Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-01, 09:59   Link #21
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark`

........That leaves me to believe that Minatsuki is, at the very least, a Shikai. But that's just me...... =p
i agree......
-EDIT-
Quote:
.........but the fact remains that Zangetsu "walked" right past Kenpachi without him knowing a thing........
but is it possible that Kenpachi didnt see Zangetsu because he cant even comunicate or (coulnt remains to be seen) with his Zanpakutou?......

Last edited by eLcHaKeTeRo; 2006-01-01 at 10:14.
Old 2006-01-01, 10:09   Link #22
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Well, at this time, Ichigo still hadn't achieved the necessary level, to materialize Zangetsu. Before the Bankai training Yoruichi explained, that before reaching Bankai you have to reach the stage, in which you can physically materialize your Zanpakutou. Ichigo skipped learning this stage by using the artifact, Yoruichi brought along.
Okay, fair enough. That much I can concede. But you failed to acknowledge the addition I made to my post.

Quote:
Edit Add-On: I forget to mention that when Unohana recalled Minatsuki, it turned into something like a mist and drifted towards Unohana's sheath, before returning to the form of a Zanpakutou. If you recall when Zangetsu and Zabimaru materialized in the world, their physical Zanpakutous were still present while their representative appearances (old man and baboon) were there too. That...was hard to grasp. Okay...to put it easier...

Minatsuki = When it was around, Unohana's Zanpakutou wasn't
Zangetsu/Zabimaru = When they were around, Ichigo and Renji's Zanpakutous were still there

That leaves me to believe that Minatsuki is, at the very least, a Shikai. But that's just me. =p
Every materialization (Komamura's Bankai, Zangetsu during the Ichigo/Kenpachi fight, Zabimaru, etc) that has ever occurred, the Zanpakutous themselves have stayed, physically, in the form of a sword. The Zanpakutou never actually became the materialized form: Zabimaru, or Zangetsu, or anything. However, the Zanpakutou became Minatsuki (meaning the Zanpakutou was no longer in the shape of a sword). Like I said, this is primarily why I believe it's Unohana's Shikai, and not a simple materialization.
Old 2006-01-01, 14:45   Link #23
Grees
Ehhh

Im not convince of the materialization theory either, but if it is true, why does all these shinigami's wasting their time fighting each other?
Really, wouldnt it be much, much more easier to let their ZanMa's (Zanpakutou Materializations) fighting each other to determine who is stronger then who? I even though up a system where these ZanMa's can be stored in these ingenious balls which fit nicely into your pocket and can be use whenever, shinigami's just have to call out some phase like 'I select you .blabla..' and the fight is on. All the shinigami's can then stand on the sideline and cheer/wave/eat/sleep, while their PokZanMa's (the name just hit me, its obvious yet subtle) do all the fighting and dying. Really.
Old 2006-01-01, 14:51   Link #24
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grees
Im not convince of the materialization theory either, but if it is true, why does all these shinigami's wasting their time fighting each other?
Really, wouldnt it be much, much more easier to let their ZanMa's (Zanpakutou Materializations) fighting each other to determine who is stronger then who? I even though up a system where these ZanMa's can be stored in these ingenious balls which fit nicely into your pocket and can be use whenever, shinigami's just have to call out some phase like 'I select you .blabla..' and the fight is on. All the shinigami's can then stand on the sideline and cheer/wave/eat/sleep, while their PokZanMa's (the name just hit me, its obvious yet subtle) do all the fighting and dying. Really.

......wow.....
Old 2006-01-01, 14:54   Link #25
Souryu
nothing at all...

I'm talking about the NAME of the zanpakutoh, not the the phrase they use to use the shikai. The name of Byakuya's zanpakutoh is Senbonzakura, not Scatter, Senbonzakura.

The only shikais that have 2 names are Shunsui's and Ukitake's and it's only because they are twin swords
Old 2006-01-27, 22:02   Link #26
heavenwargod
あやちのナンバーワンファンです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia_posy
I think is a bankai because only bankais are a seperate entity!

@Souryu: Renji's Shikai is "Hoero ZUbimaru"
Byakuya's SHikai is "Chire senbonzakura"
Hinamori, Kira and others have Shikais with two names!
Lol...Every Zanpakuto have their own startup commands except for those who are skillful enough to change to Shikai form without command. (e.g Ichigo and Renji)
Hoero, translated from kanji, means Howl (I thought Zabimaru was a wolf before, but it is a baboon o.0)
Chire, means Scatter which Senbonzakura's blade literally scatters around lol
Old 2006-01-28, 10:57   Link #27
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenwargod
Lol...Every Zanpakuto have their own startup commands except for those who are skillful enough to change to Shikai form without command. (e.g Ichigo and Renji)
Hoero, translated from kanji, means Howl (I thought Zabimaru was a wolf before, but it is a baboon o.0)
Chire, means Scatter which Senbonzakura's blade literally scatters around lol
i have never seen renji summon his shikai with out calling out his zanpakutou's name and start up command. The Only one I have seen do that is Ichigo, and his sword is always in shikai form due to the size of his enormous reiatsu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souryu
I'm talking about the NAME of the zanpakutoh, not the the phrase they use to use the shikai. The name of Byakuya's zanpakutoh is Senbonzakura, not Scatter, Senbonzakura.

The only shikais that have 2 names are Shunsui's and Ukitake's and it's only because they are twin swords
and that is not the name of his zanpakutou, that is the name of his shikai if im not mistaken.
Old 2006-01-28, 13:40   Link #28
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLcHaKeTeRo
i have never seen renji summon his shikai with out calling out his zanpakutou's name and start up command. The Only one I have seen do that is Ichigo, and his sword is always in shikai form due to the size of his enormous reiatsu.
During Renji's last fight with Byakuya, where he reveals Bankai, he releases Zabimaru without having to use the activation phrase in order to stop Byakuya's Shikai. (Remember? He attacks Byakuya with the extended Zabimaru in order to force him to abort his Shikai to parry.)
Old 2006-01-28, 14:50   Link #29
Souryu
nothing at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLcHaKeTeRo

and that is not the name of his zanpakutou, that is the name of his shikai if im not mistaken.
... name of the shikai = name of the zanpakutoh. And, if this is only the name of the shikai, what's the name of the zanpakutoh then?

Have a sword name "Scatter, Senbonzakura" is like somebody having the name of "Go, Mike!". Uber ridiculous
Old 2006-08-20, 13:22   Link #30
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia_posy
I think is a bankai because only bankais are a seperate entity!

@Souryu: Renji's Shikai is "Hoero ZUbimaru"
Byakuya's SHikai is "Chire senbonzakura"
Hinamori, Kira and others have Shikais with two names!
hoero, chire, et cetera are the commands. informal imperative form of japanese verbs.

i want to see unohana's bankai... it must be cute
Old 2006-08-22, 00:34   Link #31
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum
During Renji's last fight with Byakuya, where he reveals Bankai, he releases Zabimaru without having to use the activation phrase in order to stop Byakuya's Shikai. (Remember? He attacks Byakuya with the extended Zabimaru in order to force him to abort his Shikai to parry.)
however, that has something to do with Renji reaching Bankai, Byakuya started talking about how that meant that Renji could reach Bankai after he had to parry.
Old 2006-08-22, 01:41   Link #32
Shigemichi Take

[Rule 3)The name of the Bankai is an extension of

the normal name]

Examples of name extensions when using Bankai:

Byakuya:Seponzakura to Seponzakura Kageyoshi
Abarai Renji: Zabimaru to Hihou Zabimaru

I agree to this because usually, when one calls out
Bankai then name extends.

[Rule 2)The zanpakuto will change form into
something which will stay until the owner wishes it
to go away or can't sustain it ]

Examples of Zanpakutou shifting in sizes:

Abarai Renji's Zabimaru turning into a whip-like
serpent and a skull on his arm.

Ichigo's Zanpakutou shifts in sizes when he calls out
Bankai from Zangetsu and in a result, his Zanpakutou
turns black and turns
smaller dramatically.

I agree this that the shape of the Zanpakutou when
one calls out Bankai.

Last edited by Shigemichi Take; 2006-08-22 at 01:56.
Old 2006-08-22, 15:41   Link #33
fizzmaister
The Tall One

I think it is her Bankai. We haven't seen a shikai that can make a manifestation. We didn't see her call it out, we also didn't see anyone else call back a bankai, calling the swords name and saying something is a possible way to seal a zanpakto.
Old 2006-08-22, 17:16   Link #34
Zek
Eyebrows...

Unohana is one of the more experienced captains, there's no way that her bankai just stores people and heals mild wounds. Also, there's no rule that says a shikai can't be a separate entity - it's not that different from Hitsugaya's ice dragon. Also considering the Golden Rule, I think that's enough to rule it out as her bankai until we get more information.
Old 2006-08-23, 01:26   Link #35
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

The Golden Rule doesn't apply in this case. We don't know if she calls out any name when she manifests that form. If you'll think back, you'll realize taht we've never seen her manifest it. We've only seen it after it was manifested.

Therefore the Golden Rule cannot allow us to rule it out as a bankai.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-08-23, 10:52   Link #36
Lotiman

There should be another type of Bankai :-)

The one that change outfit (Ichigo, Renji)
The one that keep the same outfit (Byakuya, Tousen, etc)
Old 2006-08-23, 19:49   Link #37
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Unohana is one of the more experienced captains, there's no way that her bankai just stores people and heals mild wounds.
however, she is 4th squad. And remember it is always much easier to destroy than to repair, it is quite possible that it takes a bankai to do some minor healing. Also, she can take people on the brink of death and basically heal ther minor wounds and put them in a stasis so their bad wounds don't kill them on the way to 4th squad HQ.
Old 2006-12-29, 03:41   Link #38
Hitsugaya_Titzen
Hitsugaya_Titzen

Yah i think the ability of how the person uses it changes their ability of bankai.
Closed Thread