3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-28, 19:00   Link #21
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Sigh. Not enough time even though its already information laden. Such a hard series to adapt.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2014-06-28, 19:07   Link #22
Jerseykid

I'm glad they are finally getting third high into the plot
Old 2014-06-28, 19:12   Link #23
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
No tension. None whatsoever. Geez...and I thought that the anime could sate me since the LNs pretty much turned me away early on but no. Even in other series where you know the MC and his/her team would win something there was always some form of tension. But no.

The entire arc seems to always have the following in each episode:
1. At least 1 boring 'match' where First High School shows off
2. The obligatory 'someone blushing over Tatsuya' moment
3. The obligatory 'Tatsuya is such an amazing engineer/so badass' moment
4. The moment that's supposed to build tension but really doesn't
5. Some sort of exposition that flies over the audience's head
For Bonus Points: A Miyuki is the most beautiful thing ever moment

Seriously...please start putting in some damn tension here...
Pretty much this,

Can the other schools at least win once!? Now I'm hoping First High would lose..
Old 2014-06-28, 19:48   Link #24
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
Pretty much this,

Can the other schools at least win once!? Now I'm hoping First High would lose..
It was mentioned in passing. The First High guys aren't doing too hot.
Old 2014-06-28, 19:59   Link #25
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
That's the issue. Instead of mentioning it in passing, Madhouse needs to show it to us. That would build some tension if we actually saw some of these losses happening. Telling it to us while only showing First High's overwhelming victories will not build tension at all.
Old 2014-06-28, 20:17   Link #26
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Really? Because in the scene were they talked about the First High boys losing the geaphs behind showed one Third high competitor in the lead, while two First High competitors took second and third followed by one another third high competitor in fourth and just to compare the Females was the three in the first three positions and one third high female in fourth place.

P.S. I already know why, I'm just pointing out the graphs in the back in that scene, so theres no need to answer me.
Old 2014-06-28, 20:18   Link #27
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
That's the issue. Instead of mentioning it in passing, Madhouse needs to show it to us. That would build some tension if we actually saw some of these losses happening. Telling it to us while only showing First High's overwhelming victories will not build tension at all.
But the problem isn't about whether they win or not, it's that they are being targeted by people who are running a betting ring for the 9SC. First High are the favourites, so it is expected that they win a lot...so those people are targeting them. Mari's already been taken out. Who's next? Given that Miyuki is substituting for her in the official Mirage Bat contest, she'll definitely be targeted, non?

Furthermore, it isn't just a matter of landing in hospital overnight. Magical accidents can do a fair amount of damage. Apparently, Mikihiko would have been in course 1 if not for his accident. Then there's the reaction when Juumonji offered to become the tester to prove that Tatsuya had the skills to be on the engineering team.

It's subtle, but all the information is there. The main problem is that it's spread over so many episodes that a lot of people don't connect the dots. Could the producers have done something about this? Maybe. At the very least, if the animation was a little more fluid - I also think that some of the facial expressions if background characters and even main characters have been pretty bad - perhaps viewers would be more inclined to pay more attention, which should translate into more people connecting these dots.

----

As for other things I found interesting: at this point, the set up for the end game antagonist appears to be the Yotsuba family...I wish we had a little more information on this aspect of Mahouka, because the focus of the show seems to be elsewhere...

(NB: to LN readers, I'm not asking for comments on what happens later in the LNs. I know where to go if I want that information, so please don't even allude to it here.)

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2014-06-28, 20:51   Link #28
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Alright, I'm done too. Since some of you LN readers have decided that you want to use both the LN forum and the Mahouka anime forum to air your gripes and discuss "what Madhouse should have done and what that would mean vis-a-vis to the LN," you can have them both.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2014-06-28, 21:04   Link #29
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Are we going to have a new OP & Ed in the next episode of MHK?
Old 2014-06-28, 22:48   Link #30
bakato

Yeah. You're going to prove something alright, Morisaki.
Old 2014-06-28, 23:14   Link #31
zero7090

wait what? the guys from 3rd high is only first year but why he acted like the big boss who called the shot?
Old 2014-06-28, 23:26   Link #32
LKK

Reminder to everyone: Comparisons between what the anime shows versus what the novels tell belong in the LN - Anime Comparison thread in the novel forum.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2014-06-28, 23:32   Link #33
rladls2121

It made me think that maybe Morisaki is the next target for sabatoging the match sequence. I hope he does not get badly hurt.
Since First High is in the winning streak, this episode even showed the villain's disscussions to make the First High lose.
If Masaki from Third High faces Morisaki as his opponent, Morisaki facing humiliations in front of lot of people might be inevitable.
Old 2014-06-28, 23:48   Link #34
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Alright, I'm done too. Since some of you LN readers have decided that you want to use both the LN forum and the Mahouka anime forum to air your gripes and discuss "what Madhouse should have done and what that would mean vis-a-vis to the LN," you can have them both.
Triple_R's gone and you too? That's sad. Quite frankly, the relatively objective insights and analyses from the two of you as anime-only viewers were really interesting to read. But I totally understand. Seems like there's no point in me checking out this thread anymore as well.
Old 2014-06-29, 00:20   Link #35
Kakurin
大佐

Morisaki just raised his own defeat flag, didn't he?
Old 2014-06-29, 00:45   Link #36
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
wait what? the guys from 3rd high is only first year but why he acted like the big boss who called the shot?
He is a member of one of the ten master clans. And aperertly one of their main strategists
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2014-06-29, 01:18   Link #37
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I find it funny that novalysis' post regarding the theory that the Third High School are in cahoot with No-Head Dragons came true. Although it seems that Masaki, George, and the rest of the Third High School students are not aware that they're being secretly helped by terrorists.

Regardless, the main highlight is all about Shizuku... Sure that Miyuki is graceful in her Pillars Break match, but Shizuku shines through this episode! I mean, who would be in the right mind dressing up as a shrine maiden, which similarly resembles Izumiko from Red Data Girl?
Old 2014-06-29, 02:29   Link #38
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
I find it funny that novalysis' post regarding the theory that the Third High School are in cahoot with No-Head Dragons came true. Although it seems that Masaki, George, and the rest of the Third High School students are not aware that they're being secretly helped by terrorists.
How can you be in cahoots with somebody when you are not actively working with them and don't even know that you are being helped?
Old 2014-06-29, 02:59   Link #39
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
isn't that normal in all anime that have manga/LN?
(just tell me one anime topic that have manga/LN as sources without that )
Old 2014-06-29, 03:15   Link #40
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

From what I saw since I'm here, Mahouka and Mekaku City actors are god tiers in spoiling the content of the original or explaining everything to anime viewers to prove they're wrong to be bored/confused.