4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-11-05, 07:50   Link #21
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Now THIS is what TRY was lacking all time, magic recaptured confirmed. Also, Ral's VA doesn't get replaced until next week's episode as far as I am aware.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 07:52   Link #22
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
The blonde lady at the end is most likely the current Meijin, given her shades and acquaintance with Yuuki

Yuuki by this point is probably retired as a Meijin, and is doing promotional work like Sei's dad before him
You do know it's 3 vs 3 now right? Yuuki still have his Meijin attire in the opening together with the FeMeijin. The third member would most likely be the guy in the White Tuxedo.
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 07:52   Link #23
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
While it's impressive seeing Sekai's training paid off, the fact that the Build Burning Gundam moving in space like he's running has bend some rules of physics!
Nah he's just somehow using plavsky particles as a base to move off, how he managed to do this though is beyond me, unless it's a system built into the build burning by Sei, which. Would not be surprising
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 07:56   Link #24
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Actually, A simpler explanation is that Yuuki isn't really allowed to compete in an U-18 tourney. That's why this girl is entering.
Old 2014-11-05, 07:57   Link #25
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
You do know it's 3 vs 3 now right? Yuuki still have his Meijin attire in the opening together with the FeMeijin. The third member would most likely be the guy in the White Tuxedo.

It is possible they can be a team, but at the same time remember that this is a school division tourney. World level tournaments like the one in S1 are still probably singleton, though there is the possibility of team battling on a world level running with the standard 1v1format as a separate event/tournament

BTW am I not the only one here loving the sheer amount of girl power they're putting into this show? Now we have another character, this time with apparently world level battling skills
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 08:16   Link #26
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
While it's impressive seeing Sekai's training paid off, the fact that the Build Burning Gundam moving in space like he's running has bend some rules of physics!
Technically he's just using his plavsky particle emissions to create "solid" particle effects which he then "steps" off from. Basically he's really learning to use what the Build Burning has at its disposal instead of just doing Kenpo with it.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 08:22   Link #27
kuroihikari2

Yeah, the animation made it clear that the Build Burning is actually stepping on something.

Frankly, though, this show can get away with a little physics bending. After all, Plavsky particles are literally fairy dust that makes wishes come true.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 08:39   Link #28
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
BTW am I not the only one here loving the sheer amount of girl power they're putting into this show? Now we have another character, this time with apparently world level battling skills
Yeah, BFT seems to be going for gender parity in a genre that historically has been male dominated. But the way they are framing things definitely feels like they are attempting to put a focus on girls and women. Like the boys still do cool flashy stuff, but the girls do too while the show actively goes "Hey girls can do cool stuff too, dont look down on them".

This episode had something that kind of struck me when I saw it do to how rare it was. Women role models. Its common to see men as role models in anime, but having one of the protagonists look up to a woman because it inspires in her the belief that she could do just as well as the boys in the sport is really uplifting.

Its been the most pleasant surprise I've had this season, and in gundam in general really. Well at least since Turn A.
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 08:44   Link #29
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
It is possible they can be a team, but at the same time remember that this is a school division tourney. World level tournaments like the one in S1 are still probably singleton, though there is the possibility of team battling on a world level running with the standard 1v1format as a separate event/tournament

I don't think so. I personally think that whoever will become the winner of the Championship tournament in Japan will have the ticket for the World Tournament on the 2nd cour. So FeMeijin 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 3 would be likely impossible
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 09:15   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A pretty good episode. It was nice to see all the cast working out their gunpla or training in order to be ready for this. Will admit I'm not entirely sure the upgrades Yuuma made to his Lightning Gundam are, but the effect looks pretty good. Maybe it was adding the flight mode.

Good on Sekai for figuring out how to maximize the abilities of the Build Burning Gundam out there. A creative style that paid off.

Props to Fumina's outfit for returning...I mean her Winning Gundam for it's debut . While the previous unit was cool it seems like she's used her head to maximize the team's strengths. Something very mobile that can still fight seems like a solid bet. Will have to see how strong that Winning Gundam can be. Great way to end things with her tackling Sekai and Yuuma .

And yeah, Sakai continues to be annoying. Everything is about him.
Old 2014-11-05, 09:20   Link #31
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
And yeah, Sakai continues to be annoying. Everything is about him.
Agreed. C'mon, he's a jerkass from the Gunpla Shingyo school unlike Mao Yasaka!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 10:14   Link #32
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Pretty good episode, introducing us Lightning Gundam's new equipment and the Winning Gundam. I really love the combining to change mode gimmick. The next episode looks promising, here's hoping a great tactical battle
Old 2014-11-05, 10:25   Link #33
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

I hope Sei is still competing, the best scenario would be Yuuki Senpai the blonde Lady and him were one team.
Old 2014-11-05, 10:30   Link #34
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Another good episode. I hopes to see Winning combining soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
So who is this mysterious lady?

A new Mejin? Oh my goodness.
Another Onee-san? Truly, Tomino is ushering in the Age of Onee-sans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
You know, I think I'd like to see more of Team Cross Sword. I mean Spiegel, Strike Noir and Sandrock, all MS whose names start with the letter S and wielding twin blades?
Yeah, I liked it too. I think all three of them are predominantly black and white too.
Old 2014-11-05, 10:40   Link #35
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Tournament character introductionary begun.
LOL at Yuuma commenting about Chusui for space battle.
Really curious about the Destiny pilot; his team uniform is red and white jacket 'huh ...

Both Lightning Gundam and Build Burning shows their new performance. Excellent.
Lightning Gundam didn't dissapoint, while Build Burning comes with an airwalk and it's own Gunpla-style Rasengan.

I like how Minato surprised by Build Burning; especially since he defeat Sekai before.
Compare to SBS, Build Burning clearly had superior output. I wonder how Sei used it before.

New Meijin, Lady-- another deadly onee-san;
Never expected Stargazer would appear and come with such appeal like that.

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 10:53   Link #36
Wandering Soul

Great episode. Got to see how everyone's hard work payed off and it was a nice fight. Lol'ed at Yuuma's comment about what the swimming team would do in space. Yuuma made some improvements, Fumina built her own SD gundam and Sekai learned to fight in space. It was also pretty good to the fight with Fumina tackling the others into a hug while they reassure her they will go even farther

It was also nice seeing Tatsuya again along with the female Mejin who turned out to also be Fumina's role model. Also Ral has a new voice so goodbye to his old one. The stargazer looks pretty cool too.

Sakai contiunes to be an annoying jerk.
Old 2014-11-05, 11:00   Link #37
pampz21
ShipCore

The use of Build Burning Godamn~ Reminds me of Sanji:will Sekai use "Hell's Memories" in the future?

JK aside.

Pretty solid episode; Now Iam wondering the tournament bracket is pretty small its likely we'll get 12 episode; id like to have a 25 or so they can add twist like All age tournament; or we have a second batch of MC or cameos from season 1?>

EDIT: It would be nice if God Gundam has built on thrusters in the hands like Iron Man!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 11:17   Link #38
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

I bet they will fight Team Free! in a desert field. And then surprise, they'll swim in the sand.
Did that team seriously fight with just their trunks? Talk about dedication
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 11:20   Link #39
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Reminds me of that Fate/Stay magical girl spin off show. In it, one of the girls can't fly because she mentally thinks its scientifically impossible, so instead she creates magical platforms which she can run and jump off of, similar to Sekai
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 11:23   Link #40
Sixth
Hu Tao

The producer lied. They said they won't end the fight with a punch like the original build gundam did....but Sekai always finished his opponents with fist. Is Sekai's fist really hard to dodge? or it has unique effect like immoblize the opponents every time he is using the fist technique.

As for the underwater team...so what's are they going to do if they are not in underwater? or their gunpla is good enough to pull "Kisame from Naruto" by making the entire field into sea?

Sekai looks amazing when he is practising his martial arts.

Again, no enough Mirai-san.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote