AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2016-07-10, 10:56   Link #21
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
^Point remains.
You can't even make one, never mind speaking of having something remain.

Anyway, if you think that the nonsense you've written above stands as proper argument, there's no point in my continuing to reply to you.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 11:20   Link #22
kitten320

^Neither is there for me cause you are too blinded by sunshine to see explicit copying like whole hand reaching scene.
Old 2016-07-10, 14:38   Link #23
Nork22

Quote:
FMA and Arslan have very similar designs but stories have nothing in common apart from some area names. That's being creative. Granted they are set in different time lines but there are still so many ways you could make Arslan like FMA. It wasn't.
FMA and Arslan's stories are not even considered sequels/spinoff so I don't see how this is relevant. Hell it's written by different authors. You might as well argue that Silver Spoon has similar looking characters to FMA and Arslan.

Quote:
Especially when I can grab screen shots from both series to show exactly same set up.
This I would love to see.

Last edited by Nork22; 2016-07-10 at 17:16.
Nork22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 11:38   Link #24
AP24

The original series had alpaca so what about Sunshine? Is it walrus?

AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 23:54   Link #25
dragon1412

as far as it goes, in general voice, i'd say AQ is a little bit better than Muse in general, though not at a noticable level. Song wise, may be because AQ is new and i listen to Muse's song for quite long, i'd stand for Muse being better song.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-14, 08:37   Link #26
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Here's something that you should pay attention. If you compare the character changes before they got their own show, I'd say that µ's has more changes of their character compared to Aqours so far. Looking back in 2010 and before their TV anime debut in Winter 2012 (or January 2013), µ's felt different that they're not the same between the anime and other media beforehand.

Meanwhile, Aqours had little changes as they still have their quirks such as Dia Kurosawa's pride and OCD tendencies, Yoshiko Tsushima's chuuni behavior, You Watanabe's athleticism, and Chika Takami's fandom of µ's. While there's some additions to the anime such as Dia being a hardcore µ's fan, You-chan being a costume designer, and Riko Sakurauchi having musical talent despite being a normal girl, I wish Aqours retained their quirks of their character. Heck, I wanna see Mari Ohara's cloudcuckoolander personality in the anime!

Now anyone of you think that there's similarities between Aqours and µ's such as shyness for both Ruby Kurosawa and Hanayo Koizumi, Dia Kurosawa and Eli Ayase being the president, both groups are different.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-14, 09:33   Link #27
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
While there's some additions to the anime such as Dia being a hardcore µ's fan, You-chan being a costume designer, and Riko Sakurauchi having musical talent despite being a normal girl, I wish Aqours retained their quirks of their character.
Dia's being a hardcore fan is surely new, but You being a costume designer is not really something anime added first. It was revealed in SIF. As for Riko, that information was out for a year.

It's just that it was thought that Mari is composer for Aqours.
Old 2016-07-14, 20:57   Link #28
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

@R.LocK
Hmm, I don't have any idea that Riko is a pianist way before the anime or even the manga. I read one of the earlier chapters of the manga and Riko has no indication of having musical talent.

Regardless, Aqours has subtle changes which I like best compared to µ's and its drastic overhaul of its characters.
Old 2016-07-15, 03:30   Link #29
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
@R.LocK
Hmm, I don't have any idea that Riko is a pianist way before the anime or even the manga. I read one of the earlier chapters of the manga and Riko has no indication of having musical talent.
It was in her official profile under the skills, though. Just like violin.
Old 2016-07-15, 04:03   Link #30
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
1. If they wanted to make it different, they could for one make less members. There is no solid rule that idols need 9 members to be admitted.

2. MC is a 2nd year... again! Why not make her a first year? Or 3rd year? And why is this MC an airhead too? Is it that hard to make her act differently? Oh and she also has 2 good friends! Why not stick with one? Well I guess it's only 1 childhood friend here.

3. MC is inspired by idol group and struggles to start her own. Why not make it other way around? The group is there but MC is not good enough so she works hard to become a member. Or something along those lines. Not that hard to make different story line, is it? But nah, let's follow exactly same formula one more time. It's like A-Rise had the only school where idol group clubs were a norm.

4. A foreigner... do we really need another foreigner? I don't care if her language is broken or she acts differently, the initial set up is still the same. She is a half foreigner like Eri and blonde at that.

5. A school president who is against idol group and is the main antagonist who later, SURPRISE!, joins the group.

6. A character who keeps repeating "weird" word aka "horsho" and now "Zura". At least in Eri's case she was using her native language's word that had meaning.

7. And squishy voices? Ruby sounds exactly like Hanayo. And Yohane is quiet similar to Nico who also had flashy personality who could go between cute/adorable to crazy. Personality switch. Nothing new.
1. Maybe because the LL contest really requires 9 members per group?

2. First years have difficulties adjusting to their new school while third years have to focus on graduation, so not much extra-curricular activities from both. Hence your second year MC who doesn't have to deal with those things, thus more extra-curriculars.

3. At least Chika struggles hard to form a group because asides from You who can only really give moral and wardrobe support, she really stands alone against all these obstacles standing in her way. Honoka didn't have to struggle as much because she had friends who got her back. While we can use a "MC struggling for a spot in an established idol group" plot, it pops up some red flags considering how much controversy there is in RL idol groups these days.

4. Why not a foreigner? Though she doesn't always have to be blonde, even a red hair brunette will do, it's not really that hard to differentiate a fiery red-haired Japanese girl or a rose-haired shy Japanese girl from a red-haired foreigner.

And instead of the usual suspects like the Americans, Russians and the Western Europeans (British, French, German, Italian, etc.), how about the more exotic ones like the Nordics (Finns, Swedes, Norwegians, Flemish, and Danes), Eastern Europeans (Hungarians, Bulgarians, Polish, Serbian, Croatian, Slovenian, Bosnian, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, etc.), Latin Americans (Brazilians, Venezuelans, Argentinians, etc.), Africans (not just white Boers of South Africa, but any of the black African tribes), and other Asians (Chinese though they are prominent in anime anyways, Taiwanese, Koreans, Filipinas, Thais, Vietnamese, etc.) ?

5. Nothing wrong with that, but it can be better if there are no representatives from the student council and the latter could just approve idol clubs right away instead of evoking a passive-aggressive response.

6. Nothing wrong with that, but Hanamaru really reminds me of a certain popular Yo-Kai.

7. Less squeaky voices now because the seiyuu in Aquors are real teens, unlike in Muse where some of the seiyuu are actually old women who have to really squeeze in their voices just to sound teenish.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2016-07-16 at 12:58.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-15, 04:35   Link #31
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
1. Maybe because the LL contest really requires 9 members per group?
I'll only chime in here. You are not required to have 9 members to participate. A-RISE had 3 members, Midnight Cats had only 2.
Old 2016-07-15, 04:41   Link #32
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
7. Less squeaky voices now because the seiyuu in Aquors are real teens, unlike in Muse where some of the seiyuu are actually old women who have to really squeeze in their voices just to sound teenish.
Come to think of it, I wonder who is the oldest and youngest member for both µ's and Aqours? As far as I remember, Yoshino Nanjou is the oldest member for µ's.
Old 2016-07-15, 04:58   Link #33
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Come to think of it, I wonder who is the oldest and youngest member for both µ's and Aqours? As far as I remember, Yoshino Nanjou is the oldest member for µ's.
Aqours: Inami Anju is the youngest, Aida Rikako is the oldest.

Shuu-chan and Furirin didn't reveal their actual age, though.

Rippi is the youngest for Muse.
Old 2016-07-15, 14:53   Link #34
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Aqours: Inami Anju is the youngest, Aida Rikako is the oldest.

Shuu-chan and Furirin didn't reveal their actual age, though.

Rippi is the youngest for Muse.
Adding to it, the age difference with muse seiyuus is 7 years while Aqours is like 4 years.
Old 2016-07-16, 22:50   Link #35
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

@Nork22
Basically, Aqours are somewhat young compared to µ's. I think Lantis did a good job of selecting newcomers as they want a fresh start to the franchise. Maybe they'll continue the trend with a new group five years from now.

Anyways, those who've watched Episode 3 of Love Live! Sunshine!! will have some similarities with Episode 3 when µ's did their first live, right down from the same camera angles. Of course, that episode where Aqours perform has some subversions.
Old 2016-07-24, 03:31   Link #36
AP24

Aqours signature phrase is "Sunshine!". I like µ's "Music Start!" better.
Old 2016-07-25, 07:07   Link #37
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

@AP24
Even though it's simple, it's better than having none of it!
Old 2016-07-25, 11:17   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Didn't notice this thread. After episode 4, the similarities between the old cast and the new one are fairly apparent. I would never go as far as to say the new girls are copies, but they play a similar role in the story. They're not even trying to hide it, and in fact are drawing parallels within the show.
  • Chika is Honoka. That one needs no explanation.
  • Dia is Eli. The student council president who opposes the MC at first and dislikes idols due to personal reasons related to her past.
  • Mari is Nozomi. The best friend of the student council president who nonetheless tries to help the MC. Wishes for her friend(s) to move on and join the group. Friendly personality and likes touching boobs
  • Ruby is Hanayo. A shy idol fan who wishes nothing more than to become one, but is initially reluctant to join until her best friend convinces her to do so.
  • Hanamaru is Rin. The best friend of Hanayo/Ruby who feels she isn't suited to be an idol herself because of her inferiority complex (related to her femininity for Rin, being a bookworm for Maru).
  • Riko is Maki. The musician of the group, and therefore the one responsible for composing the music. Initially vehemently declines joining the group.
  • You is either Umi or Kotori. The childhood friend of the MC and her main pillar of support.

No real clue about the remaining two. Yohane gives me a Nico vibe, the arrogant girl whose antics tend to be ignored by her peers, but her role in the show may be different.

As for Kanan, I feel like her role will be more unique.
Old 2016-07-26, 01:59   Link #39
Cerilla

^
Riko is hybrid between Umi and Maki. She seems as stright-laced as Umi. Needs more goofy face, tho

Personally I call her Red Umi that run three time faster than regular Umi.
Old 2016-07-26, 11:23   Link #40
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Didn't notice this thread. After episode 4, the similarities between the old cast and the new one are fairly apparent. I would never go as far as to say the new girls are copies, but they play a similar role in the story. They're not even trying to hide it, and in fact are drawing parallels within the show.
  • Chika is Honoka. That one needs no explanation.
  • Dia is Eli. The student council president who opposes the MC at first and dislikes idols due to personal reasons related to her past.
  • Mari is Nozomi. The best friend of the student council president who nonetheless tries to help the MC. Wishes for her friend(s) to move on and join the group. Friendly personality and likes touching boobs
  • Ruby is Hanayo. A shy idol fan who wishes nothing more than to become one, but is initially reluctant to join until her best friend convinces her to do so.
  • Hanamaru is Rin. The best friend of Hanayo/Ruby who feels she isn't suited to be an idol herself because of her inferiority complex (related to her femininity for Rin, being a bookworm for Maru).
  • Riko is Maki. The musician of the group, and therefore the one responsible for composing the music. Initially vehemently declines joining the group.
  • You is either Umi or Kotori. The childhood friend of the MC and her main pillar of support.

No real clue about the remaining two. Yohane gives me a Nico vibe, the arrogant girl whose antics tend to be ignored by her peers, but her role in the show may be different.

As for Kanan, I feel like her role will be more unique.
You is Kotori since they both handle the outfits and that close-up of You's face in the OP reminds you of Kotori. Kanan is Umi since she is also a childhood friend of Chika and she's the closest to the sea (Umi is Japanese for sea/ocean). Yoshiko is Nico because of the split personality.