Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-06, 05:32   Link #21
ando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
I just need the dates for Round 2 and 3 matches and icons for each character to complete it.
The date for Round 2 or later has been updated in the official site.

http://animemoe2007.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

All you have to see is A1, A2, A3, etc., if you can't understand Japanese.
Old 2007-08-06, 07:19   Link #22
wontaek

Korean Moe Tournament Preliminary Day 9 results

Some tough battles for the 1st place, especially with Minase Nayuki ( Kanon ) winning over Kogami Akira ( Lucky Star ) by vote count of 426-425

Spoiler for Group 49 - 54 results:
Old 2007-08-06, 07:21   Link #23
wontaek

Korea Moe Tournament Preliminary Day 10 Match

Tomorrow's match features what might be the toughest group of the entire preliminary

Spoiler for Group 61 - 66 match up:
Old 2007-08-06, 10:10   Link #24
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
* Hina Ichigo win, but not decisive. I don't recognise these two but they each took ~18% to be in 2nd and 3rd place. GG Sunako...
* Oh Kaede was in this round - I didn't see her. Well, I HAD to vote Onee-sama afterall, even though she lost miserably... Rakshad being 2nd I didn't foresee at all though.
* Yep, Nia vs Nodoka, with the former getting a slight edge. Well... 46% vs 39%
* Uwarg... Excellen was 4th place... but at half the votes of 3rd place. "Kono Aozora" really is raking up more attention than I anticipated. Paru-sama gained a competitive 2nd place~
* Uwo! Barasuishou was pushed all the way down to 3rd place by StrikerS Powaa. Rein at 40%, Signum at 25%, leaving Bara w/ 17%. The two Negima girls came in with 5.5~6% votes each.
* Nayuki had ONE VOTE more than Akira-sama. They both had 37%. Maki-chan got 3rd place. Tsubomi got strangled by the powerhouses...
* Vote numbers have decreased again, back to 1100s - seems GROUP OF DEATH really did influence attendance.

Spoiler:

* 57: Kuu... Ami (Xenoglossia), Yui (LS) and Iinchou (Seto) are here but... but... I must pick Miyuki's mother! This is a vote for Yuyuko!

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2007-08-06, 11:27   Link #25
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
Korean Saimoe 2007
4:2
Group 49 - Hiiragi Anri (Happiness!) finished second to Hina-Ichigo, who won by a pretty decisive margin, but didn't exactly blow anyone away.
Group 50 - Kaede (SHUFFLE! MEMORIES) blew the field away, but Lakshata (Code Geass) finished second in this weak group
Group 51 - Nia (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann) and Nodoka (Negima?!) took more 85% of the votes!
Group 52 - Tight finish here
Group 53 - Heh... Nanoha/Rozen Maiden group... Negima?! is follows
Group 54 - Minase (Kanon) edge Kogami Akira (Lucky☆Star)by 1 vote... now that's great stuff
Spoiler for NissanNut's votes for Groups 55-60:
Old 2007-08-06, 14:54   Link #26
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

A-I - Shana
A-II - Nagi (HnG seems to have more mojo than Shana right now; Shana might have higher votes in semis, but I do think the HnG crowd will pull through)

B-I - Konata (Only because this group seems weak; probably the only one I am 90+% sure on)
B-II - CC

C-I - Nanoha (As much as I am a Hinagiku fan, I don't think anyone can stand up to the white devil)
C-II - Matsuri of Sola

D-I - Hayate of StrikerS
D-II - Kagamin-sama (I have very high confidence on her win, despite StrikerS fanbase)

E-I - Shinku (Even though she did mediocre in the prelims, I don't think the RM fanbase would let her down unless LS fanbase is bigger than I think it is)
E-II - Akira of LS

F-I - Suiseiseki (I mean, we're talking about last year's winner right? Of course LS fanbase might pull an upset, but unlikely IMO especially since Tsukasa would have to beat Souseiseki in the quarters)
F-II - Tsukasa of LS

G-I - Taiyaki (Rika would win her half a group, because even though Mion had more votes, I think loli power would in. But I do think Ayu would win this one, since she's the only girl the Kanon fanbase has a chance on, and they would most likely rally)
G-II - Rika

F-I - Suigintou (While a seemingly tough group, I really do think Suigintou would take this with relative ease. I predict a 10-15% vote margin over her toughest opponent, Fate. The rest are small fry)
F-II - Louise

Favourite to win the tourney is of course, Kagami. I might like Rena better, but I'm being realistic here. I just don't want another magical girl or doll to win this time around. XD

Coming wednesday, even though I like Shana most out of all the people, I'll have to reserve my votes and see if anyone can beat her. Only because I want Shirley/Ryoko (God, why did they put them on the same group first round? T_T) to advance far. :P

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2007-08-06 at 15:07.
Old 2007-08-06, 15:09   Link #27
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
A-I - Shana
A-II - Nagi (HnG seems to have more mojo than Shana right now; Shana might have higher votes in semis, but I do think the HnG crowd will pull through)
I think the Shana fanbase should be enough to take this round.

Quote:
F-I - Suiseiseki (I mean, we're talking about last year's winner right? Of course LS fanbase might pull an upset, but unlikely IMO especially since Tsukasa would have to beat Souseiseki in the quarters)
F-II - Tsukasa of LS
Tsukasa or Rena will take this one. There is too much revenge () for desu to get out of her block.

Quote:
G-I - Taiyaki (Rika would win her half a group, because even though Mion had more votes, I think loli power would in. But I do think Ayu would win this one, since she's the only girl the Kanon fanbase has a chance on, and they would most likely rally)
G-II - Rika
My bet is on Rika, her prelim votes far outnumber any of the Kanon girls. The kanon's vote total were rather weak for all the series hype.

And Rein is also in this and she has MOE and series mojo. Rien also out poll desu in thier bracket.

Quote:
F-I - Suigintou (While a seemingly tough group, I really do think Suigintou would take this with relative ease)
F-II - Louise
50/50 between Feito-chan and Gin-sama.
Old 2007-08-06, 15:11   Link #28
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Eva is the superior loli. Shana's just annoying. Sure, she probably doesn't stand much of a chance, but I'll be rooting for her... =/

No hard choices for any of the initial A rounds for me. I won't try any speculation beyond that. I don't recognize Anya's opponents aside from the fearsome "RM" label...
Old 2007-08-06, 15:24   Link #29
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Eva is the superior loli. Shana's just annoying. Sure, she probably doesn't stand much of a chance, but I'll be rooting for her... =/

No hard choices for any of the initial A rounds for me. I won't try any speculation beyond that. I don't recognize Anya's opponents aside from the fearsome "RM" label...

Those are the weaker "RM" character but Kanaria surprising did draw a lot of votes in the premlim so Anya is toast.

Too bad Chikaru is Block B and not D. It will be tough but i will keeping it up for her. Hopefully we can do another Chikaru style upset
Old 2007-08-06, 16:02   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well would be surprised if Nagi won out that block. Not that she was a bad character just even withing HnG not my favorite character of that series. Liked her fine, but I'd probably be giving Shana the support over her. Maybe with a second season looming that'll give her a boost.

Well since I never got into LS can't say how big those characters will be in the big voting, though seems they will do pretty well. Pretty interesting with Suiseiseki and Souseiseki from RM, Tsukasa from LS, San should have a shot from SnH, and my KnS underdog Ayano (yeah I know she's screwed).

Might add guesses for victory in my earlier post. Since its my first time actively following this tournament it'll be one interesting time. Seeing how favorites match up and strategic voting affects things.
Old 2007-08-06, 17:10   Link #31
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Spoiler:

Just need icons for characters who got in from the second prelims.
Old 2007-08-06, 17:17   Link #32
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Block A:

16 characters qualified in the 1st Qualification round
*1 of them (Shana) won her round.
21 characters qualified in the 2nd Qualification round
*1 of them (Izumi) won her round.

Assuming Shana and Nagi reach the block final, which is the expected. I think Shana will have an edge in that clash, since:

10/16-23 Block finals (8 days)

Shana second season will begin airing before that match, giving Shana (not too much, but valuable) screentime to match Nagi's ongoing series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
(HnG seems to have more mojo than Shana right now; Shana might have higher votes in semis, but I do think the HnG crowd will pull through)
Shakugan no Shana characters don't have too much series mojo. We saw last year when only two characters, Shana and Kazumi got through the first round. Shana is a moeblob all by herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
Eva is the superior loli. Shana's just annoying.

Ahem.

(Yup, I'm a Shana fan)
Old 2007-08-06, 17:41   Link #33
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post

Shakugan no Shana characters don't have too much series mojo. We saw last year when only two characters, Shana and Kazumi got through the first round. Shana is a moeblob all by herself.

Mikuru is a moeblob, Shana is loliblob.
Old 2007-08-06, 18:30   Link #34
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
shana will be dominating block A for sure (even if she isnt my fav she does have a huge fan base >.>) nagi will be a challange but she just wont be a match for the flaming goddess imo

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-06, 20:28   Link #35
ando

Saimoe main tournament opening MAD:

http://www3.axfc.net/uploader/12/so/N12_32403.avi.html

password: saimoe

cool
Old 2007-08-06, 21:05   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post

cool
Agreed that was really well done. Lot of characters flying all over the place with the high speed but still pretty good. Made sure to give the full screen for a bit to Fate-chan's new transformation .
Old 2007-08-06, 21:37   Link #37
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

cool
That was good
Old 2007-08-06, 22:53   Link #38
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Done!

Spoiler:

Had to degrade the color to 256 colors so it'll come under 1M in size.
Old 2007-08-06, 23:17   Link #39
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Arrow

Quote:

cool
nice work... bliknk and you'll miss a lot... they even have the LS dance and nanoha and feito henshin sequence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Done!

Spoiler:

Had to degrade the color to 256 colors so it'll come under 1M in size.
i only see the unfinished copy... did you upload the wrong one???

made a new sig for the upcoming match... will be making a new sig for each match i'm interested in... so if you support the character currently in my sig feel free to copy it and use it to help spread the love for the character currently in the sig...
my sig making skills are crappy so pls son't expect something spectacular...
Old 2007-08-06, 23:49   Link #40
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Is it wrong to want Jun Watarase to win the tournament?
Closed Thread