AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-08-04, 11:32   Link #21
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Man, i'm so glad Kisame survived an epic battle that ended with him getting decapitated by a double clotheline from Bee and the the Raikage, just so that he could be effortlessly beaten by Naruto and Gai...
I agree with neshru, Kisame will probably escape (realistically, that's the only way for the story to really progress). I hope it is with his own powers (even if he just runs away), but Zetsu/Madara appearing to save him wouldn't be that bad either...Whatever the case, he has to somehow disclose Naruto's new powers to Madara.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 11:34   Link #22
SeanQ

lol funny chapter -_- nooo don't let Kisame go down like that !!!
Old 2010-08-04, 11:36   Link #23
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Man, i'm so glad Kisame survived an epic battle that ended with him getting decapitated by a double clotheline from Bee and the the Raikage, just so that he could be effortlessly beaten by Naruto and Gai...
-Why so surprised? The Akatsuki have been dropping like flies since Sasori. Kisame is no exception. Just wait until Madara fully fused with the Jyuubi is defeated with the 1000 Years of Pain.
Old 2010-08-04, 13:08   Link #24
Dnous
wut

Gai is awesome and all and I love his stupidity, but how the hell did he become a Jounin with a memory like that lol?
Dnous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 13:39   Link #25
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

What the hell? That was just about the most out there end for Kisame I could have imagined.
Old 2010-08-04, 13:51   Link #26
iBeast

Kisame imo is the most gangsta member of Akatsuki...spying/espionage and then straight up running away...
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 14:28   Link #27
Ero-Senn1n

Kisame is obviously not dead, it would be nonsense to let him survive against KillerBee+Raikage in such a tricky way and then let him spy on the 2 remaining demon hosts just to kill him off in an instant. Sure he was a measuring stick for Naruto's new power for a moment, but after that he went to a place with water, so i guess he must be hiding in the water, water is his natural place where his power should be much stronger than in a dry place where he first faced Gai. So i think Gai can't beat him so easily in a place surrounded by water.

Now i wonder if the "that jutsu" that Jiraiya was teaching him for 2,5 years is what he used now, or maybe his speed is due to his kyuubi+sage mode which he does not have to learn but is his natural speed in his SSJ (Super Sage Jinchuriki) form. The question here is why would Naruto need huge amounts of chakra to perform a "that" jutsu, since none of Yondaime's jutsu needed huge amounts of chakra (it was never said that Yondaime had such huge chakra). Or maybe Naruto is so bad at performing such jutsu that he needs hundreds of times more chakra than Yondaime needed for the same jutsu That would be sad
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 15:07   Link #28
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Kisame is obviously not dead, it would be nonsense to let him survive against KillerBee+Raikage in such a tricky way and then let him spy on the 2 remaining demon hosts just to kill him off in an instant. Sure he was a measuring stick for Naruto's new power for a moment, but after that he went to a place with water, so i guess he must be hiding in the water, water is his natural place where his power should be much stronger than in a dry place where he first faced Gai. So i think Gai can't beat him so easily in a place surrounded by water.
Yeah, he obviously didn't die this chapter. Though he's obviously still outmatched as things are now. Still, being in a place surrounded by water should be something a sharkman can take advantage off...

Quote:
Now i wonder if the "that jutsu" that Jiraiya was teaching him for 2,5 years is what he used now, or maybe his speed is due to his kyuubi+sage mode which he does not have to learn but is his natural speed in his SSJ (Super Sage Jinchuriki) form. The question here is why would Naruto need huge amounts of chakra to perform a "that" jutsu)
He just performed shunsin no jutsu (D-rank jutsu), though it was a highly advanced version because of his new power.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 15:37   Link #29
Cael
Lurker Mode

Can Naruto finally get a promotion to Jounin? Or will he technically be a Gennin until he becomes Hokage? Come on now, he deserves the jacket already and the pay raise. I would have liked to have seen Naruto advance through the ranks before getting the super power ups, but it's too late for that. He's stronger than most Kage now, so even Jounin would be kind of pointless, but still he deserves at least that. At least a jacket and a payraise.
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 15:39   Link #30
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Now i wonder if the "that jutsu" that Jiraiya was teaching him for 2,5 years is what he used now, or maybe his speed is due to his kyuubi+sage mode which he does not have to learn but is his natural speed in his SSJ (Super Sage Jinchuriki) form.
There is no indication that the form Naruto uses is in anyway related to Sage Mode. It appears, based on the spoilers, to just be Kyuubi Mode.

edit: It is the form Naruto used when confronting the Kyuubi, so no Sage Mode is involved. Naruto's final power-up will obviously be the combination of the 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post
Can Naruto finally get a promotion to Jounin? Or will he technically be a Gennin until he becomes Hokage? Come on now, he deserves the jacket already and the pay raise. I would have liked to have seen Naruto advance through the ranks before getting the super power ups, but it's too late for that. He's stronger than most Kage now, so even Jounin would be kind of pointless, but still he deserves at least that. At least a jacket and a payraise.
You want a new rank? Fine, Naruto just got a promotion to Fox Sage...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-08-04 at 16:21.
Old 2010-08-04, 15:58   Link #31
NoLongerSane

So pretty much Kishi just officially made Naruto the new Goku for the Shonen universe. Next chapter or when ever we get to read the part, Sasuke becomes Vegeta with his power up and new form.

