2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.14%
Voters: 352. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-24, 20:25   Link #21
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
yeah hehe, i thought they were special advisors or something (high position)...so why castration?
- just to prevent them from doing anything obscene (rape) in the castle?
Something like that. There should only be one dominant male after all (the Emperor).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrac View Post
lol i know but you always talk about it in nearly every post so thats why i say youre obsessed.
Well didnt they say they were gonna have lelouch develop a romatic interest this season? I think thats why there is alot of speculation, right?

I dont think lelouch is gonna be backed into a courner since he found his new resolve last ep. This ep i think we will see him put a new plan into action, but i am almost positive he is just gonna have some trick to get himself alone with nunnally and suzaku to strike some sort of deal so he can head to china.
Meh, I understand. Yeah, but they didn't say there would be more than one. Since romance is just a minor thing, they aren't going to spend a lot of time on it which is why they are doing all this with Kallen (this has another purpose as well I suppose).

I think we'll be wrapping things up in Japan for the time being this episode with this deal he should be making with Nunnally.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 20:26   Link #22
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Depends on whether you actually want development for them. I'd prefer C.C., but that sure as hell isn't happening.
I'd perfer a main character that flirts and makes-out with many of the girls, playing right into the Alpha-male, pimped-out dawg dynamic that this age group would prolly like in a fantasy based situation such as CG...Basically a womanizer, but whatever it's just the spoils a smart and debonair guy gets...But given the fact this happens in 99.9% of animes like this (When they never just allow the guy character to just make-out with whoever because they don't want to screw with fan-polling)...I don't expect CG to be much different...Nothing will come of Kallen x Lulu that ends with a romp in the sheets so it's basically a means to an end for me...
Old 2008-05-24, 20:30   Link #23
Sabrac

Quote:
Nothing will come of Kallen x Lulu that ends with a romp in the sheets so it's basically a means to an end for me...
haha yeah i must be wierd since i think kallen x lelouch is the least likely to happen. CC x Lelouch appears to be the most obv so who knows if they will do. Although i think by the end lelouch is gonna be the one the myth is about who becomes the king. King of what i dunno.

Quote:
Since romance is just a minor thing, they aren't going to spend a lot of time on it which is why they are doing all this with Kallen (this has another purpose as well I suppose).
i dunno i dont think it will be that minor since i think it will shown some of the character development he has
Sabrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 20:30   Link #24
lightbringer
M9000

I think back when these guys were castrated, the current empress wasn't even born. Plus, if there's a harem in the Chinese Federation, it might still contain wives and other daughters of a previous emperor. So yeah, gotta castrate them fools

I doubt we'll see much of the eunuchs in this episode though. Li seems to be on his way back to China, but that's about it. It should all be about the SAR, Lelouch, Nunnally, and Suzaku. Possibly with a very minor scene with Lelouch speaking to Kallen since Lelouch should apologize for his idiocy in the previous episode.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 20:33   Link #25
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I'd perfer a main character that flirts and makes-out with many of the girls, playing right into the Alpha-male, pimped-out dawg dynamic that this age group would prolly like in a fantasy based situation such as CG...Basically a womanizer, but whatever it's just the spoils a smart and debonair guy gets...But given the fact this happens in 99.9% of animes like this (When they never just allow the guy character to just make-out with whoever because they don't want to screw with fan-polling)...I don't expect CG to be much different...Nothing will come of Kallen x Lulu that ends with a romp in the sheets so it's basically a means to an end for me...
I hate people like that to be honest, though I'm more for the type of romance that actually feels real and developed.

Taniguchi had main characters sleep with a female character so you may get your wish.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-24, 20:34   Link #26
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Speaking of which the japanese guy with glasses whose part of Toudo's elite group seems to have lost his right eye. He didn't lose it in the last fight did he?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 20:35   Link #27
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I think back when these guys were castrated, the current empress wasn't even born. Plus, if there's a harem in the Chinese Federation, it might still contain wives and other daughters of a previous emperor. So yeah, gotta castrate them fools

I doubt we'll see much of the eunuchs in this episode though. Li seems to be on his way back to China, but that's about it. It should all be about the SAR, Lelouch, Nunnally, and Suzaku. Possibly with a very minor scene with Lelouch speaking to Kallen since Lelouch should apologize for his idiocy in the previous episode.
i would much rather be someone like Li, as opposed to a eunuch...why do that to yourself?
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 20:35   Link #28
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

He does? I have to look at that again. I thought he just had a small scar on his face.

