AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-08, 16:06   Link #21
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I'm desensitized to wincest and stepcest but giving them the same birthday seems silly. Not sure what purpose that serves.
Linking the two by fate ?
Old 2022-07-08, 16:07   Link #22
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

It's an interesting concept, being exes and then now becoming step siblings due to their parents' new marriages. No doubt it would lead to a lot of awkward encounters, but now they have to hide that fact publicly while privately, it's juxtaposed against their annoyance/hate/love relationship.

I don't think I've ever seen an anime where the MC has that many books!
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-09, 08:01   Link #23
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
It's an interesting concept, being exes and then now becoming step siblings due to their parents' new marriages.
Its actually been done quite a few times in the past, and a common premise in "Hentai" plot as well.
Aka., its a pretty Common Concept, as far as Japanese stories are considered.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-09, 08:15   Link #24
Tenzen12

It's not. Step siblings being attracted to each other is super common, sure. Them being ex-lovers that's unique.
Old 2022-07-09, 12:23   Link #25
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Again there was Domestic Girlfriend, where the MC fucked the younger sister and was obsessed with the older sister before they became a family. I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to hentai but I'll take Huh...? word for it that the premise is out there. Its not a common premise but not unique either.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-09, 21:06   Link #26
Tenzen12

Domestic Kanojo is close enough indeed, but it's not like they actually dated. That said even if we count that, it's only one other work. As for hentai that's around same number. In first place dealing with exes in any manner is rare already.
Old 2022-07-10, 09:37   Link #27
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
In first place dealing with exes in any manner is rare already.
See the thing is "ex" in otaku media usually means they went to the aquarium once and held hands (lewd!) and maybe, MAYBE there was a kiss on the cheek involved before they split up. I doubt these two got past unprotected hand holding, if that.
Old 2022-07-10, 10:49   Link #28
Frontier

Quote:
See the thing is "ex" in otaku media usually means they went to the aquarium once and held hands (lewd!) and maybe, MAYBE there was a kiss on the cheek involved before they split up. I doubt these two got past unprotected hand holding, if that.
Unprotected hand holding is a big deal .

I wonder if they did kiss...
Old 2022-07-11, 23:23   Link #29
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
This anime doesn't even seem to get sibling relationships straight. I can totally see that for ex-s too

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-11, 23:55   Link #30
Tenzen12

Both characters are single child who have no idea how sibling act. There is no reason to even try get it right. As for ex relationship it's close enough.
Old 2022-07-12, 10:55   Link #31
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Both characters are single child who have no idea how sibling act. There is no reason to even try get it right. As for ex relationship it's close enough.
Perhaps that can be shown in future episodes, but as far as the first episode goes, it seems more like the show doesn't know how siblings act instead of the characters
Might have been a different story if they spent the first 10 minutes being awkward to each other instead of smartassing to the audience

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-12, 11:01   Link #32
Frontier

I don't think the actions of two teenagers who used to date trying to act like siblings and failing miserably because they're still secretly into each other is meant at all to reflect real siblings .
Old 2022-07-12, 11:10   Link #33
Tenzen12

Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Perhaps that can be shown in future episodes, but as far as the first episode goes, it seems more like the show doesn't know how siblings act instead of the characters
Might have been a different story if they spent the first 10 minutes being awkward to each other instead of smartassing to the audience
We don't have clue if show knows how siblings act or not. We didn't see any. Also those two didn't "smartassing to audience" they were smartassing to each other.
Old 2022-07-12, 11:37   Link #34
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I think the larger issue is that step sibling incest has been really overdone. This author seems to be trying pretty hard to be different and it just seems kind of bizarre.
Old 2022-07-12, 11:59   Link #35
Frontier

Quote:
I think the larger issue is that step sibling incest has been really overdone. This author seems to be trying pretty hard to be different and it just seems kind of bizarre.
Honestly a part of me wonders if they're trying to see if either of them has a sibling fetish .
Old 2022-07-13, 10:35   Link #36
Frontier

Mizuto would probably write off warding off playboy's from Yume as brotherly concern, but to me it comes off more like a guy who doesn't want anyone else around his girl. I think that's definitely how Yume took it .

Nobuhiko Okamoto really seems to enjoy playing the best friend character in romcoms in-between his Bakugo seasons. Kawanami seems like a chill dude, but when he talks about being a guy who likes watching romance more than participating it, I wonder if he's intrigued by Mizuto and Yume's actual relationship ?

Nothing bonds two girls together quite like discussing bust sizes and rubbing their boobs together in the hopes that one of them will grow big. Also, Yume's chest grew that much in a year? Wow. And a D-cup !

Minami seems like a very energetic and sporty girl, which makes for a nice pairing with Yume, and I'm glad they were able to come together and really become friends after Minami discovered Yume's not just the perfect girl she tries to portray herself as. Even former nerds still struggle with athletics .

Mizuto coming in with the save when Yume collapses like he's a Shojo Manga male lead. And he was there the whole time to make sure she was okay .

I see Minami and Kawanami get along like cats and dogs. Prospective side couple, perhaps ?

Yume's delirious enough to see Mizuto as his middle school self, probably because that's the version of him she's still in love with .

Minami's perceptive enough to realize Mizuto's had a girlfriend before, and notice something going on between him and Yume...could she already know and is just gauging them out? I definitely don't see Yume taking it well if another girl was interested in Mizuto, and I don't think she was bothered by Mizuto hanging with her friend so much as Mizuto hanging out with another girl .

Mizuto takes care of a sick Yume and reminisces on their former romance...two middle-school kids who love books and grew close because of their shared interest, and spent all their time together as a couple, but eventually grew apart because of trivial things. Were they all "trivial?" Was there more to the breakup? I guess they'll probably sort through their issues, past and present, now that they're stuck as siblings .

A recovered Yume using her sickness as an excuse to have Mizuto dote on her was adorable. She couldn't resist asking for some (totally not platonic sibling) handholding .
Old 2022-07-13, 13:55   Link #37
Alchemist007
*Author

The mood felt a little bit more reasonable in ep 2.
Old 2022-07-13, 17:55   Link #38
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Unprotected hand holding is a big deal .

I wonder if they did kiss...
So apparently there was unprotected hand holding while they were dating, but I guess we'll see about kissing. It doesn't look like they made it to first names either.

Last edited by stray; 2022-07-13 at 18:19. Reason: first name
Old 2022-07-13, 20:34   Link #39
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The supporting cast definitely adds some nice punch to things. Especially Minami. That girl is perceptive . Already picked up on Irido's romantic experience without having to spend much time around him. Honestly it's quite a bit of fun wondering what she's picking up on and what she thinks is going on. And all the more fun seeing how the main pair will have to be aware of her interpretations of their interactions.

And her utterly getting him to pamper her even after she was feeling better was pure gold. Of course it was going to blow up in her face eventually. But she just couldn't help it .

This was a good episode. Got some nice moments for the main pair and the supporting cast is pretty ok.
Old 2022-07-13, 21:32   Link #40
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The supporting cast definitely adds some nice punch to things. Especially Minami. That girl is perceptive . Already picked up on Irido's romantic experience without having to spend much time around him. Honestly it's quite a bit of fun wondering what she's picking up on and what she thinks is going on. And all the more fun seeing how the main pair will have to be aware of her interpretations of their interactions.
Kind of reminds me of Toradora; probably just recency bias on my part though.

Tags
harem, love triangle