AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-10-11, 13:32   Link #21
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Hopefully Konoha finds a charger before going back in time again. I've always been sort of ambivalent to Aoi Koga but I'm becoming a fan this season.

Wacom tablets were actually a thing by 1992 as was software like Photoshop and Painter... though apparently not at a PC98 galge developer.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-11, 14:30   Link #22
Blaat

Tweet featuring the full art seen in the ending.

Didn't expect this series to use constant time travel hopping, hopefully she brings a charger next time around.
Old 2023-10-11, 19:33   Link #23
grecefar

well, this anime does makes me think that I'm not that old in the end lol.

I didn't expect that twist at the end.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-12, 04:59   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Well, that was an interesting twist. Will she be time-jumping to the different years the games she was given by the ghost old lady? But the title of the 3rd episode is that she wants to meet them again. It's gonna be pretty lonely if she only appears in their lives one day every several years.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-12, 10:22   Link #25
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I'm not sure what to expect but it seems kinda weird if she jumps around -- Doukyuusei may be 1992 but Kanon is 10 years later in 2002, and somehow I doubt there's going to be much focus on Alice Soft. Comic Party was 1999.

I'd imagine she can calm down if she can commute from the future though.
Old 2023-10-12, 10:36   Link #26
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Minor correction, but Kanon came out in '99, same year as Comic Party. The first anime came out in 2002.
Old 2023-10-12, 10:49   Link #27
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

My bad I think I mixed up Kanon and Air. That's still 7 years though.
Old 2023-10-13, 12:30   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I saw a clip of Konoha explaining Kanon to the old lady and how Ayu said "uguu" and I knew I had to check it out. This turned out to be really fun! I was really amused that Yui Horie is in this, since she voiced Ayu and all. I looked up the manga and apparently it takes place in 1992 with Meiko as the main character? Pretty bold adaptation they went for. Does Konoha even exist in it?

And yeah, wasn't expecting her to go back to the present. Would be interesting to see the people she met 30 years later.
Old 2023-10-13, 13:53   Link #29
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I saw a clip of Konoha explaining Kanon to the old lady and how Ayu said "uguu" and I knew I had to check it out. This turned out to be really fun! I was really amused that Yui Horie is in this, since she voiced Ayu and all. I looked up the manga and apparently it takes place in 1992 with Meiko as the main character? Pretty bold adaptation they went for. Does Konoha even exist in it?
The Another Layer subtitle seems to imply its going to be at least partially original. Only the first volume is translated but the manga/doujin mainly follows Meiko and Kaori and doesn't have time travel hijinks. I think the anime aged up Mamoru as well.
Old 2023-10-13, 20:00   Link #30
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

They better get Hocchan to say Uguu in this anime

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2023-10-14, 14:24   Link #31
Kazu-kun

Quote:
No, she doesn't exist in the manga. The anime is fully original. Which kinda sucks for me. I would have loved a proper adaptation of the manga. But it is what it is, I guess.
Old 2023-10-18, 12:41   Link #32
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I wonder if we'll jump around again or things will settle down in the Windows 95 era... its only 3 years until Kanon. Did Konoha already blip a few galge out of existence on her first trip to the past? Hmm...
Old 2023-10-18, 14:10   Link #33
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Probably the original source of the endcard this time
https://twitter.com/infact4yeargap/s...73238108979431

Also, Alicesoft is pretty much good as dead, but Ittenchiroku is making what's kinda Dona Dona 2 on Switch/PS4/PC release in 2024
https://www.entergram.co.jp/gohellgo/

Old 2023-10-18, 14:44   Link #34
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Also, Alicesoft is pretty much good as dead, but Ittenchiroku is making what's kinda Dona Dona 2 on Switch/PS4/PC release in 2024
https://www.entergram.co.jp/gohellgo/
I dunno man that looks more like a generic PS Vita RPG than Dohna Dohna 2... it might be decent but the director (Ittenchiroku) is the only real connection to Alicesoft.

