AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 10 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 37.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 15.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-09, 13:42   Link #21
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Still, a competent translator would not assume gender like that...

Something tells me that there's going to be a flashback with Bazzet and Kirei when he kills her.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 13:50   Link #22
Rava

I'm guessing the translator picked that because of how much he was gushing over Rin, since there really isn't a gender neutral pronoun you can use for a person.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 13:54   Link #23
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
wtf is up with this episode, it felt majorly disjointed and lots of black screens and sound cuts. Felt like so many things are missing, didn't flow well either. Was it me or did it feel like the character designs changed for this episode? looks terrible
Old 2015-05-09, 13:59   Link #24
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
wtf is up with this episode, it felt majorly disjointed and lots of black screens and sound cuts. Felt like so many things are missing, didn't flow well either. Was it me or did it feel like the character designs changed for this episode? looks terrible
I agree with everything you said other than the character designs, they looked beautiful to me.

Quote:
I'm guessing the translator picked that because of how much he was gushing over Rin, since there really isn't a gender neutral pronoun you can use for a person.
One's self could work in that sentence I think, am I wrong? I'm not a native speaker.
Old 2015-05-09, 14:04   Link #25
adab1za

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Spoiler for Big image:

This is a mistranslation, right? I didn't hear anything indicating a female in the JPN line. Did the translator assume his master was a female? I mean, there's no way that's possible since it's Kirei but maybe there's some flashback with Bazzet? This translator should have access to further episodes right?
It was mentioned in ep14 that Lancer master is a female (during kotomine and caster master talk )

So I guess that's why he used herself
adab1za is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 14:08   Link #26
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It could be a deliberate translation to throw viewers off. If you notice in the Fifth War, all of the Masters and Servants had a male/female pairing setup. Shirou and Arturia, Rin and EMIYA, Atram and Medea, Medea and Kuzuki, Medea and Sasaki, Shinji and Medusa (thus saving up the twist of Sakura being Rider's actual summoner and Master). The only off pairing was Kotomine and Lancer (and even then Lancer had been summoned by a woman). So it could be to throw the audience off their game.

But chances are it was just a mistake.
Old 2015-05-09, 14:09   Link #27
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
It was mentioned in ep14 that Lancer master is a female (during kotomine and caster master talk )
Really? I don't remember that...

Too lazy to go and check xDD
Old 2015-05-09, 14:13   Link #28
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:

Yeah, I just checked. As Atram was leaving, the subs that I use refer to Lancer's Master as a she.
Old 2015-05-09, 14:14   Link #29
adab1za

Quote:

I remember caster master saying kanojo when he was leaving
adab1za is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 14:18   Link #30
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah, I just checked. As Atram was leaving, the subs that I use refer to Lancer's Master as a she.
Ah, yeah, you're right. But by that point, Bazzet is already dead right?

Yeah, this is most likely the translator being confused. Ehh, really wanted a Bazzet scene, at least for a half a minute xD
Old 2015-05-09, 14:19   Link #31
Lorhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The subs are correct and it makes perfect sense, as Bazett is indeed a "fellow colleague from the Association". Atomic Gatorade couldn't know she was backstabbed and her Servant stolen.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 14:20   Link #32
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by adab1za View Post
I remember caster master saying kanojo when he was leaving
Ooo, this is true.

Quote:

One's self could work in that sentence I think, am I wrong? I'm not a native speaker.
You never hear people say this in spoken language, unless they're quoting something written. I've only seen/heard it in writing, so it's probably deprecated.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 15:05   Link #33
dmaxzero

I though the UBW part would last longer or have more animation. Still was good and felt epic.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 15:53   Link #34
Amarantine

That was the only scene in all three routes of FSN where we really see Archer's UBW, and not only did it look subpar, the scene felt incredibly rushed. Furthermore, instead of Shirou counterattacking with a sword rain of his own, he replicated the swords in his hands one by one. I have to say, unless ufotable somehow pull a miraculous patch-up job in the BD version, this was easily the most poorly adapted episode thus far.

Thankfully, the second half of the episode was a lot better, and hopefully what animation they saved here will be put to good use in the next episode, because it has a lot of potential, since the first half will consist of Archer's great speech and the second should contain Lancer's heroics.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 16:05   Link #35
ShadowSamurai365

Have there been any news of any content being cut from this episode?
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 16:10   Link #36
HandofFate

How come Gilgamesh doesn't get pissed and attack Archer after Archer talked down to Shinji and him if they try to interfere?

Is it because Gilgamesh thinks the whole thing is amusing and he wants a front row seat to a good show between archer and emiya
Old 2015-05-09, 16:15   Link #37
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Can anyone explain to me what Gilgamesh was doing in the post-credits scene?
Old 2015-05-09, 16:27   Link #38
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Did DEEN have something to do with this episode? Because that UBW fight scene was even Lamer than the UBW movie.

Quote:
Can anyone explain to me what Gilgamesh was doing in the post-credits scene?
He's there to take over Ryuudo temple. Recall in the VN that they use the temple as the location to "create" the abomination of a Grail.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 16:30   Link #39
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Oh right, how stupid of me. Now I remember.

One final question, do Saber and Gilgamesh have an encounter in UBW? Do they speak about the 4th Holy Grail war?
Old 2015-05-09, 16:33   Link #40
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Oh right, how stupid of me. Now I remember.

One final question, do Saber and Gilgamesh have an encounter in UBW? Do they speak about the 4th Holy Grail war?
Nope. Not as I recall. Saber was too busy fighting Assassin in the Temple stairs while Shirou fought Gil.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote