Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2013-11-08, 13:18   Link #21
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i think Ranger(frontiersman) makes better sense then Pirates for the US server.
But in a way, as a Bard you can also be a Ranger there, less sing, most sling. But Frontiersman is good idea.

I think Medium is kinda weird too, i think that Soothsayer would be a good idea (but that is tie into Fortune Teller/Oracle and that is a subclass)

Actually Swashbuckers is pirates but Swashbuckers is akin to more like Musketeers, Buccanneers (another good sub-class) and people like Zorro. They are heroic and very idealistic to their core but Pirates is not like that.

Last edited by Neki Ecko; 2013-11-08 at 13:21. Reason: Did some more digging
Neki Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 13:35   Link #22
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
What is the weapon for pirates, since i have seen them using swords, guns and many other types of weapons.
cutlass and rapiers.
Old 2013-11-08, 15:47   Link #23
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
More or less. Samurai is also considered a tank class.
A Two hander tank... Death Knights !

Quote:
cutlass and rapiers.
Which is strange... I guess my assumption was that whatever the original class was that the Samurai had replaced would be using a 2h-weapon as well.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 16:24   Link #24
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
A Two hander tank... Death Knights !

Which is strange... I guess my assumption was that whatever the original class was that the Samurai had replaced would be using a 2h-weapon as well.
just a guess on my part but pirate don't normally used 2h-weapons because either because the other hand has a gun or they need for things like swing form ropes.
Old 2013-11-08, 16:31   Link #25
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
just a guess on my part but pirate don't normally used 2h-weapons because either because the other hand has a gun or they need for things like swing form ropes.
I know, I mean that I had assumed that the class that the Samurai replaced would be one that uses a 2h weapon like it, but pirates clearly aren't 2h users.
Old 2013-11-08, 22:36   Link #26
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
But in a way, as a Bard you can also be a Ranger there, less sing, most sling. But Frontiersman is good idea.

I think Medium is kinda weird too, i think that Soothsayer would be a good idea (but that is tie into Fortune Teller/Oracle and that is a subclass)

Actually Swashbuckers is pirates but Swashbuckers is akin to more like Musketeers, Buccanneers (another good sub-class) and people like Zorro. They are heroic and very idealistic to their core but Pirates is not like that.
Best class for ranger would actually be bow-wielding Assassin. Their skill is closer to the usual Bow DPS type ranger than a Bow Support type that is Bard(Bard doesn't have weapon attack skill at all I think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Just ran through the class datasheets and noticed that Mamare has already mentioned what were the original classes (aka the ones in the US server) replaced by the Samurai and Kannagi in Japan: Pirate by Samurai, Medium by Kannagi.
Hmmm... are pirates have some kind of history significance in the US? Because personally I think pirates class would be better suited for European server. For Chinese server, I would think the class General would be a good replacement for Samurai due to the similar historical significance between the two in China and Japan
Old 2013-11-09, 00:52   Link #27
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Thanks for the input guys.

Do we know anything about Feudal Lords? Sounds like guys who can own land, build towns, attract NPCs and basically act like the medieval equivalent of EVE starbases.
Old 2013-11-09, 01:43   Link #28
Xacual

I've assumed Feudal Lord is a Lander only subclass, like Princess of the Rose Garden.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 02:10   Link #29
darksassin
Is this dangerous??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

True, but the sprinkler build relies on a very, very specific item/skill build that shouldn't even exist to begin with. And since it is literally a one-trick pony, its also very easy to counter.

Healers being able to deal damage if they spec for it is nothing new. That's called being a hybrid. It's a bit of a balancing game, less healing for more damage, or more healing for less damage.
Depends really on the situation, and how much compromise an Enchanter has to do to do this build(mainly how many support skill he or she lost) If it isnt that many, meaning The Enchanter didnt lose too many support skill,Sprinkler enchanter usually can be very valuable in PvE, since it is said that properly build sprinkler Enchanter can outdps most sorcerers(can attack for longer time too), while still can provide slightly better support.So Sprinkler Enchanter might be able to become secondary magic damage dealer when he isnt needed for support(This is on assumption that the build doesnt sacrifice many support skill). For PvP though, the sprinkler Enchanter probably would suffer even more than other build since, as you say it, Sprinkler build is basically one-trick pony
Old 2013-11-09, 02:25   Link #30
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Landers are NPC? So some subclasses only exist for NPCs?
Old 2013-11-09, 03:04   Link #31
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Best class for ranger would actually be bow-wielding Assassin. Their skill is closer to the usual Bow DPS type ranger than a Bow Support type that is Bard(Bard doesn't have weapon attack skill at all I think)
I have a question- What's the difference between the role of a Bard and the role of an Enchanter? Aren't they both to buff other players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Hmmm... are pirates have some kind of history significance in the US? Because personally I think pirates class would be better suited for European server. For Chinese server, I would think the class General would be a good replacement for Samurai due to the similar historical significance between the two in China and Japan
Well apparently Pirates have big appeal in NA... No idea why they would fantasize about living a pirate's life but yeah.

About the Chinese server... There are two ways about it- Originally I thought of it like you and did some historical research, I found that apparently we Chinese were pretty big on the whole crossbow thing But you know what would be cool to play as? One of those heroes from the Wuxia stories
Old 2013-11-09, 04:00   Link #32
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

This just hit me: Samurai/Vampires are Blood Death Knights.
Old 2013-11-09, 04:09   Link #33
Divini
Senpai!

Here's a handy graphic of a thorough description of all the Elder Tale classes and races. (don't know original creator of this, sorry)

Images
Elder Tale Class Descriptions
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 04:14   Link #34
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I have a question- What's the difference between the role of a Bard and the role of an Enchanter? Aren't they both to buff other players.
Bard can only buff the players and can't debuff the enemy.

Enchanter has only one buff skull keen edge to increase damage and has assist skill thorn bind hostage. Other skill are crowd control of enemy or mana healing or regulating.
Old 2013-11-09, 04:26   Link #35
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Here's a handy graphic of a thorough description of all the Elder Tale classes and races. (don't know original creator of this, sorry)
Yeah it's been posted before, it's also not the updated version. I posted that version back at episode 2 or 3? It was made on /a/.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 04:59   Link #36
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Bard can only buff the players and can't debuff the enemy.

Enchanter has only one buff skull keen edge to increase damage and has assist skill thorn bind hostage. Other skill are crowd control of enemy or mana healing or regulating.
Ahh okay okay- So the Bard is the buffer while the Enchanter is a deliberator/debuffer, got it.
Old 2013-11-09, 05:11   Link #37
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Enchanter/Undead Hunter = Demonology Warlock?
Old 2013-11-09, 05:13   Link #38
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Not really since Warlock can deal some pretty big dmg on their own.

Plus there is the Summoner class as well.
Old 2013-11-09, 05:22   Link #39
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Enchanter/Undead Hunter = Demonology Warlock?
.... how does an undead hunter relate to a warlock? Warlocks summon demons, not undead, and hunter implies the very opposite of summoning.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 05:32   Link #40
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Never mind, it was a terrible idea.

Meanwhile, I have even stranger ones to put out there.

Like Cleric/Prostitute. I have absolutely no idea what kind of Cleric is that.

Or a Wolfhair Druid/Vampire (I am a WHAT?! Also, I have 9001 Heals per second from my Hots).

Swashbuckler/Tracker takes the cake for being a Pirate Ninja!!

(My personal favorite for coolest class combi is still Cleric/Warpriest... for obvious reasons. )