Alicesoft will be back they're just coasting on the EN/WW sales of Evenicle II and Dohna Dohna while thinking globally overall; their last release (Housewife) had a English version on day one.
Old 2023-10-18, 15:29   Link #35
grecefar

so she complete a game a returns to her time and then choose a game of the old lady and goes back in time of that game, this time 4 years later than before.

it's interesting. I don't blame mamoru to be bitter after the speech she did and then disappear like that, unless in some point he believes that she is a time traveler but I believe it will be meeting her in the modern day.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-18, 16:27   Link #36
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I dunno man that looks more like a generic PS Vita RPG than Dohna Dohna 2... it might be decent but the director (Ittenchiroku) is the only real connection to Alicesoft.

Alicesoft will be back they're just coasting on the EN/WW sales of Evenicle II and Dohna Dohna while thinking globally overall; their last release (Housewife) had a English version on day one.
The important thing is the director though. It's obvious they can't use Alicesoft's IP or engine, but it has the same sidescrolling battle and money theme. TADA and the people that quit were also congratulating him on Twitter on his new game

Nah, if Alicesoft had any intentions of making another full-price eroge, Ittenchiroku and co. wouldn't have quit Alicesoft in the first place. I think that is pretty clear since Ittenchiroku is making this game AFTER quitting Alicesoft and they talked about how they had to fight hard to even get Dona Dona out.
Whoever is left in Alicesoft are on the gacha game coaster, and at best, they will only make low-price eroges like said Housewife made in their free-time since gacha games can be so lasily updated
Of course, I'd love to be proved wrong, but whose gonna make it?

Old 2023-10-18, 17:46   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I guess the structure of the series will be that each time she completes a game with Alcohol Soft, she'll be sent back to the present and then go back to the past again by opening the games granny gave her. We know Kanon is one of them, so 1999 is a lock.

Konoha should think of asking everyone for their full names this time so she can look them up in the future.

Mamoru trying to gatekeep computers and hating Windows because it made them more accessible to regular people seems pretty accurate.
Old 2023-10-18, 21:57   Link #38
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The important thing is the director though. It's obvious they can't use Alicesoft's IP or engine, but it has the same sidescrolling battle and money theme.
Ehh... Dohna gameplay was okay but the style and characters are what carried the game; Gyokai is definitely not involved. I'm not really sure how sex trafficking is going to fly on PSN either; I assume the card game component will be something much more benign. Also the combat doesn't really look turn based.

Anyway I'm not sure what to expect from the jumping around. Mamoru was actually 5 years younger in the manga (he was 10 in 1992) but now he's the same age as Konoha in 1996, and we already blew past the entire first volume. We'll see I suppose.
Old 2023-10-19, 07:56   Link #39
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Mamoru trying to gatekeep computers and hating Windows because it made them more accessible to regular people seems pretty accurate.
That whole sequence massively amused me. While I suspect 1990s me would have identified all those ports it's been a while.
Though I think his real beef with Windows was that it insulated people from the hardware. In the coding scenes it looks like he was doing assembly language* which is real low level stuff. Windows added extra layers, API calls and the link and you didn't 'talk' directly to the hardware. Also you'd be more likely to use something like Visual C++ rather than assembly anyway.

* I never liked the Intel series processors for their weird memory mapping and only did a few college assignments in that. I was a 6502/6809/68000 assembly coder back in t'day.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-19, 14:24   Link #40
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Thats several games disappeared in Mini, I mean, Konoha's house means she is already altering the timiline, most likely Mamoru would have really quit after finishing that last game and went to work at a "real game company" getting rid of bugs; a game with a god tier plot but full of bugs most likely will never sell well and be relegated to the dust bin of history.

I do wonder, if the year a game (box) was released are the key for time leaps if we are going to end in a situation where she travels in time out of order.

What are the chances that at the end of the series Konoha develops her dream galge and we discover this whole series was made to promote it's sales irl?
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote