AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-07-16, 10:02   Link #21
Frontier

Blade doesn't take his training seriously because he's so skilled but he also is too dense to realize when a girl wants him to compliment her new hairstyle...poor Earnest. Oh, and nobody cares about Leonard .

The OP is a pretty fitting theme for this series, with a fun, lively, beat and plenty of visuals of Blade with his Harem, friends, and the battles they'll contend with together !

So Blade is going to try to teach Sophie how to fight with a sword? Though her close-quarters combat style suits her just fine, especially when she ends up on top of Blade. Lucky dog .

Who is that blonde beauty next to the king? His assistant ?

So it turns out Sophie is actually a clone of a girl who was experimented on to artificially create a new Great Hero after the Blade, and there were 12 of them in total, which I guess explains why Sophie is so docile...she was used to be experimented on and ordered without much of a will to call her own. But is the original Sophitia still alive? The OP also makes it look like we'll see the other clones .

As the original Great Hero, Blade feels responsible for what Sophie had to go through, so he feels obligated to help her feel normal...even if he has no frame of reference for normal. I mean, taking a girl out on a date is normal, right ?

Does that nurse want to get into Blade's pants or does she just have a phrasing problem? She definitely seemed eager to get his clothes off .

Poor Earnest. She was secretly giddy thinking Blade was asking her out on a date but it was for another woman the whole time. Also Earnest seems to have no problem with Blade seeing her cleavage .

Wow, Blade just straight up walks into the girls' shower room, ignores all the undressed ladies, and asks Sophie out on a date while she's completely naked. And she says yes! What a stud !

Earnest can dress it up that she's trying to keep Blade on the straight and narrow, but we all know she just wants to peep in on his date because she's jealous. Though she did end up making some new friends and getting a cute nickname out of it. Not sure how you get "Anna" From "Earnest" though .

I love how during the date we get the girls in swimsuits just for the sake of fanservice and Earnest buck-naked Shokugeki style when she eats something delicious .

I guess Blade and Sophie's date was very them...acting out the usual date stuff in their own way and causing property damage in the process. That running up the wall, flipping, and hopping/destroying rooftops was a lot .

It was nice to see Sophie open up to Blade, but most of all Blade opening up to Sophie and admitting all the anxiety he had as the Great Hero. He was forced into doing it at three years old because he felt obligated to help people, but so much of his life was spent fighting and dealing with the people he couldn't save and the resentment from their loved ones...it became too much for him. No wonder he doesn't want to be the Great Hero again. But Sophie doesn't resent him, in fact she admires him after learning of all the good he did and the people he saved, and doesn't hate what she is at all. It was a very tender, intimate, scene between the pair. Earnest better watch out !

Pretty solid and cute ending with a fun theme and visuals of Blade, his girls, and his friends. Also, a lot of food !
Old 2023-07-16, 11:27   Link #22
HandofFate

The premise is pretty regular, but the directing for the episodes seem really fun and interesting with good energy
The constant different way they're cutting scenes, and the different shifts in character models when they're reacting and old school gags like turning to dust.
Old 2023-07-16, 13:35   Link #23
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Looks like this is going heavy on the harem with a genki neutron star protagonist. Probably a drop, most of the ep 2 humor was groanworthy.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-16, 13:54   Link #24
grecefar

to be honest all the chapter was silly, even the fanservice but I welcome it.

I don't know what was the author intention but I'm watching this as a harem fanservice comedy and won't take the story seriously.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-16, 14:32   Link #25
magnuskn

This seems very compressed, somehow. Can't say that I get a good emotional connection to the MC, when he ping-pongs between "happy go lucky" and "almost suicidally depressed". Gets one more episode, to see if this is a "get one girl per episode into the harem" anime.
Old 2023-07-16, 14:54   Link #26
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
to be honest all the chapter was silly, even the fanservice but I welcome it.

I don't know what was the author intention but I'm watching this as a harem fanservice comedy and won't take the story seriously.
its a very good etchii show. Havent seen one of these in a while either.
Old 2023-07-16, 16:42   Link #27
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
its a very good etchii show. Havent seen one of these in a while either.
If there isn't the white light of death and for the looks of it, it won't. Then I'm going to enjoy it.
Old 2023-07-16, 21:21   Link #28
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I'm definitely enjoying the "old" comedic expressions, like characters shooting out like rockets
When something is so old, it's new. Kinda like Cafe Terrace and its violent heroines. If this season has taught me one thing, its that just because it isn't a Narou doesn't mean having too much of a similar story is a good thing. I will treasure this moment, even if it is kinda ticklish.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-17, 11:50   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The ecchi is nice enough. But yeah the main character flip flopping between hyper serious and insane goofball is really jarring. A show can absolutely have different tones and people have various sides to them. But it feels more like they take one character out of the show and replace him with a duplicate that has a completely different personality.

Still it's ok. Might as well lean into the comedic side. Honestly if you cut out the serious bits it's actually pretty solid.
Old 2023-07-17, 11:53   Link #30
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The ecchi is nice enough. But yeah the main character flip flopping between hyper serious and insane goofball is really jarring. A show can absolutely have different tones and people have various sides to them. But it feels more like they take one character out of the show and replace him with a duplicate that has a completely different personality.

Still it's ok. Might as well lean into the comedic side. Honestly if you cut out the serious bits it's actually pretty solid.
I feel like it's more situational. Like Blade has seemed pretty carefree and simpleminded but we're unveiling more of what makes him tick and what he'd been through up to this point and how that relates to him now.
Old 2023-07-17, 12:22   Link #31
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
The premise is pretty regular, but the directing for the episodes seem really fun and interesting with good energy
The constant different way they're cutting scenes, and the different shifts in character models when they're reacting and old school gags like turning to dust.
Yes, I also enjoyed the classic gags, wasn't expecting it.

https://streamable.com/iqllwu

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-07-17, 14:13   Link #32
Greenish Growth

Why is it that I used to be able to scroll left and right to view large pictures posted on the Forum, but nowadays I can't? It must be a browser update or something.

The left side of the photo looks pretty good though! **thumbs up**
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-17, 20:11   Link #33
Alchemist007
*Author

The best part is on the right though .

I'm able to scroll left/right just fine, either with mouse or scrollbar (Firefox); so must be a browser or extension thing.

But here's an alt anyhow, might use this from now on.

Old 2023-07-17, 20:44   Link #34
Greenish Growth

Oh thanks. Ah, that's funny. I haven't seen the episode yet because of lack of time.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-17, 23:02   Link #35
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The ecchi is nice enough. But yeah the main character flip flopping between hyper serious and insane goofball is really jarring. A show can absolutely have different tones and people have various sides to them. But it feels more like they take one character out of the show and replace him with a duplicate that has a completely different personality..
I checked the manga, and the parodies like Gundam Reconguista in G (the part the couple strides without moving in the clouds) and Evangelion (various) are anime-original.
The main story is the same and the comedic portion exists as a skeleton, but the comedy section is padded with additional content (to be honest, anything crazy was probably anime-original). The manga only used one chapter on Sophie, but it was extended to one episode, though I understand why because spending 3/4 of the episode and then moving on to the next girl in the same episode would be really weird as far as story structure goes

But like I said, I don't care anymore this season. We have like 5 Hero anime this season for some reason with each one sharing multiple traits with each other (because creativity) and anything that makes something stand out, I'll take it, even if it is this weird hyperactive humor

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2023-07-23, 10:00   Link #36
Frontier

Anna does not care for how close Blade and Sophie are now, not that she can really do much about it. But hey, at least she has more friends now .

Claire and Yessica now have their advanced class hero outfits! And they look great! Especially Yessica who is happy to flaunt how revealing hers is. Actually, is Yessica based on Zessica from Aquarion Evol? Similar outfit and hairstyle .

Pretty on-point that the king brings in a dragon, Blade fells it in one punch, and then it turns out to be a cute loli who imprints on Blade as her parent. Typical Hero stuff, am I right? And Cu Chulainn is quite a cutie (and hopefully has a better track record than her Lancer name sake) .

Cu utterly adores Blade! To the point of yelling off anyone else who tries to get close to her! And Anna and Sophie are just a wee bit jealous...though Cu making it sound like Blade periodically oggles adult women doesn't help, especially when he gets convicted by his friends for something he didn't even know he did. Poor guy .

I love how Earnest can accept walking in on Blade in the tub, but him in the tub with a loli? That earns him a boot to the face .

Is the king a secret masochist? Also, is that Hitomi Nabatame as his lady friend ?

I love how Cu's Earnest doll gets about as much respect as the actual Earnest. But her dolls just and their on-point names and personalities just capture how much Cu genuinely wants to have friends and wants to get to know everybody even though she's a dragon .

That was a good scene of Earnest and Sophie checking in on Blade to make sure he's okay, and doubly so when Earnest is there for him to lean on and support when he's depressed over Cu like he was for her !

I love how the leather leotard girl in a mask has a normal nightgown for sleepwear .

Looks like it's the entire class lead by Earnest vs Cu so she can finally make friends !
Old 2023-07-23, 11:02   Link #37
magnuskn

This is not working for me. I don't know, the combination of silly, echhi, emotional and serious they are going for just doesn't gel for me into a cohesive whole, i.e. it all plays out very haphazardly. Dropped, I fear.
Old 2023-07-23, 19:14   Link #38
grecefar

I hope the hero doesn't get involve, is a good chance to the side characters to shine and just depend on the hero to solve everything.
Old 2023-07-23, 22:52   Link #39
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Yeah, looks like the hyperactive presentation of episode 2 was because of the subdirector or something's preference, so episode 3 is back to its fairly normal self. Oh well, character designs are still good enough for me to enjoy. Better than the other mundane hero animes this season

Old 2023-07-23, 22:55   Link #40
Strahan

I'd imagine not, as it'd be pointless. He already earned her respect so he won't need to participate. Kinda funny how they end it right before the fight starts, as if to build anticipation. It's like yea, does anyone really think they'll lose and Cu will have to soldier on alone, save for Blade? heh

I was happy, then disappointed in this ep. Happy because redhead came into the bath then was like whoa, you're bathing and instead of doing the cliche tsundere bit of punching him or whatever, he's like yea no shit you didn't wait for a reply. Happier still then that she moved on and made no big deal. Yay, avoiding tropes. Then Cu stands up and disappointment sets in as we get roped into the trope, no escape lol. Did she really not notice Cu was also naked in the tub until then?

Found it amusing that they made a creature who can breathe fire weak against spicy food, that was funny.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem