Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-08-11, 16:14   Link #21
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassGSnewtype View Post
Amanda sounds like I thought she would
Her Anime design seems more close to the Light Novel one, compared to Manga (would have preferred the Manga one).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-11, 17:24   Link #22
ramlaen

It combines the armor of the LN with the exposed skin of the manga, I think it's a good compromise.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-28, 18:48   Link #23
Tenzen12

First episode was Smartphone level bad. Half of episode was spend on grinding most generic skills while trying keep attention with flaworless monologues. Well, I have enough time to kill give few more episode try.
Old 2022-09-29, 03:54   Link #24
kari-no-sugata II

Yeah, the start is quite heavy on skill dumps. Not the most interesting beginning.

There's still going to be some of that going forward but overall style should shift at least somewhat, possibly significantly.

Badass stoic kitty FTW
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-29, 05:59   Link #25
The Green One

Ah this will be fun. It's not going to be for everyone but hey I enjoyed it and that's enough for me.
Old 2022-09-29, 12:30   Link #26
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 08:20.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-29, 13:42   Link #27
SentryD

I enjoyed it. There were some surprisingly cruel moments.
SentryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-30, 11:44   Link #28
Greenish Growth

Seeing Fran wielding an oversized sword brought back memories of Mikoto from Mai Hime.

I'm glad that the beginning part went by fast compared to the web novel. I guess the light novel improved the flow so it didn't drag so much?
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-01, 20:47   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I liked the first episode. It does get a lot of necessary "isekai" stuff out of the way. Like the MC being ok with killing. Can just rationalize it as being because he was reincarnated as a weapon. So killing and slicing is kind of part of the package. Might actually be a helpful thing if he was influenced that way. I know cutting people apart with my own body would be disturbing as could be otherwise. Even had the poor guy get dropped into this mess with next to zero explanation. Whatever deity was behind this really didn't care.

The sword's training arc was fine, but the show really only got me when Fran and Master met up . The dynamic felt right and it was just satisfying seeing this girl that had been through so much getting to stand up for herself at last. And very satisfying having the sword just smoke that guy. He could stop her...but couldn't do much against the sword! Plus just fun seeing this girl wielding a sword that's absolutely too big. And it's even more fun having him quickly reach the meme of "I've only known Fran for a day and a half, but if anything happened to her, I would kill everyone in this room and then myself."
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
The girl is cute .

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2022-10-01 at 22:49.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-03, 04:30   Link #30
magnuskn

Yeah, it kinda "meh'd" me. The "I need to evolve!" concept pretty much leaves me cold as did spending half the episode on Mr. Sword leveling up.

Buuuuut... I like catgirls, so another two episodes to see if it picks up.
Old 2022-10-03, 19:46   Link #31
Dark Wing

I like this...I really like this. I don't know if anyone else noticed but all the monsters we've seen so far seems to have been hand drawn 2D. Which is wow I hope they keep that up.

The second half of the episode also went hard on the music and action. If those few minutes are any indication of what's to come. Dare I say Reincarnated as a Sword might be the dark horse of this season. At least for me.
Old 2022-10-05, 06:31   Link #32
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
www.ebookjapan.jp has the first three volumes of the manga up for free (but not for much longer), so I read all three………and loved it so much I bought all 12 available volumes and loved it even more. Fran is easily my favorite character of the season, and she’s not even the MC, but she does get tons of focus. Looking at how bloody the first episode was I look forward to seeing several of my favorite scenes in full animated glory, and I’m pretty sure they’ll be animated because the trailer has quotes from them.
With the major exposition out of the way (though of course there will always still be exposition), I think people will be very pleased with how strong a character Fran becomes.
Old 2022-10-05, 13:01   Link #33
Dark Wing

Damn Fran my girl you savage...
Old 2022-10-05, 13:35   Link #34
Xical
Phantom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
www.ebookjapan.jp has the first three volumes of the manga up for free (but not for much longer), so I read all three………and loved it so much I bought all 12 available volumes and loved it even more. Fran is easily my favorite character of the season, and she’s not even the MC, but she does get tons of focus. Looking at how bloody the first episode was I look forward to seeing several of my favorite scenes in full animated glory, and I’m pretty sure they’ll be animated because the trailer has quotes from them.
With the major exposition out of the way (though of course there will always still be exposition), I think people will be very pleased with how strong a character Fran becomes.
Now you only need the LNs to show your love to Fran ans Shisho
Old 2022-10-05, 17:50   Link #35
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
No, it wouldn't work that way, its' like this because MC brought in his own otherworlder mindset.
That's not a good thing. Tedious genre-consciousness of Japanese Isekai protagonist only identifies story as another tedious generic light novel, that's ashamed of it and should be. RPG mechanics are absolute poison, the sword is being as boorish and perverted as a talking sword can be, and two eyes on his guard look very silly - even one eye would be better. Referring to goblins as meatsacks for crystals and mindlessly slaughtering monsters for XP is questionable in an RPG and unconscionable in a serious story.

Thankfully the sword isn't all there is to this anime, but his levelling could have been omitted as helpfully as his Isekai origin, or related in a single line, while the story led with Fran's much more significant origin story. Cute as she is, she sounds distressing like she's here to wield the sword, listen to any rubbish it has to say, look cute, and not a lot else. As in Shield Hero and others, you can't have a strong woman without a man to save them from degrading enslavement and superficially empower them.

This is only the first episode, so things may get considerably better. Though I can predict that future eps will see Fran put down by a lot more fantastic racism, and only given agency by a sword that thinks she's hot.

Last edited by Ghostfriendly; 2022-10-05 at 19:09.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-05, 17:57   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep2:
Old 2022-10-05, 18:59   Link #37
The Green One

We got our first look at Fran's bloodthirsty side today and oh what fun it is. It's good seeing that Fran can carry herself and isn't just simply her Teacher's sockpuppet.

Her personality is fun as well, I have a feeling Fran's antics alone will carry this show for me.
Old 2022-10-05, 20:52   Link #38
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
As in Shield Hero and others, you can't have a strong woman without a man to save them from degrading enslavement and superficially empower them.

This is only the first episode, so things may get considerably better. Though I can predict that future eps will see Fran put down by a lot more fantastic racism, and only given agency by a sword that thinks she's hot.
There are such cases. I can very much say Tenken isn’t one of them.

Such racism turns into great satisfaction when it’s the one being discriminated against who squashes the discriminators like in episode 2. And bro, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet.
And no, Teach is Sword Dad, not Sword Lolicon. He dotes on her and her cuteness like any adoring anime dad does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Definitely enjoyed the second episode even more. Now that these two are together the fun times are rolling in. And it does a nice job setting Fran up as not simply being carried by the sword. No question his skills and boosts are making the difference since otherwise...yeah she'd still be a slave. But she has the instincts, creativity, and guts to make the most of what she now has at her disposal.
Teach is giving her significant stat boosts and skills, but indeed, it’s still Fran who uses those stat boosts and skills, and she’s already showing us just how well she uses them. As he said himself, he’s going to make her stronger, not do the fighting for her. Just like you’d equip any rare/legendary weapon in an RPG to make you stronger but it doesn’t fight for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
We got our first look at Fran's bloodthirsty side today and oh what fun it is. It's good seeing that Fran can carry herself and isn't just simply her Teacher's sockpuppet.

Her personality is fun as well, I have a feeling Fran's antics alone will carry this show for me.
She certainly does for me. My favorite scenes are all ones where she’s center stage.

People thought Teach would be carrying her, but instead she’s carrying the show. (Not saying Teach or other characters are boring or stupid, but Fran is the MVP)
Old 2022-10-05, 23:54   Link #39
Marina2

Ep.2

This show got some nice, good looking action scenes.

It's so enjoyable to see a cat girl with a giant sword killed everything
Old 2022-10-06, 03:01   Link #40
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
There are such cases. I can very much say Tenken isn’t one of them.

Such racism turns into great satisfaction when it’s the one being discriminated against who squashes the discriminators like in episode 2. And bro, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet.
And no, Teach is Sword Dad, not Sword Lolicon. He dotes on her and her cuteness like any adoring anime dad does.

People thought Teach would be carrying her, but instead she’s carrying the show. (Not saying Teach or other characters are boring or stupid, but Fran is the MVP)
It's better than Shield Hero, but still a superficial and gratuitous solution to racism enacted by an external 'liberator'. Fran doesn't have Raphtalia and Swordmaiden's fatal problems, but she needs some positives as well, and I'm afraid three times as many as a character who didn't have to share a show and a role with a cursed sword.

If the second episode gives Fran an inward life of her own, complex motivations and relationships, well and good. Tactical ability isn't character, however, as Chihaya Gunzou and Kaizuka Inaho amply demonstrate.

Last edited by Ghostfriendly; 2022-10-06 at 03:30.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote