Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-19, 10:13   Link #21
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan55 View Post
Yeah, got recruited as a translator, but as it's a first seemed tougher than I thought. Any advice on how much I should translate on a day?
until you feel like banging your head onto the keyboard.
Old 2013-06-19, 13:34   Link #22
SinsI

In-game story is interesting, but game mechanics suffer from terrible disbalance - ability to create statues that completely follow your will and can train themselves while you laze around is really cheating; it makes any sculptor a one-man army, much stronger than hundreds of other classes put together. All that is left is to create a statue of a sculptor and animate it.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 14:38   Link #23
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan55 View Post
Yeah, got recruited as a translator, but as it's a first seemed tougher than I thought. Any advice on how much I should translate on a day?
I know that feel bro...

Don't know about other translators, but I always do 5 .doc pages every day (could be more in the original version).
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 21:16   Link #24
junnynam

Hi everyone, my name is Junnynam; the head translator as of last week. Ryan, please contact me via a PM to discuss your translations and other things.

I am well aware of the... various translation quality and format of this titanic series and without a head translator who knew korean well enough, it ended up as a trainwreck

Any how, please keep supporting this project, everyone.
junnynam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 22:15   Link #25
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Its a novel like gate. So pictures are very sparse to nonexistent. The novel's in korean. Korean's can be considered the kings of mmorpgs. Which I found the novel to be quite fitting. Minus the fact some of the scenes can be over the top RMT is really big in asian countries. Especially in countries like South Korea and China.
Old 2014-01-25, 04:52   Link #26
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Hmm. So I've finally caught up with this series. I really like how the anti-hero is the definition of both a con artist and yet an effective capitalist. Still one cannot help but sympathize with him as he manages to discover and unlock a lot of hidden potential in somewhat mundane things. A definite read.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 07:55   Link #27
kazzuya13

How I wish Weed accepted the dragon knight job and brought back the chaos dragon with him in the present and he could easily have destroyed the Haven guild after all the highest level of a character is only in the 500+. He could easily decimated the whole army and annihilated the whole base of the Hermes guild.
Old 2014-01-25, 08:20   Link #28
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

But the Moonlight Sculpting job is a lot more flexible and has a lot of hidden benefits as it turns out. Accepting the Dragon Knight job (which I admit is quite enticing) would have locked him to a certain playstyle which would have been limiting.

Old 2014-01-25, 08:39   Link #29
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
How I wish Weed accepted the dragon knight job and brought back the chaos dragon with him in the present and he could easily have destroyed the Haven guild after all the highest level of a character is only in the 500+. He could easily decimated the whole army and annihilated the whole base of the Hermes guild.
Honestly, in Weed's position I would have been a lot more tempted. Still, he has his ice dragon for a sla....I mean mount. Plus it would've probably capped the work he had done on his professions and rendered the entire master quest kind of pointless.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 08:47   Link #30
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Honestly, in Weed's position I would have been a lot more tempted. Still, he has his ice dragon for a sla....I mean mount. Plus it would've probably capped the work he had done on his professions and rendered the entire master quest kind of pointless.
This also. He had enough OPness with the Living Sculpting techniques that doing anything else is kinda pointless. The fact that his class can learn all the other crafting classes (alongside that crazy Handicrafting stat that was supposed to help balance crafters offensive stats that he Min-Maxed like crazy) His job is pretty suited for his one minded hard-work will lead the way personality.

And jeez that whole subplot of Weed overworking his sla-- *ahem* "pets" is just so fun to watch. I dunno, its what makes this series a breath of fresh air. XDDD

Old 2014-01-25, 10:46   Link #31
BW95
Banned

Quote:
By the summary, that dragon was an ass and Weed wouldn't have been able to beat it into submission when he returned to the present with his lowered stats. Plus, if he didn't kill it he wouldn't have been able to finish his quest and get time-sculpting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
But the Moonlight Sculpting job is a lot more flexible and has a lot of hidden benefits as it turns out. Accepting the Dragon Knight job (which I admit is quite enticing) would have locked him to a certain playstyle which would have been limiting.
There's a difference between a class and a job. At the time, Weed's job was a desert warrior, but he was still a sculptor.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 21:26   Link #32
kazzuya13

Quote:
This also. He had enough OPness with the Living Sculpting techniques that doing anything else is kinda pointless. The fact that his class can learn all the other crafting classes (alongside that crazy Handicrafting stat that was supposed to help balance crafters offensive stats that he Min-Maxed like crazy) His job is pretty suited for his one minded hard-work will lead the way personality.

And jeez that whole subplot of Weed overworking his sla-- *ahem* "pets" is just so fun to watch. I dunno, its what makes this series a breath of fresh air. XDDD
He is not really that Op because his living scuptures are not that strong compared to their original counterpart. They are just intimidating to look at because of the said counterpart. Even if he put all his living sculpture and battle against it with the chaos dragon and I could clearly say that they are no match for it. And for him to control the chaos dragon he need a lot of intimacy and affinity with it and I clearly know Weed that he can full it off one way or another.
Old 2014-01-25, 21:41   Link #33
BW95
Banned

Quote:

There's a limit to the level of mastery he can reach in the skills that are not part of his class.

Quote:
He is not really that Op because his living scuptures are not that strong compared to their original counterpart. They are just intimidating to look at because of the said counterpart. Even if he put all his living sculpture and battle against it with the chaos dragon and I could clearly say that they are no match for it. And for him to control the chaos dragon he need a lot of intimacy and affinity with it and I clearly know Weed that he can full it off one way or another.
Not true. It is simply a matter of levels. Maybe you didn't read this part, but monsters like the hydra and other boss monsters didn't exist until the Emperor of the Arpenheim Empire sculpted them and gave them life. Those monsters are the descendants of sculptures he gave life to and let loose.
Old 2014-01-25, 22:08   Link #34
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Oh I know he can't gain mastery level of the other Crafting classes. But even having maxed out at an advanced level allows him to create new forms of sculpting and crafting that is a fusion of the other classes. Which due to the unique circumstances and somewhat jack of all trades personality needed to achieve, is still quite the feat.

Still can't he just sculpt a dragon knight in the future and use sculpture transformation from it in the present?

Old 2014-01-25, 22:11   Link #35
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Oh I know he can't gain mastery level of the other Crafting classes. But even having maxed out at an advanced level allows him to create new forms of sculpting and crafting that is a fusion of the other classes. Which due to the unique circumstances and somewhat jack of all trades personality needed to achieve, is still quite the feat.

Still can't he just sculpt a dragon knight in the future and use sculpture transformation from it in the present?
I don't know how that would work. That's basically two creatures in one, the dragon and the knight. Anyway, there wouldn't be much of a point. Remember just because he transforms into a dragon doesn't mean he gets the strength of one.
Old 2014-01-26, 08:20   Link #36
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
There's a limit to the level of mastery he can reach in the skills that are not part of his class.

Not true. It is simply a matter of levels. Maybe you didn't read this part, but monsters like the hydra and other boss monsters didn't exist until the Emperor of the Arpenheim Empire sculpted them and gave them life. Those monsters are the descendants of sculptures he gave life to and let loose.
Not all monster are from the living sculpture and I believe that those that have strong abilities like chaos dragon is one of them. Cause for all I know is that most of them are lesser monster like trolls and Avian.
Old 2014-01-26, 11:37   Link #37
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Not all monster are from the living sculpture and I believe that those that have strong abilities like chaos dragon is one of them. Cause for all I know is that most of them are lesser monster like trolls and Avian.
Obviously, the chaos dragon was around since the beginning of the world and preceded Arpen's time.
Old 2014-04-30, 01:33   Link #38
shukujo

I'm totally addicted to this story - I skimmed thru these posts, but didn't see the site I've been using to read it on: Royal Road: Legendary Moonlight Sculptor Table of Contents Page

I think I got this site from my Baka Reader EX phone app, though (Baka-tsuki's light novel reader for android).
shukujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 05:10   Link #39
hamazura
whatever

oh there is a thread, okay i will just say i like this.
Old 2014-04-30, 06:39   Link #40
shukujo

I guess I must be blind or really really tired (the latter is entirely possible, I admit) but I am not seeing it; I only answered in this thread after performing a search for a thread specifically about Moonlight Sculptor.

OK, I guess I will have to call on the almighty Powers That Be: I know it sounds silly, but since the person who took the time to answer my post didn't find me worthy of the extra 30 seconds it would have taken to link me to whatever thread it seems they are talking about, aaaand since I was clearly unable to find it on my own, I'd really really really appreciate it if a forum moderator could help me out here?

In return, I will allow you to have your pick of my first born children or agree to some other outlandish terms of agreement from which I will later weasel my way out of quite cleverly without pissing anyone off, so thank you in advance, and have a F.I.N.E. day.
shukujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
korean novel