AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-07-02, 16:06   Link #21
Greenish Growth

Yeah, there should have been an extra 0 in the actual number there. Maybe they are speeding up the pacing in the anime and cutting out a part of it?

I thought there was an accusation at the beginning there, but maybe I'm misremembering.

Last edited by Greenish Growth; 2023-07-02 at 23:28.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-02, 23:12   Link #22
Alchemist007
*Author

Usual isekai, though the loli isn't convinced right off the bat.
Old 2023-07-03, 06:02   Link #23
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I'm surprised the fact it shows a 0 in front at all doesn't count as "the number is bigger then can be displayed" since if it was 2 would it not be just be "2" instead of "02" or "002"

The show looks like its fun, since it seems to do the thing (most) all good isekai should do: not take itself too seriously and be a comedy. I dont have high expectations so will keep watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Question is whether the Anime would maintain that aspect or not.
Spoiler:
Old 2023-07-03, 11:04   Link #24
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I'm surprised the fact it shows a 0 in front at all doesn't count as "the number is bigger then can be displayed" since if it was 2 would it not be just be "2" instead of "02" or "002"

The show looks like its fun, since it seems to do the thing (most) all good isekai should do: not take itself too seriously and be a comedy. I dont have high expectations so will keep watching.

Spoiler:
Actually, it makes more sense that way. When making a device to show numbers up to a certain number of digits, it's easier to just make it display all the digits all the time. We're used to computers handling all that for us, but for simplistic devices just having it all there every time is much simpler.

And yeah, some devices may be designed to display 99 when it's higher than that, but not all. Overflow is a real thing and happens a whole lot. This's why Gandhi is a nuke-crazy psychopath in the Civilization series. His friendliness state was set to 255 (absolute permanent peace), but the Democracy government "adds" to that state, which rolls him back down to 0 (I'll nuke your @5$@ off this @$#&ing planet). If you don't have things specifically programmed to recognize when it went over and output some specific value for that, you will guaranteed have this sort of issue. Also makes me think of a mecha isekai manga I read a bit of before. They measured power levels necessary to pilot various mechs, using a rotary dial that went up to 10,000 or 100,000, and the hero was deemed trash because his values were super low, and only one guard thought he saw the dial actually spin all the way around at least once.

I too do prefer stories that don't go so hard on hard numbers. Especially things like levels or full absolute STR stats. In games this makes sense, but things are never so absolute or equal throughout the body. That said, something as simple as measuring a specific power emanating from the body or the body's capacity to emanate said power is more reasonable to me. I just kind of prefer stuff where the hard numbers don't necessarily translate to superiority. Sort of like parts of the Dragonball franchise: there are plenty of points where strict measures of power are given, but there are also frequent points where the outcome has little to do with that. I even heard for a while Toriyama intended to use power levels specifically in that sense, showing that yeah that alien monstrosity might have been a thousand times your power level and now that he's transformed he's a hundred times that, but with the right moves, strategy and a bit of luck you can still crush him.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-03, 18:19   Link #25
Strahan

Reminds me of when I was a kid and I'd hexedit my save files in games. Sometimes I'd assume a field would have a certain number of bytes, only to find it did not so when I load my character, I have like -7228 gold lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-04, 02:12   Link #26
Alchemist007
*Author

I did that for a game once, sometimes the value I had to change would be different, that sure was an experiment.
Old 2023-07-04, 14:28   Link #27
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Reminds me of when I was a kid and I'd hexedit my save files in games. Sometimes I'd assume a field would have a certain number of bytes, only to find it did not so when I load my character, I have like -7228 gold lol
Only reason I ever used notepad++
Old 2023-07-08, 17:35   Link #28
Strahan

So, it's gonna be like Shield Hero huh? Something that seems to be not that useful, just for defense, but suddenly he finds a million ways to use it. So he can make video barriers, heal barriers, communication barriers, barriers with logic (watching for the kid sister). If they were gonna go that far, why even futz with the barrier crap in the first place? Just make him a mage and be done with it.
Old 2023-07-08, 17:49   Link #29
grecefar

like I said it seems that imagination is the limit for the power, in the preview he access google.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-08, 18:16   Link #30
Strahan

Yea, just feels a bit silly that it goes to such degrees. Like oh, this salad is good but it's missing something. Honey mustard barrier! Hehe.
Old 2023-07-08, 20:23   Link #31
Alchemist007
*Author

I like that the start was with telling the maid to stfu, unfortunately she didn't seem to understand why. Also loli is now convinced.
Old 2023-07-08, 20:45   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm not one to judge magical detection systems, but if it can only register two digits then shouldn't it just max out at reading his level as 99 instead of only registering the last two digits? Sure, I get the logic for it working out the way it did. But still has a "give me a break" feel to it.

1002 is an odd level to set him to anyways. Wouldn't you normally pick a round number? I'm pretty sure registering him at level 0 would still lead his psycho parents to want to abandon him anyways. Might be even more "oh come on" that he so happened to think to upgrade the scan, but just happened to stop short of where he needed to go. If he's going to do that anyways then go straight to measuring in the millions! This guy knows he was reincarnated by a Goddess. There's no reason to work within the standard level of this world.

I will give Charlotte credit for arguing with the title of the episode while narrating the preview.

The rest of the cast is good and honestly when he just gets to it, even the MC is alright. But whenever he as the chance his mind just goes to the dumbest places.
Old 2023-07-09, 02:38   Link #33
Tenzen12

Why it should max on 99? That doesn't make any sense. If value above 9 then it reset to zero and shift value another decimal position. For it show max value in case of overflow would have to be intentional feature. Also I pretty sure people with round number weight of height are exeption so it should be same with mana.
Old 2023-07-09, 03:09   Link #34
Lex79

So the little sister was afraid of him because she could sense is overwhelming mana and now idolizes him as an hero. It's different from what I was expecting but still works. I wonder what is going to happen if Flay let it slip that Haruto is the demon king.
Old 2023-07-09, 04:14   Link #35
magnuskn

Dang, the MC is pretty merciless when it comes down to it. Well, so far I'm still liking the combo of goofiness and him getting angry and messing deserving people up, even if I have to quibble about murdering the tied up soldiers.
Old 2023-07-10, 13:20   Link #36
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm not one to judge magical detection systems, but if it can only register two digits then shouldn't it just max out at reading his level as 99 instead of only registering the last two digits? Sure, I get the logic for it working out the way it did. But still has a "give me a break" feel to it.

1002 is an odd level to set him to anyways. Wouldn't you normally pick a round number? I'm pretty sure registering him at level 0 would still lead his psycho parents to want to abandon him anyways. Might be even more "oh come on" that he so happened to think to upgrade the scan, but just happened to stop short of where he needed to go. If he's going to do that anyways then go straight to measuring in the millions! This guy knows he was reincarnated by a Goddess. There's no reason to work within the standard level of this world.

I will give Charlotte credit for arguing with the title of the episode while narrating the preview.

The rest of the cast is good and honestly when he just gets to it, even the MC is alright. But whenever he as the chance his mind just goes to the dumbest places.
Again, as I said earlier, a measuring device will give a specific display for the cap if and ONLY if it was specifically and deliberately designed to do so. Normal function is to just let the extra digits overflow and loop back around. Flip cards used in competitions just flip until they show all 0s again. Dials spin around and end up back where they started. Binary numbers in computers drop the overflow bits (again, the reason Gandhi suddenly goes psycho late in the original Civilization game, which they later kept because it's funny). If they'd never had anyone even reach 90, they'd not likely see a reason to build any checks for values above the cap. You can again see real-world parallels leading up to Y2K. Programmers had to run around rewriting old systems because many weren't designed to handle the century turn. Wasn't universal certainly, but there were enough cases as well as other points where certain systems' date/time measures would overflow that a lot of work needed to be done in a short amount of time, work that people in previous generations honestly didn't even think about.

That said, I'd have to also assume that it is extremely rare to have people that can sense magic or recognize its scale. Either that or magic levels have to be much higher than humanly possible to sense. After all, if there was someone out there who was known to be able to sense magic, they'd likely be working for the king and would definitely have said "okay, this guy's no 02". Unlike machines, humans do have a sort of set response to measures above our capacity. At worst he'd have "blinded" the man, but he'd have still been able to say that Haruto's power was something else.

Also, I do agree that it's a little odd to just conveniently have him given a number like 1,002. People do tend toward either completely random or well-rounded. If they wanted it to end in 02 or something, they could've done something like 2,602 for randomness, or maybe gone for round by another measure. Say, making him 4,194,304 (2^32) or one less 4,194,303, which is the largest 32-bit number you can get and would still rewrite as 03.

Concerning the new ep, I'm kind of disappointed that here too they decided to diminish the hero's capacity for violence. Specifically,
Spoiler:

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2023-07-10 at 13:51.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-15, 15:23   Link #37
Huh...?

The misty dream-like animation in Episode 3 really creates an odd vibe, not sure whether i like it or not. Character designs were also off in some scene.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-15, 16:23   Link #38
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
The misty dream-like animation in Episode 3 really creates an odd vibe, not sure whether i like it or not. Character designs were also off in some scene.
The oversaturation? I dont like it personally, just feels like someone turning tv gamma too high that half the colors go away due to color range. It's in other episodes too though, so either they messed it up really bad for multiple episodes or it's a stylistic choice.

Spoiler for Ep02:
Old 2023-07-15, 19:08   Link #39
grecefar

ehh it was fun to me, charlotte became an otaku, he became a working hero when his principal mission is to become a shut in but charlotte won't let him and he even became zero.

he will try to be a shut in but the world and charlotte won't let him and it seems the parents are looking for him but yeah it won't end well for them.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-15, 22:01   Link #40
Alchemist007
*Author

I agree the oversaturation/exposure look is kind of distracting.

Charlotte is now full moe mode.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?