AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-07, 18:02   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

How is Rishe in any way a villainess? She was framed, and she even knows who did it. She's a nice girl all around too.
Old 2024-01-07, 19:21   Link #22
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
How is Rishe in any way a villainess? She was framed, and she even knows who did it. She's a nice girl all around too.
She's an accused Villainess .
Old 2024-01-07, 20:02   Link #23
zztop

Quote:
I agree, I always felt the title was a misnomer esp. when you consider she never did or does anything villian-like throughout the story.

I think this was caused by the author wanting to start her story using the popular "denounced otome villainess" cliche to hook internet readers (it started as a WN), and once she'd gotten them promptly abandoned any notions of Rishe being a villainess in any way.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-07, 21:39   Link #24
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Another good start to a show. The art-style is very shoujo (dang, those knockers on Rishe...), but the story so far makes up for it. I hope the past lives come into play a lot and this doesn't devolve into pure romance.
Rest assured. The main story consists of two main factors:
1. Meeting people from her past lives again and deal with their problems from a new perspective.
2. Stop the war from happening to not die this time.

And no, we won't see any conclusion as the novel itself is not finished yet.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-07, 23:58   Link #25
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
I agree, I always felt the title was a misnomer esp. when you consider she never did or does anything villian-like throughout the story.

I think this was caused by the author wanting to start her story using the popular "denounced otome villainess" cliche to hook internet readers (it started as a WN), and once she'd gotten them promptly abandoned any notions of Rishe being a villainess in any way.
This just made me realize that Charlotte from I'm Giving the Disgraced Noble Lady a Crash Course in Naughtiness! got the Villainess treatment despite being anything but .
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
1. Meeting people from her past lives again and deal with their problems from a new perspective.

And also romance, I imagine .
Old 2024-01-08, 07:24   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post

Yeah, the author totally just put that in the title to attract reader, since I think villainess stories are pretty popular (it's become a whole genre).

Anyway, as for the rest, I thought it was good enough. Rishe feels like she's going to be a competent heroine, given all the experience she has under her belt. Also, she's hot.
Old 2024-01-08, 10:35   Link #27
Frontier

Quote:
Yeah, the author totally just put that in the title to attract reader, since I think villainess stories are pretty popular (it's become a whole genre).

Anyway, as for the rest, I thought it was good enough. Rishe feels like she's going to be a competent heroine, given all the experience she has under her belt. Also, she's hot.
How much was her chest hurting being bound as hard as they must have been during her soldier days ?
Old 2024-01-08, 10:53   Link #28
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post

Alright, already sold.
Old 2024-01-08, 13:20   Link #29
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
How much was her chest hurting being bound as hard as they must have been during her soldier days ?
She learned a lot from her occupation, but of those skills saved her from her doom. Her bumping to her killer is leading her to a direct confrontation. She learned tradecraft of merchant, alchemist, maid, knight, etc.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-08, 15:09   Link #30
Marina2

The first episode surprised me. I like the idea of Rishe tried to take on a different path of life in each loop instead of trying to master one route repeatly.
Old 2024-01-08, 17:34   Link #31
Tenzen12

But what happened to that soldier behind Rishe and are disappearing soldiers common in this kingdom!?
Old 2024-01-09, 17:27   Link #32
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
But what happened to that soldier behind Rishe and are disappearing soldiers common in this kingdom!?
Dude bailed out from the sheer intensity of Rishe and Arnold locking blades .
Old 2024-01-10, 09:06   Link #33
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

So what happened in 5th loops?
It left me curious :/

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-11, 14:21   Link #34
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This had one of the most boring openings I've seen in a while. I hate one-man-army scenes, and this one went on for way too long. I might have dropped the series had I not seen the good reviews on ANN. Luckily the rest of the show is pretty entertaining.

Do we have more than the usual number of shoujo/josei series these days? There have been long periods where shoujo was rare and josei nonexistent. Seems like things have shifted some in the industry but maybe it's my imagination. The boom in villainess and isekai stories seems to have played a role. Right now I'm watching Apothecary Diaries, Dr. Elise, Frieren, this show, and Sign of Affection (which may not remain in my list if they guy isn't just pretty and nice). And that doesn't even exhaust all the possibilities.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-11, 18:17   Link #35
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
This had one of the most boring openings I've seen in a while. I hate one-man-army scenes, and this one went on for way too long. I might have dropped the series had I not seen the good reviews on ANN. Luckily the rest of the show is pretty entertaining.

Do we have more than the usual number of shoujo/josei series these days? There have been long periods where shoujo was rare and josei nonexistent. Seems like things have shifted some in the industry but maybe it's my imagination. The boom in villainess and isekai stories seems to have played a role. Right now I'm watching Apothecary Diaries, Dr. Elise, Frieren, this show, and Sign of Affection (which may not remain in my list if they guy isn't just pretty and nice). And that doesn't even exhaust all the possibilities.
Have you seen Rogue One...
Old 2024-01-11, 21:54   Link #36
scififan

Quote:

The anime adaption is only the tip of iceberg. There are countless web novels revolved around female antagonist and isekai. There are more popular web novels but haven't gotten anime adaption. I think some of these stories are more entertaining than the current anime adaption. This antithesis is similar to the trend where demon king or NPC of JRPG suddenly become protagonists. Many villaness and JRPG themes are mixed, such as Villainess Lvel 99.

The novelist said Apothecary Diaries was inspired by one Korean TV drama, but she chose to use a fictional ancient China as the background. So, it is also mixed theme. The villainess in Apothecary Diaries are traditional villainess. They bully other maids but scared away by Maomao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
So what happened in 5th loops?
It left me curious :/
She probably involved some black ops, such as jaegar or informant.
Old 2024-01-13, 11:52   Link #37
Strahan

Maid is kind of a weird choice for her in one of her loops. You'd think, as ambitious as she seems to be, she'd have chosen something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Yea, that was a good trick lol. To hide breasts that big, so effectively, there must be magic in this world
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-13, 12:37   Link #38
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
The novelist said Apothecary Diaries was inspired by one Korean TV drama, but she chose to use a fictional ancient China as the background.
Faux-Chinese settings have always been popular in this genre. Classics like Junni Kokuki ("Twelve Kingdoms") and Saiunkoku Monogatari both use them. Kanbal, Balsa's home country in Seirei no Moribito, was thought to have been based on Korea. That sparked anti-Korean sentiments on places like 2-chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Maid is kind of a weird choice for her in one of her loops. You'd think, as ambitious as she seems to be, she'd have chosen something else.
That was my immediate reaction as well. I suppose we could make up a devious story where she chose the maid job to infiltrate and carry out some other mission. Otherwise it seemed a very unlikely choice to me, too.
Old 2024-01-13, 13:06   Link #39
scififan

Quote:
Faux-Chinese settings have always been popular in this genre. Classics like Junni Kokuki ("Twelve Kingdoms") and Saiunkoku Monogatari both use them. Kanbal, Balsa's home country in Seirei no Moribito, was thought to have been based on Korea. That sparked anti-Korean sentiments on places like 2-chan.
The Wikipedia said the country in Seirei no Moribito is based on Japan, and the writing system is derived from Tangut script. One blog said the criticism coming from the use of Korean name. Some blog says the central Asia theme are also used. The blog compares the world view to Tolkien's world view based on Europe.
Old 2024-01-13, 13:22   Link #40
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

That may be true for the New Yogo Empire where the anime takes place. But Kanbal's mountainous geography was thought to resemble Korea. Balsa leaves Kanbal with Jiguro and later returns after the events in the anime. In the NHK live-action series it looks very different from New Yogo.

There are other kingdoms and empires involved as well. The final stretch of NHK episodes portray the attempts by the Karsh Empire to conquer New Yogo and Chagum's effort to thwart them by building alliances with adjacent countries.

I tried reading the novels about Asura which follow Chagum's story but didn't get far into them. Her story is the weakest of three NHK seasons. I might try and track down the novels behind season three which have a much more compelling story.

The only person who knows for sure is Uehashi Nahoko who wrote the novels.