Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-21, 18:45   Link #21
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opayk View Post
Don't you think they'll be using Rantao or Keigo for the next filler, seeing as though we saw them for a reason just after that arc finished?
Rantao possibly yes. But she hasn't any power left, only a boring kidou gun.
Keigo (and Tatsuki) won't be that much used, since they have yet to awaken their powers (and they will since they made contact with Urahara and are pretty much aware of the situation), the anime crew can't do it before Kubo.

The modsouls will have a role to play in the fillers, and probably Mister T (forgot his name) as well. They were kept alive for a reason
Old 2007-05-21, 20:19   Link #22
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

BTW is this a Manga Thread ?

Keigo must not be grouped with Ran Tao or Mr T . Keigo is a KT created character and most likely there will be no developement from his part .

But on a diffrent note I would love to see more activities in Karakura High . In Karkura arc there were many well rounded chracters who now have taken a backseat and are only used for comic relief
Old 2007-05-21, 20:45   Link #23
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
BTW is this a Manga Thread ?
I don't see how it could not be. Anime-only viewers don't know the gap between the manga and the anime.

Quote:
Keigo must not be grouped with Ran Tao or Mr T . Keigo is a KT created character and most likely there will be no developement from his part .
I agree he must not grouped with the Bount arc characters, but what do you mean he is likely to not get development.
He can see spirits, he is aware of Ichigo's activities and that they are somewhat linked with Orihime's disappearance andUrahara made contact with him. It's obvious to me he will get an active (even if minor) role sooner or later. (and that this power up can't be decided by the anime crew which was my point)
Old 2007-05-21, 22:27   Link #24
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
I agree he must not grouped with the Bount arc characters, but what do you mean he is likely to not get development.
He can see spirits, he is aware of Ichigo's activities and that they are somewhat linked with Orihime's disappearance andUrahara made contact with him. It's obvious to me he will get an active (even if minor) role sooner or later. (and that this power up can't be decided by the anime crew which was my point)
I of course have to disagree that any characters should not be "grouped" with one another. But I agree that Keigo can't get any character development unless the manga gives room to.

On a side note, I miss the Don Kanonji episodes That'd make a good mini arc IMO...
Old 2007-05-22, 01:28   Link #25
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
I don't see how it could not be. Anime-only viewers don't know the gap between the manga and the anime.
The thread title has no manga tag on it plus I saw a couple of posts from anime only veiwers thats one of the reasons I was being apprehensive

Quote:
But what do you mean he is likely to not get development. He can see spirits, he is aware of Ichigo's activities and that they are somewhat linked with Orihime's disappearance andUrahara made contact with him. It's obvious to me he will get an active (even if minor) role sooner or later. (and that this power up can't be decided by the anime crew which was my point)

Well he has no chance to grow in character as a personality because KT has given him none after Karakura arc the only thing he has got is he can see hollows and has a sister. If he has to grow as a character more info should be given on him through Ichi flashbacks (Chad) or something else. KT overlooked that part.

The anime team can’t develop different facets to his personality as it might be different from what KT has in mind.

Also I need to see the reason behind the motivation for Keigo to grow stronger .The theme of Bleach is 'To Protect . Ichi voluntarily chooses to become a shinigami when he see that little girl in danger ( ep 2 ) . In Ep 1 Ichi is forced to become a shinigami cause he wants to protect his family . The reason to get stronger is to Protect .

Tatsuki has a reason to get stronger while Keigo posses none . And I too believe he will have a part to play however small it maybe and being a big Keigo fan I am waiting for it
Old 2007-05-22, 03:02   Link #26
Rahan

Well, Keigo has to protect his sister from the evil bald pimp. Or the opposite, I am not sure.
Bleach Fumoffu FTW
Old 2007-05-22, 04:25   Link #27
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
>BTW is this a Manga Thread ?

Sorry I'm still learning the conventions of animesuki. How do I designate the manga thread, I know how to edit the Thread title, but what do you put just manga parenthesis. Since its discussion on whether the anime will out pace the manga, it presumes automatically the person reads the manga. and knows where each story is respectively.
Old 2007-05-22, 05:17   Link #28
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

just put [MANGA] before the thread title.

Keigo cant be used for a filler arc, since kubo obviously has something in store for him. He's beeen getting quite abit of shinigami-side development, anyway. Seeing hollows, seeing shinigami, seeing urahara, seeing ichigo entering hueco mundo. Its impossible to take him as "any other school character".
Old 2007-05-22, 14:05   Link #29
Opayk
Right Arm of the Giant

Actually, before I meant to say Koga, not Keigo, but what the heck.

Anyway, I do agree with the Keigo thing, although I haven't seen much manga, being an anime viewer myself, but I don't mind reading the Manga threads for something to do. If he WAS going to get involved, though, what would his power be? I mean, all the good ones have been taken.

I agree that he seriously needs motivation, as his character has previously been whimsical and 'totally not serious'. His only motivation would be for boobies. Big, round boobies, in danger of being taken by the Espada.

"Where's ma boobies??" he would say, grasping his ruler and whacking it across Grimmjow's chest. And Grimmjow would be crushed under the weight of his ruler, and give in, revealing Aizens hideout for Ichigo and crew. END OF HIS STORY.
Old 2007-05-23, 08:54   Link #30
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
Sorry I'm still learning the conventions of animesuki. How do I designate the manga thread, I know how to edit the Thread title, but what do you put just manga parenthesis.
GOTO the Opening post and press the Edit Button on your bottom right corner . After you pressed edit you will get a slightly diffrent menu in that press Go Advanced . In advanced mode just add [manga] title to the thread name as Sceptileex suggested

Edit > Go Advanced > Add [Manga] to the thread title

Spoiler for Savin Space:
Old 2007-05-25, 22:41   Link #31
Dains11

As far as the fillers are concerned with Bleach...I'd like to see some data on how much t.v. ratings IN JAPAN drop off. The amount of dl's from bit torrent have no relevance to what the actual t.v. ratings get in Japan, and that's how they make their money.

Also, a question I've been wondering about Bleach, and actually Naruto as well...are they in the prime spots for anime on television? Sort of the equivalent of saturday morning for cartoons in America? Like what are the most popular anime's in Japan at this moment?

Finally, while I'm at it, isn't there anyway to buy the japanese dvd's of anime like bleach and naruto without waiting for the American companies to release them?
Old 2007-05-25, 23:00   Link #32
Rahan

Don't know for the ratings.
AFAIR (I lost the english site with the japanese tv schedules), Naruto and Bleach air around 6PM on free TV, which is primetime for anime (most of animes air in the middle of the night)

The most populars animes are kiddy shows like Sazae-san or Chibi Maruko Chan and you won't find them subbed.
Most popular subbed serie would be One Piece (who is not doing so well in the western world, but is WAY more popular than Naruto or Bleach in Japan)

For japanese DVD, www.yesasia.com and www.cdjapan.co.jp are the best sources. Both sites are in english.
However, japanese dvd are extremely expensive and don't have english subtitles.
Old 2007-05-26, 00:54   Link #33
Dains11

ok, I'll try to find those statistics. It seems silly the Japanese don't add subtitles to their dvd's though. Does anyone know off hand which anime is more popular at this time; naruto or bleach?
Old 2007-05-26, 01:03   Link #34
Azure King
Snr Spammer

i'm quite happy with the pacing of this series, i just hope they don't kill it like naruto
Old 2007-05-26, 04:49   Link #35
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

It's not so silly, the japanese dvds were meant for the japanese market, why put subtitles? As for which anime is more popular, probably naruto.
Old 2007-05-26, 05:21   Link #36
Opayk
Right Arm of the Giant

It's been out longer, anyway. So, yeah, probably Naruto.
Old 2007-06-06, 09:49   Link #37
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

As this is the unmarked and only suitable Manga Thread to post . I have posted here

Upcoming Ep in Bleach

Spoiler for Upcoming Ep Titles:
Old 2007-06-06, 18:41   Link #38
Marsala
Delurker

I have heard that the upcoming filler arc will be only five episodes.
Old 2007-06-06, 18:51   Link #39
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Its marked manga, however you have to open the thread to find that out. For some reason even when you edit it won't change the title of the thread in the forum. It will change the title of the thread once you open the thread though. Dunno why...

Hmm I don't mind mini filler arcs as long as they stay in focus with the main story even better if Kubo has input.
Old 2007-06-06, 21:38   Link #40
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Spoiler for Upcoming Ep: