AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 6 6.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 15.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 19.10%
7 out of 10 : Good 31 34.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 10.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 5.62%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.25%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.25%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-16, 20:50   Link #21
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Judging by the trend we are seeing, it seems JC is buying time for the manga to get its heavyweight chapters out before hitting the hard stuff.

So in a sense, I can feel for why the producers decided to go for fillers to start with. Once they hit the later manga chapters, it should work out.
Old 2009-10-16, 20:58   Link #22
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Judging by the trend we are seeing, it seems JC is buying time for the manga to get its heavyweight chapters out before hitting the hard stuff.

So in a sense, I can feel for why the producers decided to go for fillers to start with. Once they hit the later manga chapters, it should work out.
It is not completely true. One heavyweight arc is already over, so your argment does not make any sense as these fillers would still look better after the first arc when/if they wold need to buy the time until the second one is over.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 21:17   Link #23
Xacual

I still think its likely that this will be only the one story arc and they are just doing these "fillers" with hints to the arc to make sure they end with that arc.

Edit: I only said fillers because other people had referred to them as such. I don't mind them at all.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2009-10-17 at 01:24.
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 21:30   Link #24
kittybear

Spoiler for :
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 22:17   Link #25
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I still think its likely that this will be only the one story arc and they are just doing these fillers with hints to the arc to make sure they end with that arc.
You say filler, but the manga had foretelling too, similar to this episode, except it was more serious. They could have simply used the same "development", but changed the characters involved, so it is possible that it isn't a, as some say *laugh* a "wasted" episode. And depending on where they want to stop, they could just be taking their time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybear View Post
Spoiler for :
Because it wasn't.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 23:02   Link #26
Dart

From what they (Uiharu, Misaka, Kuroko) were saying during this episode, it looks like they're building up to the
Spoiler:

From this episode:
Spoiler:

What do we know from the storyline that can do something like that?

Last edited by Dart; 2009-10-16 at 23:25. Reason: Added the first spoiler block, on advice of following poster.
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 23:16   Link #27
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

You shouldn't really say that... since it is quite obivous it is related to that arc.
JaLooNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 23:25   Link #28
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

@Dart

Take away the name of the incident. Because the name makes it so obvious...

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-10-16, 23:50   Link #29
Fandal

Spoiler:
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 23:55   Link #30
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Another filler episode. But it was still a good episode.

But b4 i start, i surprise nobody realizes that this week "villain" is voiced by Rie Kugiyama! Yes the Queen of Tsundere is voicing an extra! Well this is JC Staff anime so i shouldn't be surprise that she has part in this anime.

Spoiler for ep 3:
Old 2009-10-16, 23:56   Link #31
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I don't care what anyone else says.

There is no need for a filler like this. Get on with some actual plot. The interactions of the girls are boring, and not inventive or refreshing in any manner.

If you want a series for character interaction, lets go watch something like Bakomonogatari instead of this crap.

I repeat, THIS IS NOT a slice of life anime.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 00:22   Link #32
HandofFate

i don't get why flowerhead girl is in Judgement.
She doesn't seem to have any worthy abilities at all to be in that group.

edit: oh I see, so she's good with computers
Old 2009-10-17, 00:28   Link #33
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I repeat, THIS IS NOT a slice of life anime.
It seems it is though, by the way it has been and assuming you are saying that the anime is not the way it is supposed to be.

Old 2009-10-17, 00:32   Link #34
Primary Consult

At least it wasn't yuri fanservice, and thus the crowd whining about that is silenced...
The actual "crime" was, honestly, completely lame (especially after the build-up). But the rest of it was actually quite fun to watch. 7.
Pros:
-More academy city dynamics / geography (there's stuff to do there, like an actual city!)
-That weather thing was neat
-More about Judgment and how stuff works
-Uiharu doing her thing
-Saten in Tokiwadai uniform, Uiharu jealous
Elaborating on stuff like that is what makes filler good, rather than of pointless...
Cons:
-Lame crime for someone with such an interesting power
-No main plot yet
-The lack of males in this show is starting to get to me

As for what everyone says is a 'hint', I haven't read the manga at all and I immediately thought "this is a hint" when they said it... glad to see my instincts are right.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 01:06   Link #35
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

These are middle school kids. Sure there's one who seems several tens her age in perversity () but the rest might just be little girls growing up. Using her skill to prank others is a way of venting frustration in a childish way and yet is not a very "bad" crime by a child's definition. So I accept that.

Rie fits the role even more.

As someone pointed out, Level Upper may well be the only hard arc (or 2) of Railgun, so starting light and laughtery is just a tactic to drag out time, pander to more simplistic fans (which I assume are the majority that buys DVDs in Japan) at the same time build the world, slowly so that we still have LU to play with.

Now to actually watch the episode and give better comments...
Old 2009-10-17, 01:09   Link #36
the_firefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
this week "villain" is voiced by Rie Kugiyama!
I thought that was Yukari Tamura?
the_firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 01:09   Link #37
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

^@MeisterBabylon

Why doesn't anyone realize they shouldn't say the name of something that hasn't appeared yet and gives a lot away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
-The lack of males in this show is starting to get to me
Well, the school is only-girls...

Old 2009-10-17, 03:43   Link #38
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It seems it is though, by the way it has been and assuming you are saying that the anime is not the way it is supposed to be.
The setting in no way reflects a typical slice of life anime in any fashion. Imagine if we took the world of Lord of the Rings, but then decided it be better to make a book about Hobbits getting drunk and having fun in the Shire.

If you are willing to watch that sort of stuff, go ahead. But as for me, I will criticize it.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 03:50   Link #39
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So an alright episode and does hint at something bigger going on. Considering that recent system scan the girl would have had to bring her level up between and when she started committing the crimes. Not exactly a huge amount of time to work her way up.

Honestly it's the girl's head not her eyebrows that are messed up . I mean if she has a grudge it'd make more sense to go after the guy and the girl rather than some people who happen to go to the school. Guess they are just lucky no one got seriously hurt. Could have been dangerous with people falling unconscious and possibly hitting their heads off objects and then the ground. Think the stupid eyebrow thing would be the least of their worries.

I like Saten's character so don't mind some focus on her. Though overall the episode wasn't anything amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Well, the school is only-girls...
True but that shouldn't really exclude guys from being in the series. I'm pretty sure Judgment isn't female only organization.

Anyways out of the three episodes this is the only one that hasn't shown any guys at all. There were the thugs from the first episode and Touma for a bit in the second. Considering this one was focused around an area that seemed girl only it's no shock there weren't any guys around. Same for the second once it went into a girl's dorm.

Though really it's safe to say the show will be focusing on those 4 girls. The only male presence I'd expect would be thugs, criminals, and probably Touma.
Old 2009-10-17, 04:10   Link #40
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
True but that shouldn't really exclude guys from being in the series. I'm pretty sure Judgment isn't female only organization.

Anyways out of the three episodes this is the only one that hasn't shown any guys at all. There were the thugs from the first episode and Touma for a bit in the second. Considering this one was focused around an area that seemed girl only it's no shock there weren't any guys around. Same for the second once it went into a girl's dorm.

Though really it's safe to say the show will be focusing on those 4 girls. The only male presence I'd expect would be thugs, criminals, and probably Touma.
The guy pestering Biri-biri hasn't shown up yet in the manga either. Though this being Biri-biri's side of the story we'll probably see him sooner or later. If those chapters catch up and reduce the necessary filler.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote