4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.86%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.86%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-14, 18:31   Link #21
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

What was that? People were able to perform a 50m sprint faster than Annie could bite her finger? Really? For some reason Annie's trick with the ring reminded me of the "Just as Planned" scene from Death Note, where Light used a trick with his watch. The laugh was similar as well, lolz
Old 2013-09-14, 18:40   Link #22
erika4dsl

Good thing Mikasa got Eren and Armin out of there in time, her reflexes are awesome.
erika4dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 18:53   Link #23
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well the ring certainly wasn't a surprise. You knew Annie was readying her way out of things went bad. I didn't quite expect it to be a complete trap to try and capture Annie, but glad they figured it out. I mean that combat skill and appearance just screamed Annie.

Good reaction time by Mikasa. Had to make the dive out of there in a hurry. Still they should have a decent chance to bring her down if they have Levi and the others ready to pounce. Though really their best bet to avoid casualties was to get her before she could transform.

But yeah...that Annie scene was pretty damn weird. I'm not sure really sure what word to attach to it really.
Old 2013-09-14, 19:01   Link #24
Flolan

This episode is just all about Annie x Armin right? Seriously!
Flolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 19:16   Link #25
Witch of Uncertainty

Mikasa is just sexy.
Attack on Titan is too good.
When it gets licensed, I'm buying it. No doubt.

DEN OUT OF DEN.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 19:16   Link #26
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flolan View Post
Lol, I thought the same thing X03! I have to do a double-take on the previous eps with their interactions, because none that I can remember really showed any romantic elements to them, or even a close-as-friends one. Unless Annie is simply attracted to introverted, physically weak, younger guys(well, "introverted" may be too harsh a word). Her face and her voice was pretty cute when she was laughing though =03.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 19:17   Link #27
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Nopers.

Anyway, it turns out Annie was the fem titan all along. I was thinking it was Ymir since she had the same name as the Norse frost giant.Oh wow was I wrong.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 19:18   Link #28
Gundamx

Strange....
Why I don't get Eren X Annie feeling from manga?

than again they already cut many of them for no reason...

maybe the director is Annie x Armin fan?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 19:20   Link #29
peskylemur25

Well good setup episode. And Anne laugh was scary.
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 19:24   Link #30
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Anyway, it turns out Annie was the fem titan all along. I was thinking it was Ymir since she had the same name as the Norse frost giant.Oh wow was I wrong.
then Eren really recognized Annie? ... when he said "A. .." before being swallowed by the female titan... ok ok
Old 2013-09-14, 19:31   Link #31
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Wow, those MPs sure are an annoying bunch. Here's to hoping Titan!Annie murders a couple dozen before getting herself captured or killed (fat chance of her simply walking out of the city, I think).

Annie's laugh was great, but her blushing face felt SO out of character...
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 19:33   Link #32
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Nopers.

How could you? Ymir was there during attack and she is not bonde with blue eyes

Anyway I just watched episode with subs and I still have no idea how to react to laughing Annie...

It looks so OOC! And different from how she was represented in manga that I just... and she is my fave character! Damn it! I can never look at her the same way now x_x

Apart from that... what I did like is how emotional and sad she sounded when talking to Armin. You didn't feel it that much in manga.

Regarding her scenes with Armin, episode 16 is pretty much the only time they interacted to be honest.

Annie/Eren moment should be in next episode so don't get disappointed about it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Wow, those MPs sure are an annoying bunch. Here's to hoping Titan!Annie murders a couple dozen before getting herself captured or killed (fat chance of her simply walking out of the city, I think).

Annie's laugh was great, but her blushing face felt SO out of character...
Yeh, same.

In all honesty, after that scene I would gladly join Survey Corps better. At least there I would only have to worry about Titans and not humans who could back stab you.
Old 2013-09-14, 19:33   Link #33
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I forgot to ask, was Eren/Armin trying to lure Annie into the underground path to save her from the Survey Corps' trap, or were they trying to prevent her from changing into a titan by entrapping her in an enclosed area?

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 19:41   Link #34
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I forgot to ask, was Eren/Armin trying to lure Annie into the underground path to save her from the Survey Corps' trap, or were they trying to prevent her from changing into a titan by entrapping her in an enclosed area?
It was a trap I think but there own personal experience with her might had cause some doubt. Next week should explore there reaction to Anne being who she is.
Old 2013-09-14, 19:42   Link #35
Jerseykid

I didn't think it was Annie because I didn't think she would be able to get back before the rest of the survey corp.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 19:48   Link #36
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
I didn't think it was Annie because I didn't think she would be able to get back before the rest of the survey corp.
Well she one person trying to sneak home while the scouting legion had injury people to sent to the hospital, horse to feed, paperwork to fill out and break time for those alive with family who are close to go see them. (Like the family of Levi squad were expecting them home for dinner) so yeah I think she had more time to get back while the other had to wait for order and other red tape stuff. But I bet it was close call.
Old 2013-09-14, 19:48   Link #37
zalem

Meh, I still prefer Annie X Eren to Annie X Armin. I just can't see Armin with anyone. But anyway, things should be fun next episode.

Though has it been confirmed that we are getting a season 2? Cause obviously they can't do anything more than finish up the Female Titan arc in this season.
Old 2013-09-14, 19:52   Link #38
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Meh, I still prefer Annie X Eren to Annie X Armin. I just can't see Armin with anyone. But anyway, things should be fun next episode.

Though has it been confirmed that we are getting a season 2? Cause obviously they can't do anything more than finish up the Female Titan arc in this season.
Nope haven't heard season 2 news yet and I doubt it be soon . the anime will go through 33 chapters and right now the manga at chapter 49. So I bet it be a year until season 2 or the manga switch to a weekly release but sadly the author is really slow at drawing .
Old 2013-09-14, 19:59   Link #39
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Good episode, I liked the extended part with the Military Police showing even more evidences of how rotten it is down to the core...however there was one scene that annoyed me like no other...Annie blushing and laughing like a maniac.

Why did they make her laugh like that!? Why would they do that!? I don't get it...
I'm usually ok with most of the changes in the anime but for them to do something like this just made me bash my head against the desk...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 20:00   Link #40
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
How could you? Ymir was there during attack and she is not bonde with blue eyes
This is how:
Quote:
since she had the same name as the Norse frost giant.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the reveal