1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.28%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-17, 15:20   Link #21
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's the major issue with the anime adaptation: we barely learn anything from the ten master clans to the point they are your cookie cutter "powerful families" gimmick without much insight about that.
The only serious points about them was Katsuto's introduction and the mention of the Yotsuba. But past that, you have basically 0 implications regarding their authority whatsoever.
We are basically fed this kind of information at the very very end of this arc, instead of naturally make an introduction about them (of course, I don't expect to have a full rundown of what privileges each families have whatsoever, but at least more than just "powerful families").

The biggest issue with this episode is rather how blanche was absolutely not prepared at all. It is as if they were bunch of morons on a picnic considering how plain their stronghold was to begin with. No one was patrolling outside whatsoever. There wasn't any guard patrolling inside, and they were all packed in the same damn room, happily waiting to be whooped in a single go.
Meh. It's dumb they even had a stronghold at all. They're terrorists, they should be living with the general population pretending to be honest citizens. Or small time criminals at worst.
Old 2014-05-17, 15:24   Link #22
ellessarr
Banned

i following this serie and compared with the manga (i dont read the novel) my only complain is who indeed their are skiping some little things which indeed could make the things "look better" in this episode some little cutes could really make some of the characters reactions near the end more "plausible"

what i'm feel is lacking

tatsuya - he compared with the manga is "too friendly", in manga he also "friendly" but, he only show more "emotional" when is toward myuki, when come to the others around he act more cold than in anime, between episode 6 and 7 tatsuya have a dialog where he say who he "only care for the safe of myuki and he dont care for the others stundents during the troubles during the invasion, his priority is myuki(this make what the woman in the chair have more sense), basically manga and novel make the "complex" between them less one side(myuki) and more both side, tatsuya have a lot of inner monologues which where skipped about his sister and his devotion toward her(like i living only to her an things like that).

Spoiler for comparassion with manga:

to be pratical i feel like (even i dont liking it) is missing the "wincest" their are make the things too much one side and too soft manga and novel are a little moreoverused/obvious that things.

well for me this episode as a adaptation have a 7.5/10 the skip things really making some things looks out of place.
Old 2014-05-17, 15:26   Link #23
bakato

Quote:
That's the major issue with the anime adaptation: we barely learn anything from the ten master clans to the point they are your cookie cutter "powerful families" gimmick without much insight about that.
The only serious points about them was Katsuto's introduction and the mention of the Yotsuba. But past that, you have basically 0 implications regarding their authority whatsoever.
We are basically fed this kind of information at the very very end of this arc, instead of naturally make an introduction about them (of course, I don't expect to have a full rundown of what privileges each families have whatsoever, but at least more than just "powerful families").

The biggest issue with this episode is rather how blanche was absolutely not prepared at all. It is as if they were bunch of morons on a picnic considering how plain their stronghold was to begin with. No one was patrolling outside whatsoever. There wasn't any guard patrolling inside, and they were all packed in the same damn room, happily waiting to be whooped in a single go.
If you know the enemy is coming, there's really no point in patrols. If they scattered, then they would just be divided and conquered since there's no way to really beat magicians one-on-one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Meh. It's dumb they even had a stronghold at all. They're terrorists, they should be living with the general population pretending to be honest citizens. Or small time criminals at worst.
They need a place to store their ammunition and get together in a place that won't garner suspicion.
Old 2014-05-17, 15:36   Link #24
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
If you know the enemy is coming, there's really no point in patrols. If they scattered, then they would just be divided and conquered since there's no way to really beat magicians one-on-one.
The most important point when it comes to battle is information. "Know thine enemy" you know?
The fact they shelter themselves in this fashion is awkward as hell: they have no way to assess how many magicians are coming at them, nor -when-, and there is little to no way for them to ambush in this fashion (even if Tatsuya has the ability to render ambush useless).

The terrorists were basically making themselves sitting ducks because they are packed in the same perimeter, which is moronic at best.
You need platoons to effectively avoid major loss from a single massive attack. Several groups with effective perimeter and communication network would allow support and possibility of two pronged attacks.

Really, a single conventional grenade or a bombard spell would have been enough to wipe all of them without any possible retaliation. In fact, Tatsuya showing up like that was ludicrous in my book. It would have been far more pragmatic and effective to have Miyuki launching an AOE spell from afar, especially he could asses how many terrorists were camping and the distance between them.
Old 2014-05-17, 15:36   Link #25
Irisiel

Please tell me that I wasn't the only one bored with the action? I mean, I facepalmed when the bad guys just stepped aside to allow Tatsuya walk through, despite that they're supposed to truly believe in their cause (or be professionals working for certain governments), and at least try to buy time for their boss to escape. At first, I thought that maybe, just maybe, they didn't have any close-range fighting training or weapons. Then that one guy pulled out his knife.

Seriously, when knife-guy was frozen, the others should have pulled out their knives and targeted the immediate threat (Miyuki) en masse from every direction. But they didn't. They just stood there and stared in awe.

And what does Miyuki do, when faced with a bunch of unarmed nincompoops whose only offense is having their firearms disassembled in their hands and staring in awe at the siblings? She activates a fucking wide-area kill spell (from what I can tell from her reactions) on them. (And of course [from what I think that after-battle scene seems to be saying] we get a hint that the only reason why they survived is because Tatsuya put a limiter on her casting-aid-thingie when casting the kill spell, without Miyuki's permission/awareness, and Miyuki is SO GRATEFUL for that, because she had No Other Option but to cast that kill spell despite being top of her Blooming class).

Yeah. And I wont even go into Tatsuya is so speshul that even the macguffinite created for this story especially to beat mages, wont work on him.

And that's not even going into how horribly stupid any opponent of Tatsuya's side was (especially since if someone interrupted that Panzer spell with their macguffinite [I hope that it would at least work on non-Tatsuya mages] just before the students hit the fence, they would have gone splat and the terrorists would have been safe. Instead, no one is even out checking to see for any enemies/random hikers passing by).

Please tell me that next arc (which I hear is supposed to be better) is all about Tatsuya/Suzaku UST?
Old 2014-05-17, 16:00   Link #26
guestuser

Quote:
The most important point when it comes to battle is information. "Know thine enemy" you know?
The fact they shelter themselves in this fashion is awkward as hell: they have no way to assess how many magicians are coming at them, nor -when-, and there is little to no way for them to ambush in this fashion (even if Tatsuya has the ability to render ambush useless).

The terrorists were basically making themselves sitting ducks because they are packed in the same perimeter, which is moronic at best.
You need platoons to effectively avoid major loss from a single massive attack. Several groups with effective perimeter and communication network would allow support and possibility of two pronged attacks.

Really, a single conventional grenade or a bombard spell would have been enough to wipe all of them without any possible retaliation. In fact, Tatsuya showing up like that was ludicrous in my book. It would have been far more pragmatic and effective to have Miyuki launching an AOE spell from afar, especially he could asses how many terrorists were camping and the distance between them.
the thing is they did not know they were anyone coming with them i mean how they suppose to know there were other when all of there men were capture in the school and they launch a attack right after the terrorist so they did not get the information properly and they thought they were normal high school student because no one know of tatsuya power other than cast jamming and martial arts with the episode shown oh no one saw tatsuya magic other than mibu which switch sides and the terrorist was capture so they only knew that there plan failed and nothing else and there were no one that reported back so they all though they were just high school student so i mean do u think a normal magic high school student would be able to withstand guns and antinate and the reason why miyuki did not sent a AOE spell is because she must be able to see her target because not everyone have tatsuya eyes with the episode shown other than tatsuya they have to be able to see there opponent to use magic on
Old 2014-05-17, 16:26   Link #27
guestuser

ok people please dont think international terrorist is suppose to be very powerful because they only rely on numbers and cheap trick that only work on normal human so u can just call them pathetic if u want but that is not gonna work on a magicians because they can outmatch and outgun them by themselves i mean one highly train magician even if they are still in school can defeat these people like tatsuya prove and dont get me wrong i am not saying anyone can do it or just because tatsuya the MC i mean they have to be an irregular(i dont mean main or support character) like u have saw in that last part after the credit masaki can do it to but it will be more bloody if he did it and even katsuto would be able to do it since u saw the president was worry about what tatsuya was going to do but after katsuto said he was going she relax and the last part of this episode when masaki was in the shower he said the terrorist would not have won anyway and felt sorry for them
Old 2014-05-17, 16:27   Link #28
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Tatsuya and Miyuki are enough for me. Highly enjoyable 7th episode.
Quote:
That's the major issue with the anime adaptation: we barely learn anything from the ten master clans to the point they are your cookie cutter "powerful families" gimmick without much insight about that....
Wasn't necessary/useful before the coming arc? We'll see how much info they introduce now, and how they do it. (I'm an anime-only viewer.)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2014-05-17, 16:32   Link #29
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Why are we even calling it a stronghold? From what I saw, that looked pretty much like an abandoned facility of some sort that some lowgrade terrorists occupied.

Quote:
This is where being an attentive viewer counts for a lot. Do you remember when Mibu broke into the announcement room a couple episodes ago? They were thinking about possible punishments and what not when Mayumi came in and dropped in the detail that the school decided to leave the matter in their hands. I believe it was Mari that gave a shocked reaction to it and the viewers should have too.

Why in the world would they let such a serious matter be handled by the students? The implication here is that Mayumi used her family's influence, which was already touched on in more detail by Tatsuya earlier to take control of the situation. It was the first major sign of what kind of influence even over the smallest matters the 10 masters clans have in this society. So no, you saying that there is zero implications of what kind of authority they have in this society is simply incorrect.

Quote:
I don't call stockpiling tons of antinite and weaponry as not being prepared. There's something strange about Tatsuya's powers in this episode that allowed him to use "magic" despite the cast-jamming. Any normal magician would have been killed by the combination of that and the weaponry they had on them.

Tatsuya is revealed here to be pretty OP. Like he proclaimed last episode, he wasn't coming there to do battle. He was going to eradicate them. At the end of this episode we were told he has some connection with a Major Kazama, aka military. We were also told by Miyuki that with his abilities and knowledge, he should be in a magical university already.

This is not some average joe who just happens to be attending magical high school. The fact that blanche was dismantled by him pretty much alone I think speaks more about Tatsuya's abilities than anything to do with Blanche's incompetence.

If you want to complain that Tatsuya is too strong or something, then that's a different discussion. But like I said, I wouldn't bother discussing him myself until the anime gets further along.
Old 2014-05-17, 16:45   Link #30
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisiel View Post
Please tell me that I wasn't the only one bored with the action? I mean, I facepalmed when the bad guys just stepped aside to allow Tatsuya walk through, despite that they're supposed to truly believe in their cause (or be professionals working for certain governments), and at least try to buy time for their boss to escape. At first, I thought that maybe, just maybe, they didn't have any close-range fighting training or weapons. Then that one guy pulled out his knife.

Seriously, when knife-guy was frozen, the others should have pulled out their knives and targeted the immediate threat (Miyuki) en masse from every direction. But they didn't. They just stood there and stared in awe.

And what does Miyuki do, when faced with a bunch of unarmed nincompoops whose only offense is having their firearms disassembled in their hands and staring in awe at the siblings? She activates a fucking wide-area kill spell (from what I can tell from her reactions) on them. (And of course [from what I think that after-battle scene seems to be saying] we get a hint that the only reason why they survived is because Tatsuya put a limiter on her casting-aid-thingie when casting the kill spell, without Miyuki's permission/awareness, and Miyuki is SO GRATEFUL for that, because she had No Other Option but to cast that kill spell despite being top of her Blooming class).

Yeah. And I wont even go into Tatsuya is so speshul that even the macguffinite created for this story especially to beat mages, wont work on him.

And that's not even going into how horribly stupid any opponent of Tatsuya's side was (especially since if someone interrupted that Panzer spell with their macguffinite [I hope that it would at least work on non-Tatsuya mages] just before the students hit the fence, they would have gone splat and the terrorists would have been safe. Instead, no one is even out checking to see for any enemies/random hikers passing by).

Please tell me that next arc (which I hear is supposed to be better) is all about Tatsuya/Suzaku UST?

-what cause? by now it is already clear they are either undead mind control or want to weak japan for great asian alliance not for equality

-about jamming not affecting him-> they explain it in novel but again they remove detail in anime

- if many people try to kill you than you have to fight back.
Miyuki instead of casting one spell at time against many people and give them time to attack her while she attack one person she just attack all of them at same time

-Miyuki powerful but as we saw she have zero control over her emotion
(so watch out not to get killed by mistake than again it's your fault for trying to kill her and her brother)

-they are wtf? how did our weapon break up?
it's not like there is magic like that... actually did he even cast anything?_?
and while they are still confusing tetsuya walk between them
of-curse one try to attack him and you know the reset of it

-You have tetsuya = you don't need to check

-anime remove a lot of small details of fast skip them but magician don't have any human right +and used as war tool so most mage from magican family already used to kill by the time they join high school
+
fist school is actually elite mage school
even weeds are consider as elite outside it
Old 2014-05-17, 16:52   Link #31
The Green One

It's not really that shocking that the terrorists got obliterated. They're horrifically outmatched against magicians, only having a crap load of machine guns or whatever those guns are called really gave them any sort of a chance. After the guns got destroyed they had no chance. Sure maybe they could of killed Miyuki if they dog piled her before she had time to react, but there was no guarantee they could reach her faster then she could cast, something she excels at.

Not to mention the sheer intimidation factor of facing such a powerful magician who just calmly strolls into their lair without any sort of unease at all and treats their boss like an absolute joke. The terrorists understandable fear in their situation robbed them of any real hope of fighting back and reduced this to a slaughter. I think most of the members who had the special rings were participating in the school raid, it was pretty obvious that only a few of them remaining at the base had them to use. They had no idea their location had been found and were unprepared to be invaded like they had been.
Old 2014-05-17, 16:52   Link #32
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestuser View Post
the thing is they did not know they were anyone coming with them
That's why it doesn't make sense at all they were camping like bunch of idiots in a facility like that.
They have no actual assessment on their opponents, and their initial assault on the school failed, despite they had people who infiltrated there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestuser View Post
ok people please dont think international terrorist is suppose to be very powerful because they only rely on numbers and cheap trick that only work on normal human so u can just call them pathetic if u want but that is not gonna work on a magicians because they can outmatch and outgun them by themselves
That's exactly why I couldn't take seriously blanche at all, because we were fed from the beginning magic is a major trump card when it comes to warfare and the likes.

Japanese branch of Blanche had sponsors, which was reflected by the fact they had antinite. Yet, they were plainly stupid in term of their layout, and were pretty much headless chickens from the get go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Why are we even calling it a stronghold? From what I saw, that looked pretty much like an abandoned facility of some sort that some lowgrade terrorists occupied.
Misuage of word.
Quote:
Why in the world would they let such a serious matter be handled by the students? The implication here is that Mayumi used her family's influence, which was already touched on in more detail by Tatsuya earlier to take control of the situation. It was the first major sign of what kind of influence even over the smallest matters the 10 masters clans have in this society. So no, you saying that there is zero implications of what kind of authority they have in this society is simply incorrect.
There is a blatant difference in term of holding a riot, and literally assaulting a terrorist organization, with actual authority to use lethal force in there.
There wasn't much violence when it came to defending the school grounds against Blanche initial attacks. However, the scale was completely different when it came to their assault there. Especially that Mayumi was handling course 2 students who were following blanche doctrine to a certain extent, so having her using her family influence to deal with the matter wasn't surprising, while sending mages against terrorists is a complete different beast.
Quote:
I don't call stockpiling tons of antinite and weaponry as not being prepared. There's something strange about Tatsuya's powers in this episode that allowed him to use "magic" despite the cast-jamming. Any normal magician would have been killed by the combination of that and the weaponry they had on them.
I never mentioned they weren't prepared in term of weaponry. What I stated is that they weren't prepared at all in term of defense and patrols.
There wasn't any guarantee there would only be mages in the lot, nor the possible intervention of an armed force, be it police or the army.

Hell, even if they knew only students would come at them, is it -really- normal to have 0 patrol whatsoever? How about using traps?
Antinite is sure handy, but it won't save them from physical interaction like rumbles dropping on their head. I don't expect antinite saving their asses if tatsuya and friends decided to bury them alive by destroying the building from outside.

There was simply nothing about appropriate surveillance and potential ambush/trap. They were just waiting like bunch of mobs. If they were petty terrorist, I wouldn't bat an eye. But we are talking about an international terrorist group who should have a rough idea how powerful magicians can be. Relying only on antinite was just stupid, hence my complaint.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2014-05-18 at 16:02. Reason: typo
Old 2014-05-17, 16:59   Link #33
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:

No, you're not alone- I feel very similarly. That's what I mean when I say I was pretty much bored to tears. I just couldn't be bothered enough to type it that out, but you are spot on.
Only thing I'd add is those absurd dialogues. It all sounds like first time fanfic-y waffling to me
All I can say is, if the next arc is even remotely like this one, I'm done. No amount of Suzaku expy can make up for all of the above
Old 2014-05-17, 17:00   Link #34
The Green One

There's also the fact that Blanche themselves could of been pawns being used by greater powers. Their equipment and gear were supplied by patrons, and one of the greater powers in the world was even specifically name dropped. What if they are the ones pulling the strings using Blanche for their own agenda. Considering Blanche's personal incompetence I'd say that supports the theory that they are pawns instead of the major players they pretend to be.
Old 2014-05-17, 17:09   Link #35
guestuser

Quote:
Hell, even if they knew only students would come at them, is it -really- normal to have 0 patrol whatsoever? How about using mines and traps?
What about physical interactions such like using magic to make rumbles smashing them? I don't expect antinite saving their asses if tatsuya and friends decided to bury them alive by destroying the building from outside.

There was simply nothing about appropriate surveillance and potential ambush/trap. They were just waiting like bunch of mobs. If they were petty terrorist, I wouldn't bat an eye. But we are talking about an international terrorist group who should have a rough idea how powerful magicians can be. Relying only on antinite was just stupid, hence my complaint.
no i think u getting it wrong here is that they know how powerful magicians are but that only goes for official magicians not high school student because u saw in episode 6 when they when mele tactic they kick the student ass and high school magicians only began training in magic so they are not very strong and they did not know of tatsuya powers or his background and they did not set a trap because they properly did not occupies that area very long and that was just branch of blanche not the official one with a young leader that is very inexperience that only know how to use brainwashing magic
Old 2014-05-17, 17:11   Link #36
Awrya
U mad?

Villains were so bad.
Plan A failed because Tatsuya could deal with the hypnosis magic.
No problem with that part, because Tsukasa Hajime had insufficient information about Tatsuya's abilities. Normally you'd have Plan B as backup in case Plan A fails, Tsukasa's Plan B was to run away screaming?
They regroup and try an improvised Plan C, which was to use Antinite's Cast Jamming to seal magic. During the attack on First High it's already known that the enemy possesses Antinite and is capable of using Cast Jamming and the Shiba siblings boldly entered from the front. You'd assume they came prepared and already had counter-measures for Cast Jamming, but again Tsukasa screams when Tatsuya 'suddenly' deals with Cast Jamming like it's nothing.

Kirihara's scenes were decent, but somehow it looked like a mix between Star Wars (light saber) and Naruto.
Juumonji doing his best Gandalf impression of "You shall not pass!"?

The ending was quite something.
Kuurugi Suzaku finally makes an appearance, they should have mentioned that Mahouka was a sequel to Code Geass!
Even a shower scene with naked upper body, all he needs is a fish to pleasure himself with, but a big minus because Sakurai Takahiro is not Masaki's voice actor.
Masaki doing some magic training involving balloons filled with red paint (why red paint and not water?).
I pity the cleaner who works in 3rd High and has to work after Masaki finished training.
Old 2014-05-17, 17:11   Link #37
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:

They were obviously scared though. You're assuming these guys are well trained terrorists when they're probably just some punks with guns.

Quote:
She was pissed off. I don't find it an odd reaction, considering what they did.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2014-05-17, 17:13   Link #38
pampz21
ShipCore

am I the only one who appreciate the fluidity of the character's expressions?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-05-17, 17:14   Link #39
kagato3

Quote:

I'd chaulk it up to both over confidence in the evil eye and cast jamming with a side of not expecting Tatsuya's gun fall apart spell. Magic doesn't work in areas with cast jamming as seen durring the kendo brawl and Tatsuya's ablity to interpret activation sequences is something that is supposed to be near impossible.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2014-05-17, 17:29   Link #40
Irisiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
They were obviously scared though. You're assuming these guys are well trained terrorists when they're probably just some punks with guns.

She was pissed off. I don't find it an odd reaction, considering what they did.
If they're hypnotized, then I sure hope whomever hypnotized them had the foresight to think about actual combat (and thus lessen the impact of fear on their psyche, there are even self-hypno stuff to deal with that IRL).

If they're not, I hope that they realized the risk of ever entering combat, and had some form of prep for it. Even then, when scared, we ask ourselves "Fight or flight?" while waiting to see what our group members want to do (bystander/group mentality).

Knife-guy choose "fight". Ergo, at least a few others, if they were scared to the point of inaction, should have as well by following his lead.

But leaving that and going onto Miyuki: She already froze knife-guy. The others were polite enough to step aside for ~*♥Onii-sama♥*~ and did nothing afterward. Her reaction? Kill 'em all!

That's... Effed up. Had they shown any inclination of making a move after she froze knife-guy, yes, it is better to go for the kill rather than be killed, but they didn't, and she cast a spell to kill anyway. Could she at least have trapped them in an ice-box or something instead? Why miss out on potential interrogation subjects? Being able to learn more about any potential future threats?
Closed Thread