AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-10-07, 17:08   Link #21
AC-Phoenix
Detective

2nd time they pull this shit with Europe.
Apparently Europe isn't valuable enough as a customer for them to get those licenses there too. I'll seriously have to re-evaluate my subscription at some point.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2023-10-07 at 18:03.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-07, 18:37   Link #22
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Let me refresh your memory for bit. In first season Goblin Slayer killed lot of goblins. In the movie he also killed lot of goblins.
If I had to guess then in this season he'll be killing a lot of goblins as well.
Old 2023-10-07, 18:50   Link #23
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

He literarly said it a few times in this episode.

Though, to be fair, bosses change, and they sometimes get temporary party members. And use a different tactic.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-08, 11:06   Link #24
Twi

Okay, I've slept off whatever I had yesterday and finished my usual process. You know the drill. The review is here and the changes in adaptation are below:

Spoiler:
Old 2023-10-09, 08:40   Link #25
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 1:

dropped. This is one of my least favorite chapters in the manga, and combined with the new "looks" of the characters with bad animation. It's not really worth watching.

fastest drop of the season.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2023-10-10 at 04:45.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-09, 09:17   Link #26
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I've never been a big fan of the whole guild interaction so I kinda liked that Goblin Slayer was interested in helping the glasses kid
Old 2023-10-09, 12:57   Link #27
Twi

Honestly, I think that the Veterans were giving him a lot of leeway all things considered because he was a newbie. A lot of them start out cocky, but they'd learn if they lived.
Old 2023-10-10, 02:54   Link #28
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Goblin Slayer II. An Ordinary Spring Day

For me the wait lasted three and a half years since I watched the film Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown back on February 2020.

To the newbies if they haven't watched Goblin's Crown and just the first season they may get a little confused as to whom the party mentioned as Noble Fencer as well as the timeline.
Priestess said over a year has elapsed and was looking forward to get her rank promoted.

Meanwhile, we get introduced to this Wizard Boy hell bent to kill goblins so he waited for Goblin Slayer and asked him to teach him the how to, however, Goblin Slayer refused, and I do understand his refusal.

Big mistake to underestimate goblins as many rookie adventurers do when they deem the critters the weakest amongst monster species. Nevertheless, the flashbacks from Priestess first and failed adventurering party proved that goblins can be cunning and treacherous, and them ganging-up on you becomes a nighmare of never-ending torture and relentless brutality.

Hence, Goblin Slayer doesn't want to add another fresh rookie right into the slaughterhouse, so he recommends the Wizard Boy to go first hone his skills and basics doing menial, rat killing quests.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-10, 07:37   Link #29
Twi

The OP is also very good and violent, as you'd hope for:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-10-10, 10:44   Link #30
HandofFate

So I guess higher intelligence goblins can read?
Since Goblin Slayer didn't want the newbie to write notes so if he dies and the goblin gets his notes, they know the strategies used against them.
Old 2023-10-10, 11:00   Link #31
Twi

Goblin Lord could read, strategize, and speak the common tongue.
Goblin Paladin had an intelligence bump due to the boon he got from a God of Wisdom.

No taking chances.
Old 2023-10-10, 18:33   Link #32
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Goblin Lord could read, strategize, and speak the common tongue.
Goblin Paladin had an intelligence bump due to the boon he got from a God of Wisdom.

No taking chances.
You sure the Goblin Paladin wasn't just an Oath of Ancients Paladin?
Why would any god bestow gifts on goblins...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2023-10-10, 18:59   Link #33
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
You sure the Goblin Paladin wasn't just an Oath of Ancients Paladin?
Why would any god bestow gifts on goblins...
Because it amuses them.

The God of Wisdom doesn't care who it gives its blessings to or for what reason, which is why people are wary of worshippers of it. It just wants to see what they'll do with it. So you ask for a boon via proper means or catch its interests and it will tell you how to do it, even if you don't know why it works and even if it will cause chaos.

And considering the sheer number of Goblin Shamans who can cast magic, if they ain't clerics that means they learn via words of power in their tongue. That's even more horrifying because that means they didn't need a handout.
Old 2023-10-11, 23:08   Link #34
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Because it amuses them.

The God of Wisdom doesn't care who it gives its blessings to or for what reason, which is why people are wary of worshippers of it. It just wants to see what they'll do with it. So you ask for a boon via proper means or catch its interests and it will tell you how to do it, even if you don't know why it works and even if it will cause chaos.

And considering the sheer number of Goblin Shamans who can cast magic, if they ain't clerics that means they learn via words of power in their tongue. That's even more horrifying because that means they didn't need a handout.
The Paladin at least shouldn't have needed the god to begin with, as E5 Paladins get powers from their oath.

--
Something I completely forgot to QQ about:

Could it be that people at the guild have no idea what they are doing? The cleric gets pulled along... uhm duh?
Not sure that guild actually knows how healers work, until they want to imply that that particular group doesn't need healing at all?
Especially considering the costs of potions, even just healing after combat should at least earn her the right to promotions up to silver...

Old 2023-10-12, 07:16   Link #35
GDB

Your rank isn't about usefulness to a team, it's about your resourcefulness, skill, cunning, etc. That's why Goblin Slayer, a loner who doesn't fight dragons or the like, is Silver rank.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-12, 07:33   Link #36
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Something I completely forgot to QQ about:

Could it be that people at the guild have no idea what they are doing? The cleric gets pulled along... uhm duh?
Not sure that guild actually knows how healers work, until they want to imply that that particular group doesn't need healing at all?
Especially considering the costs of potions, even just healing after combat should at least earn her the right to promotions up to silver...
You don't get to coast on your class. Especially not when there's a better healer in the group with Lizard Priest, to the point where they rarely use Priestess for healing when he's around. She's support, but she needs to demonstrate the capacity to act on her own without the Silver Ranks holding her hands.

If anything, her promotion to Obsidian was faster than normal. Poop Patrol are still Porcelain ranked and they've been there just as long as Priestess, give or take two weeks.

And you don't even know how Lancer, Guts, Female Knight, and Witch got their first promotion. It was a literal boss fight with them and a bunch of other rookies against a giant monster backed by hordes of acidic slimes that dropped from the ceiling to dissolve people. GS had to fight twenty-five goblins and defend a village without a single casualty.

Rookies these days have it easy. There was no training camp being built back then. It was get good or die young.

Oh, I hope they adapt Year One someday.
Old 2023-10-13, 10:22   Link #37
HandofFate

Didn't expect the bratty kid to be the younger brother of the female mage that died last season. Does GS feel guilt for being the one to mercy kill her, or that he didn't make it in time.

Lancer bro continues to be a bro, he can tell GS feels down without seeing his face.
Old 2023-10-13, 12:45   Link #38
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

This episode had some action at least. Though, I still feel that production values dropped with studio change. Eh.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-13, 13:18   Link #39
Twi

Review done. Adaptation content skipped/changed below.

Spoiler:
Old 2023-10-13, 13:20   Link #40
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Didn't expect the bratty kid to be the younger brother of the female mage that died last season. Does GS feel guilt for being the one to mercy kill her, or that he didn't make it in time.
Yeah, kinda unexpected. Obvious in hindsight, once it was mentioned, it was easy to tell. Also surprised to see GS getting emotional to this extent. I always thought he had a "oh well..." philosophy about adventurers getting offed by goblins. Though its possible he always felt that way and just never showed it, I'm guessing he had particular feelings because of 2 reasons; Annoying Boy's older sister, and him doing the killing. Still wouldn't have expected him to ball up in an alley crying his eyes out. It doesn't really feel like GS to me, to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
This episode had some action at least. Though, I still feel that production values dropped with studio change. Eh.
Yeah, animation is a downgrade for sure, but at least story isn't missing a beat. Annoying Boy is still annoying though, and he isn't going away after this episode like I hoped...

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote