AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 34 40.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 33.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 7.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-12-19, 14:10   Link #21
Primary Consult

Using the OP theme as the battle insert would have worked better if they had skipped the OP for the episode.

+Mikoto finally using full power.
+"Your perverseness has recharged me".

-Some of the differences with the manga were not for the better (and I read the Manga after watching the episode, to keep my bias towards the anime). The original Kiyama-Mikoto conversation was really good, since:
Spoiler for Manga version of Kiyama getting hauled away, and Index anime:

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrigs View Post
did anyone notice the use of a certain sound from the game "starcraft" in this episode ? i'm curious if that's completely legal.
Yes! I can't believe I forgot about that! I replayed that second to make sure I heard it right... well, maybe Mikoto realized she needed to construct additional pylons during the fight :P

Last edited by Primary Consult; 2009-12-19 at 14:23. Reason: starcraft
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 14:21   Link #22
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler for ep12:
Could you elaborate on the last portion of the spoiler tab? I'm curious about possible connections will the novel.
RPG_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 14:44   Link #23
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Yes! I can't believe I forgot about that! I replayed that second to make sure I heard it right... well, maybe Mikoto realized she needed to construct additional pylons during the fight :P
Perhaps she's warping in Templar Archives to research Psionic Storm?
Old 2009-12-19, 15:16   Link #24
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

EPIC. that's all there is to say. "This is... Level 5.." i had to watch it several times because it was so good. is this 13 eps only or 26 like index?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 15:17   Link #25
Inconvenient
Railgun Fanatic

Quote:
did anyone notice the use of a certain sound from the game "starcraft" in this episode ? i'm curious if that's completely legal.
Lol, what was the timestamp for that? I want to hear it.
Inconvenient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 15:22   Link #26
BlueDo

Yep, pretty good episode.
Too bad there was no Certain Punch.

So what do you suppose is happening after this?
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 15:45   Link #27
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
Spoiler for Episode 12 spoilers:
They prolly won't animate it cause if they did it would kinda feel repetitive since it was covered in To Aru Majutsu no Index(yes, I know it was different from Index but it's still about the same story).
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 16:13   Link #28
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
Yep, pretty good episode.
Too bad there was no Certain Punch.

So what do you suppose is happening after this?
The lacking of the Punch made me sad. I assume a couple filler episodes will be next, followed by whatever story arc they wish to use next.

Probably one of the following:
Spoiler for Spoilers:
RPG_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 16:17   Link #29
RedWing

This episode pretty much killed the entire universe for me. With all this power in the hands of little kids, whats to stop them from going rampant and killing people? Whats to stop a group of murderes with high powers simply terrorising people? AntiSkill is useless and Judgement seems to be run by little kids. Had the level upper woman simply broadcast the sound over the broadcast system she could've taken out 99% of the entire city in 5 mins. Thats nuclear level capabilities and she somehow managed to create this this all by herself! Wonder what damage could come if a team of scientistts came together!

This episode really did it because it showed just how powerful Railgun and how devoid from any source of reealism the universe truly is.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 16:40   Link #30
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
This episode pretty much killed the entire universe for me. With all this power in the hands of little kids, whats to stop them from going rampant and killing people? Whats to stop a group of murderes with high powers simply terrorising people? AntiSkill is useless and Judgement seems to be run by little kids. Had the level upper woman simply broadcast the sound over the broadcast system she could've taken out 99% of the entire city in 5 mins. Thats nuclear level capabilities and she somehow managed to create this this all by herself! Wonder what damage could come if a team of scientistts came together!
The authority of Academy City doesn't give her access to the Tree Diagram what makes you think they would give her access to the speaker system.

The authorities want her findings supressed as it would reveal the dark side of Academy City.

If somebody outside Academy City got wind of this no wonder Sherry Cromwell was sent to Academy City.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 17:12   Link #31
BlueDo

Quote:
With all this power in the hands of little kids, whats to stop them from going rampant and killing people?
Pretty much nothing.
That's why the Level 5's always get special treatments.
Academy City is a shady place.

And you seem to think that there are a lot of super-powered people. There aren't.
If for some reason some group of Level Four's decide to wreak havoc, you'd have to leave it up to stronger people. (Again, shady business)
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 17:45   Link #32
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Really? Cool, what sound is that?

Anyway, I liked this episode. Hearing the intro during the climactic moment was not as impressive as it should have been (this opening, while nice on the ear, doesn't really have that 'epic feeling') and I quite liked this fight as well. Not an incredibly fight, but still very much enjoyable. The Railgun blast at the end certainly was a cool finish.

And Saten's rehabilitation at the end was just full of win. :3
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 17:47   Link #33
Primary Consult

Quote:

This episode really did it because it showed just how powerful Railgun and how devoid from any source of reealism the universe truly is.
-Anti-skill indicated that since they were fighting a researcher, they didn't bring any equipment to deal with esper usage.
-A certain amount of mental discipline is needed to get to the higher levels, a natural property that keeps most delinquents from getting to the point where they could cause a problem.
-The chance that 'law-abiding citizens' have higher level abilities is significant, so only the particularly stupid would engage a fight with someone they don't have any information on. Analogy: In a town where a third of the residents have guns, are you really going to attempt to rob someone with a knife?
-The rampant low-level crime in Academy City pretty much illustrates exactly what you said, the law enforcement system is inadequate. Even Mikoto says this in the first episode though.
-The full-force response of anti-skill towards Sherry (Index) and Kiyama here indicates that if you make big enough waves, someone will try and stop you.
-Judgement has to have kids since it is primarily students who have abilities, the older folk in the city are either teachers or researchers (and you shouldn't research abilities if you've made yourself part of the experiment).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inconvenient View Post
Lol, what was the timestamp for that? I want to hear it.
Between 12:30 and 12:40... I just played some PvT on iccup today, it most definitely is the same sound effect.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 18:07   Link #34
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It's too bad the anti-skill suffer from the constant Worf-effect. Especially since we've never seen the anti-skill being awesome enough to justify the Worf-effect. They really need an episode with the anti-skill being awesome...
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 18:46   Link #35
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It's too bad the anti-skill suffer from the constant Worf-effect. Especially since we've never seen the anti-skill being awesome enough to justify the Worf-effect. They really need an episode with the anti-skill being awesome...
The problem with Anti-skill is, anything they can handle- they aren't needed. Anytime they are needed, they can't handle
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 19:10   Link #36
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
EPIC. that's all there is to say. "This is... Level 5.." i had to watch it several times because it was so good. is this 13 eps only or 26 like index?
It's 24 episodes, the same length as Index.
Old 2009-12-19, 19:10   Link #37
Clarste
Human

Quote:

Academy City is a dystopian technocracy. Any time we get any hints about how the city works, it looks like it sucks. It's a horrible, horrible place with only a thin veil of normalcy. What did you expect it to be like?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 20:02   Link #38
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie

Finally an episode that features the main attraction of the series to me - Mikoto in the full awesomeness of her overwhelming power!!! Even the not the best realization of the "Battle against The Fetus" (kek) didn't diminish my enjoyment Good job guys! (I'm praising not JCStaff here but producers for picking Railgun for animation. As for the studio - I have a few harsh words in me pocket )

Again (gah!) we had not the best animation in a kinda climactic episode... The same team that did 11th ep. did this one too. Seriously, JCStaff... I kinda understand that you hired lots of artists / animators in the "good" years and now, in a time of crisis, you want to give a little work to all of them, even the bad ones, but please - don't do this on my beloved Mikoto!

Anyway, 11/10 for fighting Mikoto!
-1 for mediocre screenplay and -3 for Mikoto not being as cute and moe as ever (for bad animation that is). Total: 7/10.
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
- We'd be happy to take a piece.
Natsuru:
- Can you even digest it with your guts hanging out like that?
Cyrus17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 20:51   Link #39
tsunade666

Is the episode 12 and 11's animation really that bad? I had watch it but I didn't see any difference on it.

Well it shows how strong really a level 5 is. I'm just starting to doubt the other level 5 when I see accelerator and a certain someone. But heck they are miles away from them. But truly a level 5 is awesome.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 21:57   Link #40
karuroso

hum...this episode made think that if Railgun had aired before Index i think the later would be more enjoyable...i mean i probably would have thought something like " hey! if that Touma guy fought with the fetus, he would probably win by just touching it?I would like to see a series with him using his ability"
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote