AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-19, 11:10   Link #21
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I see only one English fansub for episode two. It was released by its translator. On my machine using mpv the subtitles were mistimed. That was nearly a week ago. I'm not hopeful we'll see this series subbed by a established group like Erai-raws or EMBER, or even if we'll get to the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Probably a factor but even if it got an official release I suspect it would still be flying under the radar like Kono Oto Tomare.
At least we could expect professional productions on an established schedule.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-19, 15:10   Link #22
Dop
Mmmm....

Ok, I wish this was more accessible without having to dig for fansubs.
The second episode really clinched it for me.

Sure, Pachibel's Canon is something of an overplayed trite cliche, but dang if I didn't get a shiver when Aono took the violin and started playing. Always been a sucker for violins, being a failed violinist.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-19, 16:53   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I see only one English fansub for episode two. It was released by its translator. On my machine using mpv the subtitles were mistimed. That was nearly a week ago. I'm not hopeful we'll see this series subbed by a established group like Erai-raws or EMBER, or even if we'll get to the end.

At least we could expect professional productions on an established schedule.
I've found a couple of subs within 24 hours of each ep that seemed fine to me.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-21, 09:32   Link #24
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Just found out that Aniplus Asia is the only one that licensed this in English, though the episode releases several days after the actual airing in Japan. Glad we have Aniplus here to watch this properly as I just saw episode 2.

I said to myself in episode 1 that Aono shouldn't hate the violin and just hate his dad so I'm glad he got over it to be able to play the violin again. Canon in D never gets old and is still a beautiful piece to listen to.
I like their dynamic so far, more so that I love listening to Ai Kakuma a lot. Ritsuko has a lot of things going on for her but she's really strong to face it and continue to play violin. Definitely something Aono needed. Next episode is probably where the two will get inspired to make an orchestra in high school. An orchestra will sound different from solo violins after all. And as someone hooked on a recent orchestra video for Genshin, I'm excited for the orchestra. The sooner they leave that school and its bullying the better.
belatkuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-21, 12:37   Link #25
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I've found a couple of subs within 24 hours of each ep that seemed fine to me.
At the place with the cat-sounding name, there is one English fansub for episode two in two different formats. There are raws and subs in other languages like French, but only one English subber, Tezu. I must be missing something.

That kitty site is usually pretty reliable. Looks to me like no one really cares to sub this show.
Old 2023-04-21, 13:55   Link #26
Marina2

Novelbright - Cantabile [Official Music Video]

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-04-22, 19:55   Link #27
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

A couple more subs have appeared; the most recent is pretty good.

Reminds me of the old days when we'd have "speed subbers" and slower, more careful groups.

Lovely episode. Of course hardly anyone outside Japan will see it. The setting reminds me a bit of Asuka's performance on the riverbank in Hibike! Euphonium.Fewer passers-by though.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-04-24, 09:31   Link #28
Marina2

Ep.3

They are in high school now. Too bad about CG concert scene, I guess I shouldn't expect something on the level of Hibike Euphonium.
Old 2023-04-24, 11:54   Link #29
grecefar

that highschool has a really high bar.

so many members, it's not going to be easy to win a spot there unless there are a lot of third year students there. I can see aono in a spot but it's still will be hard for him since he never played in group, it's a big difference and akine, well she has the talent with her ear but she is still a newbie. I don't know about haru.

and for what it looks like there is another amazing violinist that is there even with a music recommendation.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-24, 16:00   Link #30
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Are you watching raws? We used to have a policy here that posts about an episode had to be in spoiler tags until at least one English fansub had been released. I think this policy should also apply to Ao no Orchestra given that it is only available in fansubs.
Old 2023-04-24, 16:04   Link #31
Blaat

Quote:
Are you watching raws? We used to have a policy here that posts about an episode had to be in spoiler tags until at least one English fansub had been released. I think this policy should also apply to Ao no Orchestra given that it is only available in fansubs.
English fansubs has been out since Sunday. There are also official French subs released on Sunday.
Old 2023-04-24, 16:50   Link #32
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That CGI scene was truly horrific. If they're all like that, it's a tough sell for me.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-24, 17:12   Link #33
grecefar

Quote:
sorry, I didn't know. Usually the place were I watch upload it the same sunday but it was up today, to be honest I thought I was late to post lol.
Old 2023-04-25, 11:44   Link #34
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
English fansubs has been out since Sunday. There are also official French subs released on Sunday.
There are none for episode 3 on that "meow" site. In fact, I don't even see raws listed yet.

The first decent fansub for episode two took about five days before being released.
Old 2023-04-25, 17:26   Link #35
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
This is still the official policy, but as you're insinuating this hasn't come up very much because the vast majority of shows are now simulcast (or close enough to it).

I would ask that anyone who does watch the show before it's subtitled in English try to use spoiler tags that indicate the episode number so people know if it's safe to click.
Old 2023-04-25, 19:02   Link #36
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I really wasn't "insinuating" anything, rf. I was stating outright that I thought the policy still applied even in a world of legal streaming.

I had a problem with finding the fansub. I won't go further. I have it now.

Apparently we should start looking on Sunday.
Old 2023-04-28, 06:04   Link #37
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Horrifying CGI concert aside, the music was pretty good. Gonna be a tough sell to enter given the amount of members and its track record. Aono might have a chance but Ritsuko might have it tough. Though maybe Aono might have a competition given the preview. And I wonder why that other girl knows him. Maybe they learned violin somewhere when they were kids?
And I also wonder if his father's name and scandal will affect him given that the father seems to be a popular violinist. An orchestra club would definitely have some people know some popular violinists. Or maybe some might know Hajime himself given he won some competitions as a child.
belatkuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-28, 12:54   Link #38
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
And I wonder why that other girl knows him. Maybe they learned violin somewhere when they were kids?
Looks to me like she encountered him at an elementary- or middle-school competition. He probably won, too. I bet Aono is pretty famous among girls like her, and he has no clue.

I've watched RaptoR's newly-released episode two. It's pretty solid, especially with regard to timing. The subber talked about that in the notes at meow.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2023-04-28 at 13:27.
Old 2023-05-01, 18:01   Link #39
grecefar

I'll leave it in spoiler this time

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Old 2023-05-02, 11:37   Link #40
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Tezu is out.

I thought Aono got over the stuff about his dad, but he is still frozen in place.

I can't believe he thinks everyone who knew him when he was competing has forgotten all about him. Haru's not the only one.

I can see Aono and Saeki becoming friendly competitors.