5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.86%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-18, 14:41   Link #21
EroKing

Great show, meh ending. That confession from Subaru was never going to be enough after the epic one we saw from Rem back in episode 18
Old 2016-09-18, 14:44   Link #22
Xical
Phantom User

A nice finale for the anime, but let me point something in the chapter:
What nice regenerative power have that cart, almost at the same level of wolverine. Lol

Don't you think this anime , as his own medium, ends in a nice way for one time.
The others mediums may be diferent or go further but this series can stand on his own and thats enough.

Last edited by Xical; 2016-09-18 at 18:18. Reason: to complete
Xical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 15:07   Link #23
bakato

If anyone wants to complain about anything, it should be how Priscilla didn't get any time in the limelight.
Old 2016-09-18, 15:07   Link #24
SeaDoor

Well done. Enjoyed the payoff at the end with Emilia's crying face, so cute!

Question... is Patrasche a he or a she? Don't think this is a spoiler.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 15:14   Link #25
Chichiryuushintei

Great ending. Emilia is still Best Girl. Can't wait for Season 2, since the BDs are selling quite well from what I heard.
Old 2016-09-18, 15:14   Link #26
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
If anyone wants to complain about anything, it should be how Priscilla didn't get any time in the limelight.
She got her foot service scene though

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post

It's a she
Old 2016-09-18, 15:17   Link #27
DemonneoPT

Amazing how a single episode can ruin an entire series. Well, i'm overreacting of course but that's how i'm feeling right now. What was this happy ending? Where are the sick twists this anime accustomed us? This was just a generic ending without any "wow" effect... it saddens me. I was expecting something like episode 15... now, something like that would be the wow factor i was expecting from the episode finale of a series i enjoyed so much until now!! T
I will not say this ending was as bad as, for example, Erased since (imo) the last two episodes of that anime were just a bunch of rushed nonsense while in Re:Zero it still had some nice moments, especially the good animation in the fight Betelgeuse x Julius&Subaru, wrapping things up with the sloth villain and his cruel encounter with Satella and the sweet dialogue between Subaru and Emilia at the end. Emilia too cute!

Anyway, for the most part White Fox indeed made an outstanding job with this title. Cutting OPs and EDs to give us extra content, nice animation, ost and overall direction greatness. The VAs were the cherry on top of the cake. Special mention to Betelgeuse and Subaru actors. Those guys rocked hard!! This will definitely be one memorable story for me to be remembered years after, despite the disapointment in the final episode. It would be a 9.5/10 like Konosuba for being a nice take on the "isekai" genre and because i'm a huge fan of fantasy adventure but, given the circunstances, it will end up as an 8.5/10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I totally agree, but they were probably thinking of what would happen if they set up such a cliffhanger, and S2 never happened. That would be even worse than this.
Why would it be worse? That would hype people to dive into the manga or the LN itself. This ending just killed one of the strongest points of this anime which was making me scream "WTF just happened" after the episode ends..lol. This is not Re:Zero at it's full glory and definitely not the ending it deserved...

Last edited by DemonneoPT; 2016-09-18 at 18:07. Reason: Removed hinting
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 15:17   Link #28
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post

Yeah it's a she.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 15:22   Link #29
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I had all these nice things to say about the show too. But now I'm not in the mood. 9/10, maybe I'll go more in depth some other time.

Last edited by Kotohono; 2016-09-18 at 17:36. Reason: Let's not have that discussion in this thread
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 15:26   Link #30
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
Why would it be worse? That would hype people to dive into the manga or the LN itself.
You probably missed the part where, right now, there isn't any more LN/Manga for them to "dive into". This is it. The anime surpassed the commercially available original material.

What there is, out there (the web novel), isn't commercially viable, and therefore, not an option anyone would even consider...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 15:26   Link #31
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
after reading some comments from the LNs addicts
It was good, they didn't ruin anything. They did the best they could with what they had, and even the author gave them his blessing.

Quote:
That would hype people to dive into the manga or the LN itself.
No it wouldn't, because neither the LN nor the manga has covered those parts of the story either. In fact right now the anime and LN are basically at the same point. The only other alternative would be the web novel, which generates no money for anyone involved. So there.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 15:26   Link #32
sparhawk1610
Asura

I like both, Emilia and Rem same. But that part about Rem, which was not there, hurts a bit. I like this last episode, seen all that flashbacks with Lia and how Subaru tells to Lia that he love her. But it looks, like they will not make a second season, because this ending looks like a true end for the anime, but well... If only YenPress will be translating faster.......sigh.
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 15:36   Link #33
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Some really nice action animation from Julius and Wilhelm this episode. Well, aside from this anyway. Also some really beautiful use of colors and background animation in the final scene which was reminiscent of the Rem scene near the end of episode 11.

No comment on the rest of the episode.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 15:38   Link #34
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Minus the moments Subaru had to overstate how much of a stereotype-perv he is I actually enjoyed the last episode a lot.

The series ignoring most of the mysteries around Emilia and Subaru's powers (as well as most of the characters it's introduced) is a very interesting way to end it that goes pretty well with the series good points. It's basically the show saying all the little bits it's thrown around and spent time on are left wholly to interpretation or red herring, except for this love thingy between Subaru and Emilia; and I do mean that in a positive sense not a cynical or ironical way. And of course I understand in the source material there's more revelations and what not1, so in truth the series is actually not that smart at all! For the brief moments before actually opening this thread while I actually had a slight inclination the writing was actually clever before it shattered to pieces from everyone's moaning about revelations, I was actually glad we got a nice (and creative) conclusion—as opposed to some guaranteed-to-be-shitty cliffhanger.

Well, if I were to judge it in the idea that someone would watch it with out contact with the source material people, and if I were to be kind to the first half and middle half of arc 3 which was just plain god awful and unnecessary, the series was overall okey and enjoyable (for the most part).

1 had to stop reading after the first 4-5 posts of the thread with how trigger happy seems everyone is
Old 2016-09-18, 15:47   Link #35
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
Anyway, for the most part White Fox indeed made an outstanding job with this title. Cutting OPs and EDs to give us extra content, nice animation, ost and overall direction greatness.
I'd say that after this show, Watanabe Masaharu is a director to look out for in future projects. The only other anime he has directed in full is Wakaba Girl, but just like Re:Zero it really shows the effects of an impactful and generally well-done adaptation.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 15:59   Link #36
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

There's literally no point in telling anime viewers here in the thread that the ending is ruined because they didn't adapt further into the story where XYZ happens. As far as we are concerned, it concluded at a nice uplifting point with plenty of open ended questions left for the story. If the show plans on coming back, it's going to be a few years so I think the way they ended is just perfectly fine .
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 16:02   Link #37
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
There's literally no point in telling anime viewers here in the thread that the ending is ruined because they didn't adapt further into the story where XYZ happens. As far as we are concerned, it concluded at a nice uplifting point with plenty of open ended questions left for the story. If the show plans on coming back, it's going to be a few years so I think the way they ended is just perfectly fine .
I couldn't agree more!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 16:03   Link #38
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Can I just say... Quoted for effing truth?

We know there is "more to come" as far as the story itself is concerned. We don't need the show to give us something to worry about indefinitely to know that the story isn't over.

Given the state of the source material, possibilities of a second season are there, but incredibly uncertain. Cutting corners to make sure there is some form of "intermediate closure" is perfectly acceptable.
Old 2016-09-18, 16:08   Link #39
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You know, I've seen many "anime of the X" discussions, and whenever I hear the phrase "really important information", I immediately go full skeptic. Either it's not as important as you think it is, or there is a way to make it work. I've never been in a situation where this is not the case. Leave that shit up to the screenwriters, they're the one that actually get paid to make shit work, don't worry your pretty little head over it.
Old 2016-09-18, 16:15   Link #40
Aetherdraw

Well, guys, its been a fun ride of ups and downs with all of you in this series, and i have to say i'm happy with the decision to not go on epilogue 1. If we were given a double part ender like they did with episode 1, perhaps we would have gotten it, maybe even "Natsuki Rem" as a bittersweet bonus, but they had to make do with what they had and still keep at least even the anime-only fans on a happy note. Seeing as they did not continue to "That" scene only increases the chances that they are seriously considering a continuation. Hell, look at Nanatsu no Taizai. They stopped for quite a while and continued the manga, then they release a 4 episode special. Then just as the final episode of the special is about to release, they drop the bomb of an actual season 2 in the works. Now look at our Re: zero. Look at its exploding popularity, the amount of work put into it, the advertisement put to get more people into watching it. If that does not guarantee a season 2, i don't know what to think.
Aetherdraw is offline   Reply With Quote