AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2023-03-24, 14:54   Link #21
necrolyte

I don't know why you guys attack Oda. Taking the side of a cheeky bastard, who thinks taking others' lives is ok and who just attacks recklessly, without any kind of plan is good enough to top up a Yonkou. Not to mention that Shanks is probably the smartest and strongest emperor at the moment, with the strongest haki. Showing him as if he is equal to Luffy has always baffled me, Luffy took out 2 years break, training under previous' PK's right hand man, born with conqueror's haki and not to forget he is the MC and a guy who just went to New world just like that, without any kind of haki or preparation, it's really a mistery how he got this far in the first place.

So tldr; I really liked this chapter, finally showing Shanks' power when he is serious. I really hope to see more from him, fighting on top of his game. Well done Oda!
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-25, 02:44   Link #22
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
I don't know why you guys attack Oda. Taking the side of a cheeky bastard, who thinks taking others' lives is ok and who just attacks recklessly, without any kind of plan is good enough to top up a Yonkou. Not to mention that Shanks is probably the smartest and strongest emperor at the moment, with the strongest haki. Showing him as if he is equal to Luffy has always baffled me, Luffy took out 2 years break, training under previous' PK's right hand man, born with conqueror's haki and not to forget he is the MC and a guy who just went to New world just like that, without any kind of haki or preparation, it's really a mistery how he got this far in the first place.

So tldr; I really liked this chapter, finally showing Shanks' power when he is serious. I really hope to see more from him, fighting on top of his game. Well done Oda!
Rayleigh already mentioned that during fighting Katakuri. He won't be able to teach everything advanced as Luffy have to taught it by himself. He only teach Luffy basics of Haki, in which very useful to fight Hody Jones at the beginning.

As he goes to the New World without Haki or Preparation, you make one big mistake. Luffy skip two years to train his Haoshoku, Kenbunshoku, and Bushoshoku Haki. If he goes two years ago, then he'll go to the New World without Haki, and his crew would be also untrained.

As far as story goes, Oda already gives the answer on powering the Straw Hats. Sanji now becomes a full-fledged modified humans but retain his emotions, Zoro acquires Enma, and Luffy learns Ryuo, an advanced Haki.

Facing Shanks would mean Luffy would face his ultimate test in the duel. If he's defeated, then Shanks deems Luffy unworthy and would always welcome to challenge him anytime, until Shanks can admit that Luffy is worthy to visit Laugh Tale.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-26, 10:33   Link #23
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
This chapter goes to show why LUFFY is an Emperor (even if just a freshly-minted one) and NOT Kidd.

Though to be entirely fair... in some ways, Shank's Observation Haki is also one of the most incredibly broken abilities in the story so far. I would say only Blackbeard's ability to have multiple Devil Fruits is on the same level. Of course, it does remind me that for all that Devil Fruits get hyped up... the King of Pirates himself had no Devil Fruit, just incredibly powerful (arguably broekn as well) Haki abilities... which puts Shanks closest to Roger's level.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-29, 11:37   Link #24
necrolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Rayleigh already mentioned that during fighting Katakuri. He won't be able to teach everything advanced as Luffy have to taught it by himself. He only teach Luffy basics of Haki, in which very useful to fight Hody Jones at the beginning.

As he goes to the New World without Haki or Preparation, you make one big mistake. Luffy skip two years to train his Haoshoku, Kenbunshoku, and Bushoshoku Haki. If he goes two years ago, then he'll go to the New World without Haki, and his crew would be also untrained.

As far as story goes, Oda already gives the answer on powering the Straw Hats. Sanji now becomes a full-fledged modified humans but retain his emotions, Zoro acquires Enma, and Luffy learns Ryuo, an advanced Haki.

Facing Shanks would mean Luffy would face his ultimate test in the duel. If he's defeated, then Shanks deems Luffy unworthy and would always welcome to challenge him anytime, until Shanks can admit that Luffy is worthy to visit Laugh Tale.
My mistake here, I didn't mean that I compare Luffy with Shanks. I was talking about Kidd being compared to Luffy and in my opinion Luffy is way stronger. I didn't think that what I wrote might be interpreted differently.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote