AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-10-15, 10:14   Link #21
Frontier

It's time for the festival episode! And Uzaki is all hyped up to spend it with Sakurai! Except...he's not going !

You know, I can actually relate to wanting to ditch the festival to just play video games...and it could lead to more alone time for Uzaki and Sakurai, so it could work out surprisingly well! But Sakaki, stressed out as he is helping with the festival, knows the perfect way to get these two involved in the festival. Give them a chance to win a new gaming console! No gamer could resist .

Shocked Cat! Shocked Cat mascot! Shocked Cat fortune !

The pair seem to be having a really fun time at the festival! And Sakaki called it, it's basically a date .

I love how you can tell that the occult members are all women because their busts are still prominently displayed in their cloaks .

I mean, of course you would go to a fortune telling booth in a school festival to get romance fortunes! Why else would there be so many women and people snickering at an actual couple being in line? And unsurprisingly the pairs' fortune is they are 100% compatible and a perfect couple, with Ito basically summing up everything everyone is thinking about these two. I also love how the occult club members forced them into it but then Ito is the one they have hold back .

I knew I heard Ayana Taketasu's voice among all the other occult girls! No surprise Sakaki roped in Ami so she could enjoy the great SakuraixUzaki moments...even if she completely wrote Sakaki off for dead because he was so overworked. They may be kind of sort of allies in the "get Sakurai and Uzaki together and enjoy it" team, but they're also not friend friends .

Sakurai doesn't know what to think about the fortune reading, and Uzaki tries to downplay it, but the bright and beautiful smile on her face says everything !

So Sakurai's trying not to think too deeply about it, but Uzaki is on cloud 9. Because it means Senpai needs her! And probably likes her! And absolutely needs her in his life! Just short of actually realizing she thinks that way because she wants to desperately be with him, but despite their personal self-actualizations about the fortune, the two are more self-conscious around each other when their hands touch .
Old 2022-10-15, 18:01   Link #22
grecefar

sakaki is the best wingman, to go that far just to set a date like that... he deserves a medal.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-15, 18:15   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I knew I heard Ayana Taketasu's voice among all the other occult girls! No surprise Sakaki roped in Ami so she could enjoy the great SakuraixUzaki moments...even if she completely wrote Sakaki off for dead because he was so overworked. They may be kind of sort of allies in the "get Sakurai and Uzaki together and enjoy it" team, but they're also not friend friends .
I heard her too and I thought "of course she's there, she wouldn't miss this".

It was an enjoyable episode. Definitely would have done the same thing Sakurai was planning to do. In fact, I've missed actual school days to play video games on release (my most vivid memory is of MGS3). I didn't have a cute kouhai to go on date with though.

Uzaki realizing she loves Sakurai will probably be on hold until the end of the season. I don't know why these girls are always so oblivious about their own feelings... It's not like things would change much if they dated since they're doing everything lovers do besides lewd stuff.
Old 2022-10-15, 19:17   Link #24
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Uzaki realizing she loves Sakurai will probably be on hold until the end of the season. I don't know why these girls are always so oblivious about their own feelings... It's not like things would change much if they dated since they're doing everything lovers do besides lewd stuff.
I mean, she's declaring he outright needs her to live. It's like she's done everything but admit she loves him herself .
Old 2022-10-15, 20:50   Link #25
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that a big brain move on Sakaki part getting both of those two to go to the festival

That was some weird fortune telling there
Old 2022-10-15, 21:32   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly it is pretty fitting for Ami to be so busy sticking it to Sakaki (in her monologue) that she lost track of the couple she came there to observe . I suppose it was a win enough that she got to see that love fortune told in real time.

These two are definitely awkward. I didn't imagine Uzaki would have such a weird and warped interpretation of that fortune telling. Well things are definitely still moving in a good direction.

Good plan there. It got those two participating and definitely helped push their relationship along. And honestly they do need a push every now and then.
Old 2022-10-22, 10:11   Link #27
Frontier

Uzaki in the bath! And showing off those Sugoi Dekai's for all to see! Although she's still in such a stupor over thinking Sakurai likes her that she needs her sister and mother to save her from drowning. Uzaki's got it bad .

Well, on the one hand, Uzaki is open that she thinks Sakurai likes her and is enjoying every minute of it...yet at the same time, it doesn't feel like the needle has moved that much forward, especially for all their relationship onlookers. Like, Uzaki's realized this but what is she going to do about it? And everyone (especially Ami) feels like they've wasted all their time when these two are no closer to the finish line .

Luckily Sakaki isn't going to give up and he has a means of instigating some more development...by making Uzaki question whether Sakurai really likes her and giving her a reality check that Sakurai might actually be surprisingly popular with women. Oh, and throwing Ami under the bus for the lecherous sexbeast that she is. Like, Ami loves her good looking men (and women)! Even her dad can't defend her .

"It-it's not like I like Sakurai-kun or anything!" Oh man, an Ayana Taketatsu character said the classic tsundere line. And Ami's not even supposed to be one of her tsundere characters. And better yet, Ami just keeps digging herself deeper .

Cooking with Mamazaki! You have to admire Sakura's persistence in trying to master cooking .

I love how Uzaki's delusion of Sakurai in a romantic nighttime rendezvous with a cute college girl gets interrupted by a Harem situation that includes some guys for some reason .

Tsuki should really stop watching dramas about married women with kids getting romanced by younger guys. It's just making it worse .

Of course it all comes full circle when Uzaki starts thinking her own mother is attracted to Sakurai. The Uzaki Family delusions have almost reached their apex, which I guess is the perfect time to get them all together in the next episode .
Old 2022-10-22, 15:35   Link #28
grecefar

lol uzaki suspecting her mother too, well that is a hit to reality. Saku is really popular.

Sakaki is MVP seriously he is the one moving things.
Old 2022-10-22, 18:17   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I am glad that everyone kind of rallied to put pressure on Uzaki. That she went all that time just being smug and giddy would definitely drive the people around her crazy. If she remains satisfied with declaring him liking her (which is admittedly true) and doesn't do anything else...what's going to happen? Pressure has to be applied to one or both or this agonizing status quo would be maintained and right before the darn goal!

Throwing Ami under the bus was hilarious. It was a necessity though. Uzaki needed something more than a theoretical threat to her casual victory. And showing off Ami's leering gaze definitely helped to sell it. I kind of feel bad for her, but it was a necessary sacrifice. Plus I always enjoy the banter between her and Sakaki anyways.

Perfect timing as well to further shake up Uzaki with him calling her mother by her first name while still calling Hana by her last name . It's not like she's entirely wrong to think something is going on there since Tsuki has gotten into her own head so severely that she does think Sakurai has his eyes on her .
Old 2022-10-22, 18:21   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sakaki is the best wingman one can ask for. Ami usually makes things worse with her antics.

Uzaki is now seriously thinking about Sakurai as a romantic interest. Well, starting to think. She isn't quite there yet.

I assumed Uzaki's sister was younger than her but she called her "Hana-chan" so I guess she's actually older? They're teasing us a lot with her.
Old 2022-10-22, 20:36   Link #31
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

More scheming coming from those Sakaki & Ami trying to get those Hana & Shinichi to hookup

Wow Tsuki really letting her imagination go wild
Old 2022-10-23, 18:39   Link #32
Chosen_Hero

Sakaki and the father throwing Ami under the bus to further the relationship is always great.

Can't wait for next episode to show the whole family, especially when the dad gets introduced.
Old 2022-10-25, 12:53   Link #33
HandofFate

didn't expect Hana's mom to show up as often as she does, but i find it very funny. Easy to see where Hana gets some of her qualities from
Old 2022-10-28, 06:37   Link #34
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 06:03.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-28, 10:53   Link #35
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Sugoi Dekai selfie .
Old 2022-10-28, 18:26   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sweater puppies, indeed.
Old 2022-10-29, 10:19   Link #37
Frontier

Uzaki is still in a bad mood from the ending of the last episode and the cafe staff are sure it's all Sakurai's fault...and then of course Tsuki walks in .

Ah, yeah, the classic "using another girls' first name instead of your main girl" dilemma. Although then they just force Sakurai to use everyone's first name just so he can finally get it out there. Also, nice to know Ami's dad is named Akihiko, I'd forgotten if that came up .

Man, Uzaki is enjoying Sakurai calling her Hana to the fullest! And then she turns it around on him for a critical hit by whispering his first name into his ear and then using it with various honorifics! Such romantic and comedic first name play !

I can only imagine what a conversation between Ami and Tsuki would end up like (that didn't involve having to help Ami live out her sexual fantasies) .

Sakaki's Sakk and Uzaki relationship sense are so strong he's able to pick them up all the way in Kansai .

I had so many gym training flashbacks watching Sakurai keep bench-pressing and Fujio making him keep going...

Turns out Sakurai's over-enthusiastic trainer is none other than the mysterious Uzaki Family patriarch...Fujio Uzaki! And he seems like a pretty nice dad, all things considered, but when he catches a whiff of his daughter with a man...things take a turn for the crazy .

So I see Uzaki Papa holding family meetings for the most nonsensical things is pretty common in this family. The topic today? Hana's boyfriend! Which basically turns into her family ribbing her for it and then ribbing the dad for treating this like a big deal .

Bringing it back to Kansai, seems like Fujio hails from there and his kids used to have accents, and Yanagi's the only one who still has it. But they're still Kansai at heart !

Uzaki gushing about Sakurai to her family and then admitting he's not her boyfriend was perfect...especially when her family turned from embarrassment to pure shock that she feels that way about a guy she's not even dating and has even gone to his house to spend time with/cooking for him...despite not dating him. Uzaki keeps writing it off that he just likes her, but anyone with eyes can see it goes the other way around too .

And in true Uzaki fashion it ends in misunderstandings and chaos, as Fujio is stuck between admiring and hating the mysterious boyfriend, Kiri is left emotionally broken that the hot college girl whose food he ate didn't exist, Tsuki is convinced again that Sakurai is after her, and Uzaki is showing off those naked Sugoi Dekai's while in the bath once more, still as unwilling to admit her feelings. And Yanagi's enjoying every minute it of it .
Old 2022-10-29, 18:48   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The first part was a very nice appetizer, but the real meat of the episode was the Uzaki family finally assembling. It's a bit of a shame the OP spoiled the dad's appearance because I doubt I would have figured it out otherwise. Speaking of which, he seems to have weak genes. All the kids look like their mother, though we haven't seen Yanagi's eyes.

The meeting was hilariously chaotic. I'm loving Fujio already, and I'm looking forward to his reaction when he finds out that really nice and earnest new kid at the gym is actually Hana's "boyfriend". One of his questions was how much the boyfriend could bench press, so Sakurai's cleared one hurdle already.

Yanagi seems to be the most level headed of the family. I could see her joining the Ami-Sakaki alliance, if she ever had the opportunity to interact with them.
Old 2022-10-29, 19:20   Link #39
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

The Uzaki family are a treasure. Just wow this family is great. Yanagi seems to be the only one that's really level-headed there and isn't trapped in some hilarious misunderstanding. But the whole group was a riot and I'm glad we got to see this family meeting in its full glory.

Good little moments mixed in there. Like Hana and Kiri ribbing each other over being short . Hana really getting embarrassed to the limit with so many details about what she's been doing coming out in the open. Even the bits like her and Sakurai not dating yet still being good material for the family to work through. Poor girl eventually having to retreat to the bath.

It is good though that she's being constantly pressed to admit her own feelings. Honestly until she can admit it to herself...there's only so much progress that can be made.
Old 2022-10-29, 19:25   Link #40
grecefar

All the family assambled, so much fun and hana's father telling her that she loves saku in her face, it was hilarious.