AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > GATE

Notices

View Poll Results: GATE - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 4 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 35.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-02-26, 21:35   Link #21
Iron Maw
Banned

Never thought I would see what amounts to a fantasy version of a more extreme Patriot Act. Which means that the Senate is little more than a formality.

And I guess this one way to force Sugawara's hand on the whole marriage issue. It's not something he can take back or just pretend to accept for awhile either. The best thing Sugawara can hope for if she can come to realization that he did more to save her life rather than acknowledge of their matrimony and maybe come to a compromise wait off a years longer to age were his culture can at least accept it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Casel was right - she was definitely the most dangerous person in that house.

I don't understand Japan's position. Why must they weaken themselves so? They're showing themselves to be shitty allies to the doves, while not doing a thing against the hawks. What's the point of being a dove, then? Why can't Japan give up on Zorzal (and really, they should have given up on Molt) and just work their way down the succession line till they find someone they can work with?
I'm rather worried about that too. The longer Japan/SDF sits on their hands when those who supposed them are imprisoned and worse executed the harder it well be for them to gain trust of the government and people in long run. Zorzal might be even able to win to his side to paint Japan as much worse than he is.

At the same time they can't just come up and remove Zorzal directly and assassination is out of question unless they can get done without modern weaponry and possibility a third party of some sort. Then maybe Pina or Diablo can take the throne, which will most likely be the later going be line of succession. He isn't ideal, but he will certainly be more amicable than his older brother and perhaps more than Emperor. Most important of all Tyuule will no longer have the motivation to continue this plan.

The other method Zorzal a taste of what old Duran went through and shatter his pride completely. Not even Tyuule's coaxing would allow him to escape what the unavoidable reality of what war with any modern power would mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
The coming war could legitimately be titled "Tyuule's War".
She really is the only person who stands gain everything from this huh? If this succeeds she would have paid Zolzal back a hundred times with interest. This is truly what a person with nothing left to them but revenge looks like.

Quote:
We got more Knights! Beefeater (a famous British gin) is the only one I can remember at the moment.
I know that quite a lot of these characters are named after alcohol but they seriously get dumber which each new that revealed.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-02-27 at 05:48.
Old 2016-02-26, 22:15   Link #22
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
I on the other hand fail to see why Japan bothered with diplomacy at all and didn't just outright conquer the entire Empire. Surely many would support them seeing how Empire itself is not the most loved country around. Never mind that Empire itself invade them, took their people as slaves and killed many other. That alone is enough reason for any country in the world to declare war and enter open hostilities with the other side, engaging them in open combat without any fear of consequences or that their actions may be wrong.

Ah yes - civilian logic "they attacked us and killed our people so best that we leave them alone and hope they will not attack us again". Public liberal support is this anime no. 1 reason why everything is so slow and why things get so complicated later on.

Japanese diplomats and public critics fail to understand that 1BC Empire does not have the same morals and understandings as 21'st century country. And this is evident trough the entire series. The only reason they will understand is brute military force. Exactly why only actions of SDF provided any results at all.
Politic and politic.
Remember how Itami has to answer to parlement for the action he took for engaging the Fire Dragon in s1?
You cant expect everyone to support the act of invasion.

This case is quite similar to the refugee case Europe has right now.
Old 2016-02-26, 22:15   Link #23
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I don't know all the novel spoilers so I'll say it. It will be a real pity if Sugawara won't marry Sherry. They are ideal couple IMHO.
Old 2016-02-27, 02:02   Link #24
Yan3242

Nice to see pina female knights again, been a while since we last see them i think?

There is actually a male in itami current group? I hope he's not going to kick the bucket in later episode
Old 2016-02-27, 03:23   Link #25
eisai_haramasukoi

Thus, the legend of Pedophile Sugawara was born.

The Roman Inquisition Oprichnina is quite powerful, eh? But what's with the broomstick swords?
Old 2016-02-27, 03:28   Link #26
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post

The Roman Inquisition Oprichnina is quite powerful, eh? But what's with the broomstick swords?
They aren't called cleaners for nothing.
Old 2016-02-27, 03:49   Link #27
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oprichnik
Quote:
they dressed in black garb, similar to a monastic habit, bearing the insignia of a severed dog's head (to sniff out treason and enemies of the Tsar) and a broom (to sweep them away)
Old 2016-02-27, 04:49   Link #28
Yan3242

Quote:
nah he is a gentleman, waiting for sherry to reach legal age first.

sherry on the other hand.... i can see her rape face and push sugawara down when everything settle down
Old 2016-02-27, 05:13   Link #29
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Because you can't spout off about peace and friendship, and then viciously murder anyone who doesn't oblige. That's not how this works. Remember, they have to answer to the rest of the UN in regards to the Gate. We've already seen there are spies reporting to other countries about the goings-ons within the Gate.
But Zorzal is more than aggressive enough to engineer an incident. Heck, they could legitimately take in asylum seekers (you know, the people who stuck their necks out for them), and Zorzal would oblige with a good treaty breaking. At that point they can say they tried peace, and it didn't work with the tyrannical barbarian whose people are in desperate need of some freedom. Or maybe Zorzal caves, and it's his teeth which are pulled.

All they're doing right now is appear weak and treacherous. To no one's gain but Zorzal's.

And as for the international community - what about them? What are they going to do? Invade Japan and take Tokyo? Probably, all Japan needs to smooth some feathers is to start sharing some of the Gate wealth, which they'd have to do sooner or later. (Or the other countries will really invade Japan and take Tokyo...)
Old 2016-02-27, 07:32   Link #30
eisai_haramasukoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post

sherry on the other hand.... i can see her rape face and push sugawara down when everything settle down
Wouldn't be surprised if, in the future, Sherry's the one that will wear the pants in the relationship.
Old 2016-02-27, 07:36   Link #31
ReddyRedWolf

Well there goes Sugawara career as a diplomat not because he gave asylum but because he is going to marry that 12 year old in 4 years.

I'd say not giving asylum is a bad move on the minister's part. Why? Not only does to give the wrong signal to gate world polities it gives the wrong impression too to Japan's Earth allies.
Old 2016-02-27, 08:16   Link #32
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

sadly Sugawara has yet to top McGillis of Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans in the lolipop department, who is also more fabulous.......
Old 2016-02-27, 08:40   Link #33
Syan48306
Forgotten Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post

The legal age of 16 you mean.
Old 2016-02-27, 08:57   Link #34
Yan3242

Quote:
At least if anything happen, sugawara can use "but she's legal and she want me" safety measure
Old 2016-02-27, 09:00   Link #35
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well there goes Sugawara career as a diplomat not because he gave asylum but because he is going to marry that 12 year old in 4 years.

I'd say not giving asylum is a bad move on the minister's part. Why? Not only does to give the wrong signal to gate world polities it gives the wrong impression too to Japan's Earth allies.
I'm not so sure it would hurt them politically to such a strong extent. Casel immediately realized that seeking asylum from the Japanese would cause a great deal of trouble for Sugawara and everyone else over there. The other politicians also know how the game works, so they most likely understand the motivation. Sherry was actually showing just a bit of her childish side here, failing to recognize the trouble she'd cause her beloved and only thinking of how the man she loves would surely run to protect her. Props on him for obliging though.

But as someone else said, it's still somewhat questionable how long Sherry will wait before she starts trying to push matters. I mean, she's demonstrated at least a rudimentary understanding of sex appeal: the first time she met him she tried to get his attention by squeezing his arm into her bre.... er... ribs. I doubt she'll push for sex or anything like that, at least for a couple more years, but she may very well start demanding kisses.
Old 2016-02-27, 09:02   Link #36
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Well, dont forget that Japan's government is quite harsh to pedo. Remember a certain law that a certain capital city governor passed?
Old 2016-02-27, 09:05   Link #37
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syan48306 View Post
Then Sherry reads the age of consent in Japan depending on prefecture can be as low as 13.

Which reminds me Itami was worried he'll get in trouble with the law if he has sex with Rory as she looks like a 13 year old girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Well, dont forget that Japan's government is quite harsh to pedo. Remember a certain law that a certain capital city governor passed?
Age of consent in Tokyo is 18.
Old 2016-02-27, 09:06   Link #38
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Then Sherry reads the age of consent in Japan depending on prefecture can be as low as 13.

Which reminds me Itami was worried he'll get in trouble with the law if he has sex with Rory as she looks like a 13 year old girl.
But now he have to deal with Leilei who is 15...
Old 2016-02-27, 10:03   Link #39
Skaddix

He has to wait a year not a big deal. Suga is on masturbation train for 4 years.
Old 2016-02-27, 12:11   Link #40
Yan3242

One part that i like from anime forum like this, is people just take it casually and even joke about stuff like sherry and sugawara.

I just browsed from my regular forum (i wont say which, all i can hint is the forum require you to use non free email account if you want to join them), and iam really sad when they talk about this episode gate

The whole talk is just how creepy sugawara be and keep escalating until it start targeting the author that could be a pedo or whats not.

I mean, for real? Sugawara and sherry scene might look weird but, if creepy and pedo is the FIRST THING that pop in their brain, i think those people are the one who need to be check by physician/doctor asap.

I got bumped out when i read the discussion at that forum, creepy character? Pedo author? I would just laugh it off if they called it lolicon but, creepy? Pedo? This coming from the same people who usually talk waifu stuff? Ugh...
Closed Thread