2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-28, 08:38   Link #21
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Interesting episode not much happen but it was a nice set up for whats up coming i assume. The bar waitress was awfully cute and i kind of liked how Abe looked as well she sure likes to talk and move around a lot lol. Horo's ears were of great use this time around Lawrence is getting a picture of whats going on in the town and is trying to act accordingly. Im hoping he doesnt get himself into too much trouble but with this two new females around anything is possible. I sense a trap coming.

I also once again enjoyed Horo and Lawrence's private interactions. Lots of hugging and cuddling and even Horo acting very girly and wanting Lawrence to stay with her in bed it was very cute. I love how Horo's ears bend down when shes being affectionate with Lawrence like when shes hugging him.
Old 2009-08-28, 09:11   Link #22
Kaguya
an idler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
anyone catch what the voice actress for the waitress is?
The voice actress of waitress Helena is Sara Nakayama.
Her old main roles are Riku Harada of D.N.Angel, and Midori Chitose of Green Green.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-08-28 at 23:32. Reason: removed novel spoilers from post
Old 2009-08-28, 10:21   Link #23
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Dayum Lawrence's getting his flirt on. Pretty sure every woman in this episode's been trying to make a pass at him.

That said... while I do like this episode, for me it's generally the weakest episode so far. In contrast however, you know how fantastic a story's writing is when even the extensive idle chatter with minor characters and excellently made.
Old 2009-08-28, 14:13   Link #24
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Dayum Lawrence's getting his flirt on. Pretty sure every woman in this episode's been trying to make a pass at him.
I think he's gotten so much experience with Horo now that she has accidently created a ladykiller out of him. FUnny because she is kinda possessive of him.
Old 2009-08-28, 14:46   Link #25
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Nah... It's just a sign that he's taken. Before, he was available and no one wanted him (anime-only Chloe notwithstanding). Now that he's more and more in a committed relationship, all women flock to him.
Old 2009-08-28, 14:47   Link #26
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I think he's gotten so much experience with Horo now that she has accidently created a ladykiller out of him. FUnny because she is kinda possessive of him.
There's no way it's just kind-. she is most def possesive of him god forbid Horo smells other women on Lawrence too much. Which is why I'm interested in Horo meeting Abe.
Old 2009-08-28, 17:56   Link #27
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Oh and I think Horo heard Abe and Lawrence talking, since she was seen with her ears pointed down, and I don't think she's gonna be happy....
Old 2009-08-28, 18:10   Link #28
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!

Thursday has become the highlight of the week, thanks entirely to this show.

Really good episode, was about to make a comment when Lawrence was getting Horo to play "guess the food" and literally stopped and went dead silent when she came up and hugged him...

It's nice to see Lawrence getting better at talking to Horo, but still nowhere near getting a leg up on her. He might be catching on, but shes still 600 years the wiser! Horo hiding her tail was also one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time.

Seriously goes a long way to restoring my faith in humanity, that this show can be popular enough to gather 4000+ peers the first night of the torrent.
Old 2009-08-28, 18:40   Link #29
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Interesting look between Abe and Lawrence in the end, there's deffinitely a chemistry between. Why not? They speak the same language and Lawrence is well placed to know how lonely a merchant's life can be.

It's quite telling that he ends the conversations with both women with a reminder that he's taken. Smart of him considering Horo is very explicitly willing to take their relationship to the next level.
Old 2009-08-28, 20:16   Link #30
ThoHell

Lawrence is kind of stupid, or maybe it's just his turn to make Horo jealous and worry since she had already done that to him? I don't like it, I don't like it at all... THROW A DANG KISS IN ALREADY!
Old 2009-08-28, 20:56   Link #31
HandofFate

can someone explain to me how the female merchant's name end up being translated as either Eve or Abe?
Old 2009-08-28, 21:15   Link #32
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Kaguya,

Shouldn't what you said about abe be in a spoiler tag?

Did anyone else think the final shoot with Lawrence and Abe shaking hands while flames flickered beneath them is suppose to be a sign that this meeting will bad for Lawrence and Horo?
Old 2009-08-28, 22:45   Link #33
typhonsentra

Lawrence was quite the player in this episode, wasn't he?
Old 2009-08-28, 23:05   Link #34
ATiWolF
Converted Horoist =D

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Lawrence was quite the player in this episode, wasn't he?
ahaha..aha.
Its Not his fault...he was doing it intentionally.
Horo's Crafted Craft into something universally alluring. He need only open his mouth and speak. Just Look at how he even captivated the old bag running the inn.

I don't like the little Intel exchange with the Bright and Bubbly Bar babe. It looks like a trap very reminiscent the the coin scam in the first season....If it is a similar situation maybe horo will get captured again...We need a bit of action right about now since they don't do action often in this series...but when they do its excellent. Episode 6 (season one) is my favoritest for that reason.
Old 2009-08-29, 02:39   Link #35
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Given the setting of this show, the content, and the very talkative nature, it's amazing that this show is absurdly entertaining and enjoyable as it is. Horo's new constant little sporadic displays of affection are adorable.

Absolutely love this series.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-08-29, 03:27   Link #36
FTGT

Well well..... quite slow episode this time. But nevertheless important conversations took place.

At first I thought it was very strange that Abe would pay for a frank conversation with Lawrence. But then again, I cant imagine how hard it is for a woman to always pretend to be from the opposite gender. So, of course from time to time she wants to talk freely to a man, without suppressing her female side.... her longing for conversation.... her lust for being a woman.... her all-consuming desire for the male body....

OHHH Lawrence, you are drawn into something that could be quit troublesome! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Lawrence is kind of stupid, or maybe it's just his turn to make Horo jealous and worry since she had already done that to him? I don't like it, I don't like it at all... THROW A DANG KISS IN ALREADY!
And again I have to agree. Sometimes I would like to write a letter.

Dear Lawrence,
if Horo is resting after having some alcohol and catches your hand without saying anything but giving you a pitiable look, you are suppose to snuggle up to her and give her a tender kiss, followed by some activities that shouldnt be talked about if children are around.
Regards
a supporter of wolf babies
Old 2009-08-29, 04:24   Link #37
Mr. Anime

as long as there is an affectionate moment between horo and lawrence the episode is going to be a success^^. I think Lawrence made a somewhat superior impression and he has horo so everything s gonna be ok and if not i hope its time for some horo in wolf form action^^

but when lawrence and abe shake hands it looks like a bad foreboding with the fire in the front. Abe seems like a very sly woman so i wouldnt be surprised if she was responsible for some difficulties in this arc. Paku Romi lends her her voice so she has to be a badass^^

Last edited by Mr. Anime; 2009-08-29 at 06:45.
Old 2009-08-29, 11:38   Link #38
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTGT View Post
..of course from time to time she wants to talk freely to a man, without suppressing her female side.... her longing for conversation.... her lust for being a woman.... her all-consuming desire for the male body....

Dear Lawrence,
if Horo is resting after having some alcohol and catches your hand without saying anything but giving you a pitiable look, you are suppose to snuggle up to her and give her a tender kiss, followed by some activities that shouldnt be talked about if children are around.
Regards
a supporter of wolf babies
Heh.. poor Lawrence. The more he tries the more vague Horo gets. I still get the impression that he's gearing up for something in this arc. Maybe it's time Horo made a decision as to whether she wants Lawrence for more than just basic companionship? If she doesn't get on that soon she'll probably be put in an uncomfortable spot..

I hope Horo will see some serious competition this time around. Noora was cute and all, but these women seem to know how to get what they want Plus, Lawrence has definitely picked up some hard-won skills from Horo. The possibilities are certainly interesting..
Old 2009-08-29, 14:02   Link #39
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
This episode amused me greatly.

It seems that now Lawrence is really attracting women to him; first that waitress at the bar, and now quite possibly Abe! Personally, I think Abe and Horo will have a very interesting relationship... after watching the exchange between Abe and Lawrence, it's obvious that even if Horo has her claim on Lawrence, Abe is still very much interested in him.

I have to admit, I'm curious to see how this ends. To a certain extent, I think Lawrence is just as interested in Abe as she is in him; they can talk to each other on equal ground.

Slow episode, but still good.
Old 2009-08-29, 16:08   Link #40
velvet nightmare

the episode started to pick up at the very end with abe, other than that, it's another one of those set up episodes i suppose

though the title of the next episode has me thinking something is going to blow up in lawrence's face again with bad trades
Closed Thread