Anyway, Dragon Ball joking aside, I really do hope that Kisame escapes from his current predicament. The guy just finished attaining vital information on an enemy defensive stategy and to have him killed at this point in time would undermine the current story.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 16:19   Link #32
Slayerx

Well chapter is out... sounds like kisame likely did survive; the words at the end of chapter make it sound like it's not over

Though one thing i can't help but notice is how kisame was able to extend the spines of his sword and remained fused with it... The major thing that rings through my mind is, why did he jump off Bee's back when he could extended those spines and STABBED him first... Seriously, Kisame was in perfect position to pretty much immobilize Bee in one move
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 16:24   Link #33
james0246

^Considering how fast Naruto moved (near instantaneous, if not instantaneous...but it's still Shuushin), who knows if Kisame could have stabbed Kirabi or not.

Additionally, it is very understandable why Gai did not recognize Kisame...
Old 2010-08-04, 16:34   Link #34
Dnous
wut

Quote:
Well chapter is out... sounds like kisame likely did survive; the words at the end of chapter make it sound like it's not over

Though one thing i can't help but notice is how kisame was able to extend the spines of his sword and remained fused with it... The major thing that rings through my mind is, why did he jump off Bee's back when he could extended those spines and STABBED him first... Seriously, Kisame was in perfect position to pretty much immobilize Bee in one move
Well, they do need him alive. Stabbing doesn't really help if he can't take him with him. So escaping (alone) was the better option.
Old 2010-08-04, 16:47   Link #35
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Is anyone else reminded of Rave Master here? Where, upon completing an emotionally painful inner journey to achieve his full power, Haru effortlessly beats the strongest member of the Oracion Seis, who had been waiting nearby.

Also, I like Kisame... but he looked completely stupid sticking out of Samehada like that. As if he was doing a Zetsu impression, or maybe he just wasn't wearing pants.
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 17:00   Link #36
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Well that was fun. I like how they explained how Naruto's Kyuubi chakra works now. I'm sorta sad that we won't be seeing any transformations like his Tailed Mode 4 and 6, but its understandable that he can't use those forms anymore. After all, Kyuubi's will has now been separated from the chakra so it makes sense that we won't see any Tailed Modes again. Also, is anyone liking the fact that the chakra has a big "life-force"? No more damages to Naruto's body and as a free bonus (probably), an even better regeneration (and super physical prowess).

-Also, poor Yamato. He's become officially useless in helping Naruto in the Kyuubi matter. Seems all he's good for now is being a cheerleader/friendly NPC. I mean, come on, when was the last time he actually did anything that didn't involve meeting Naruto's demands.

-At least this chapter was good. Too bad that we have to go through 2 more weeks before a new chapter is released. I wanted to see more but beggars can't be choosers.
Old 2010-08-04, 17:08   Link #37
Bombo
TSF Fans

Best quote words from naruto in this chapter
"HELL YEAH"
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-I really like it the new power...it's not just sense the chakara also sense the emotion and hatred...and the speed from the yellow flash jutso.!!! its real or just the speed power!?

-Last two page from gai really priceless lol..last word from him and bee "Huh?" ROFL ROFL

Last edited by Bombo; 2010-08-04 at 17:18.
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 17:12   Link #38
iBeast

So Gai vs. Kisame? Zetsu will appear out of nowhere and rescue Kisame for sure...

So Naruto has some Yellow Flash moves now eh...
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 17:30   Link #39
Dnous
wut

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
So Gai vs. Kisame? Zetsu will appear out of nowhere and rescue Kisame for sure...

So Naruto has some Yellow Flash moves now eh...
I doubt it's gonna be Zetsu. I don't think he has the ability/skill to penetrate the barrier surrounding the island unnoticed. Unless the barrier ignores Zetsu spores. If anyone is going to help him, it's gonna be Madara. Barriers are his speciality >.>.
Old 2010-08-04, 17:40   Link #40
james0246

No, Naruto does not have Hiraishin, or anything like that. He was simply extraordinarily fast. That was why he got his foot caught in the stone, he impacted the wall with such force that he leg literally pushed through the wall and got stuck in the stone.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion