Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-06-05, 06:30   Link #21
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indalecio View Post
love triangle? who is the other woman beside Leticia?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
@ Zefyris: The one it's supposed to go into depends on a number of things when there's both a Web Novel and a Light Novel. But, at the end of the day, if there's a translation, which part of the forum it goes into is supposed to depend on whether it's the Web Novel or the Light Novel being translated.
Except that afaik none of the titles I mentioned are having their Wn version being translated, and most have at least a chinese translation of their LN version.
Yuusha sama no oshishou sama have an english WN translation indeed, but it also has a chinese LN translation, for example.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2016-06-05 at 06:55.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-05, 19:48   Link #22
lexlexz

drama track sinopses

the story is
Spoiler for :

that all i remember
sorry about the broken english

Last edited by lexlexz; 2016-06-05 at 21:31.
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-07, 02:27   Link #23
Brin A'sair

I have really enjoyed this story, and I am glad it is finally getting translated. It is the first time I have not only gone to the google translation to seek what happens in the next chapter, but also - upon finding google's TL readable - proceeded to read the next 60 chapters in one go. (Currently, having had a break, I'm about to start chapter 5 of arc 3, the chapter titled "Rumor".)

That there will be a love triangle later is interesting, given that thus far he hasn't shown much more than friendship toward the second girl (although her growing feelings have been obvious since soon after they met, but so far are still rather low key). Did the LN developed this further than the WN? If not then I guess I have something to look forward to in the next 2 - 3 arcs. It should be easier now that he is
Spoiler:

One thing that has confused me so far is arc 2.5. I know it was added later (sometime after arc 3 or 4 was written), mostly to flesh out their time as children. But I can't help but wonder if the author really thought it through before hand or not. I mean, would Letti's family really have not noticed their 7yo daughter missing for several days?

The mornings (when she meets with Wynn) are explainable: they have a huge estate, and a child wishing to avoid early morning lessons has plenty of places to hide, and she always shows up for midday meal and afternoon lessons. But arc 2.5 has she and Wynn being away from the city for at least 2 - 4 days, possibly as long as a week (if that last fight occurred the scheduled 3 days later rather than on the next night).

Volumes 6 - 7 should be at around the same point as the WN's recent chapters. I'm not sure if the author will continue updating the WN much longer. Often the WN is abandoned when the LN catches up, especially if differences have been growing between the two. On the other hand, the author recently revised most of the chapters of the most recent arc, so perhaps he is adjusting the WN to better fit the LN? I wonder what the differences are / were?

Chinese translations do not seem to be counted when determining which board to place the thread on, given that most here do not seem to read Chinese.
Brin A'sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-07, 02:46   Link #24
Zefyris
図書館狼

I don't know the WN, so I can't answer if there's any difference. Wynn is at least conscious of her feelings.
If I understand where you are, you're right after the end of the flashback part (which means beginning of volume 4), so yeah you're not as far as me; so there's that.

I don't see the problem here. They noticed her missing, of course, but they didn't care AT ALL. She was basically a problem children that no one wanted to be in charge off, and kept around just as a marriage option when she'll be older since she seemed like a pretty child, so that her family could forge further political alliances. Her freaking tutor didn't care. Her siblings didn't care. Until the day they were informed that she was the prophesied saviour of the world, then they started to care lol x).
Old 2016-06-07, 17:54   Link #25
lexlexz

is win stronger than lety in sword play?
does he have another abillitie?
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-07, 23:41   Link #26
Indalecio
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Indalecio Send a message via AIM to Indalecio Send a message via Yahoo to Indalecio
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlexz View Post
is win stronger than lety in sword play?
does he have another abillitie?
your question already answered in the first page
Indalecio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 00:36   Link #27
Waxman

What happen with Letti's party, do they stick around or return to their countries.
If i am not mistaken, before she was named the yuusha Letti's only frien was Wynn and the she departed to do heroics
That mean they're her only friends, or at least the elf sage seem to treat Letti as a little sister.
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 05:18   Link #28
Zefyris
図書館狼

^^^ He doesn't have any other ability, and he's around equal in swordplay

^ They're all pretty much leaders of their respective countries or something like that, so they obviously can't stick around afterwards. Although, you'll see them again.
Old 2016-06-14, 08:08   Link #29
Zefyris
図書館狼

I got the 6th volume (haven't read it yet), so just for information, the end of the volume is announcing the 7th volume for the end of this year - probably 30 December.
Old 2016-06-15, 09:53   Link #30
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Oooh, now this seems like an interesting series, the LN artworks also look quite soft, clean and...warm.

To thy list with ye'!
Old 2016-06-15, 14:15   Link #31
mickbis

I like how the lesson she got from Wynn is what make her survived the hard battle and earn her the title Sword Princess
Now that I think about it, Knight in this world rely too much on Magic assistance...
without that or run out of SP/mana they should be nobody like?
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-15, 16:52   Link #32
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
I like how the lesson she got from Wynn is what make her survived the hard battle and earn her the title Sword Princess
Now that I think about it, Knight in this world rely too much on Magic assistance...
without that or run out of SP/mana they should be nobody like?
with the people whose too much relying on magic, when they facing an enemy whose got hi-tier anti magic power, how d'ya think those ignorant done it?

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 00:10   Link #33
xTachibana

does he ever get better at magic?
xTachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 01:19   Link #34
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riz View Post
with the people whose too much relying on magic, when they facing an enemy whose got hi-tier anti magic power, how d'ya think those ignorant done it?
Keep using until run out of magic right ? and shout "It cannot be!?"
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 03:41   Link #35
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTachibana View Post
does he ever get better at magic?
He can't get better. It's like rolling a class that has 1% of the mana of the caster classes in a RPG and hopping to someday be able to cast fireballs, that's not happening, because he doesn't have the resources to cast anything medium level or above.
Old 2016-06-16, 04:27   Link #36
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
He can't get better. It's like rolling a class that has 1% of the mana of the caster classes in a RPG and hopping to someday be able to cast fireballs, that's not happening, because he doesn't have the resources to cast anything medium level or above.
Ah, speaking of I always related Wynn to that old Dragon Quest stereotype where there is always this rough strong character but that has MP 0 regardless of how much you level him (and that stats wise, is usually stronger than anyone but the yuusha; who is as good as him but can do magic as well).
Old 2016-06-16, 06:33   Link #37
Darius Drake

@ Okashira: That seems close... except that you need to give the other physical fighters a "cast and maintain" spell that raises their physical stats by a percentage of their magic stats, at the cost of continuously draining MP. And where the lowest increase is 50%.

I mean, yes, Wynn does have a Strength Stat of, lets say, 60, while the closest physical fighter his age (excluding the Hero/Yuusha) is, at most, 50. But in exchange for a turn, (one where Wynn probably can't hit them), they get a Strength Stat of 75 maintained until they hit 0 MP. It's not really possible to say that Wynn's a "useful character" in this situation.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 06:33   Link #38
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Ah, speaking of I always related Wynn to that old Dragon Quest stereotype where there is always this rough strong character but that has MP 0 regardless of how much you level him (and that stats wise, is usually stronger than anyone but the yuusha; who is as good as him but can do magic as well).
Wynn doesn't have 0, though. Just an extremely small amount.

To explain further the concept here,

In this verse, the amount of "mana" you possess is genetic. And across the ages, at one time or another, most peoples with a high magic potential have elevated themselves socially, so currently high magic potential on the human side is usually associated with peoples of some nobility statuses. It's not an absolute rule, but usually commoners have far less. If you're a baron, marquis, or whatever, you probably have received quite a nice magic pool from your ancestors. Although, if you don't learn how to use it, that won't make you a good spellcaster just from genetics alone~.
Also, just like anything else in genetics, it can manifest more or less strongly from one child to another, so there is still quite a gap that can happen between two siblings.

This is a very similar concept to Negima verse btw.

Even for a commoner, Wynn has a very very low amount of mana. So low that he struggles and fail for anything besides the most basic of the basic spells.
Interestingly, this also means that he's far more receptive to buff spells coming from others than anyone else. In this verse, buff spells are almost exclusively used as self-buff, because if you try to, for example raise the speed of an ally, that ally's "magic pool"will strongly react to the foreign magic's presence and reject it quickly.
Wynn's "magic pool" is so low that this reaction doesn't happen, allowing characters that have a knack for buff/debuff spells to buff him efficiently.
Old 2016-06-16, 06:46   Link #39
Stinkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
Wynn's "magic pool" is so low that this reaction doesn't happen, allowing characters that have a knack for buff/debuff spells to buff him efficiently.
So this means that in any world where people have brains, Wynn would be already dead since they could simply debuff and kill him easily.

Ofc, I didnt read anything about this LN so I dont know about enemies but, to me it would be quite simple to kill him.

WN/LN - Reading: Zhan Long • World Teacher • Arifureta • Legendary Moonlight Scupltor • Re:Monster • Suterareta Yuusha • Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan • Martial God Asura • Oukoku e Tsuzuku Michi • Hisshou Dungeon • Risou no Himo Seikatsu • Yuusha Party no Kawaii ko ga ita no de

Dropped: Tate no Yuusha • Nejimaki Seirei Senki • Yobidasa Reta Satsuriku-sha
Stinkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 06:53   Link #40
Darius Drake

Actually, he gets hit with a debuff in chapter 11, which is now translated. Wynn, basically, has learnt how to fight, and win, while being at an overwhelming disadvantage to his opponent. The difference between Buffed & Unbuffed is like that of between Adult and Child. The difference between Buffed & Debuffed (without resistance) is even GREATER. Even with this insane difference in power, Wynn has enough skill to overcome it.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
love triangle, osananajimi, yuusha