AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-03-14, 01:23   Link #21
Chosen_Hero

Here is an explanation about the situation currently with this movie's development and marketing:

I won't post part 2 due to it (possibly) spoiling the entire movie and since there are those that want to see it I'll be respecting their wishes.

As for my thoughts on what i've heard so far from these two videos (and from what I personally know), well let's just say that I think we might have 2016's Fant4stic.
Old 2016-03-21, 12:23   Link #22
Chosen_Hero

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2016-03-21 at 18:10.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-22, 00:27   Link #23
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Fair points made. I don't know why this has to be a reboot. It's set in modern times. Have it be a fact that ghosts for the past few decades haven't been around. That would explain this new group having to create their team and build their tech. It takes nothing away from this new group that someone was doing this first and it does eliminate the coincidences of things like the logo.

It's silly that they try to make you think of the original films and then sweep them under the rug. Even the trailer points out that these characters existed....but it's a reboot so they didn't....
Old 2016-05-18, 12:10   Link #24
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So better than the 1st trailer?
Old 2016-05-18, 13:20   Link #25
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
So better than the 1st trailer?
No, not really.

Worse, this trailer solidifies the leaked plot of the entire movie on Reddit some time ago even more. And most of those who have read it can only expect something bad. I'd say this movie only have 1-10% chance to impress me.

Also, how dare this trailer accuse the audience for being racist & sexist in a meta way. Can't they see that most of the humor that they presented in the trailers are juvenile at best? No need for racism or sexism to dislike that. Hilariously, the movie itself falls into making its black female protagonist into the stereotyped "less educated and less intelligent than the other white protags but still has street smart". Gimme a break.
Old 2016-05-18, 14:06   Link #26
AntonKutovoi

I smiled at the moment with a selfie stick. Improvement... I guess?
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-18, 19:41   Link #27
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

AVGN getting shit tossed because he said he wont see the movie so won't review it. Not even mentioning anything about gender. Still called a Sexist.
Old 2016-05-18, 23:20   Link #28
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
No, not really.

Worse, this trailer solidifies the leaked plot of the entire movie on Reddit some time ago even more. And most of those who have read it can only expect something bad. I'd say this movie only have 1-10% chance to impress me.

Also, how dare this trailer accuse the audience for being racist & sexist in a meta way. Can't they see that most of the humor that they presented in the trailers are juvenile at best? No need for racism or sexism to dislike that. Hilariously, the movie itself falls into making its black female protagonist into the stereotyped "less educated and less intelligent than the other white protags but still has street smart". Gimme a break.
Waiiit so what you're saying is that when this movie comes out and it's actually bad and all of us say it's bad that means we're racist and sexist?
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-18, 23:34   Link #29
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
Waiiit so what you're saying is that when this movie comes out and it's actually bad and all of us say it's bad that means we're racist and sexist?
What? No.

I’m not the one who calls the audience sexist or racist for disliking the trailers. It’s the movie's director, some actors, and SONY-execs who is doing that. I’m on the audience’s side in calling BS on SONY’s accusation that people who dislike the trailers (like me and other people) are sexist/racist.
Old 2016-05-19, 11:00   Link #30
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
What? No.
Sorry that was a sarcastic comment joining in on the whole stupid thing (so not an insult towards you)

Quote:

I’m not the one who calls the audience sexist or racist for disliking the trailers. It’s the movie's director, some actors, and SONY-execs who is doing that. I’m on the audience’s side in calling BS on SONY’s accusation that people who dislike the trailers (like me and other people) are sexist/racist.
So in other words yes. If we don't like this movie we're sexists and racists....

Political correctness will be the death of the western world.
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-19, 11:10   Link #31
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Wait, what? What kind of logic is that?
"You don't like the movie or don't want to watch it? Your sexist and racist!"(Wasn't it originally "Not watching the movie means your sexist and watching the movie means your racist." coz the only black character in the team is portraying a black stereotype?)
That's just absurd. What if i don't watch/like it cause it's not my type of movie, too busy or i have no money?
Old 2016-05-19, 16:07   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm just going to go with the angle....that this movie just feels lazy and average. The first impression was so bad. Star Wars could say get away with having a movie that was basically a remake of episode 1. Because it still had the original cast and was a sequel (and the prequels happened). This is a remake that is still trying to tell so much of the same story.

Plus it's a remake that apparently couldn't avoid using the same 'enemies' from the first movie. If this is a remake...why the heck is Slimer and the Stay Puft guy there? At least with Slimer in a sequel it's not impossible for it to be back.

The joke at the concert basically hit it. The movie itself is so focused on stereotypes of gender and race that it never bothered to make a good movie.

Just doesn't seem worth spending any money to go see.
Old 2016-05-19, 17:36   Link #33
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Dane Cook and Patton Oswalt are attacking AVGN now Haha wow... really? Two starving comedians oh nooo.

Tho Dane Cook called him a "Moron" which is hilarious because thats what most of his roles have been and his awful jokes.
Old 2016-05-20, 00:00   Link #34
Freeter
beyond

Using the misogyny angle to cover up your half-assed remake is just downright pathetic. Feig and everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves.

It would be poetically ironic if Scary Movie 6 is made to parody this and ends up being better because of it
Old 2016-05-20, 00:43   Link #35
Psyco Diver

I have no interest in it because they took the easy way out, they basically copied the original script, then they took characters and rewrote them to fit what the actors that play them are most famous for. I personally want this movie to fail so hard that these companies that pull this dumb crap learn a lesson about being cheap and lazy. I really don't see why we couldn't get a sequel with whats left of the original cast passing the torch off to these ladies and write these actors in a roll that doesn't copy the exact thing their known for
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 01:08   Link #36
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
AVGN getting shit tossed because he said he wont see the movie so won't review it. Not even mentioning anything about gender. Still called a Sexist.
He brought up a lot of fair points to justify his decision and honestly, I'm with him. It's not ghostbusters if you don't even keep the original team (or at least their feats) in the plot...and since that is now impossible, it should be called something else.

On the all-female cast: okay, ghostbusters can't be compared to Star Wars or the Marvel universe, things can change a lot and still be acceptable, although that doesn't mean it won't incite displeasure to the fans.

On the movie itself:
Quote:
The joke at the concert basically hit it. The movie itself is so focused on stereotypes of gender and race that it never bothered to make a good movie.
Nailed it.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 02:17   Link #37
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Ghostbuster 2016 can join Total Recall and Robocop in the bench of soulless remakes/reboots. The two former movies wished to have been able to play the "Audience is racist/sexist" card to get away with being subpar if not downright bad. Do I speak with my nostalgia/Child of the 80s glasses on? No. I have rewatched the original movie, just to make sure it was not.

The black guy in the original was meant to be the audience surrogate, a poor guy trying to find ANY job in a context of economic recession, result of the oil crisis of the 70s. There is this administration guy trying to ruin the protagonists' efforts to get Ghostbusters take off, thinking it's a scam. A subplot standing for the government officials' skepticism over any kind of budding economy/industry. Yes, the movie have a surprising social subtext under its comedy trappings. When the medias advertise Ghostbuster 2016 as a statement against Patriarchy (the big Boogeyman in the West, when ISIS is at the fucking gate), it doesn't bode well for this movie, in addition of alienating the old fans, or 80ers like me, who didn't need to be insulted.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 14:08   Link #38
Galaxian

New international trailer...

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 18:14   Link #39
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

All the huge special effects n crap just shout out "Look how much better mine looks! Dones't it look BETTER!?"

and Oooh loook, the stereotypical retarded man. So he's not a nerd or geek he's just dumb. Where the original Ghost Busters receptionist? wasn't.
Old 2016-06-03, 09:47   Link #40
AntonKutovoi

"Those, who dislike the movie are Trump supporters"
https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...t-donald-trump

I wonder what's next - "Those, who disliked the movie are responsible for Holocaust" or something?
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote