AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-18, 14:22   Link #21
Echizen777

He has been aroused and mostly disturbed because the girl was his sister. About his friends I was saying he cares about them more, read the part about Leo's condition in vol 10 and how he even chose meals for his 2 female friends while they were absent. His brotherly love for Miyuki is the same since 11 years, nothing changed.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 14:30   Link #22
hchan94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
He has been aroused and mostly disturbed because the girl was his sister. About his friends I was saying he cares about them more, read the part about Leo's condition in vol 10 and how he even chose meals for his 2 female friends while they were absent. His brotherly love for Miyuki is the same since 11 years, nothing changed.
but as i said even if its brotherly love if he gains emotions back as the story progresses he'll eventually be able to see Miyuki as a woman not just his sister and if you gain stronger emotions for friends its going to be applied to all those around you at the same time. So yeah Masaki loses either way and thats good because he needs to get away from them as his presence may create great humor because how he gets played by the siblings but its annoying because he gets in their way of alone time. Btw he wasnt disturbed he as embarrassed thats way 2 different feelings.
hchan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 14:53   Link #23
hchan94

In the end Tatsuya can end up with anyone as long as his intimacy with Miyuki maintains. Id prefer Tatsuya x Miyuki or Tatsuya x Mayumi but i doubt he'd end up with Mayumi. Disregarding the age difference marrying into the ten clan family is just going to disturb the peace he wanted to have with Miyuki. Even if he marries some other girl most of his attention is going to be directed towards Miyuki anyways which will only hurt the other girls. Also masaki needs to stay away from Miyuki. His delusions and misinterpretations is really annoying. He constantly disturbs their alone time by trying to make his presence known to Miyuki who doesn't even care about him. Maybe only a friend level but it'll never reach beyond that point regardless what he does. Also if he takes the wrong move his standing as mere friends or acquaintances will disappear. Therefore he has no chance at all and should stay far away from the 2 or just stick to being a friend and stop being delusional and wanting anything further because it ain't happening.

I sound like i hate him cause i do. I commend that he's strong no doubt about that however he can't read the mood,his random interruptions between the sibling and his persistence in some delusional future is annoying as hell.
Old 2014-05-18, 15:11   Link #24
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchan94 View Post
but as i said even if its brotherly love if he gains emotions back as the story progresses he'll eventually be able to see Miyuki as a woman not just his sister and if you gain stronger emotions for friends its going to be applied to all those around you at the same time. So yeah Masaki loses either way and thats good because he needs to get away from them as his presence may create great humor because how he gets played by the siblings but its annoying because he gets in their way of alone time. Btw he wasnt disturbed he as embarrassed thats way 2 different feelings.
A brother doesn't see his sister as a woman. At this point you'd have to tell me how he could possibly have incestuous feelings for her. Instead the other girls are already women for him so it would just mean he could possibly fall for one. Even if you tell me that women like Miyuki are his type he would choose Honoka then. Miyuki isn't a possible love interest in his mind. Because, she is his sister of course. At least if he had not been forced to love her to that extent it could have been possible because she was just a pretty girl by default before this event.

Last edited by LKK; 2014-05-19 at 10:07.
Old 2014-05-18, 16:13   Link #25
hchan94

O_o wth a brother can see his sister as a woman and have incestuous feelings for her. Anyone can see anyone as a love interest and have feelings for them... thats have we have homosexuals... All the other girls are women but they're nothing more than friends he prioritizes Miyuki over everyone else although he does help them Miyuki always comes first. When you start to gain emotions and understand them the closes person to you can become a love interest... its like how friends going up and when they hit puberty they could end up falling in love with with someone close to them. He may only see her as his sister but anything can happen in love when you start feeling it and understand it. The more time you spend someone disregarding who they are the higher chance you can end up falling for them especially if they care for you so much. Its that time you spend with them and the intimacy during that time that can sway someone disregarding how they originally viewed you. Even if the end she is unable to sway him they will still be together no one else cant intrude cause one doesnt feel love to anyone but his sister and one only loves her brother. Its going to be the 2 of them in the end regardless romantic relationship or not. But incestual feelings can happen its just how much effort and time will it take for Miyuki to finally sway him is the question. As long as the 2 is together forever romantic or not its fine. Its not like anyone else will be in their eyes. Marriage with others isn't even possible as they only look at each other. So no offense but i doubt any of the other girls will have a chance.

Last edited by LKK; 2014-05-19 at 10:08.
Old 2014-05-18, 16:50   Link #26
Echizen777

I am talking about common siblings realtionship here. Tatsuya's brain has been tampered so that he will have pure brotherly feelings and the desire to protect her. His feelings aren't love for a woman. He sees her as a sister but his brotherly not incestuous love is at the maximum. He lives with Miyuki for a long time, if she was able to make him fall for him, it would have happened already. I have a sister and no matter how long I am with her, I will never see her as a love interest. You are saying he could love her but if it becomes possible, it means he could love the other girls as well, right? He loves Miyuki that much because she is her sister. If he becomes able to love a woman Miyuki will lose her "advantage".
Old 2014-05-18, 17:07   Link #27
hchan94

Quote:
I am talking about common siblings realtionship here. Tatsuya's brain has been tampered so that he will have pure brotherly feelings and the desire to protect her. His feelings aren't love for a woman. He sees her as a sister but his brotherly not incestuous love is at the maximum. He lives with Miyuki for a long time, if she was able to make him fall for him, it would have happened already. I have a sister and no matter how long I am with her, I will never see her as a love interest. You are saying he could love her but if it becomes possible, it means he could love the other girls as well, right? He loves Miyuki that much because she is her sister. If he becomes able to love a woman Miyuki will lose her "advantage".
... ok if he becomes able to love Miyuki as a woman its possible he can love other girls too but Miyuki still has the advantage cause they live together, spend the most time together and live to protect each other in the end she still has the highest advantage. Did you forget that 3 years ago she treated like completely different. I doubt in those 3 years they were even together much because they were still in the Yotsuba household. Therefore they never spent much time together and she was still confused as to how to treat in and during her near death she finally started to see him as a brother and willing to give him everything. But they were still part of Yotsuba family during the 3 years so its impossible for her to being with him alone a lot and express her feelings. And incest doesnt happen to everyone. Is your sister openly affection to you like Miyuki is I doubt it. Are you in a intimacy that's just borderline siblings I doubt it. Are your ages that close to each other do you both attend the same school does she devote all her time to you? Do you devote all your time to her, is she everything to you? If no then obviously you wont be seeing your sister as a love interest. Add in the fact that Miyuki is a classified Yamato Nadeshiko. If your sibling relationship isnt as close as Miyuki's and Tatsuya obviously you won't see her as a woman.
Old 2014-05-18, 17:28   Link #28
Echizen777

HAHA that's it. My relation with my sister is normal. Miyuki loves him as a man, Tatsuya loves her as a normal brother. She has no chances, it's extremely one sided. Tatsuya spoils her because she is his beloved sister that he loves so much because of his mental problem. Honoka however is a friend, and just like his male and other female friends, they became closer by volumes, it's just that he can't see them as special women.

Ophis: The holes were microscopic and only 4 managed to bypass it. Miyuki's cold wind is formed by magic so by preventing event modification, you are protected. Parade is even better than DF.
Old 2014-05-18, 17:40   Link #29
hchan94

Quote:
HAHA that's it. My relation with my sister is normal. Miyuki loves him as a man, Tatsuya loves her as a normal brother. She has no chances, it's extremely one sided. Tatsuya spoils her because she is his beloved sister that he loves so much because of his mental problem. Honoka however is a friend, and just like his male and other female friends, they became closer by volumes, it's just that he can't see them as special women.

Ophis: The holes were microscopic and only 4 managed to bypass it. Miyuki's cold wind is formed by magic so by preventing event modification, you are protected. Parade is even better than DF.
Its one sided but that one sided persistence love over time can probably move him... Especially since they spent all that time together. You clearly dont understand what time and effort does to a person even if the feeling is one sided... therefore this argument is beyond pointless with you. Miyuki's chances are still higher than any of the other girls in the series but i guess you just don't see it. Their sibling love can happen given enough time and effort Miyuki puts into it where as all the other girls have close to no chance. Their chance only comes until he becomes able to see his sister as a woman and love interest because then he would be able to love the other girls but given how much time they will probably keep spending together she still has the highest chance.
Old 2014-05-19, 02:17   Link #30
Echizen777

[OnQUOTE=hchan94;5124487]Its one sided but that one sided persistence love over time can probably move him... Especially since they spent all that time together. You clearly dont understand what time and effort does to a person even if the feeling is one sided... therefore this argument is beyond pointless with you. Miyuki's chances are still higher than any of the other girls in the series but i guess you just don't see it. Their sibling love can happen given enough time and effort Miyuki puts into it where as all the other girls have close to no chance. Their chance only comes until he becomes able to see his sister as a woman and love interest because then he would be able to love the other girls but given how much time they will probably keep spending together she still has the highest chance.[/QUOTE]
If time was all was needed more than half of the couples on this planet would be siblings couple. You say probably move him, in this case why did he rejected Honoka? He is moved and pained because he can't love her and she was the only one with the gut to make a declaration. And don't say their siblings love. Miyuki has no siblings love for him. Tatsuya loves her as a sister since 11 years, he isn't gpingg tp see her as a woman because of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
The size of the holes was the intended result. I don't get what you're getting at.

DF prevents your Eidos of being altered by magic, it does not prevent you from receiving magical attacks.

