AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 33 58.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 30.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 8.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-12-13, 18:45   Link #21
Iron Maw
Banned

Doesn't look Kuzuki is subservant to Caster at all, rather from the way she talks and addresses him there seems to be very strong mutual affection in their relationship. That whole fiance thing may not be entirely a cover up afterall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J the Drafter View Post
I got to say it's weird how Shirou is able to drive back an enemy that overpowered Saber.
Eh, that really isn't as weird to me as Kuzuki's inconsistent power. If he could hit Saber so hard she would be unconscious for minutes, Shirou and Rin should be fine dust after one blow. My guess is that Kuzuki actually held back somehow which implies he didn't really mean what he said prior to the fight either.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-13, 18:51   Link #22
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Saber wasn't unconsious for minutes, it was mere 10-20 seconds, else Caster would have reached Saber before she awakened.
Old 2014-12-13, 18:57   Link #23
Iron Maw
Banned

Perhaps your right about the seconds, but that is plenty of time to get finish off in a high paced fight. The only reason Saber was able to react faster was because Caster was distracted for moment. Atleast this what the anime implies.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-13, 18:59   Link #24
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Ahahahahahaha Oh god.

Never thought it was that effect! XD
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-13, 19:37   Link #25
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Kuzuki beat down a servant like Saber thanks to the power of love(and magic)
Love is magic afterall.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-13, 20:36   Link #26
HandofFate

Good episode.
Gotta love Saber always getting schooled by every single of her opponents.
This is where I remember DEEN Fate started getting all over the place.

Really like's Shirou's trace scene with the swords. Rewatched it many times.

I don't think its that crazy that Shirou drove Kuzuki back since he got him by total surprise, and if things continued, I don't think Shirou would have been in shape to deflect another series of attacks.
Old 2014-12-13, 23:02   Link #27
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Things get even funnier when you remember that Rulebreaker was a keychain on Caster's wallet in Carnival Phantasm

Quick question though, since I've only ever read about events in the VN and only have experience with the animated versions of F/SN and F/Z.

How is Shirou instantly able to use Kanshou and Bakuya like he's been using them all his life?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-13, 23:04   Link #28
RandChua

Shirou only managed to project it once I think. Looking thru the scenes, it is obvious if saber didn't recover in time by then kuzuki and caster would have destroyed all of them by then I feel. So what he did for projection is still unstable and what he managed was just buy time
RandChua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-13, 23:07   Link #29
RandChua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Things get even funnier when you remember that Rulebreaker was a keychain on Caster's wallet in Carnival Phantasm

Quick question though, since I've only ever read about events in the VN and only have experience with the animated versions of F/SN and F/Z.

How is Shirou instantly able to use Kanshou and Bakuya like he's been using them all his life?
I think probably shirou gained that thru the dreams he started having from archer? As shown in the previous few episodes and this one, he had started to adopt more of archer's battle stance and weapons and projection really depends greatly on a person's image or imaging of the object I think?

Last edited by RandChua; 2014-12-13 at 23:09. Reason: Adding details
Old 2014-12-13, 23:08   Link #30
HandofFate

I think he means that once he projected it, how he's able to actually wield them like a pro.
Well, he has been sparring with Saber alot, and there was a scene where he tried to mimic Archer to Saber's chagrin.

Also, I heard people say he not only projects the weapons, he projects the weapon's 'memories' as well or something, so the knowledge of being used comes with it. This part I might be a bit off on.
Old 2014-12-13, 23:09   Link #31
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandChua View Post
I think probably shirou gained that thru the dreams he started having from archer? As shown in the previous few episodes and this one, he had started to adopt more of archer's battle stance and weapons
The ones having the dreams are Rin since Archer is her servant.
Like how Shirou dreams of Saber's past in Fate.
Old 2014-12-13, 23:13   Link #32
RandChua

Ya you are correct. What I meant was he was shown to seemed to have a mysterious connection in the anime with archer haha
Old 2014-12-13, 23:25   Link #33
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblehook View Post
Kuzuki's buff with Caster and Shirou's a Magic User of projection. I'd say that so called Sasaki Koujirou (Assassin) is the only one who fights normally using a normal weapon and makes up for it with pure skill alone
eh not really, Assassin is a Heroic Spirit so by default its not 'normal' Kuzuki is really the one who's amazing here with his Snake fist that's unpredictable enough to seriously mess even Saber up if it was one-on-one to the death. (who did you think killed Rider so easily?) Bare fists bro, thats skill right there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Doesn't look Kuzuki is subservant to Caster at all, rather from the way she talks and addresses him there seems to be very strong mutual affection in their relationship. That whole fiance thing may not be entirely a cover up afterall.

Eh, that really isn't as weird to me as Kuzuki's inconsistent power. If he could hit Saber so hard she would be unconscious for minutes, Shirou and Rin should be fine dust after one blow. My guess is that Kuzuki actually held back somehow which implies he didn't really mean what he said prior to the fight either.
the fact that they are still alive despite him being a trained assassin says alot about how much he's not taking this seriously. After all he left that life behind because he didnt see the point in endlessly killing people cuz he was ordered to. He's just taking care of Caster since he found her dying. Heh looks like he's the only Master actually in this War for legit reasons (taking care of Caster as long as she wants to stay at the temple, everyone else is wishy washy about the whole war thing, Rin fighting just to be a winner, Shirou who has no effin idea what's he in for, Shinji doing it to feel good, Ilya to murder Shirou, Kotomine who wants the world to end for laughs). See where i'm going with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandChua View Post
I think probably shirou gained that thru the dreams he started having from archer? As shown in the previous few episodes and this one, he had started to adopt more of archer's battle stance and weapons and projection really depends greatly on a person's image or imaging of the object I think?
Two identical souls existing in the same time period = soul resonance aka bleeding effect
Old 2014-12-13, 23:40   Link #34
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
eh not really, Assassin is a Heroic Spirit so by default its not 'normal' Kuzuki is really the one who's amazing here with his Snake fist that's unpredictable enough to seriously mess even Saber up if it was one-on-one to the death. (who did you think killed Rider so easily?) Bare fists bro, thats skill right there

the fact that they are still alive despite him being a trained assassin says alot about how much he's not taking this seriously. After all he left that life behind because he didnt see the point in endlessly killing people cuz he was ordered to. He's just taking care of Caster since he found her dying. Heh looks like he's the only Master actually in this War for legit reasons (taking care of Caster as long as she wants to stay at the temple, everyone else is wishy washy about the whole war thing, Rin fighting just to be a winner, Shirou who has no effin idea what's he in for, Shinji doing it to feel good, Ilya to murder Shirou, Kotomine who wants the world to end for laughs). See where i'm going with this?

Kuzuki's fists are magically enhanced by Caster, so he is stronger than before he met Caster. Both Rin and Shirou are strenghtening their bodies.

If you pay attention, you can even see Rin actually BLOCKING Kuzuki's attack. Also Shirou has 2 healing factors which makes him able to continue the fight even though he was hit by Kuzuki. And I would not say Kuzuki was holding back. If Shirou tried to defend Saber instead of Rin, this would happen:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also Shirou has a clear goal in the war: "Making Sure the winner is not someone with bad intentions".
Old 2014-12-13, 23:47   Link #35
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Also, I heard people say he not only projects the weapons, he projects the weapon's 'memories' as well or something, so the knowledge of being used comes with it. This part I might be a bit off on.
That is the way I understood it from how the wiki explained it. He gains some of the expertise of the wielders of the weapons he projects, while he's using them.
Old 2014-12-14, 01:34   Link #36
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
Two identical souls existing in the same time period = soul resonance aka bleeding effect
By doing the real thing and no side effect..
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 02:18   Link #37
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
It's kind of been said already, but for the sake of completeness:

When Shirou (or anyone for that matter) traces a weapon, it's not just the physical weapon he is recreating. He's also recreating all of the weapon's past experiences. This leads to him being able to use them a little better than your average other person who might pick up two swords.

That being said, Shirou has been training with Saber, and has been watching Servant's fight, so it's not like he was starting from zero. He has a bit of a basis there to base his fighting on, even if he's never used those weapons before.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 03:46   Link #38
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
When Shirou (or anyone for that matter) traces a weapon, it's not just the physical weapon he is recreating. He's also recreating all of the weapon's past experiences. This leads to him being able to use them a little better than your average other person who might pick up two swords.
I thought this is Shirou's unique ability due to his latent UBW? (the tracing past experiences part I mean)
Old 2014-12-14, 05:18   Link #39
Jaden

Yeah, it's a unique ability. There's no way for a normal magus to grasp a concept like a "weapon's experience", and as Rin (and Kiritsugu) explain in the VN, projecting functional copies of any item is pretty much unheard of. The magic is only ever used for illusions and ritual props.
Old 2014-12-14, 05:37   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This adaptation keeps getting better and better, which is quite a feat given that it was almost perfect from the get-go. The fights in this episode were just incredible. Kuzuki is truly a beast.

Archer's flashback was weird. It looked like it took place in a distant past (what with people using polearms and swords), but all we know he's from the future. What was that?