2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-10-17, 16:49   Link #21
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dahm View Post
Wow sure got quite around these parts. This is easily the least active I can ever remember a Gundam forum thread pretty much anywhere. Hell even AGE had more buzz than G-Reco.
I think a lot of people gave up on this show since it's so hard to follow for Tomino newbies. Don't blame them. Not to mention the forum has been on a slow decline since it peaked when Seed Destiny aired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Prior to the main series' beginnings, the world agreed cut back on weapons development and ultimately stop widescale war entirely. All of the weapon blueprints were preserved in various EXA-DBs protected by SIDs. From there, humanity within the Earth Sphere rarely used weapons, and when they did, they were nothing compared to what was found in the EXA-DBs, something the Vagans quickly capitalized on.
The Earthlings in AGE actually banned mobile suits entirely, and had to redevelop them when the Vagans started attacking. Basically the same situation we have in RC, where mobile suits were a taboo for the longest time but the sides recently started militarizing again.
Old 2014-10-18, 01:11   Link #22
suiken

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I think a lot of people gave up on this show since it's so hard to follow for Tomino newbies. Don't blame them. Not to mention the forum has been on a slow decline since it peaked when Seed Destiny aired
Well, it's their loss. They dropped the series at the wrong time. I'd say this generation is rather impatient. They want the whole thing spoonfed to their mouths and easily gets bored if things get too sophisticated and only wants instant gratification. If you look at other medias other than anime, they are no different.

My opinion in this episode:

- Klim Nick is starting to grow on me. I always love a cool a-hole like him. Something similar to Ali Al Sachez.

- Things are starting to get heat up. Good.

- So Capital Guards and Capital Army are two separate forces.

- It took 3 chapters to close the hatch of G-self.

- Good to see G-Arcane in it's debut.
suiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 02:13   Link #23
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow, bordering a bit on elitism here . Just because this show isn't to everyone's tastes hardly means there is a problem with those people. It'd be like those people saying the ones still watching are delusional.
Old 2014-10-18, 02:52   Link #24
suiken

I have no problem with people disliking something. I however problem with people talking shit on someone's taste. But you can see the irony on my side, right?

I'm sorry for venting my frustration here. I'm showing some immaturity at my age. Sometimes, emotion gets ahead of me.

If you want to discuss that matter, feel free to message me or something. But I'd rather leave things at that in this forum.
suiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 03:10   Link #25
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dahm View Post
Wow sure got quite around these parts. This is easily the least active I can ever remember a Gundam forum thread pretty much anywhere. Hell even AGE had more buzz than G-Reco.
Aside from some people who have dropped this series (thanks to Tomino style), there’s also not much happening in this episode beside some introduction to the pirate members, some subtle mention of background info on what they’re planning to do, and Bellri get to fight his own instructor and finally acknowledged (kinda?) by the rest of the pirate crew.

Anyway, one thing I found strange is that those pilots can’t communicate without touching one another due to M-particles when in episode 3, Klim & Dellensen was exchanging words mid-battle. I think it’s something like this:

Klim: “This is how you use a Javelin!” *throw*
Dellensen: *missed* “What Javelin?!” *LOL*

Or is that just another one of Tomino’s weird habit of presenting characters that look like they speak to each other even if they can’t hear each other?

Side note: That eyecatch and Raraiya’s antics! They’re hilarious that I can’t get enough of them. It's even more hilarious because Raraiya is actually quite pretty & sexy which imo will be quite charming if she behaves like a normal serious girl. Still, please Raraiya, stay brain-damaged like that for a while. I kinda like you right now. (I’m a bad person, aren’t I? )
Old 2014-10-18, 09:04   Link #26
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Nothing worth complaining about this episode, although I wonder why none of the hostages are ever restrained (is it because they're on a boat?).
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 09:43   Link #27
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Nothing worth complaining about this episode, although I wonder why none of the hostages are ever restrained (is it because they're on a boat?).
They were locked inside a room for a while. Other than that though it seems people in RC treat their prisoners pretty well in general. Considering this is a world that just went through 1000 years without wars I think it's fairly logical.
Old 2014-10-18, 09:49   Link #28
hamazura
whatever

i didnt know people are bitching to G-reco, lol
its good and very enjoyable for me
Old 2014-10-18, 09:54   Link #29
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Remember episode 3's "next episode" blurb?

bellri said that even if you don't want to watch the next ep, you should watch it.

This ep's blurb is now: "Now you want to watch this, do you?"
Old 2014-10-18, 10:05   Link #30
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
its good and very enjoyable for me
I'm actually enjoying it more than Try.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 11:11   Link #31
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

I move to make comparing try and G-Reco be a bannable offense. It doesn't really respect each show's strengths and would just clutter both episode discussions with senseless drivel just throwing mud at each other's fence.
Old 2014-10-19, 11:05   Link #32
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wow, this era seems to have an incredibly lax attitude towards prisoners.

But then again this is Tomino so escaping prisoners will be in an extreme abundance...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 12:19   Link #33
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Are the weekly tv ratings out yet? If so what are the weekly ratings? I remember watching the early UC series many years ago and I was okay with Tomino's style. Mainly because I thought that during that point in time people might not have been so critical of his different style , and that his skills would still be improving.

Even back then I didn't think that his style was suitable for an anime in 'modern times' , therefore I was quite surprised that he is aiming this show at a younger audience using a similar style. I don't hate his style or am I condemning his style, but I guess I should really adjust myself to embrace the Tomino of the old.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 14:35   Link #34
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDamien View Post
Are the weekly tv ratings out yet? If so what are the weekly ratings?
Weekly ratings aren't out... And are pretty much irrelevant since this is a late night anime. Plus TV rating that we get are typically based on numbers from Kantou, which is broadcasting this show 1 day later than Kansai.

However, the preorders on Amazon for the BD did start off pretty strong...
Old 2014-10-20, 03:39   Link #35
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Not a bad episode, pretty fun. But that Su-Cord stuff was pretty random. I didn't know what to make of it. But damn, this shit is moving fast.

Catsith's are total awesome BTW. My new favorite mobile suit.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 04:48   Link #36
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
They were locked inside a room for a while. Other than that though it seems people in RC treat their prisoners pretty well in general. Considering this is a world that just went through 1000 years without wars I think it's fairly logical.
The soldiers themselves feel very amateurish because of the era.

Dellensen was very devastated from loss of his men, something that I don't think I saw in other UC Gundams. Their perspective as the fighting gets larger is going to be interesting.
Old 2014-10-20, 17:51   Link #37
Elder

It's interesting how steeped in current Japanese politics this episode is. Is it just a coincidence or just Tomino airing his views?
Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 20:19   Link #38
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder View Post
It's interesting how steeped in current Japanese politics this episode is. Is it just a coincidence or just Tomino airing his views?
No Tomino is part of a movement that includes the likes of Miyazaki (The Wind Rises) that is very critical of the Japanese governments move to try and reorganize into an open army that can deploy itself overseas which the Capital Army is clearly representative of and the Capital Guard is clearly something of a stand in for the JSDF. The thing is while he gets credited as being Mr. Kill Em' All in reality Tomino is something of a humanist that saw the horrors of post war Japan first hand and took the harsh lessons of the people that had to clean up the aftermath to heart. His viewpoint tends to be very critical of the older generations that would make a mess of domestic and foreign affairs and then leave generations like his Post WWII to clean up the mess and so he would like to see that sort of conflict that nearly destroyed his country and much of the world never happen again and has always trying to be about imparting the horrors of war and how it affects the younger generations and innocent civilians the most, seeing it as his duty as a science fiction writer and director. This is also why he never really pulled his punches when it came to character deaths, he wanted to make it clear that in war this is what can happen, no matter who you are you can die and when that happens that's it. War is just a terrible thing.

That's why it just kind of crushes me as a long time fan of the man and the franchise he created that some people are so dismissive of this show so readily because to me it's actually shaping up to mean something and be a very personal work for a guy that is probably going to retire for real after it's done. I'd like to think people would keep a more open mind as to where this guy came from and how he's not working out of a modern commercial angle when it comes to this show necessarily but something else entirely more meaningful in the long run. At least that's my gut feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Not a bad episode, pretty fun. But that Su-Cord stuff was pretty random. I didn't know what to make of it. But damn, this shit is moving fast.

Catsith's are total awesome BTW. My new favorite mobile suit.
Su-Cordism is the religion which that pope fellow is the head of that we see in the opening episode, though all that's really known about them is they seem to be a major force behind the Capitals power base as well as the Capital Army and that on the surface they advocate for a taboo on advancement of technology so that the likelihood of the kinds of wars that apparently destroyed the Universal Century Earth Sphere never happen again.
Dr. Dahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 22:51   Link #39
Psyco Diver

I get the distinct feeling Tomino finally found some anti-depresants that acctually work

This series really has a Turn A like feel to it
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-21, 06:46   Link #40
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

@Dr. Dahm : That is a very good insight indeed.

The current generation of fans only go after the mecha action and not on the depth of the story.

They want flashy beam spams and mindless sword slashing, and doesn't care if the characters or the world they're in are fleshed out in-depth.