Vol 9 Chapter 7

Tatsuya himself said that area effect magic would had work.
She asked him if he could have not locate her and attack and he responded thay he can't use. AOE magic. Tatsuya didn't even locate her. He used a non magical attack to hit the true body. It was said that her Parade can even stay under Miyuki's ZI. This is another proof that AOE don't necesarily work. True AOE can be good if you attack in an area where the dummy and the true body are located but thz attack power will decide everything. DF is the classic CM, magic attacks work by altery the information body of the target. To prevent it, you use DF and you are safe but it's useless against normal attacks. Tatsuya's magic worked perfectly against Blanche. Against Lina 2 were nullified and 4 stuck to her limbs until they managed to dig microscopic holes. Had it worked perfectly, she would have lost consciousness nonetheless.
Old 2014-05-19, 02:52   Link #31
Seitsuki
Onee!

By your logic since LNs are such realistic portrayals of relationships, we should have a few harem kings and the vast majority of everyone else forever alone too

Face it, Japan's fetish for siblings is a thing and it's as much a viable route as the rest.
Old 2014-05-19, 02:56   Link #32
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
By your logic since LNs are such realistic portrayals of relationships, we should have a few harem kings and the vast majority of everyone else forever alone too

Face it, Japan's fetish for siblings is a thing and it's as much a viable route as the rest.
This is a bit OT but why are harems, comedies, and ecchi so common in LNs? Are most of the popular LNs in japan full of these?
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 04:12   Link #33
amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
This is a bit OT but why are harems, comedies, and ecchi so common in LNs? Are most of the popular LNs in japan full of these?
and why harem end are so unpopular?
what's the point of a harem if you know from the start wich girl the mc is going to choose:there's no even suspence
amigos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 04:20   Link #34
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigos View Post
and why harem end are so unpopular?
what's the point of a harem if you know from the start wich girl the mc is going to choose:there's no even suspence
?? Idk what you're trying to say

We don't know who Tatsuya will marry. And I dont really consider his group a harem
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 05:29   Link #35
amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
?? Idk what you're trying to say

We don't know who Tatsuya will marry. And I dont really consider his group a harem
i was just ranting about LN labelled as "harem",but i guess i was off-topic,sorry.
amigos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 05:38   Link #36
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post

You are right but in Mahouka it is portrayed realistically. It's not even that I am against incest. It's thaat their relation is so strong because it was provoked by his clan. Tatsuya'ssituation is easy to understand. His soul is broken, his feelings for her are the only normal ones that he has so he is overprotective and he will destroy you if you threaten her life. He will protect her wether if she loves him or hates him. She could decide to go out with someone he would just accept it as long as it's what she wants. He can't fall in love with someone. He is comdemned to stay like that.

But Miyuki...from what she was younger she is now obsessed with him. All her thoughts are about him, she wants to be with him everywhere, anytime, hates all men but him, is such a Yamato Nadeshiko because he likes refined people(I am not saying that she woulddn't be one anyway but she is overdoing it). That's not cute for me, that's creepy, even Tatsuya doesn't know this side of her. And when you add that she is angry just when Tatsuya is friendly just when he is friendly or compliments other girls, even when the girls are just joking and that Tatsuya must stom or soothe her for that, just so that she will be happy... No, I can never support this pairing just because they have some lovely moments. Tatsuya does all this acting like a brother, he doesn't know how she feels really. He will always pather her head and embrace her, nothing more.
Old 2014-05-19, 06:14   Link #37
fujin of shadows

Quote:
You are right but in Mahouka it is portrayed realistically. It's not even that I am against incest. It's thaat their relation is so strong because it was provoked by his clan. Tatsuya'ssituation is easy to understand. His soul is broken, his feelings for her are the only normal ones that he has so he is overprotective and he will destroy you if you threaten her life. He will protect her wether if she loves him or hates him. She could decide to go out with someone he would just accept it as long as it's what she wants. He can't fall in love with someone. He is comdemned to stay like that.

But Miyuki...from what she was younger she is now obsessed with him. All her thoughts are about him, she wants to be with him everywhere, anytime, hates all men but him, is such a Yamato Nadeshiko because he likes refined people(I am not saying that she woulddn't be one anyway but she is overdoing it). That's not cute for me, that's creepy, even Tatsuya doesn't know this side of her. And when you add that she is angry just when Tatsuya is friendly just when he is friendly or compliments other girls, even when the girls are just joking and that Tatsuya must stom or soothe her for that, just so that she will be happy... No, I can never support this pairing just because they have some lovely moments. Tatsuya does all this acting like a brother, he doesn't know how she feels really. He will always pather her head and embrace her, nothing more.
You already said it yourself that Tatsuya can never fall in love with another woman. That regardless of what those girls do, Tatsuya would never look at them beyond friendship and also that Tatsuya would not hesitate to do away with them if they ever become a threat to Miyuki.

