Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-10, 11:25   Link #21
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Loituma Girl (a new cell phone commercial)

well i was watching MTV this morning when the commercial of the girl with leek came by for your mobile phone

this commercial was first taken from bleach, orihime turning the leek with the leek song in the back..
apperently they put it up again but this time the changed her clothing and the hair, its a blonde girl with curl like hair...

i wrote down the site there was in the corner: www.sms2.tv
but i checked the dutch site the leek one was taken off...
but wasnt there liek trouble with bleach owners and this matter...
and doesnt doing the same thing again but only changing the chcracters look a little still make it illegal for them to do...

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-10-11 at 00:26.
Old 2006-10-10, 12:12   Link #22
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
Well, I saw a whole music video for this song on MTV and when the 'girl with leek' appeared my first thought was "OMG! It's really Orihime?! " But then I noticed that her shirt and hair were changed, but it dind't clear my doubts "so, doese Bleach owners know about it?"

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Old 2006-10-10, 12:19   Link #23
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post
"so, doese Bleach owners know about it?"
i thouhgt the same thing, last tim they did use Orihime and in Japan they werent amused and told them not to do this... ... the owners of Bleach is Bandaii right?

well they told them not to broadcast it.. it stopped for awhile seemingly now they aired it again but changed the outfit.. the rest is still the same..
Old 2006-10-10, 16:05   Link #24
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Surprise! Welcome to the power of Internet memes. What you saw is now known as the Loituma Girl.

Check out Orihime at www.leekspin.com, she's got her own website! Hypnotic, eh?

It seems that someone made a flash animation of Orihime spinning that leek and set it to the Finnish folk song "Ievan Polkka" sung by the Finnish quartet Loituma. This meme became extremely popular in Finland. It is interesting though to see that the meme became popular enough to escape the internet and appear on TV.

I imagine that when they put up the commercial the first time they didn't have a clue what the origin of the leek girl was and imagined it might be in the public domain. Then someone told them that it was owned by a Japanese company and the legal department had them create their own animation to prevent being sued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
and doesnt doing the same thing again but only changing the chcracters look a little still make it illegal for them to do...
Surprisingly, Japanese artistic copyright law is rather different from our own. According to Japanese law, they could draw their own picture of Orihime and use it. This is why doujin are not actually illegal.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-10-10, 17:54   Link #25
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Talking

"Ievan Polkka" sung by the Finnish quartet Loituma.

That song is like wow , the tune gets stuck in your head for days together . The leek swinging is pretty hypnotic to .
Old 2006-10-10, 19:40   Link #26
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

That song makes me sick... I hate it.
Old 2006-10-10, 20:07   Link #27
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Thumbs up Loituma - Ievan Polkka (VID)

The Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT9qORbs5Zk

...... hm ......... hm ......... hm

Hypnotic Must buy Leek -lol-

http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf

( The One that started it )

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2006-10-10 at 20:55.
Old 2006-10-10, 22:17   Link #28
ScytheBlade
Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to ScytheBlade
LOL Orihime is going to be more famous than Ichigo.
Old 2006-10-11, 03:15   Link #29
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I imagine that when they put up the commercial the first time they didn't have a clue what the origin of the leek girl was and imagined it might be in the public domain. Then someone told them that it was owned by a Japanese company and the legal department had them create their own animation to prevent being sued.

Surprisingly, Japanese artistic copyright law is rather different from our own. According to Japanese law, they could draw their own picture of Orihime and use it. This is why doujin are not actually illegal.
aah i see.. well i didnt think of that but still it is annoying.. just as a phone compagny to steal it, then get told not to use te image and then try again keeping in mind the small little loop in the japanese copyright law -_- i think its mean
Closed Thread