AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-01-03, 12:04   Link #21
Tenzen12

I certainly think they could do better job with Arus firing Nick. Both novel and manga did better job hinting real reason. Well one of real reasons. Same with Zem and how big role temple politics played in his excomunication.

That said I liked first episode. Could be better, but it could be also worse.
Old 2023-01-03, 13:08   Link #22
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Hmm, I suspected this might be an issue but I think they tried to cram too much into the first episode. I've not read the LN but I think the way the manga handled it was better but as with anything that's up to debate. Hopefully it's smoother sailing going forwards since I rather like this series - it's not amazing but it's quite nice.
Interestingly, a commenter on Reddit preferred how the anime breezed through most of the cast backstories, finding the LN's approach sluggish and draggy.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-03, 14:39   Link #23
grecefar

Zem seems to had it the worst for now, gotta see what happenrf with dragon girl.

It's cool that it wasn't only our mc who got betrayed but all the party and it seems that they're a well balanced party.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-03, 16:17   Link #24
Twi

It's out already?

I thought I had more time.
Old 2023-01-03, 16:40   Link #25
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I do think they somewhat sped through the backstories too fast. I get it. In the first episode you want to introduce the main cast and establish the premise. Have to land that first look and let people know what it's all about. But it can backfire if they hurry it too fast.

Can't get into Nick's situation too much since it was almost told in passing. Like the show was running by and shouting his backstory as it went. But it is familiar enough that it's fine I guess.

Wow...that Alex guy is royally pathetic. Does he wonder why people are making fun of him? His fiance (at the time) was a saint that was doing a lot of good as much as she could. While this guy's an idiot that didn't understand her and felt bad that she was more talented than him. He even figures she's bullying the girl he was pretty well already cheating on her with when...she didn't even know her name? My condolences for Tiana.

Absolutely a rough break for Zem. Didn't do a thing wrong there. Handled things as well as he could and tried to let the girl down easy. Not that anger and disappointment is wrong. I can get the kid feeling that way. But definitely not a good look for her future that her first reaction to disappointment is ruining someone's life...Can say he's had it the worst so far. Although it's hard to say since the aftermath of Tiana's situation was left...in slide show form. So I don't know if she was kicked out of her home or what. Might have spared a minute to give her father (?) dialogue there. But from what we did get, Zem really had a rough time. No one had faith in him and was basically chased out of town.

I suppose there's something to be said though about their unity in that sense. They've all been betrayed and picked up some bad habits along the way. Well at least in the sense that getting too absorbed in any of those things can hurt you. But in a sense Nick and Zem both did get some showings of kindness before they met the group. Which makes sense. Need at least one or two of them to have a shred of hope left or they'd never try to make a party like this work.
Old 2023-01-03, 17:17   Link #26
Strahan

Like five seconds after loli appears on screen, I knew just how the priest was gonna get screwed over, lol. Was the tear at the end to be remorse for what she did? I wonder if he will ever come across her again. The other twos' sob stories were pretty tame by comparison. Yea, sucks to get kicked out of your party but just like jobs they don't always last forever. Move on. For the chick, they didn't really establish who the fiance was; someone important? I'd have to assume, otherwise I can't figure out why she would leave town over it. While not spending forever on backstories is good, some amount of detail would be nice.

I guess dragon girl's back story will be next episode. First ep was pretty decent, I like the concept. It will be amusing to see how they work together.

Edit: I just went and read the manga a little. Man, they really skewed things in the anime with MC and his party interaction. I won't go into details since discussion of other media is discouraged, but man. Puts Argus in a whole new light vs the anime. The "girlfriend" is the one that needs to rot in hell, heh.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-03, 18:35   Link #27
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-03, 19:06   Link #28
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Well, this definitely hits all the cliches for a 202X series -- rising of the priest hero, banished from the party, not actually a villainess + a broken engagement scene, and whatever the dragongirl's deal is. First episode was interesting but I'm not sure I can say much more for it. I'll give it a couple more episodes anyway.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-03, 23:21   Link #29
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
Spoiler for for context:

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2023-01-03 at 23:40.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-04, 00:42   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Spoiler for for context:
Spoiler for Context:

I have to give the first episode an even lower score when seeing details like this. I know they wanted to end the episode on the premise of "let's make a party" but letting the reasons why these characters felt betrayed not come across clearly is a bad move.
Old 2023-01-04, 01:56   Link #31
Marina2

Ouch, I feel sorry for that ex-priest who faulty got #metoo
Old 2023-01-04, 02:14   Link #32
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Context:

I have to give the first episode an even lower score when seeing details like this. I know they wanted to end the episode on the premise of "let's make a party" but letting the reasons why these characters felt betrayed not come across clearly is a bad move.
I don't disagree.
Old 2023-01-04, 05:53   Link #33
Lex79

Watched the first episode. Compared to other series with similar premise, I got the impression that at least Nick and Tiana had some actual flaws that partly contributed to their expulsions (not that I'm saying they deserved it or their exes aren't scum, though). Not sure if that's what the author wanted to convey of if it's an artifact of an apparently rushed adaptation.
The fact that the four developed addictions could make forvsome fun moments if it won't be forgotten after this episode. I'll keep watching.
Old 2023-01-04, 06:06   Link #34
Huh...?

Quote:
I certainly think they could do better job with Arus firing Nick. Both novel and manga did better job hinting real reason. Well one of real reasons. Same with Zem and how big role temple politics played in his excomunication.
Maybe those stuff would be explored more, as the story progresses.

I mean, all those characters who are connected to the past of the 4 MC's are present in the OP, meaning they have more role to play later on in the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Wow...that Alex guy is royally pathetic. Does he wonder why people are making fun of him? His fiance (at the time) was a saint that was doing a lot of good as much as she could. While this guy's an idiot that didn't understand her and felt bad that she was more talented than him. He even figures she's bullying the girl he was pretty well already cheating on her with when...she didn't even know her name? My condolences for Tiana.
The bullying part was just a fake premise, aka., the upper level reasoning which he would tell to people around in order to hide the actual reasoning (which is why he didn't even focus on that talk for long).

The biggest issue was that the fiancé was actually being ridiculed by people around for being inferior to fiancée (aka., Tiana).
And usually in asian culture, a fiancé (aka., a man) being inferior to his fiancée (aka., a woman) at the same type of work, is seen as a disgrace for the fiancé, and socially people would immediately jump at the chance to make fun of him.
They don't really care if the fiancée was some once in a life-time genius mage who did various great stuff. They just need a reason for people to ridicule the fiancé (aka., a man).

This is the reason why, even now the common practice of arrange marriage in asian communities, is that the Man would be superior to the Woman in almost every aspect of work, which Men are usually considered to be good at by the society (which is why, if you check on the occupations of married couples in asian communities, you will find that very few share the same type of field between them).

It's not like i am defending that fiancé here.
More like i am giving a more objective outlook on that person's perspective, as Asian community work different compared the Western.

As for what happened with the others, relating to Tiana and why she was on a journey. It was more to do with that girl along with her former fiancé.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")

Last edited by Huh...?; 2023-01-04 at 06:32.
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-04, 09:04   Link #35
grecefar

So in this world is just that easy to accuse someone and is guilty without any type of investigation or proof?, let a woman see the loli and can find if she is still a virgin.

Tiana is a genius who can show anything they want without any teacher help and like the loli she can prove she i still a virgin who isn't sleeping around with the teachers for favors, unless a teacher lied here.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-04, 10:43   Link #36
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
So in this world is just that easy to accuse someone and is guilty without any type of investigation or proof?, let a woman see the loli and can find if she is still a virgin.

Tiana is a genius who can show anything they want without any teacher help and like the loli she can prove she i still a virgin who isn't sleeping around with the teachers for favors, unless a teacher lied here.
Two words: politics and corruption.
Old 2023-01-04, 11:40   Link #37
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post

You have to consider their positions. One is nobility and the ones who lobbied the allegations toward her are also noble rank. The teachers themselves can swear up and down she's guilty if they decide they don't want to pick that fight to defend her, or they could and end up still getting their voices crushed and suffering for it because of Noble politics.

As for the child, keep in mind this is a world with healing magic. If you could close a wound, I'm pretty sure you can do the same with a torn hymen. So the priest would still likely not be getting off easy. Even then considering he only spent three months in prison its likely that it was done purely to deal with the controversy more than them assuming he's guilty and I doubt a child could come up with something like that on her own. And that's not even discounting the fact that someone could have actually taken her virginity to make the allegation stick, if I want to go to a dark place about it. How much do we even know about her or her circumstances that brought her to the church or to his attention?

I haven't read the LN and I don't think the manga has gone over it, but I'm willing to bet some Church politics are at play here. Someone probably knew she had a crush on him, knew he would reject her, and then convinced her to bring up the allegations. That'd explain the tears.
Old 2023-01-04, 15:30   Link #38
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
Spoiler:
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-04, 16:56   Link #39
magnuskn

Well, interesting first episode. A bit rushed overall, but the characters should make for a fine party when the plot gets to it.
Old 2023-01-04, 17:56   Link #40
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Spoiler for for context:
Yeah, I didn't get that from the anime
But as of now, I don't think these backstories are gonna play a big role in the story (if there is one) anyways though

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote