Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-04, 07:15   Link #21
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Episode 1(3) preview.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-06, 15:11   Link #22
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Its back!!! And for some reason delayed on HiDive.
YouTube
YouTube
New OP and ED are great, need to see if they do an actual dance number in season.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-06, 17:03   Link #23
Frontier

Spoiler:
Old 2024-01-06, 19:23   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This show is even more wholesome than I remembered. Ichikawa's broken arm provided the perfect opportunity for he and Yamada to get closer. He almost messed up, but Yamada is smart enough to know he didn't mean what he said to the teacher and I can't highlight how refreshing this is. In a lesser show, we would have had a misunderstanding lasting an entire episode if not more.

Figures Yamada would feel bad about the broken arm, even if it really isn't her fault. She's just that sensitive.

It was really great to see those two again and I'm looking forward to spending winter with them!
Old 2024-01-06, 19:29   Link #25
grecefar

great comeback, I liked that ichikawa knew he shouldn't give his akiba dog and had to search for hers.

I missed this one
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-06, 19:58   Link #26
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I have been unable to watch this show on HIDIVE. I started trying around 3pm EST and multiple times since. I've tried the app native to my Google TV, the phone app, and a web browser. Looks like their site is overwhelmed. Anyone else having problems?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-06, 20:18   Link #27
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I have been unable to watch this show on HIDIVE. I started trying around 3pm EST and multiple times since. I've tried the app native to my Google TV, the phone app, and a web browser. Looks like their site is overwhelmed. Anyone else having problems?
Unfortunately you're going to have to sail the seas this week there's no ETA on HiDive feed though from what I've seen on Xitter they have at least acknowledged the problem.
Old 2024-01-06, 20:35   Link #28
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Best romcom and best couple there is, no qualifiers. It's their world, everyone else is just renting.
Old 2024-01-06, 20:38   Link #29
Wandering Soul

Nice to see this series back. The main couple is sweet/cute and misunderstandings aren't dragged out the entire episode.
Old 2024-01-06, 20:50   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A good and strong return for this show. Some definite waves and some tricky moments to navigate. But somehow each time Ichikawa nearly screws everything up for himself, he manages to make a recovery. Impressively they managed to cram in the "we're not that close" trouble, the lost present trouble, and him accidentally revealing that he broke his arm because he was trying to take a picture...for her. That's a packed episode!

This is a solid couple for sure. They take their time with it. But unlike some series where time is being taken...it doesn't feel like story is just dragging this out for the sake of going nowhere! There's still progress.

Glad everything worked out. MVP honors to Moe for steering Ichikawa onto the right street and steering Yamada towards Ichikawa. That girl did good work.
Old 2024-01-06, 21:55   Link #31
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Not a lot of romcoms get OPs produced at WIT and directed by Araki Tetsurou.
Old 2024-01-07, 11:56   Link #32
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

HiDive stream is finally working... hopefully the rest of the season is smoother.
Old 2024-01-13, 13:31   Link #33
Frontier

Ichikawa got invited to Yamada's apartment! He even gets to use her bath! And he can't help but look around for every trace of Yamada he can find in her bathroom! Admittedly Yamada seems to enjoy holding his wet clothes just as much, though she doesn't have anything to hold down below the belt when she's aroused if you know what I mean .

There's nothing quite like going commando in the gym clothes of the girl you like, huh Ichikawa? And then you see said girl in her loungewear with some very tight shorts and it takes every ounce of your willpower to hold in your little Ichikawa before something you can't take back happens...oh, and did we mention Yamada's dog is about to pants you in front of her? Good thing Yamada's boobs are a good thing to land on...and she looks good in animal war too .

Only Yamada could eat an entire hot pot before dinner, and she's personally inviting Ichikawa to come back more often so they can eat it together! In fact she keeps coming up with reasons for Ichikawa to keep visiting her place !

I love how Yamada in her yearbook was as cute as she is now and also still munching as much as she does now .

Yamada's tried a lot of things but she's always quit when it got too hard or because she wasn't feeling it...but her parents always treated her well despite that, leaving her with both feelings of happiness and feelings of anxiety that she's nothing but a burden to her friends and family. Especially when she's probably still concerned that she got Ichikawa hurt and she remembers when he was avoiding her in season 1. But no better way to reinforce how much you genuinely want to be with someone than embracing them !

Oh snap, Yamada Mama! No better excuse to hide Ichikawa in her room! Though it's nice to see Yamada Mama being sweet and cute when she's in home mode, although I also love how she ran into the room worried about "Moe's" allergy and wasn't wearing her skirt !

Oh yeah, be a waste of hiding in Yamada's bed if she didn't end up on top of him in the most sexual way possible. These two are definitely growing up for sure .

Watch out for that hulking brute of a man Ichikawa! I'm sure we won't see him again any time soon !

Also, here's Kana in her underwear !

Shojo Lead Jun Fukuyama is still trying to get Ichikawa to seal the deal, especially because there's no way Yamada thinks of Ichikawa as just a "friend." There's a certain other relationship that girls want to introduce their parents to other than their friends...though Ichikawa hasn't had friends for so long it's hard for him to tell the difference .

Ichikawa's lost his cast but is also losing his voice to puberty, just another sign that he's growing up. Adachi isn't growing up though and joins dancing thinking he's going to get to spend time with Yamada which goes about as well as his usual plans to spend time with Yamada .

Yamada may stink but that's not going to prevent Ichikawa from partnering up with her. And surviving the instructor using him as an example is rewarded by getting to play the most flirtatious and footsie-ridden round of judo ever! Get your own dojo, you too !

Find a girl who gets as hyped for your voice deepening and you maturing as Yamada is for Ichikawa...and she wants to hear her name in his deeper voice. Though something else seems to be deepening in the chest area, Ichikawa you lucky dog .
Old 2024-01-13, 15:11   Link #34
grecefar

such a great chapter, they are getting pretty bold and touchy. Those moments in her house were perfect

oh yeah, yamada's father looks so much like ichikawa lol.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-13, 17:52   Link #35
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Probably the best episode of this entire show so far.

Being 74, I'm rather far from Ichikawa's issues, but I do still remember them.

HIDIVE's official release time is now 6pm after last weekend's disaster. They beat that deadline today by at least an hour.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-13, 19:14   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Oh snap, Yamada Mama! No better excuse to hide Ichikawa in her room! Though it's nice to see Yamada Mama being sweet and cute when she's in home mode, although I also love how she ran into the room worried about "Moe's" allergy and wasn't wearing her skirt !
I was really taken aback by how cute and affectionate she was thinking I was remembering her appearance in the first season wrong... she seemed rather cold back then. Guess she tries to act tough in public.

Yamada's dad is like titan Ichikawa. He looked scary here but I bet he's actually a super nice guy. Although even the nicest guys have a hard time being nice to their daugther's first boyfriend. We'll see how it goes when they formally meet. Definitely looking forward to it.
Old 2024-01-13, 19:31   Link #37
Wandering Soul

Despite his appearance Yamada's dad is probably a pretty swell guy. I'm going to bet he's pretty going to be a grown up Ichikawa personality wise.
Old 2024-01-13, 19:56   Link #38
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That's about as good as it gets, really. I hate to use the word "perfect" but how could you possibly depict those events any better?
Old 2024-01-13, 21:23   Link #39
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was really taken aback by how cute and affectionate she was thinking I was remembering her appearance in the first season wrong... she seemed rather cold back then. Guess she tries to act tough in public.

Yamada's dad is like titan Ichikawa. He looked scary here but I bet he's actually a super nice guy. Although even the nicest guys have a hard time being nice to their daugther's first boyfriend. We'll see how it goes when they formally meet. Definitely looking forward to it.
And he's voiced by the Armored Titan .

I wonder what their jobs are. Dad seems like a cook (?) going by the uniform but I wonder what her mom does.
Old 2024-01-20, 13:39   Link #40
Frontier

Yamada and Moeko are hyped for Valentine's Day! And Yamada is keen on Ichikawa joining the girls for chocolate-making! And there's no way he can say no to visiting her place again this time, right ?

I love how Chi is so oblivious she's like the only one that didn't realize why Ichikawa was there (though Serina seemed to forget for a second). Thank goodness for wingwoman Moeko !

They reach her apartment and Yamada is already eating chocolate. Girl is true to herself .

The reaction to Yamada Mama when she saw a boy...though I get where Moeko is coming from trying to deflect Ichikawa's presence by claiming he's her boyfriend, but she was basically courting death around Yamada. I mean, poor girl had to watch herself around the guy she likes while her mom thinks he's dating one of her friends, and that was before Moeko tried to get them on a first-name basis. It's enough to make Serina mad .

Well, it was nice to see how Chi and Yamada became friends, going from Chi thinking Yamada is a freakishly tall Titan to watching her be a dork tyting to master spinning a basketball, while Yamada always respected Chi's basketball skills. And in true Chi fashion that had nothing to do with what they were actually talking about .

If looks from Yamada could kill...you tell 'em Jun Fukuyama! You can't let this misunderstanding with Yamada's mom persists and you can't keep putting down your chances with Yamada! Especially once you come clean and it turns out her mom is well-aware of who you are and how her daughter is always talking about you. Now we've gone from being awkward around mom and the guy you like to being embarrassed of your mom together with the guy you like .

Of course then the mood is upset by none other than Yamada's dad...voiced by none other than the Armored Titan himself, Yoshimasa Hosoya, and while he has the look and red eyes of a serial killer, he's actually a French style cook who needs a gaming buddy, which is why he connects with Ichikawa. And what a surreal sight of Yamada gaming with her dad while holding the controller through Ichikawa with her mom sitting right next to him .

Ha! Smart of them to put "obligatory" on the chocolate. Though Yamada taste tests with Ichikawa in privacy so she knows exactly how to make personal chocolate just for him !

Serina really is very considerate of her friends .

I love how Kana is all in on her brothers' love life and the possibility of him having a Harem .

Panning shot of Yamada's legs !

It's hilarious how Yamada's dad thinks Ichikawa is Yamada because of the gym clothes and the implication of him finding out the truth...but Yamada is just happy her parents like Ichikawa .

Ichikawa keeps putting down his chances with Yamada, but his sisters' pep talk and belief that he should be true to his feelings, and his own desire to be with Yamada and knowing she's The One, makes him declare he wants to be her boyfriend. Now to act on that feeling! Like telling her not to make chocolate for other boys! And she's more than happy with that !