2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-28, 15:50   Link #21
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Please don't tell me Ram's in the Witch Cult.
How did you get this idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
So, can Betelgeuse transfer his conscience to a random Finger when he dies? I really was not expecting something like that. But yeah, i knew it was not going to be that simple to get rid of him with just one sword strike from Wilhelm. it's never simple/easy in Re:Zero
I understood it differently. With how Julius formulated it, it could be that Sloth is made up by all the followers under and including Betelgeuse.
Old 2016-08-28, 15:52   Link #22
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As expected, Wilhelm is pretty much the MVP among Subaru's allies, but he keeps piling the death flags with the usual mentor speeches, as well as being done with his primary objective.

Considering how Beltegeuse reacted to the missing gospel, it is very likely that Betelgeuse takes over the body of certain persons of the cult if he/she/it is killed. Hell, Beltegeuse still mention Subaru as being "pride" like a follow up to their discussion back with the "original betelgeuse". That said, considering every member should have a gospel, why that girl didn't have hers?

As for Ram, if we assume that the message about the alliance was delayed or intercepted by some party (like a random witch cult group), Ram's behaviour isn't exactly surprising: we have Subaru storming in Roswal's domain with a huge army composed of knights from other candidates. To make things worse, Rem isn't with him, so it is very likely she believes Subaru betrayed them after being casted away by Emilia or something.
It is unlikely Ram is part of the cult considering her fate in the other loops.
Old 2016-08-28, 16:10   Link #23
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
So, can Betelgeuse transfer his conscience to a random Finger when he dies?
I don't think it's the whole consciousness. She still introduced herself as a finger. But the mantle of the Archbishop of Sloth, with the Unseen Hand power, does look like it gets passed on. And maybe the book, if nobody steals it first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
How did you get this idea?
Well, weird shit happened that she probably caused while wearing weird clothes. Also, that would be absolutely horrible. Always have to look out for absolutely horrible stuff.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 16:13   Link #24
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, weird shit happened that she probably caused while wearing weird clothes. Also, that would be absolutely horrible. Always have to look out for absolutely horrible stuff.
Those "weird clothes" look pretty similar to the robes Emilia's wearing outside. The pattern on the sleeve is practically the same.
Old 2016-08-28, 16:16   Link #25
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Definitely spirit/consciouness transfer, it's pretty ridiculous to assume every Sloth member has a strong ability like Unseen Hand.
Old 2016-08-28, 16:26   Link #26
Applehell

LMAO, I think this isn the most tunsdere Subaru has been towards anyone.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 16:40   Link #27
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
LMAO, I think this isn the most tunsdere Subaru has been towards anyone.
The true OTP of Re:zero has revealed itself : SubaruxJulius .
Old 2016-08-28, 16:57   Link #28
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Those religious zealots are massively disturbing. I hope Ram isn't one of them. But almost more than Ram showing up, I'm baffled by why everyone just disappeared. Was that Ram's doing? Also, I'm kind of wondering whether or not Subaru has reached a new checkpoint by now. I feel like it's almost time for him to fail again, but I wouldn't want to see him start the whole ordeal with the whale over again.
Old 2016-08-28, 17:16   Link #29
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Hmm, Ram is the real last boss?! I wonder how Subaru is going to win over this little lady as she totally seems to be the Clown's pet.
Old 2016-08-28, 17:21   Link #30
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That said, considering every member should have a gospel, why that girl didn't have hers?
IIRC, Betelgeuse said that only Archbishops were given a gospel.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 17:24   Link #31
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I fully expect to see a meme poster with the immortal line 'it's not like I like you or anything!' under it soon!

Anyway. A rather less dramatic episode than the ones we've had, but I feel a dam more important for the overall plot, due to that little book. That has 'main plot quest item' and 'corrupting influence' written all over it in giant neon letters, through I suspect it end up being more important in session 2 than this current arc.

The cultists seemed to be linked in someway. It's a bit hard to call it exactly (hive mind, jumping mind/soul?), but it seems if you don't kill the whole lot, you might find invisible hands coming after you!

Also was that Ram in a Emilia style coat at the end? I'm assuming Subaru hit one of Emillia's ward and Ram is wondering wtf is going off?
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 17:26   Link #32
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
IIRC, Betelgeuse said that only Archbishops were given a gospel.
Yes, only Archbishops have a gospel. What Mimi was speaking from was mostly hearsay of what they could gather about the cult from rumors, so good deal of their infomation might be inaccurate.
Old 2016-08-28, 17:33   Link #33
Peanutbutter

Wow, a second Belteguese? Voiced by Hikasa Yoko? My brain's trembling.

And uhh... Ram? nani sundayo?!?!
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 17:43   Link #34
Mangonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
As expected, Wilhelm is pretty much the MVP among Subaru's allies, but he keeps piling the death flags with the usual mentor speeches, as well as being done with his primary objective.

Considering how Beltegeuse reacted to the missing gospel, it is very likely that Betelgeuse takes over the body of certain persons of the cult if he/she/it is killed. Hell, Beltegeuse still mention Subaru as being "pride" like a follow up to their discussion back with the "original betelgeuse". That said, considering every member should have a gospel, why that girl didn't have hers?

As for Ram, if we assume that the message about the alliance was delayed or intercepted by some party (like a random witch cult group), Ram's behaviour isn't exactly surprising: we have Subaru storming in Roswal's domain with a huge army composed of knights from other candidates. To make things worse, Rem isn't with him, so it is very likely she believes Subaru betrayed them after being casted away by Emilia or something.
It is unlikely Ram is part of the cult considering her fate in the other loops.
I'd say this makes the most sense. Though Ram shouldn't expect a betrayal of Subaru with Rem watching him. Honestly I'd hope she'd have enough faith by now to know that despite being a derp sometimes hes 100% Emilia. Also IIRC Rem was given permission to assist Subaru in further negotiations (mining rights) so a visit of somesort shouldn't be completely out of the blue if Ram was informed.

I'm wondering if that flower she was using is simply a way to stealthily pull Subaru aside for a moment to see wtf is going on. Given Subaru's previous attempts at getting to the estate any messengers were probably intercepted.

I kind of expected the Emilia scene to be a brief reaction scene to being notified to the alliance but since it just seemed to be a random candid I'm guessing the estate is still in the dark about it.
Mangonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 17:59   Link #35
Twi

Oh no, the crazy is infectious. Or they're all insane. Maybe both. And I wonder what was that red spirit that drove the second Unseen Hand user up the wall?

Last edited by Twi; 2016-08-28 at 18:11.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 18:12   Link #36
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Oh god Pixiv is gotta go crazy with this
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 18:33   Link #37
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangonel View Post
I'd say this makes the most sense. Though Ram shouldn't expect a betrayal of Subaru with Rem watching him. Honestly I'd hope she'd have enough faith by now to know that despite being a derp sometimes hes 100% Emilia. Also IIRC Rem was given permission to assist Subaru in further negotiations (mining rights) so a visit of somesort shouldn't be completely out of the blue if Ram was informed.

I'm wondering if that flower she was using is simply a way to stealthily pull Subaru aside for a moment to see wtf is going on. Given Subaru's previous attempts at getting to the estate any messengers were probably intercepted.

I kind of expected the Emilia scene to be a brief reaction scene to being notified to the alliance but since it just seemed to be a random candid I'm guessing the estate is still in the dark about it.
How deep is there twin connection thing, wasn't it just their condition or something.
Like wouldn't Ram just sense that Rem fought a lot and got exhausted. But doesn't know its the whale and maybe Rem fought the army guys Subaru gathered up.
Old 2016-08-28, 18:36   Link #38
Applehell

Needs to be mentioned, I rather liked Wilhelm's little peptalk to Subaru. Aside how surprisingly understanding it was, also gave sense that he's been through what Subaru feeling at that very moment.
Old 2016-08-28, 18:48   Link #39
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

No Rem = 0/10 episode. Move along folks.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 18:50   Link #40
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Wow, a second Belteguese? Voiced by Hikasa Yoko? My brain's trembling.

And uhh... Ram? nani sundayo?!?!
Please don't say you are lazy (slothful)

datte hontou wa crazy
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote