AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > GATE

Notices

View Poll Results: GATE - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 4 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 39.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 21.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 10.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 10.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 3.57%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-01-15, 22:07   Link #21
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
With Tyule protecting Zorzal and the way let him have sex with her you'd think she has Stockholm Syndrome.

But there must be some angle she is working on.
Actually I figured that he just likes S&M and she wasn't used to that sort of thing, so when he's going "normal" she is highly receptive but she's not so cool with the rough stuff, so she was serious when she was begging him to stop before but also generally honest about her willingness here. That said, I don't know what her take would be over Zolzal's apparent willingness to share her. Then again, from what he said previously it may be that her people's future depends heavily on his being kept alive and happy, in which case she's just saying and doing whatever she can to please him and her breakdown last episode came from her being unprepared for such a violent act. In any case, I found it quite disgusting when she treated him like a hero for "saving" Noriko from being raped by multiple men and saying she should feel HONORED to have been his personal toy for the months she'd been held captive. I imagine there are places where people and even women in similar positions really do think a girl should feel honored if the prince kidnaps her and forces her to be his personal sex slave, but it's still enough to churn my stomach.

While I imagine there'll be more earthquakes, since as they said there's almost always aftershocks, but I just hope this wasn't a FORESHOCK. There's literally no way to know, it's just a designation used later after the whole cascade of quakes has finished, with foreshocks applying pressure to trigger the main shock and aftershocks happening as the system resettles. This could actually be just a minor bit before the entire capital gets flattened.

Either way, I'm rather confused about the bombing of the Senate. What was the purpose of that?

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2016-01-15 at 22:33.
Old 2016-01-15, 22:51   Link #22
Kamieichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
I don't agree with Sugawara comparing their country is different than the Empire as in far different dimensions of blood spilling history though.
Well, it's not like Sugawara talked only about Japan. He also said "our world". So to me it's more like comparing the empire with the human history on the earth.
Old 2016-01-15, 23:34   Link #23
rladls2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamieichi View Post
Well, it's not like Sugawara talked only about Japan. He also said "our world". So to me it's more like comparing the empire with the human history on the earth.
Thanks for the correction and the meaning.
It really sounds like a big deal if i think about it deeply.

This Noriko person, I did not expect that she was actually having troubles back in her homeworld, just to be caught up into this madness.
Even she was disappointed that she can't go back right away, but it is still truly a big relief that she was saved.

I was laughing when the king, the prince, and the other senator politicians were having a meeting at not so inside the building or is it called a temple in their world?
I know it is not suppose to be funny, but they are talking about how planes just bomb their building and more, not understanding why Pina is siding with them.
Their situation is just too ridiculous just because of the another world's "defensive attack".

And Zorzal and his little brother, really!?
They are just talking about who will become the king in this kind of situation!?
Old 2016-01-16, 01:11   Link #24
HighGuard

Little confused here, Noriko's family was killed at Ginza while handing out missing person flyers for Noriko, who was taken during the battle of Ginza??
Old 2016-01-16, 01:23   Link #25
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineCorps View Post
Little confused here, Noriko's family was killed at Ginza while handing out missing person flyers for Noriko, who was taken during the battle of Ginza??
See my post in the previous page.
She was kidnapped by the Empire months prior to their invasion.
Old 2016-01-16, 02:48   Link #26
Botan_TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Correct, but the same emperor sent the armies of his allies against the SDF knowing they were going to die. Why would he think that his armies would have a better chance? He already knows the power of the SDF.
Quite opposite, he was thinking they have no chance so he send them in order to rid them of. He worried that with weak Imperial army his allies may turn on him, so he had to weaken them too.
Old 2016-01-16, 02:59   Link #27
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post

I was laughing when the king, the prince, and the other senator politicians were having a meeting at not so inside the building or is it called a temple in their world?
It was the Senate building. If it isn't obvious the Empire are descendants of Romans who ended up in this world.

Lelei doesn't care about the empire as they are not her people.

Yeah every one a while the Gate opens and lets people migrate to that world.

Basically this is hubris on the Empire's part not thinking Earth would leave them behind technologically. Believing they can conquer another world.
Old 2016-01-16, 03:24   Link #28
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineCorps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
See my post in the previous page.
She was kidnapped by the Empire months prior to their invasion.
so essentially she was kidnapped when the gate haven't fully materialize yet, so either she wandered into the still forming gate or one of the alien empire's soldiers managed to sneak trough the gate without the people of Ginza noticing & grabbed her along with several other people, if only somebody manages to accidentally drove a car through the still invisible gate.
Old 2016-01-16, 03:30   Link #29
konart

They failed Kuribayashi wild dance so much...
Old 2016-01-16, 05:01   Link #30
ReddyRedWolf

On the emperor thinking that Japan loves its people too much lets put this into perspective.

The nobles of the empire doesn't treat its subjects as its own people. Unlike the Romans of old you are a Roman citizen you have certain rights under the Republic.

Not to mention the emperor wouldn't mind scorch Earth tactics on his own people to prevent the JSDF in reaching the capital as said in season one. This guy looks out for number one which is why he killed the previous emperor's son.

With the bombing raid the JSDF relieves the emperor of any notion he can't be touched. They don't need an invasion army. Heck by mandate the JSDF is a defense force not your typical military forces.
Old 2016-01-16, 06:22   Link #31
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Either way, I'm rather confused about the bombing of the Senate. What was the purpose of that?
It was a show of force that ultimately went over the heads of the hawks. After all, it was only a building. Nobody died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Well, from my understanding, the army forces sent through the gate are technically on a peace keeping mission.
They are, technically, still in Japan. Because the whole SR is part of Japan.

Quote:
I say technically because they're racking up a body count in the tens of thousands, but they are not an invasion force. It might seem that way from the Empire's point of view, but they have no idea what an invasion force from out world would mean. Yes, Japan doesn't have a standard army, just one for self-defense, but if you arm them to the teeth, more so then they already are, it doesn't matter what they are called. Japan's airstrike is still way below what an actual invasion force would do. The problem is most of the Empire still doesn't seem to get it. Since the world beyond the gate isn't covered by Geneva, and the Empire has no problems acting like medieval assholes (since they ARE), I still don't get why they don't realize that if the SDF adopted the same tactics they use (all out assault, taking slaves, etc.) they'd be done in a weak, tops. Hell, they should be glad Itami and co didn't kill the prince right there, and yet the emperor still spewed that "you love your people too much" bullshit. The empire has nothing
The Emperor believes that eventually, the JSDF will get tired and go home without doing anything. He just has to wait and not waste his forces attacking them. I think it's because of all that effort they've expanded not killing people. If they'd killed Zorzal just to show they could, maybe he'd be more receptive to the idea of negotiating in good faith.
Old 2016-01-16, 07:42   Link #32
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Seeing Zolzal acting like a hotshot prince on Episode 13, turned out to be a pussy come Episode 14 after being pummeled by Shino Kuribayashi!

Meanwhile, I'm worried about Tuka as she's literally lost apart for being out of touch in reality. Somebody needs to help her!
Old 2016-01-16, 09:13   Link #33
BWTraveller
Born to ship

What really didn't make sense to me about the Emperor's "you love your people too much" spiel was that he connected it to how numerous nations became too drunk on power and got toppled by barbarians. Anyone with any knowledge of history would say that at least a large portion of those countries that became "drunk on power" treated the majority of their people poorly. Viewing the people as mere pawns or tools to protect the core governing body is a clear sign to me that a nation is just that "drunk on power".

And historically, the Roman empire really wasn't all that far from this place's system. Yes, if you were a citizen you had rights, but subject territories weren't treated like citizens. Foreign nations that became part of the empire were treated in a rather similar manner to how beastmen are treated here. Individuals may be allowed to become citizens if they prove themselves worthy of citizenship, but by and large the populous of a large portion of the empire were treated like this.
Old 2016-01-16, 13:33   Link #34
Ultragunner

well, if you are recognized as a "citizen" then your life wouldn't be so bad in the Roman-like empire.

However, (presumably) the majority of the country's population are slaves or servants.

IMO, the statement from the King was actually quite off the mark, it's not "we love our people too much", but as Sugawara said, our modern world has already gone past the period when slavery was the foundation of society, and we are not so "drunk on power" (to do whatever we want) but rather we understand the horror of bloodshed and violence
Old 2016-01-16, 14:53   Link #35
SakurazukaJames

Ugh, please tell this is as far as the NIPPON BANZAI flag waving goes. My eyes nearly rolled out of my head, they might as well have said "these savages touched our women, kill them!"

I will never apologize for enjoying fanservice.
Old 2016-01-16, 15:51   Link #36
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

While you're entitled to your own opinion , so if I replace Itami and co with "Team 'Mercia" in that scenario then it " 'Merica F@#K yeah"

that's just double standard ...
Old 2016-01-16, 15:58   Link #37
rladls2121

Is it irony that the reasons Itami and the others were able to save Noriko is because of the earthquake and Pina begged them to come to her country about their story of earthquakes?
At first Itami was like "Do I have to go?", lazy attitude, but Pina tried harder to convince him.

Prince was also calm about the earthquake for the same reason when they all meet.
And Itami and company surprised about Noriko chained by Zorzal, and there's no way to stay nonchalant about that situation.
Itami truly did have to save Noriko to kill most of the soldiers to ensure Noriko's safety, and that sudden trust issues regarding Pina.
Talk about a very timing for Itami and company, but very a bad timing for Pina.
She just needs help about the earthquake and now how many more mental weight she is more debt to?

It seems God exists.

Last edited by rladls2121; 2016-01-16 at 16:28.
Old 2016-01-16, 16:49   Link #38
SakurazukaJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
While you're entitled to your own opinion , so if I replace Itami and co with "Team 'Mercia" in that scenario then it " 'Merica F@#K yeah"

that's just double standard ...
I didn't say anything about America, this amount of nationalism bothers no matter what the country.

I will never apologize for enjoying fanservice.
Old 2016-01-16, 17:06   Link #39
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

And that's what bothers you? That Itami saved one of his countrywomen from slavery and rape?

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2016-01-16 at 17:52.
Old 2016-01-16, 17:18   Link #40
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And that's what bothers you? That Itami saved one of his countrywomen from a slavery and rape?
Aye, I would have clobbered that bastard too.
Closed Thread