AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 43 56.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 36.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 2.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-12-27, 20:11   Link #21
Toonleap

Oh God.
Toonleap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 20:35   Link #22
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Supposedly the new THIS ILLUSION will be the OP of the 2nd cour.
Oh God, I really hope so. I don't want to hear OP1 again in the second part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
Sorry guys but Kenji did much better job than Ufotable when it comes to music.
I can't help agreeing with Bro Coa here. And when it comes to composer, I usually have minimum bias except for John Williams.
Old 2014-12-27, 23:05   Link #23
Jerseykid

shirou the hero of justice is down and out!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 23:10   Link #24
Amarantine

That was probably the episode with the largest amount of anime original content yet, and thankfully most of it was pretty good. Taiga visiting Kiritsugu's grave as the setup for her abduction was a nice touch, and ufotable certainly made the ensuing hostage situation much more spectacular than in the VN. And of course, you can't say no to seeing Kirei in action again.

Unlike Fate/Zero, they actually split the two cours at an appropriate place, right at the hero's direst moment, when it seems his coming of age journey has come to a premature and unfulfilling end. The fact that they went and gave us This Illusion on top of it was the cherry on top of the cake.

I have to say though, ufotable's reliance on CGI was at an all time low in this episode, since not only was there way too much of it, the quality of it wasn't up to their usual standards. Assassin's ribs in particular looked jarringly plastic, and the glimpse of Archer's UBW which we saw in the preview for the second cour leaves me worried. It seems they're really intent on not having any hand-drawn UBW, but surely they can do better than that as far as CGI goes.

All in all, it was a pretty good first cour, but the real meat of the story takes place in the second half, so hopefully ufotable will deliver all the more when April comes around.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 23:15   Link #25
GDB

The scene where Saber was taken was weird. It made Saber seem extremely more competent, but it made Shirou seem like a fool. If I recall from the VN, it was just at Shirou's house and Saber charged Caster and got jobbed.

Also... wasn't Illya supposed to get more scenes? She's had that one 40 second bath scene added to explain that Berserker's lives regenerate, but beyond that she's had nothing. And if I'm not mistaken, there's no time left for her anymore, since from here they go straight to the church battle where Archer defects, and then straight to the Einzbern Castle where she dies.

Though I guess there's one more day before that, looking at the flowchart. They'll have to shove any scene for her into the first episode of the next cour, and likely involve it with Shirou's "reason to fight" scene.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 23:17   Link #26
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

She had the bath scene and the fight with Rin, so that's two scenes. Technically, that counts as "scenes".
Old 2014-12-27, 23:31   Link #27
HandofFate

Good stop to stop at for UBW.
Really enjoyed the anime original scenes. Adds good stuff.
Old 2014-12-27, 23:38   Link #28
Side-streetdog

A little weird with Shiro and Caster scene, but it's show how weak he is now and it will be interesting to see his development.

And that "This illusion" in the end, It caught me out of guard.
Old 2014-12-27, 23:50   Link #29
steam fish

so what does caster actually do to saber in the vn route again? i think i saw a picture with saber in a wedding dress getting raped by caster or something
steam fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 23:57   Link #30
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam fish View Post
so what does caster actually do to saber in the vn route again? i think i saw a picture with saber in a wedding dress getting raped by caster or something
She indeed stuffed her into a dress and put her in that humiliating position, but rather than rape, she was torturing Saber for resisting her Command Seal. She was using the torture to break down Saber's mental resistance and turn her into her slave proper.
Old 2014-12-28, 00:24   Link #31
Somnus
Eh?

Gah, April is so far away.

Also, the only real issue I had with this episode is Shirou's horrible, HORRIBLE, decision making skills during the hostage situation. I know it's different from the VN, but he was useless to the extreme. Then he goes on to be concerned for Saber at the end without considering that even without Rule-Breaker, Caster could've instead dealt a killing blow thanks to his Command Spell and he could've lost Saber that way instead.

No wonder Archer hates seeing him, ha ha. I would too.
Old 2014-12-28, 00:26   Link #32
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, keep in mind that while the DEEN depiction of Shirou being a moron is indeed exaggerated, him being a moron isn't exactly wrong.
Old 2014-12-28, 00:35   Link #33
HandofFate

Did Shirou use his last command spell to stop Saber in the VN?
I remember her just getting stabbed randomly. But I might be wrong.
Old 2014-12-28, 00:42   Link #34
Moekou
Stardust is Delicious~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Did Shirou use his last command spell to stop Saber in the VN?
I remember her just getting stabbed randomly. But I might be wrong.
Nope. I guess they just really wanted to justify how someone as strong and fast as Saber could possibly get stabbed by a physical weakling like Caster in the first place (instead of just deflecting it with her blade and cutting off Caster's arm in the process), at the expense of making Shirou look worse.
Moekou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 00:47   Link #35
HtwoN

Yes, he used a Command Spell in the VN... All of these misleading comments give me a little headache.

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20187/
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 00:53   Link #36
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
Yes, he used a Command Spell in the VN... All of this misleading comments give me a little headache.

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20187/
Indeed. And the reason he used said Command Spell to stop Saber was because Caster was going to kill Taiga out of spite at having been cornered (although as is sometimes the case ufotable didn't convey this particularly well). So even if it wasn't the most thought-out decision (which is understandable given the urgency of the situation), it did in all probability end up saving Taiga's life, as she would have likely gotten killed before Saber killed Caster herself, so Shirou really didn't do all that badly. Of course, in a way, he prioritized Taiga's safety over Saber's, but considering the former was basically his only family left and a helpless hostage in that situation, that too seems understandable to me.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 01:13   Link #37
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I didn't realize it was a split 2-cour until after watching the episode... Hmm...
I guess that means no more white white bears tarirarira~ OP? I forgot the name of the song, but bring it back to the first anime's OP1 next time.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 01:30   Link #38
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantine View Post
I have to say though, ufotable's reliance on CGI was at an all time low in this episode, since not only was there way too much of it, the quality of it wasn't up to their usual standards. Assassin's ribs in particular looked jarringly plastic, and the glimpse of Archer's UBW which we saw in the preview for the second cour leaves me worried. It seems they're really intent on not having any hand-drawn UBW, but surely they can do better than that as far as CGI goes.
The water jarred me more than anything else, but I guess given the double feature length it's quite understandable that something may've had to give.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 01:39   Link #39
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Let's wish Kirei Kotomine a happy birthday, after all this last episode of UBW's first cours aired on his birthday.
Old 2014-12-28, 01:59   Link #40
VTHokiePride

Didn't know this would be split. April seems so far away. At least Gilgamesh will start fighting soon. Kotomine can still fight.