There in lies the backbone of why Tatsuya and Miyuki is the most feasible couple in Mahouka.

Anyone who falls in love with Tatsuya would end up heartbroken because regardless of what they do and what they offer, Miyuki would always be his priority. No woman would like to be second place, especially in the hearts of the person they love.

Now in Miyuki's case, I admit that yes, she often times act like a jealous wife whenever Tatsuya shows affection towards another, but don't you think, that in a way, this is her way of preventing her brother from breaking their heart?

Miyuki knows that Tatsuya would prioritize her for the rest of his life. Even if Miyuki would let Tatsuya go, Tatsuya would never live her side. If Tatsuya ever takes a wife, Miyuki know that person would live a life of misery due to Tatsuya's inability to give his entirety to that person.

It would be a nightmare for a woman to know that her husband would never belong to her entirely. Any woman that would marry Tatsuya would undoubtedly have that fate.

Except if That woman's name is Shiba Miyuki.

I think the author gave Miyuki the attitude of a jealous wife whenever Tatsuya shows affection to another woman as a safety net for the other female characters. With Miyuki acting the way she is, it would prevent other girls from delving into a relationship that would undoubtedly lead to a broken heart.

With all the elements that the author presents, Tatsuya and Miyuki as a couple is the most logical pair in the series.

P.S. Hey, admin, this isn't technically a shipping war, this is a discussion about the chemistry and the relationship of Tatsuya and Miyuki.....So can you please not erase this?
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 07:35   Link #38
hchan94

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
You already said it yourself that Tatsuya can never fall in love with another woman. That regardless of what those girls do, Tatsuya would never look at them beyond friendship and also that Tatsuya would not hesitate to do away with them if they ever become a threat to Miyuki.

There in lies the backbone of why Tatsuya and Miyuki is the most feasible couple in Mahouka.

Anyone who falls in love with Tatsuya would end up heartbroken because regardless of what they do and what they offer, Miyuki would always be his priority. No woman would like to be second place, especially in the hearts of the person they love.

Now in Miyuki's case, I admit that yes, she often times act like a jealous wife whenever Tatsuya shows affection towards another, but don't you think, that in a way, this is her way of preventing her brother from breaking their heart?

Miyuki knows that Tatsuya would prioritize her for the rest of his life. Even if Miyuki would let Tatsuya go, Tatsuya would never live her side. If Tatsuya ever takes a wife, Miyuki know that person would live a life of misery due to Tatsuya's inability to give his entirety to that person.

It would be a nightmare for a woman to know that her husband would never belong to her entirely. Any woman that would marry Tatsuya would undoubtedly have that fate.

Except if That woman's name is Shiba Miyuki.

I think the author gave Miyuki the attitude of a jealous wife whenever Tatsuya shows affection to another woman as a safety net for the other female characters. With Miyuki acting the way she is, it would prevent other girls from delving into a relationship that would undoubtedly lead to a broken heart.

With all the elements that the author presents, Tatsuya and Miyuki as a couple is the most logical pair in the series.

P.S. Hey, admin, this isn't technically a shipping war, this is a discussion about the chemistry and the relationship of Tatsuya and Miyuki.....So can you please not erase this?
Yes everyone you said is so true and finally someone who understands that it only makes sense as a couple x.x
Old 2014-05-19, 13:15   Link #39
millie10468

I'm not saying Miyuki will undoubtedly end up with Tatsuya but I simply don't see how the status quo can ever change even if we assume Tatsuya will somehow regain his emotions. Unlike people who think Tatsuya will be able to love someone other than Miyuki if he regains his emotions, I think Miyuki will always be his priority. Taking that part of him that depends solely on his intense feelings for Miyuki away will not erase what she's been and will always be to him. He's not going to be memory wiped after all. Therefore, I'm firmly of the opinion that regardless of whether or not he gets some more emotions back, the series will either end with him and Miyuki together, either platonically or not, or one of them will die and the other will have to be put down or something.

For all that people hate Miyuki or hate that Tatsuya is irrevocably tied to her, the series doesn't work as well without that troubling element and to wish otherwise undermines the whole series, I think.

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 20:23   Link #40
hchan94

Quote:
When Tatsuya will learn to love I think Miyuki will go Yandere and try to kill his harem, starting by Honoka.
. Her potential as a Yandere must not be wasted, don't you agree?

I hated Miyuki in the first volumes and started to like her in the latter arcs. Still, her thoughts are boring to read and the brocon moments repetitive, her jealousy is extremely irritating, she is much better when she isn't interacting with Tatsuya. Something need to happen so that her character will reset and become Reminiscence Miyuki.
...Where the you get the info of her going to kill off his harem starting with Honoka. Stop making stuff up sure she doesn't like her brother being close to other girls but she's not going to go as far as to actually kill them since she also considers them friends...