AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-01, 19:50   Link #21
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

I was holding a box of Pocky, with a label clearly saying "Made in Japan." But when I opened the box, there were no tasty snacks, but a piece of paper with numbers and letters written upon it.

489 Chikaru
399 Kazumi

512 Suiseiseki
485 Sugintou

I was about to throw the box away when I heard a rattling noise from within. I shook the box over my hand, and a large grain of salt fell out. It occurred to me that if I were to give the paper with numbers on it to someone, that if they were to take the numbers from me, that I should also give them the large grain of salt. Yes! Whoever it was should take the numbers with the large grain of salt!

Suddenly I awoke from my dream. Once again I was seated at the fourth starboard oar on an ancient trireme, shackled to my bench. Life can be harsh, I thought to myself as I resumed rowing.
Old 2006-10-01, 21:28   Link #22
ando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent86
The climb in invalid votes yesterday for Imouto and Nanoha is so slow and steady that it looks like it was just one or two people doing it. The graphs even plateau at the same time - did he/they go to lunch then?
It's likely to be.

The number of plural entry
499 Sawachika - Nanoha
560 Sawachika - Aika
162 Sawachika - null
516 Imouto - Nanoha
427 Imouto - Aika
144 Imouto - null
139 Nanoha- null

I think about a half of Imouto - Nanoha votes are fake and done by the same person. None of them voted Aika alone.

Statistics for today's matches.

October 2nd

<<吉田一美@灼眼のシャナ>>(Yoshida Kazumi@Shakugan no Shana)
<<源千華留@ストロベリー・パニック>>(Minamoto Chikaru@Strawberry Panic)
Spoiler:

<<翠星石@ローゼンメイデン トロイメント>>(Suiseiseki@Rozen Maiden ~Traumend~)
<<水銀燈@ローゼンメイデン トロイメント>>(Suigintou@Rozen Maiden ~Traumend~)
Spoiler:

EDIT:My mistake, the above number includes only valid votes.
The number of plural entry including fake votes
537 Sawachika - Nanoha
592 Sawachika - Aika
164 Sawachika - null
749 Imouto - Nanoha
432 Imouto - Aika
144 Imouto - null
141 Nanoha - null
76 Aika - null

Last edited by ando; 2006-10-01 at 22:00.
Old 2006-10-02, 00:01   Link #23
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, it's not like Imouto had that much of a chance against Eri anyway I voted for her regardless, knew she was probably having it tough.

Nanoha had my vote from the start and I'll probably give it to her in her next match against Fate. Not that I like Fate any less, but I feel I must vote for Nanoha

I voted for Kazumi only in this match, don't care about RM showdown
Old 2006-10-02, 00:12   Link #24
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I voted for Kazuki and Suiseiseki ~desu!

Suiseiseki's alternating cackling ojousama personality and deredere mode just kills me every time. I was actually rewatching the episode with the strawberry fight between her and Hinaichigo (from the first season) the other day and my stomach started cramping from all the laughter.

I'm not the biggest Yoshida fan in the world - but her role in the adventures of Shana-tan is so great I had to vote for her.
Old 2006-10-02, 00:44   Link #25
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Suiseiseki's alternating cackling ojousama personality and deredere mode just kills me every time. I was actually rewatching the episode with the strawberry fight between her and Hinaichigo (from the first season) the other day and my stomach started cramping from all the laughter.
Each time I watch this ep I laught to tears... and the Snow white play, too.

Gin and Suiseki are the characters who had the best character deveoppement in S2. The first thanks to her encounter with Megu who was able to warm her heart (Each GinxMegu scene, in particulary the famous "Don't call yourself junk" one give me tears) and find an other goal battle rather than "Shinku I will junk your ass"... the other one... see eps 10-11 and her will to protect the ones she cares of...masterpiece.

It's a difficult chose since I like those two equally but since Seki is leading I will vote for Gin.

I'm not very interested in the other battle... but I think I will vote for the Strawberry Panic girl who looks better than the Shana one
Old 2006-10-02, 01:08   Link #26
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Agreed. I find Suiseiseki one of the most side-splittingly funny characters ever devised. She's brought to tears a couple of times, I was laughing so hard.

I watched the first three episodes of School Rumber Season 1 while back, and I put it on hold, intending to get back to it. Eri's remarkable success has peaked my curiousity. I'm going to have to start watching it again.
Old 2006-10-02, 01:26   Link #27
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
To be honest, Yesterday
I've never thought that Kyon's sister will lost
According of The Middle Result (At 0:00 on my Country, so it's 12/24h for General)
She was very dominant and last hour, she lost...
Well :/, it's nothing

The Fate VS Nanoha will be a serious match for Nanoha Fans
But I know that this time, my vote will change for later...
Well for future pronostic : Mion and Nanoha
Old 2006-10-02, 04:45   Link #28
Cloudy

I hope Chikaru will win,for me she is like a cross between Suzumiya Haruhi(ethuastic) and Tamaki from ouran high school host club.(cares about club members and being positive.)
Old 2006-10-02, 06:59   Link #29
Rin-Sama
Banned

I just still can't beleive that Kyon's little sister lost..... I thought for SURE she would win over the School rumble girl becasue the other Haruhi girls did.
Old 2006-10-02, 07:29   Link #30
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, Eri should not be trifled with. The other Haruhi girls defeated various girls, but the only time when a Haruhi girl defeated a major SR girl was in the Mikuru-Yakumo match.
Old 2006-10-02, 07:43   Link #31
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Eri beat Tsuruya-san in Round 1 despite the latter obtaining the 9th most votes that Round.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2006-10-02, 07:47   Link #32
Rin-Sama
Banned

Ok my prediction is that Mikuru will win overall!
Old 2006-10-02, 08:37   Link #33
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Obviously. Mikuru is by divine right (see Suzumiya Haruhi) the ultimate moe in this universe Mikuru not winning will be an affront to God (aka Suzumiya Haruhi). Only problem is that Haruhi also takes part in this tournament.

Has God created something she cannot outmoe?
Old 2006-10-02, 08:51   Link #34
Rin-Sama
Banned

Well 1st Haruhi has to deal with Yuki. and Yuki is no push over. she is also a mega moe.
Old 2006-10-02, 09:09   Link #35
ando

Chikaru and Suiseiseki won.

Today's result:
Spoiler:

October 3rd

<<伊藤伸恵@苺ましまろ>>(Itoh Nobue@Ichigo Mashimaro)
<<真紅@ローゼンメイデン トロイメント>>(Shinku@Rozen Maiden ~Traumend~)
Spoiler:

<<レベッカ宮本(ベッキー)@ぱにぽにだっしゅ!>>(Becky@Pani Poni Dash!)
<<アリス・キャロル@ARIAシリーズ>>(Alice Carol@ARIA series)
Spoiler:

Current voting thread:
アニメ最萌トーナメント2006 投票スレRound191
http://etc4.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1159797193
Old 2006-10-02, 09:12   Link #36
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Ah well, another of my favorites is out. Not that it was totally unexpected but whatever.

Don't care about today's matches, I'll probably take the day off
Old 2006-10-02, 09:17   Link #37
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Glad to see Chikaru won. Still not enough to outweight the losses of the first days though.

Today is all about everyone's favorite onee-chan . Even if the odds are against you, I'll stick with you until the very end Nobue.
Old 2006-10-02, 09:21   Link #38
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

The StoPani legion has done it again, this time ousting Kazumi by quite a distance. On the other group, Suiseiseki has beaten off Suigintou by a margin of 102 votes ~desu~.

Spoiler for Oct 2nd results:

Spoiler for Oct 3rd entries:

Today another Rozen doll Shinku will try to join Suiseiseki into the fourth round.

Code generator
http://banana236.maido3.com/~bs5114/a06/

Current voting thread
http://etc4.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1159797193/

After the first day of this new thread, what are everyone's views concerning the new rules? Is the thread more "tidy", better in "post quality", less "fun"? Please PM me or Catgirls and let us know.
Old 2006-10-02, 09:22   Link #39
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
I watched the first three episodes of School Rumber Season 1 while back, and I put it on hold, intending to get back to it. Eri's remarkable success has peaked my curiousity. I'm going to have to start watching it again.
Sawachika is not a character to be trifled with. For many, many School Rumble fans she is their favorite person in the series. She's almost like the ultimate tsundere - not because her deredere mode is the most adorable or because her tsuntsun mode is the most extreme, but because the balance of the two is so perfect. She's not tsuntsun all the time but she's not too deredere either. Plus throw in the fact she's twin-tailed, ojousama (though no laugh ), and halfbreed and she becomes a tough out.
However, I think it takes about half the first season before she really gets going. My favorite Eri episode is still the one where the four girls go to the beach with the four guys (Harima, Hanai, Imadori and the guy I can't remember). Also, Eri had some of her most moe~ moments in season two (for example, the bike ride with Harima). Mikoto is my favorite, but Eri is probably second. I think School Rumble is somewhat handicapped though - fans of it are rarely the type of fans who are going to vote for all characters in it (like Strawberry Panic, MoSH and Rozen Maiden). I would be willing to bet there's probably less than 200 or so votes that Eri and Yakumo (for example) shared. Because of the rampant 'shipping material (the real reason why the series is so popular) it encourages a sort of rivalry between fans of different girls.

Personally, my ten favorite remaining characters would look something like this:
Suiseiseki
Yuki
Sawachika
Mion
Becky
Nobue
Eruruu
Ana
Aruruu
Mikuru

Other than Suiseiseki, Becky, Yuki and maybe Nobue though, my favorite characters from most series are gone. Karura was my favorite from Utawarerumono (Ara ara), Mikoto's my favorite from School Rumble, Rena's my favorite from Higurashi (though Mion's a pretty close second), Miu's my co-favorite from Strawberry Marshmallow1
But I have a feeling the ten strongest remaining characters are probably (in no particular order):
Suzumiya Haruhi
Yuki
Mikuru
Sawachika
Suiseiseki
Shana
Ana
Fate
Nanoha
Shana

Once the biggies start clashing, surprising things happen. On the one hand, it's easier to negative vote against a character (there's only one opposing character). On the other, some characters who seemed to have a rather large and stable powerbase (like Rena) can find it erode in the face of a more popular character from another series (like Fate).

EDIT: Today I'm voting for Nobue and Becky. I have to vote for Nobue because she's one of the few non-loli characters left for me. Anytime I'm trying to figure out if I like Shana, Ana or Aruruu better is not a good time in my book.

EDIT 2: Also, if I'm not mistaken, doesn't this make the third day in a row a contest has broken the 2000 vote barrier?

EDIT 3: Nevermind, I was adding Chikaru's votes to Suiseiseki's votes - I'm old, give me a break.

Last edited by rooboy; 2006-10-02 at 15:29.
Old 2006-10-02, 09:47   Link #40
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I think I clicked a little too soon on the code generator link.

The date was still October 2 and I got a very long list of what appeared to be codes or something similar. 5 minutes later, I closed the screen and tried again to get the usual screen with the new date listed.