AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

View Poll Results: Kaname vs. Tessa
Kaname 472 57.07%
Tessa 355 42.93%
Voters: 827. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-21, 15:19   Link #21
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Irrelevant.

MAO FOREVER!!!
Old 2005-12-21, 17:56   Link #22
PersocomChi
The 1000th Summer ~

Send a message via AIM to PersocomChi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Irrelevant.

MAO FOREVER!!!
lol.

I think in season 4 and on wards... unless someone gives up or dies.. Sousuke can't pick either one of them because the other one will be sad. And you know sousuke, he's a dumb*ss who doesnt know how to comfort girls I hope he picks Tessa! Tessa's mind is so childish IMO and yet she's the captian of the submarine, I like her personality that's why Tessa is better! XD Chidori is kinda... aggressive but its normal I guess since she's a girl and dont want people to know her soft side. BUT hitting sousuke with a baseball bat is kinda... ouch.
Old 2005-12-21, 18:06   Link #23
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersocomChi
lol.

I think in season 4 and on wards... unless someone gives up or dies.. Sousuke can't pick either one of them because the other one will be sad. And you know sousuke, he's a dumb*ss who doesnt know how to comfort girls I hope he picks Tessa! Tessa's mind is so childish IMO and yet she's the captian of the submarine, I like her personality that's why Tessa is better! XD Chidori is kinda... aggressive but its normal I guess since she's a girl and dont want people to know her soft side. BUT hitting sousuke with a baseball bat is kinda... ouch.
Um... well, if you remember Sousuke, he has the habit of stating the truth, no matter how horrible with his usual, cold, military style. And remember the poor girl in FMP Fumoffu first episode... I mean.. ouch... No girl would want to be rejected by HIM Plus, I DO think (without having read the manga), that apparently he goes for Kaname (check FMP TSR). Poor Tessa
Old 2005-12-21, 20:28   Link #24
PersocomChi
The 1000th Summer ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Um... well, if you remember Sousuke, he has the habit of stating the truth, no matter how horrible with his usual, cold, military style. And remember the poor girl in FMP Fumoffu first episode... I mean.. ouch... No girl would want to be rejected by HIM Plus, I DO think (without having read the manga), that apparently he goes for Kaname (check FMP TSR). Poor Tessa
I know that >.> but still Tessa-fans need to keep on supporting Tessa!
Old 2005-12-22, 00:30   Link #25
pachogamez
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersocomChi
I know that >.> but still Tessa-fans need to keep on supporting Tessa!

On the next novel, DVMC, Sousuke makes the decision at one point of the novel. Maybe you would like to read it.
Old 2005-12-22, 02:00   Link #26
full_metal_sousuke

Send a message via AIM to full_metal_sousuke
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachogamez
On the next novel, DVMC, Sousuke makes the decision at one point of the novel. Maybe you would like to read it.
tessa got rejected. hahaha. sucks to be her. i just dont like tessa. the only thing i like about tessa is that she is really short.
Old 2005-12-22, 02:44   Link #27
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
I kinda pity Tessa...IMO, she would win my vote, but relationship-wise, it isn't hard to see why and how she would lose out.
Old 2005-12-22, 04:45   Link #28
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
^Sorry but as cute as she is as an anime character she (Kaname) is a dime a dozen...First off i wouldn't call Fumoffu a debatable action series, secondly....A main girl character who gets mad at a main guy character so she slaps him around and calls him a baka all the time eventhough she likes him isn't very original...

From Naru in Love Hina (which has as much action as Fumoffu) to somebody like, hmmm, hell, Anna in Shaman King...Kaname is just another one of those characters...Atleast Tessa fights a bit against her archetype because she's a cute loli who actually is headstrong and doesn't want to be a damsel in distress...she's even conieving in her intentions towards Sousuke (To beat Ms. Chidori for his affections)...and didn't I mention the butt, it won't quit ...
This sums up nicely why I like Tessa over Kaname... with maybe less emphesis on the butt

Not that I dislike Kaname personally I just didnt click with her character, I just never really like the whole abusive mad girl type. I like Tessa because shes the damsel in distress fight with everything she has, where as Kaname is the tough girl whose.... well tough
Old 2005-12-22, 16:21   Link #29
Tabris

Tessa > Kaname in my opinion.

She's just so sweet and gentle. And there's a certain naive air about her which I also like. I can't be bothered to state anymore reasons because I'm tired. I might edit some more in later.
Old 2005-12-30, 04:21   Link #30
shadowWizz

Send a message via MSN to shadowWizz
This was a difficult poll to vote man... in the end my vote went to Tessa...

Reasons:
1. She's cool and level-headed when crisis struck. (as seem in FMP:TSR)

2.She can solve any type of problem...

3. She seemed to have earned the respect of all her men in the crew(which i think was a difficult task)

4. She's very straightforward in relationship matters (not like the leads in the show)

And last but not least, sorry that i have to mention this but...

SHE'S KAWAII

~ I’m always ready to learn, but I do not always like to be taught.~
Old 2006-01-03, 09:26   Link #31
YoureMyHiro
The One Hit Wonder

Send a message via AIM to YoureMyHiro
Its all about Kaname with the exception of her inability to convey her emotions peacefully.
Old 2006-01-03, 10:45   Link #32
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by full_metal_sousuke
tessa got rejected. hahaha. sucks to be her. i just dont like tessa. the only thing i like about tessa is that she is really short.
Prays hard the anime version will have tessa winning instead....

Virutually impossible... Unless Fukada takes over and tessa is more popular than kaname...
Old 2006-01-03, 16:30   Link #33
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Tessa.

As far as I'm concerned, violence is a turn off, so Kaname's out.
Old 2006-01-03, 21:19   Link #34
Slayjunkie
Impending Doom 2

Location: here in this room... that i sleepeth and roameth about in
wow violence is such a turn on for me... hmm who should i choose.. hmmm KANAME!!
now i'm not a huge fan of her but compared to the pathetic tessa, who's only good at bleeding through the nose (and look hideous) and taking everyone's elses advice what to do is just obnoxious. kaname literally kicks ass in tsr against the assasin... wait against the assasin, spy and even tessa's hottie brother she owned. kaname may not be the most articulate of the ladies but tessa has a way of being the bitch in the show (first encounter of kaname playing dumb) ugh i could go on but won't it's to obvious in my opinion.
Old 2006-01-03, 22:27   Link #35
PersocomChi
The 1000th Summer ~

I was thinking.. why don't sousuke just pick both of them ^^ that way everyone will be happy. I like Tessa more than Chidori but I also like some of Chidori's personality.. so I'm a mixed in the two.. but tessa more! >.<
Old 2006-01-04, 01:43   Link #36
kujoe
from head to heel

Why is it that fans usually think that Sousuke should pick both? Is it just because some fans feel sorry for the rejected one?

I'm sorry, but that's bound to happen even if Sousuke were to pick to Tessa, Raven, Mao or whoever--not that something like that is bound to happen anytime soon. I'm sure I'd feel disappointed too if he happened to pick Tessa, but I'd rather face that than be given the scenario of him picking both. Such a cop-out weakens the drama in my opinion--and the comedy for that matter.
Old 2006-01-05, 17:17   Link #37
MandyDi
Sousuke and Kaname....

I don't think Tessa and Kaname would be happy if Sousuke chose both of them lol....I know I wouldnt want to share my boyfriend! The only way Sousuke will chose "both" is if if they over use the "whsipered" mode and combine into one. I personally hope that wont happen and that he chooses one...

also: Raven? is that a character in the series?
Old 2006-01-05, 23:36   Link #38
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyDi
also: Raven? is that a character in the series?
Yeah, I was wondering about that too... I was supposed to say Wraith actually.
Old 2006-01-09, 08:28   Link #39
polar720

I CANNOT STAND TESSA. I watched this entire series just loathing her. She has that annoying weak voice and she`s all goody goody, ugh...my least favorite anime archetype. She falls in with Lacus as my two least favorite anime females of all time.
Old 2006-01-09, 15:35   Link #40
MandyDi
Sousuke and Kaname....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
Yeah, I was wondering about that too... I was supposed to say Wraith actually.
o ok lol. I was worried there was something obvious I totally missed.
Closed Thread