AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2020-12-18, 23:04   Link #21
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Fascinating. Though there are many ways things can go once the other series start up (Rangers of the New Republic, and Ahsoka), as the galaxy widens.
Old 2020-12-18, 23:32   Link #22
Psyco Diver

They really didn't need to rescue him because Luke went 1 man army on them anyways. Honestly I did like the Luke part, they showed what a jedi master can do and how next level they are, it felt like it payed homage to the Vader scene in Rouge One

I see Boba is getting his own series, will the Mandalorin get a 3rd though?
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-19, 18:52   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Mandalorian is at the heart of the Star Wars universe now. There's no way it's not getting a third season and more, if Favreau needs them. What worries me is this flood of spinoffs saturating the fanbase.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-20, 00:39   Link #24
coded321
He Who Games

^You say that as if its a bad thing.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-20, 01:34   Link #25
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
^You say that as if its a bad thing.
I do worry that the appeal of something really special - which I think the Mando is - could be undercut by the usual Disney excess of marketing and general saturation. Too many spinoffs can kill interest in the original (and make it harder to maintain a standard of quality for the entire franchise by diluting the talent base).
Old 2020-12-21, 00:16   Link #26
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I do worry that the appeal of something really special - which I think the Mando is - could be undercut by the usual Disney excess of marketing and general saturation. Too many spinoffs can kill interest in the original (and make it harder to maintain a standard of quality for the entire franchise by diluting the talent base).
This right here, I remember when Rouge One came out and was a commercial hit. Disney opened the flood gates and when Solo bombed (while a good movie, just not a good SW movie) they pulled back. Disney didn't have a lot of faith in this show, it's budget was low but this show did good along with the final season of the animated series. I fear their about to open the food gates also.

Personally I think they should do OVA style shows on most of this stuff, keep the story tight and that's it, most of the side story stuff doesn't need a trilogy, 2 hour movie or full TV season. A short 45 minute show is more than enough
Old 2020-12-21, 12:34   Link #27
coded321
He Who Games

The problem wasn't merely oversaturation, it was disney trying to repeat the success of the MCU without actually setting up a plan or groundwork on how to do so. Love em or hate em, what's undeniable about the sequel trilogy was that it split the fanbase. Enthusiasm for star wars was dwindling as a result. Solo bombed. But its not like Disney could just stop producing star wars, they did spend 4.5 billion just to purchase it.

What makes the mandalorian and the upcoming TV series different is that they are now being led by the right people, SW fans themselves, who have a long term plan not only to tell an amazing STAR WARS story, but to also remind longtime SW fans why they love star wars. Whereas the sequel trilogy split the fanbase, the mandalorian is bringing it back together.
Old 2020-12-21, 18:54   Link #28
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It is, but I still worry that this explosion of filler material is going to resplinter it. Favs is now in charge of what, 5 series in total? You can cite the MCU as an example in a positive sense, but from a creative standpoint I'd consider it more of a warning.
Old 2020-12-21, 19:36   Link #29
coded321
He Who Games

In Favreau's hands, even the worst he comes up with will probably be better recieved by the fanbase than how the sequel trilogy was received.
Old 2020-12-21, 21:59   Link #30
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Since Star Wars is essentially a galactic scale settling, you can get away with just about any subgenre as long as you set in in a Galaxy, Far Far Away. That is more freedom than the Battlestar Galactica reboot had when it tried to do Caprica.

Star Wars even gets extra point because it can get away with changing the time of its setting, since the Timeline for stuff happening can cover just about anything going back to the formation of the Republic and the founding of the Jedi a thousand generations prior to the time of Luke Skywalker.
Old 2020-12-22, 00:30   Link #31
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
So on another website (Reddit), I saw the fanbase going insane for this. I looked at the trailer... and based on when its set, I was about impressed by this as I was by Solo- aka not at all.
I like apples, not my favorite but very good. Comparing The Mandalorian with Solo is like comparing apples with shit. But it's understandable, when you posted this, you haven't seen it yet. The Mandalorian is the best Star Wars flick since the 6 movies that made Star Wars. The 2nd season was even better than the 1st. 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Well, there’s a few people I know that refuse to watch anything related to Disney’s Star Wars after a new trilogy. The damage done to franchise is downright insane.
It's understandable. The only good moments from the 3 movies were the moments with Look Skywalker, all the rest was shit or shit adjacent. Oddly enough,
Spoiler:
That was cool, no wonder the episode is rated 9.9/10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
They really didn't need to rescue him because Luke went 1 man army on them anyways. Honestly I did like the Luke part, they showed what a jedi master can do and how next level they are, it felt like it payed homage to the Vader scene in Rouge One

I see Boba is getting his own series, will the Mandalorin get a 3rd though?
It's already woven into IMDB, so almost certainly. On a different matter, I believe we should give spoilers only in spoiler tags.
Old 2020-12-30, 19:30   Link #32
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/st...041103872?s=20
Old 2020-12-30, 20:16   Link #33
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Mandalorian is at the heart of the Star Wars universe now. There's no way it's not getting a third season and more, if Favreau needs them. What worries me is this flood of spinoffs saturating the fanbase.
Just be excited for The Mandalorian, Ahsoka, Rangers of the New Republic and
Spoiler for spoiler:
everything else outside of maybe Rogue Squadron might not be worth following that much.
Old 2020-12-30, 22:00   Link #34
Psyco Diver

I kinda feel like the Mandalorian should be done, it had a good ending with no real lead on into a third season but it left room for other characters to expand.
Old 2020-12-30, 22:57   Link #35
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Retaking Mandalore? Or what is left of it.
Old 2020-12-31, 01:52   Link #36
Johnny Dy

I just loved how the normal mandalorians addressed Mando "What's with him? ...He's an extremist! An old cult who believes in the old ways like never take your helmet off, regardless for what reason! Aaaaah... he's one of those guys!" rofl

And that came out of nowhere, you never had the impression, not one bit, until that moment that mandalorians are somewhat divided in traditions! It makes perfect sense, we are here on Earth, and then some!

"I wonder how the make love with their helmets on! Must be difficult to kiss!" That would have been a good line to throw at Mando!
Old 2021-02-14, 08:37   Link #37
Psyco Diver

https://www.facebook.com/TheWarpZone...1945559829759/

Well dang lol
Old 2022-02-09, 17:54   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I knew The Book of Bobba Fett ended today so I thought I'd check what people thought of it... and without giving too much away, I found out it basically turns into The Mandalorian season 2.5 at some point, making it a must watch to be ready for the upcoming season 3. Still not really interested in Bobba Fett himself, by the way.
Old 2023-01-16, 23:52   Link #39
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mando season three official trailer.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This is the Way.
Old 2023-01-17, 01:14   Link #40
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I REALLY need to go and watch Andor. I'm still not done with my Marvel backlog. They say it's probably the best Star Wars non-movie series so far.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote