AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-19, 14:49   Link #21
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seravy
i don't know what you people were expecting, but hoping for romantic closure at the ending of this kind of series is like hoping for a random bolt of lighting to hit the chalk line X on that side walk at just the moment that your arch enemy is standing there: not likely gonna happen. the series had some focus on romantic relations; but the series definitely wasn't about romance, it was about comedy. and as far as funny endings goes, part 15 was a great way to go out.
Well yeah, most people were hoping for a romantic closure to the series. This episode presented the perfect opportunity for Sagara and Chidori to express their feelings for each other since they both thought they were going to die. I couldn't think of a better way to force both of them to tell each other how they feel than this episode.

I was at least hoping for..

Chidori: Sagari, since where both going to die i have to tell you how i feel.
Sagara: what are you saying?
Chidori: Souske, i love you..
Sagara:..., Chidori i think i love you too..

*romantic kiss* ^^

Is something like that too much to ask for? Its not like i wanted them to strip butt neked and have hot monkey sex for hours using all the Kama-sutra positions or anything *even though that would have been nice*.

The episode itself was great. I was laughing my pants off. I'm just disspointed that its how the series ended.

Those damn writers are not making it easy for us to see Sagara and Chidori together, and they better make a season 2 (or 3 whichever way you look at it* because ending FMP! like this is just too cruel *sobs*
Old 2003-11-19, 15:07   Link #22
eternalblight
Inactive Member

i just had to say my opinion on this.

FMP/F is one of my fav anime series. From the way series 1 ended, series 2 has done pritty much the same. Leaving it open for further development. i know most peeps wanted Chidori and Sagara to hook up, but it would have ended the chances of a third series. dont get me wrong, if it did happen, it would have made the best ending for the series. i think theres more and the best is yet to come.

come on 3rd series.

eternalblight

thanks to the fansub groups for bringing another release, keepup the good work
Old 2003-11-19, 15:42   Link #23
Chiyo's Father
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson

*romantic kiss* ^^

The episode itself was great. I was laughing my pants off. I'm just disspointed that its how the series ended.
I don't know... I like the series' end the way it is right now. Remember, this -is- a side-story spinoff, and a comedy one at that- there would be no good reason for them to add a 'I wuv j00' at the end.

I -did- like how they brought out the side characters near the end.
Old 2003-11-19, 16:10   Link #24
Lonewulf
Kuya

Send a message via AIM to Lonewulf
I'm mad that the series is over. It felt sooooo.....not over. They really need to make that FMP3 and soon (hopefully if there is gonna be one...if not, im gonna be even madder! I'l make em Fumo Fumo!)
Old 2003-11-19, 17:57   Link #25
gambit13
'...the ragin' cajun...'

Smile

The ending was kinda ok but if u accidently watched it in the middle of the series , u really wouldnt notice the difference.In a way if they were plannin to finish the series like this its a dissappointment.If they plan to continue too, well it should have ended with Souske being recalled and next season begining with Souske not heard from for many years and shows up in college protectin another girl in the same class as Chidori..hehe aint that sinister...i feel so evil!Well its an idea.

Last edited by gambit13; 2003-11-19 at 18:07.
Old 2003-11-19, 18:16   Link #26
evilneko

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Well, let us hope that what I've seen in the other forum about Full Metal Panic series 3 is true....
which forum?
Old 2003-11-19, 18:17   Link #27
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

Quote:
Well yeah, most people were hoping for a romantic closure to the series. This episode presented the perfect opportunity for Sagara and Chidori to express their feelings for each other since they both thought they were going to die. I couldn't think of a better way to force both of them to tell each other how they feel than this episode.

*romantic kiss* ^^

Is something like that too much to ask for?
Yes, it would be asking too much. Setting aside the fact that it would pretty much change everything, the story is still on-going in the manga version; and I doubt they've even gotten to this stage in it yet (--I'll say that with confidence despite the fact that I haven't read past volume 2 of the 6 volumes I know to be available) so you really can't expect the anime to just go out on it's own volition and make up stuff.

Those of you romantically deprived should maybe check out some other series (KgNE comes to mind).
Old 2003-11-19, 18:56   Link #28
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Does anyone know how popular this series was in Japan, if it was their is hope of a new season of either the continuation of fumoffu or of the first season. Whichever one wouldn't matter to me I just want more.
Old 2003-11-19, 19:01   Link #29
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seravy
Yes, it would be asking too much. Setting aside the fact that it would pretty much change everything, the story is still on-going in the manga version; and I doubt they've even gotten to this stage in it yet (--I'll say that with confidence despite the fact that I haven't read past volume 2 of the 6 volumes I know to be available) so you really can't expect the anime to just go out on it's own volition and make up stuff.

Those of you romantically deprived should maybe check out some other series (KgNE comes to mind).

Well they don't have to make up anything since the manga was based on the novels so they can follow that. and half of the first series was made up of things thats not even in the novels so i don't see the big deal.
Old 2003-11-19, 20:11   Link #30
eMpTy265
<unranked>

heh...

Sort of sad that even Fumoffu has to give off 'meaningless ecchi' at the end.

Still, it was really funny, especially how Chidori completely misunderstood Sousuke's intentions in the infirmary.

Hopefully there will be a sequel, though Fumoffu ending like this is tolerable.
Old 2003-11-19, 20:14   Link #31
Go-lytely

One thing I didnt understand when I watched the raw was why Sagara asked Chidori to take her clothes off. I thought I missed something but after watching it fansubbed I guess I didnt. Did he know what the bacteria was when he read the manual and decide to take Chidori to the nurses room to protect her from embarrassment? If so, was the phone call just a confirmation? Or did he not know before hand and was prepared to spend their last moments together. Based on Sagara's past behavior I dont think the latter option is likely. bbbbuuuttt... you never know.
Old 2003-11-19, 20:19   Link #32
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

maybe they decided to leave out Kaname's and Sagara special confessions/romantic kiss because they plan on using it for their next season of FMP. I wish
Old 2003-11-19, 20:31   Link #33
Zarxrax
Anime-Fansubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-lytely
One thing I didnt understand when I watched the raw was why Sagara asked Chidori to take her clothes off. I thought I missed something but after watching it fansubbed I guess I didnt. Did he know what the bacteria was when he read the manual and decide to take Chidori to the nurses room to protect her from embarrassment? If so, was the phone call just a confirmation? Or did he not know before hand and was prepared to spend their last moments together. Based on Sagara's past behavior I dont think the latter option is likely. bbbbuuuttt... you never know.
I didn't understand this part either, but I think this chat log clears it up pretty well:

<Sargeras> well, he knew, but wasn't sure til he got the call
<Sargeras> but she didn't know
<Sargeras> cause he was reading the manual for like 10 mins of the ep
<Zarxrax> but why would he have her take her clothes off?
<Zarxrax> so they wouldnt fall off?
<Zarxrax> that doesnt make sense
<Sargeras> so they woulnd't disintegrate
<Sargeras> bodyheat was the catalyst
Old 2003-11-19, 23:05   Link #34
Photonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit13
The ending was kinda ok but if u accidently watched it in the middle of the series , u really wouldnt notice the difference.In a way if they were plannin to finish the series like this its a dissappointment.If they plan to continue too, well it should have ended with Souske being recalled and next season begining with Souske not heard from for many years and shows up in college protectin another girl in the same class as Chidori..hehe aint that sinister...i feel so evil!Well its an idea.
They wouldn't have ended it like that because as someone said before, all of these episodes are just side story stuff. Most of these stoires were based on the stuff in the magna that FMP left out. I think people keep forgetting that these are just side stories from the actual series.
Old 2003-11-19, 23:31   Link #35
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonman
They wouldn't have ended it like that because as someone said before, all of these episodes are just side story stuff. Most of these stoires were based on the stuff in the magna that FMP left out. I think people keep forgetting that these are just side stories from the actual series.
There are 3 mangas.

Fmp! Fmp?F and FMP!2

So FMP?F isn't just "side stories" that the original FMP leftout...because clearly it's taking place AFTER the 1st series.
Old 2003-11-19, 23:45   Link #36
Maveric
Aimai 3 cm

Send a message via AIM to Maveric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
There are 3 mangas.

Fmp! Fmp?F and FMP!2

So FMP?F isn't just "side stories" that the original FMP leftout...because clearly it's taking place AFTER the 1st series.
Well, I did purchase the first volume of FMP!, and there are some parts that are clearly from the original series (Panty theif), and some that are in the second series (blowing up the shoebox). My guess is that there are stories from both of the completed mangas in Fumoffu (series)
Old 2003-11-20, 00:34   Link #37
Mizu Shinobi

Quote:

*romantic kiss* ^^

Is something like that too much to ask for? Its not like i wanted them to strip butt neked and have hot monkey sex for hours using all the Kama-sutra positions or anything *even though that would have been nice*.

Those damn writers are not making it easy for us to see Sagara and Chidori together, and they better make a season 2 (or 3 whichever way you look at it* because ending FMP! like this is just too cruel *sobs*
lol i agree hehehe but what do u expect it was made to be funny not entirely romatic second it was made by high skool students in japan so u can kinda understand the pervertedness of the ending lol they just wanted to end it with a bang lol. but i hope they make FMP 3 to finish the seires properly cause the way it ended was to... iono just not a good ending.
Old 2003-11-20, 01:38   Link #38
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Hold on, did you remember that nerd boy said he wanted to take some pictures before he die and walk off to get a camera....... nake girls, camera, nake girls, camera, nake school girls........ hehehe
<- if Mahoro were there
I got a hentai mind

Last edited by gummybear; 2003-11-20 at 02:10.
Old 2003-11-20, 04:36   Link #39
Mechazawa-kun

Question

Would anyone agree with me that the series would have ended better if Ep 14 was the last instead of 15?

I mean, I lowered my expectations for a satisfying ending for Fumoffu but I still ended up being disappointed.

Well at least it wasn't like my FMP! season one ending reaction:

"What the hell was that?!!? *gets up from chair and slams fist on table. I've been *&#$ing cheated!! Why must they do this to me? *sob "
Old 2003-11-20, 09:10   Link #40
evilneko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechazawa-kun
"What the hell was that?!!? *gets up from chair and slams fist on table. I've been *&#$ing cheated!! Why must they do this to me? *sob "
relax, it's not like you paid to watch it
Closed Thread