Old 2008-05-24, 20:36   Link #29
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
He does? I have to look at that again. I thought he just had a small scar on his face.
yeah i could've swore it was a scar too
Old 2008-05-24, 20:38   Link #30
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
i would much rather be someone like Li, as opposed to a eunuch...why do that to yourself?
They get political power. Li doesn't really have any power in China he has to do what ever the Eunuch says. The Eunuches are right under the Emperor in terms of their power. Though in CG's case the Eunuches are completly in control of the Emperor's actions, and have control over China.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 20:38   Link #31
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrac View Post
Although i think by the end lelouch is gonna be the one the myth is about who becomes the king. King of what i dunno.

i dunno i dont think it will be that minor since i think it will shown some of the character development he has
What myth?

It contributes in that matter I suppose, but it isn't as important as the overall plot of the rebellion and Geass.

Old 2008-05-24, 20:44   Link #32
Sabrac

the very 1st ep when he gets his geass you see the emperor say " The union of Ragnarok. Has the legend begun yet again?' then you get a few episodes where they talk about if there would come a person who could overcome the power of the geass they truely would deserve to be the king.

its not important but i am sure it will be well known which girl he choses
Sabrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 20:44   Link #33
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
They get political power. Li doesn't really have any power in China he has to do what ever the Eunuch says. The Eunuches are right under the Emperor in terms of their power. Though in CG's case the Eunuches are completly in control of the Emperor's actions, and have control over China.
hmm...it doesn't seem like a hard choice

its b@lls vs power...i think i'll keep my pair
Old 2008-05-24, 20:55   Link #34
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
I hate people like that to be honest, though I'm more for the type of romance that actually feels real and developed.

Taniguchi had main characters sleep with a female character so you may get your wish.
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying explicit sexual whateverness is what I want or even what I need, I'm just saying after watching so much anime in this mode you kinda turn-off your expectations button because 9 times outta 10 nothing beyond hinted intentions will ever occur...Hell even in pure harem anime you'll go entire series without the main character ever just kissing 1 of the 5 chicks on his jock...In an anime like CG that is so reliant on pleasing everyone, there's no doubt in my mind that any expectation of Lulu getting a lil'something from multiple girls will end in fail...Even if the romance gets fleshed-out you still get no real payoff more often than not...I think it's far more natural to see a guy who girls wanna be with do with most average guys do in those situations and that's extract physical affection...Then move on like it's no big deal, instead of a touch here or a flirt there and suddenly you got fan-fics and couple-sites popping up everywhere...For me him kissing Kallen would have been no big deal, but in shows like this just the hint of the kiss and forums explode...So I don't expect much mature relationship payoffs anywhere in this show (Not that it's a big deal since I enjoy CG for other reasons)...
Old 2008-05-24, 20:55   Link #35
5_of_Spades

Quote:
Well, only some might get great political power, being caretaker/secretary to the highest power and all that.

Most of them were sold by their families into the palace for money as little boys as young as four years old. They had no choice. Usually they become basic servants that can be beaten and killed by the emperor, the emperor's wives, the wives' favorite handmaids, and other eunuchs in higher positions. Same can be said for most of the maids/harem girls who don't have power.

It is a pretty twisted form of slavery. At least the harem girls can be released and have a family when they are old. These people won't ever get back what they've lost.
5_of_Spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 21:02   Link #36
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I don't quite see what makes such a thing a mature relationship.

Old 2008-05-24, 21:11   Link #37
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
oh yeah..no episode next week...just greaaaaat.
Are you serious? No episode next week?

Wow that sucks. Because i remeber last season we had our first recap at episode 9. So we take a break next week, then the week after we will have a recap and then episode 10.

Just great. No episode for 3 weeks.
Old 2008-05-24, 21:14   Link #38
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Just great. No episode for 3 weeks.
Yay pointless and incorrect guessing. The 9th episode has been rescheduled to the 8th.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 21:14   Link #39
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

This isn't for a recap. And episode 9 will be the 8th.

Old 2008-05-24, 21:16   Link #40
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
I don't quite see what makes such a thing a mature relationship.
Eh? Mature in the sense of what a guy would do to a girl that he wanted (or visa versa)...In animes like this it's usually everything but the visual conformation of what 2 people who are physically attracted to each other would do...And that's make-out...Unless I'm crazy or something, I know every girl I ever liked or wanted I atleast wanted to do physical stuff with them over having an understated subtle poetry connection with them for our entire relationship...That's fine for starters but at some point more is needed^^...In terms of Kallen x Lulu again it's the lack of going a little further which animes like CG often do as to not to alienate fans of couple-groupings...I mean if you ignore the fan-paring stuff, having them kiss to me is no big deal, and you still could have made the same impact with the scene if you had her slapping him after he tounged her down...