AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-05-15, 04:31   Link #21
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Manga subs are at chapter 8 right now. Dude, read chapter 8 & you'll understand why I'm raging here. He used a non-combatant type MS against 32 students & was pwning them hard. Even the instructor wanted in on the action.

Keep in mind that this isn't the high school or Meijin Yuuki who is much more experienced now. This is noob Yuuki who is still relatively fresh in the Gunpla academy...

If he could do all that before he even gained world level experience, then I can't possibly fathom how he lost to Seiji. -_-

Giving Yuuki backstory is making his loss feel like even more bullshit than it originally was...
Just read the chapter

To be fair, a "Non-Combatant" MS in this series really does not mean much. In the actual show this would mean no weapons (as implied) and reduced performances to suit whatever civilian role

In this series, its still just a gunpla, so the only determining factor here is the build quality (which the manga gave zero indication of the level of quality) and lack of weapons (which Yuuki easily overcame by appropriating other weapons and utilizing hand to hand combat)

This, plus his utilization of the terrain (close/confined city areas), combined with the fact that the students only came at him bit by bit (due to said terrain and possibility of hitting each other if too much went). actually gave Yuuki more of an advantage than what the instructor (LOL A GUY) initially thought. And by the time the Instructor stepped in (due to being pissed at the class' incompetence), we have no idea how far Yuuki got through the 32 (though we can safely assume he took out a significant amount)

And after all this, he still fainted like any normal person would

As for the bolded part in your comment:

You are missing a piece of critical info here:

Yuuki is ALREADY at World competing level. Its literally a requirement of the academy, and even then its not 100% you can get in unless you are truly cream of the crop or have excellent connections (noted in the actual show)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 10:37   Link #22
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^Thinking back on it, you're right. I overlooked the fact that Gunpla academy's requirement is "the best". In that regard, Yuuki was already highly skilled, but I can safely say that he was a far cry from his current self. That said, even though the requirement is "the best," I"ll have to say that he wasn't exactly world class level yet. When we see his match against Takeshi, we clearly saw the difference when Takeshi decided to get serious.

Not only that, but if the academy's requirement is world class level, then that makes his loss even more bullshit because he essentially took on 32 world class fighters & creamed most of them.

Also, using an unarmed MS & commandeering weapons not only showed that he was creative, but it also showcased his ability to adapt. Still, the fact remains that he was given a civilian MS, with the intention of placing him at a handicap. Whether he overcame the handicap or not, is irrelevant.

We've seen from the anime that there are different types of gunpla & each boast different abilities & systems. Since the students were using their own custom gunpla, we can basically assume they they did have systems &/or special properties equipped. Whereas, Yuuki's using a hobby MS (I think the word hobby makes it pretty clear that this thing is standard/stock).

TL;DR, No matter what reasoning we come up with, the bullshit from his loss at the world tournament was intensified. The only thing that gives me a ounce of relief, is the fact that he was being mind-controlled. (Which essentially traded creativity & adaptability, for brute force & predictable offense)
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2014-05-15 at 21:29. Reason: Dat grammar tho
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 16:29   Link #23
Jetspectacular

So who wants to guess what the instructor's MS is? My money is on something in the Psycho Gundam family ahahaha.

It sucks that Nu Brave is "hostage" right now, but also I hope Allan builds him something cool to start. Gelgoog MSV probably

Chapter 9 is still more than 2 weeks away...
Jetspectacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 21:01   Link #24
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

tl;dr what make Imagine is special is that he painted it red.

surprised twist at the end

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 22:14   Link #25
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Can I facepalm yet? Because that's utterly BS!
Old 2014-06-20, 23:42   Link #26
Blazer-X

So, we might find out who the second Meijin is, if this manga keeps going at this rate.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 02:53   Link #27
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post
So, we might find out who the second Meijin is, if this manga keeps going at this rate.
We already did, it's the crossdresser man

Unless you managed to miss the obvious scarf
Old 2014-06-21, 07:22   Link #28
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
We already did, it's the crossdresser man

Unless you managed to miss the obvious scarf
The crossdresser man and the second Meijin are different characters as shown in this chapter: said crossdresser reports to the Meijin.

Also, YANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 23:35   Link #29
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I wonder what is the real meaning of Yuuki changed the prefix of his Gunpla from "Brave" to "Amazing"?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 08:04   Link #30
Kirandra

I started translating GBF Document, if anyone's interested: http://yemutu.tumblr.com/post/896518...rs-document-01
Kirandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 13:56   Link #31
Jetspectacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirandra View Post
I started translating GBF Document, if anyone's interested: http://yemutu.tumblr.com/post/896518...rs-document-01
Cool, thanks!
Jetspectacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 18:24   Link #32
Skye629

Paint MS Red = 3x Better

Is that really hard to understand? LOL

As for the 2nd, WE KNOW WHO HE IS

We just need to see how he looks like
Old 2014-06-23, 23:51   Link #33
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Maybe, F91 Imagine has a unique inner-frame, like Nu Brave?
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 13:46   Link #34
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirandra View Post
Thanks a million. Your effort is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Paint MS Red = 3x Better

Is that really hard to understand? LOL
True story. Char approves. XD

----------------------

Yes. That really was indeed a twist at the end. I really thought that person was Tooru, but it turns out to be someone also closely connected to him. Thus begins the clash of Tooru's friends.

Also, calling it now. That Kaila girl is gonna be Yuuki's love interest sooner or later. We all know how GBF invests greatly in its romance department. lol
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2014-06-26, 15:41   Link #35
Blazer-X

Imagine if Tooru is the Second Meijin... o_O
Old 2014-06-26, 17:28   Link #36
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post
Imagine if Tooru is the Second Meijin... o_O
No the Second is too old to be him (I think)
Old 2014-06-27, 01:47   Link #37
Blazer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
No the Second is too old to be him (I think)
Probably. Granted, they did almost troll us with that possibility with a custom Strike in front of the Meijin when he was talking to Prof. Crossdresser.
Old 2014-06-27, 19:41   Link #38
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Also, calling it now. That Kaila girl is gonna be Yuuki's love interest sooner or later. We all know how GBF invests greatly in its romance department. lol
You're implying they'll sacrifice token homo not!couple that is AllanxTatsuya

Of course, per gundam tradition it's possible that she's simply pushed to the background after winning the romance department.
Old 2014-06-28, 16:41   Link #39
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
You're implying they'll sacrifice token homo not!couple that is AllanxTatsuya

Of course, per gundam tradition it's possible that she's simply pushed to the background after winning the romance department.
Gundam isn't too big on token homo couples. lol The most the fangirls get is "really good friends bordering on brotherhood" or "extreme male rivalry" XD Also, I don't think AllenxTatsuya could hold a candle to Seiji lolol

In all seriousness though, I have to agree with you on the second point. Once the romantic development is cleared, the girls always fade into the background & their appearances in the series become cameo-like.
Old 2014-06-28, 21:45   Link #40
Skye629

Quote:
Gundam isn't too big on token homo couples. lol The most the fangirls get is "really good friends bordering on brotherhood" or "extreme male rivalry" XD Also, I don't think AllenxTatsuya could hold a candle to Seiji lolol

In all seriousness though, I have to agree with you on the second point. Once the romantic development is cleared, the girls always fade into the background & their appearances in the series become cameo-like.
The term for that is Bromance dude