AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > GATE

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-08-22, 02:27   Link #21
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
As mentioned, I think the anime kinda ruined the princess character IMO. She has became so generic now. Unlike her manipulative/ over-thinking/ over-analysing portrayed elsewhere.

For example the part where she saw the shooting range and thought about stealing/ replicating the guns to give the Imperial a fighting chance. But then her plan was completely crushed when Lelei introduced the tank.

Or when she tried to plot out ways to prevent an all out war (including chase after and eliminate Itami's soldiers) or how the decision to follow the guys back to their base supposed to be a big deal and she were readily to sacrifice herself.
Yeah, the imagination of Itami standing before the "Japanese Senate" with a King of Japan flanked by two guards holding guns like spears really made her stand out in terms of her over-analysis.
Old 2015-08-26, 11:46   Link #22
Hmm....

Just have a chance (and a will) to watch episode 6-7-8. Huh, that wasn't bad at all.

While the small panel cuts during helicopter attack is an odd choice for directing, it is kinda distracting. Wagner's Ride of the Valkyrie alone already give this adaptation a passing grade lol.

Rory fighting scene, even with de-blooding and everything, is actually very impressive. I would say it's the best fighting scene we had so far in the series. I especially like Kuribayashi's Gun-fu. It's very creative.

Too bad they cut the part where Pina plan to steal a gun until Lelei point out it's useless because of tank and stuffs. As other people mentioned, the lack of monologue in anime format really hurt Pina's personality the most. Shame, she is my favorite character in manga for her overthinking (and usually fail) trait.

People seem to made a fuss about maids design become generic but I'm kinda used to it now. At least it is nothing out of place, unlike Rory's or Pina's cleavages.

Risa's moenization is also kinda within my expectation. Two political women become younger and more beauty while it is more than I expected is still within the trend. What really took my by surprise is Komakado. He's changed from a neat secret agent to some poor detective lol. That and Sugawara being so similar to his manga counterpart.
Old 2015-08-26, 17:57   Link #23
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post

Too bad they cut the part where Pina plan to steal a gun until Lelei point out it's useless because of tank and stuffs. As other people mentioned, the lack of monologue in anime format really hurt Pina's personality the most. Shame, she is my favorite character in manga for her overthinking (and usually fail) trait.
If I recall correctly, Pinya does manage to get her hands on an automatic pistol,
Spoiler:
Old 2015-08-27, 00:08   Link #24
watisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
If I recall correctly, Pinya does manage to get her hands on an automatic pistol,
Spoiler:
But it gets caught in the metal detectors and she gets frisked and it gets confiscated.
Old 2015-08-27, 18:03   Link #25
Velsy

You know. That Intelligence officer in the manga looked so suspiciously evil, it was kinda cool. Yet in the anime it looks like they pulled some homeless bum off the street to play intelligence officer for the day. And that diet lady, in the manga should looks more political and mean. Gives the impression shes really high class and spoilt.. why did they try to cute her up? moefication again ?

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2015-08-27, 18:14   Link #26
RDNexus

In the case of this series, I'm the kind that simply goes with the way the staff is portraying the characters... Since I kinda dislike the Manga artstyle...
Old 2015-08-27, 19:22   Link #27
Tangowr

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
In the case of this series, I'm the kind that simply goes with the way the staff is portraying the characters... Since I kinda dislike the Manga artstyle...
The manga art style is more consistant with the origional novel though, not the republished light novel version which the anime Pina is from.
Since it was described that the Empire normal outfit is roman toga, not the dress uniform of the anime.
But the anime really..moefied alot of the characters
Or the female soldier, she's supposed to be a expert in CQC, small in stature, and have large breast.

Picture
Left - Published novel(No art, except cover)
2nd Left - Manga
3rd - Republished Light novel style
4th - Anime

Spoiler for Big pic:

Episode 8 manga and Anime character compare pic - The Diet(Congress) female personall became really young, which is not really realistic.
Spoiler for Big Pic:
Old 2015-08-27, 20:36   Link #28
Top Sergeant

Quote:
I'm starting to agree with you about the manga art style.
Old 2015-08-28, 04:47   Link #29
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangowr View Post
The manga art style is more consistant with the origional novel though, not the republished light novel version which the anime Pina is from.
Since it was described that the Empire normal outfit is roman toga, not the dress uniform of the anime.
But the anime really..moefied alot of the characters
Or the female soldier, she's supposed to be a expert in CQC, small in stature, and have large breast.

Picture
Left - Published novel(No art, except cover)
2nd Left - Manga
3rd - Republished Light novel style
4th - Anime

Spoiler for Big pic:

Episode 8 manga and Anime character compare pic - The Diet(Congress) female personall became really young, which is not really realistic.
Spoiler for Big Pic:
Not again... stop with this comprehensions with manga already. Manga designs are just awful and anime is based on Light Novel.
As for designs for me: LN > anime >>>>> manga > novel

Last edited by Sacredus; 2015-08-28 at 04:58.
Old 2015-08-28, 05:06   Link #30
Velsy

Anime has the worst designs. Well thats my opinion on the matter. In fact, when you notice the cat is even missing her cat eyes, then you seriously know there is something wrong with these half baked designs for sure.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2015-08-28, 05:12   Link #31
RDNexus

In the end, it's all a matter of tastes.
Old 2016-02-26, 14:27   Link #32
Brother Coa
Banned

Episode 20

This week episode described in one sentence: 'The Inquisition has arrived.'

And I really hate that organization is called differently from "Inquisition" what is called in LN....
What they also lack to show is scene from LN where main investigator kills the commander for failing to capture the Sherry in the 1'st raid. It also fails to show the scene where second commander actually left Sherry go, only for one of the Inquisitorial soldiers coming after her. When she crossed the embassy border the soldier followed her and he was cut down the second he crossed it by nearby knight.

Other than that it was fine episode, and going by current pace the anime will end at a sooner note than I expected. But that's great since season 2 will most probably have 24 episodes as well.

Sherry is going to be one heck of a diplomat when she grows up. I am glad everything turned out fine for her. Beside entire parent death thing...

Last edited by LKK; 2016-02-26 at 17:59. Reason: added post title
Old 2016-02-28, 14:53   Link #33
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

They did omit a HUGE plotline from this episode.

Before Sherry and the Senator arrive at the Jade Palace, Boses is eating large amounts of citrus, and other girls jokingly mention she might be pregnant.
Boses replies with a serious look that it's certainly possible. She tells them she might be carrying Tomita's baby.

This develops into a rather significant plotline in the future, and central plot in book 7 (gaiden 2)
So I hope the anime doesn't completely omit it out.
Old 2016-03-04, 14:38   Link #34
Brother Coa
Banned

In this episode they didn't show Zorzal and Pina's brother ( the one who left the capital ) talking with Chinese representative. Tryign to get Chinese support for the Empire.
Old 2016-03-04, 14:43   Link #35
RDNexus

You mean Diablo, right?
Old 2016-03-04, 14:46   Link #36
Brother Coa
Banned

Yeah, the only 'rational' one left beside Pina.
Old 2016-03-04, 15:22   Link #37
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
You mean Diablo, right?
Isn't it Diabo?
Old 2016-03-05, 00:57   Link #38
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Diabo is correct.

He is probably the smartest of the siblings, but his ambition and cowardice is his main failure.
If only that guy could learn to listen and heed others, and control his ambition, he'd make a much better politician than his brother or his sister.

Malt is still the only real competent man in the Royal family.
Old 2016-03-05, 00:59   Link #39
coded321
He Who Games

was pina forced to become a slave in the novels?
Old 2016-03-11, 10:19   Link #40
Top Sergeant

I found a delightful manga about a young Pinya co Lada and her efforts to form the Rose Knights. The title is Gate:Teikoku no Bara Kishidan - Pinya Co Lada 14-sai
Closed Thread