AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 3 5.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 8.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 20.34%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 16.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 22.03%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 13.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.39%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 6.78%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-02-06, 07:00   Link #21
shitashii

again with the earthquakes maybe it'll have something to with the next arc or something
shitashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 07:22   Link #22
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Saw (most of) the ending coming from a mile away. I'm glad it wasn't played for laughs. This was a very enjoyable episode.

I think Kuroko doesn't teleport inside of her room because using powers inside the dorms is prohibited. If she doesn't physically go into her room, and yet appears there, then she'll be punished for using her powers instead of being late. A better question is why can't she learn to be on time? You'd think a level 4 would have a little more discipline. Maybe that's why she's not a level 5 . . .
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 08:17   Link #23
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

This episode was quite hilarious .

Now it's Dormitory Supervisor's turn .

4:30 did i saw child carrying the pizzas specially the lil girl ? lol?

What a coincidence to meet Saten and Uiharu yeah ..

Well , the Supervisor was moe no?

But the end killed all .............

Seriously wtf ...

Next episode : Maid Powaaaaa ! So , they decided to cosplay Misaka and Cie for this show .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 10:06   Link #24
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
Now I kinda pity the girls in the dorm. The next month or two is going to be hell for them.
Kuroko was damn lucky Dorm Manager didn't catch her with Touma. I'm sure there would've have been a misunderstanding. Plus the fact she couldn't get a man Dorm Manager would've been ticked off for Kuroko bringing a guy over.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 10:22   Link #25
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Kuroko so violent to Uiharu

I liked this episode over the last one.
Old 2010-02-06, 11:19   Link #26
Roardel

No powers entire episode. Still it's enjoyable.
I think because the scenario is well made.
Roardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 12:22   Link #27
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
Kuroko so violent to Uiharu

I liked this episode over the last one.
Why do you suppose Uiharu said she would have revenge and do this and that for her suffering if Level Upper was true?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 14:54   Link #28
RedWing

This was beyond boring. Does this show want to annoy its viewers? First few eps, rubbish then it gets better so they then decide to put it back to the trash.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 15:05   Link #29
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

How much more of this crap do we have to put up with? -_-'
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 15:12   Link #30
Raiga
tl;dr

I dunno, I liked it. I mean, I will be disappointed if there's no big story arc to wrap up the series, especially considering all the foreshadowing, but I don't mind the character antics in the meantime. Plus, this episode made me laugh quite a lot. Poor dorm supervisor...
Old 2010-02-06, 17:33   Link #31
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
So...are Child Errors just what they call orphaned kids?
And those whose parents have abandoned them. [Enrolled them in one of the boarding schools and taken off without leaving a contact address, this is apparently surprisingly common at Academy City.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
But why does Kuroko need to brake the dorm rules by beeing late, when she can just teleport into her room without any1 noticing...
Because her and Mikoto's room is too far inside the building for her range. She has to be inside the lobby at the lift doors before she is close enough.

Evidence is the Dorm Mistress knows this and lies in wait when she knows Kuroko has skipped curfew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
A better question is why can't she learn to be on time? You'd think a level 4 would have a little more discipline.
In the Manga and novels, she's always had a reasonably good reason, Visiting Saten in hospital after the Level Upper fight and Judgement paperwork mostly.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 20:02   Link #32
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I feel kinda sad for the (yet unnamed unfortunately) dormitory manager for being a bridge for the love affair between her colleague Daigo-sensei and Kazuko-san. It hurts a lot when you don't know that you're helping the one you like propose to someone else, isn't it?

I'll give this a 10/10, and KHoldStare certainly posted my point of view regarding these so-called fillers.

BTW, has anyone noticed that Daigo-sensei looks like Yuusaku Kitamura and the dormitory manager has a similar hairstyle with Sumire Kanou? (both are from Toradora! btw)
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2010-02-06 at 20:20.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 20:29   Link #33
AlitY

Pretty average episode nothing special but I enjoyed it none the less it's quite refreshing to se the girls up to more carefree adventures between arcs. Next episode looks good though or at least pleasing to the eyes with kuroko in a maid outfit.
AlitY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 21:33   Link #34
AlaAlba

the question is... to drop or not to drop this show.

seriously, no more of these useless episodes please GJ. next is no better I guess >_>
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 01:17   Link #35
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Wow... Placement advertising much?

But more on subject, good episode. However, I wish a real storyline would emerge once again....

7/10
Old 2010-02-07, 01:25   Link #36
DarknessLord

Ugh, I don't mind filler but, I spent the whole time thinking that this was a waste of an episode, there had to be something more interesting to do then the dorm supervisor in a run of the mill, "I'm actually kinda nice when I think the guy is in love with me but he is really in love with someone else" plot.
Pizza Hut was the best part of the episode, at least it made me laugh, Misaka playing with the kids was cute too if not lacking in animation quality.
DarknessLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 02:22   Link #37
velvet nightmare

the episode was a bit too cookie cutter for my tastes, but hey, we get to see another side of the dorm manager

what other characters are left to explore? so far we have konori, the 2 anti skill teachers, dorm supervisor.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 02:36   Link #38
Eater of All
NOM

Pretty decent episode, better than the last at any rate. It's better to just enjoy these fillers as is (which'll allow the final arc to tie the myriad of hints back together like Level Upper did) rather than expect plot-heavy episodes and get disappointed everytime. J.C. Staff probably only have resources for one more intense arc, and it most definitely won't be starting this soon.

You know, now that I think about it, this whole Railgun season seems to revolve around the Child Errors. They were the cause for the Level Upper, and presumably they'll also play a central role in the next arc too. I wonder if the CEs were expanded on in the novels this much.
Old 2010-02-07, 02:40   Link #39
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

My guess would be that next episode will be a meido fanservice episode + some bits and pieces of foreshadowing. Then, we might get to the following details:

> District 10 Academies (from Zassou Academy in Episode 17)
> The cause of the tremors (from 17 and 18)
> Connections with Harumi-sensei and Child Errors
> "Misplaced technology" (from Episodes 15-16)
> The Margery Daw look-alike (from Episode 12)

Now, who says these fillers are useless?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 03:11   Link #40
Minagi Mikoto

Actually I like this episode very much. Don't forget that Railgun is a side story for Index series, so character development is the best thing. I liked the dorm supervisor very much and I felt pity for her at the end. What can I say about that teacher?!
"What do you think about someone like me marrying someone older than himself?"
What this sentence can probably mean?!
Overall 8/10!
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote