AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-17, 13:29   Link #21
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I agree that "birth" is probably incorrect, since it'd imply there is someone to bear them. "Appear" or "turn up" are more neutral.

Question: if a Shinigami is demoted, or somehow loses maturity, does he become younger?
Old 2006-02-17, 16:16   Link #22
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Could true births in soul society be a way to make up for the souls that get eaten by hollows?
Old 2006-06-17, 07:22   Link #23
black shadow

why do people die in soul society ???

yo ..

i have a small Question ..about bleach

i love it and watch it all the time ...

but ..call me slow learner or stupid or what ever .. i know -__-

Q: when people die in the anime bleach they go to soul society

and then in soul society when ichigo go there they show us that people

die there too ....well i dont get it ..how can a dead person die #_#

and how come that Renji frinds diead ...?? i was going to ask my sense

about this since she is a japanes and she watch bleach but its summer holiday now ..

so can you help me with answering the Q ?!! #_#"""

see ya ~_^
Old 2006-06-17, 14:21   Link #24
NaNash|

Interesting topic.

I personally thinks that this whole confusion is caused by some plot holes left by Kubo Tite and some of us read thing into details too much. Well, I dunno is this what Kubo Tite thinks when he create the story but anyway, a bit off topic.

Ahem, I remembered I asked someone before about if souls in SS die, where did they go? Then someone just rebuff me that they just come back and live as human again.

Then Rangiku pregnant with Gin's "baby"(Is that the correct word to describe that thing? I really dunno...) . If a male soul and a female soul can reproduce the next generation, then why SS wants to terminate Qunicys? Mind that SS terminate Qunicys on the basis that they disrupt the soul exchange rate of SS and human world.

And wat happens to the souls eaten up by the hollows? Dun tell me that when a Shinigami "soul bury" the defeated Hollow, the eaten soul goes to SS automatically without telling us anything.
Old 2006-06-17, 14:26   Link #25
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaNash|
Interesting topic.

I personally thinks that this whole confusion is caused by some plot holes left by Kubo Tite and some of us read thing into details too much. Well, I dunno is this what Kubo Tite thinks when he create the story but anyway, a bit off topic.

Ahem, I remembered I asked someone before about if souls in SS die, where did they go? Then someone just rebuff me that they just come back and live as human again.

Then Rangiku pregnant with Gin's "baby"(Is that the correct word to describe that thing? I really dunno...) . If a male soul and a female soul can reproduce the next generation, then why SS wants to terminate Qunicys? Mind that SS terminate Qunicys on the basis that they disrupt the soul exchange rate of SS and human world.

And wat happens to the souls eaten up by the hollows? Dun tell me that when a Shinigami "soul bury" the defeated Hollow, the eaten soul goes to SS automatically without telling us anything.
lol

thats really crazy XD. There are alot plot holes. I stopped speculating and just enjoying Bleach.
Old 2006-06-17, 19:34   Link #26
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Since we really don't know about the complete mechanism of "birth" in Soul Society, I'm not going to address the debate concerning the technicalities of the actual term itself. What I will say is that the possibility of "births" in Soul Society alone neatly accounts for the souls that are taken out of the "SS vs RW" equation (ie. sent to hell). If memory serves, souls that go to hell are not recycled in the re-incarnation routine. To restabilize the balance of souls between SS and RW, new souls must be created via some kind of system. The births of fresh souls in SS that have yet to experience "life" very well fills that niche.
Old 2006-06-17, 19:43   Link #27
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Yes after a hollow is defeated, they get purified, then go to soul society. perhaps the souls that are born in SS are dead, unborn babies. You know all the ones that die from miscariges and abortions.

Continuity saved?

who knows.
Old 2006-07-18, 03:10   Link #28
KrnYuhJa_Me
N00b(:

What happens when a Shinigami dies?

I`ve been wondering about this for a long, long time. All the people in Soul Society are all dead right? So how can they die again? Or even get hurt for that matter? Where will they go if they die again? I always thought the whole excuting Rukia thing was kind of pointless because she`s already dead right? Do they go to hell if they die?

And in episode 62 (Aizen, Ichimaru, and Tousen are being "saved" by the Menos Grande) Aizen mentions that nobody was in heaven from the start. But isn`t Soul Society a resting place kind of like heaven? I always assumed since it wasn`t hell it was like a heaven...

Ack so many questions. Sorry haha but I couldn`t help thinking about all this. Lol!
Old 2006-07-18, 04:28   Link #29
Shin_Battousai

KrnYuhJa_Me: i think what happens is that they simply do not exist at all anymore, in any shape or form. This spirit stuff is also in Hong Kong TV series and from what i've gathered(the ones i watch are dubbed in Vietnamese) they also can perish like that despite being dead.
Old 2006-07-18, 14:27   Link #30
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrnYuhJa_Me
And in episode 62 (Aizen, Ichimaru, and Tousen are being "saved" by the Menos Grande) Aizen mentions that nobody was in heaven from the start. But isn`t Soul Society a resting place kind of like heaven? I always assumed since it wasn`t hell it was like a heaven...
I believe at the very begining of the series Rukia said SS is like what you call heaven but then someone later said it isn't heaven.
Old 2006-08-17, 00:59   Link #31
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

having children in soul society

Its a bit confusing, byakuya's clan/family are still in soul society, so that means he must have been borned in soul society? He was married to rukia's sister for 50 years and never had a child, so just wondering.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-08-17 at 01:01. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2006-08-17, 01:05   Link #32
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It is implied that that people in Soul Society cannot have children since it is shown that people appear at the age that they die at. The parakeet boy was in soul society just as we sent him. Thus it is unlikely that other people are actually born from a woman's body.

We are also told that everyone forms families based on adoption. The parakeet boy introduced us to his family in soul society based on this method. It is implied that noble families are the same, though bizarrely some members of this forum insist that reproduction must work for them simply because they are nobles. Obviously I repudiate this idea since there is zero support for it. The reason that Byakuya and Hisana never had children in 50 years is because they didn't adopt any.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-08-17, 01:35   Link #33
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Rukia and Hisana LOOK like natural sisters, plus we saw Rukia and Renji were shown in different ages in SS. I think we should at least keep an open mind about the whole souls having kids thing...
Old 2006-08-17, 06:51   Link #34
hdx514
馬甲

why is S.S., with modern souls from all over the world, so god damn feudal and japanese?
where did those giants & mutant animals come from?
why can the female in S.S. mature, fall in love, wed shag age die but not menstruate? why can they bleed everywhere but not down there? and what happens if you die 9 months pregnant?
bleach is never meant for serious analysis
Old 2006-08-17, 08:31   Link #35
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Well the problem that lies here is we are looking at this from a western point of view .lets look at this scenario from an eastern point of view

Shinto is the primary religion in Japan which was propagated during Meiji restoration in place of Buddhism .Shinto has it roots in Buddhism

Buddhism believes it takes 7 lives minimum to achieve Nirvana, if your Karma is clear .Which is you will have to go through the cycle of birth and death a minimum 7 times if and only if your Karma is clear. If not you are caught in the endless cycle of death and birth.

This endless cycle of birth and death continues also for a shinigami.Shinigamis having a stronger Leatsu can elongate their life span in Seireitei. But if they do die due to an unnatural event; they are indeed reborn again into mortal realm

This only explains the theory Ichigo maybe the reincarnation Of Kaien

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2006-08-17 at 10:20.
Old 2006-08-18, 02:36   Link #36
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Actually you are over-generalising here, IMHO.
So far, we only know that those people who were sent to Soul Society by a Shinigami's Soul Burrial appear there the same way, they died in the human world! (and don't age)
However It was never said, that every dead person has to be sent to SS by a Shinigami; actually I think those people are the minority, since there should be a lot more people dieing, than there are Shinigami around to collect them. I think usually those Souls go to Soul Society themselves and only those, who have some sort of reason stay behind and have to be soul-burried by a Shinigami.
And we basically know nothing about those, who go there by themselves; they could be "born" into Soul Society and age until they "die".
We know for sure, that the paraket boy said, that those who are like him (beeing sent) don't age, but we also know for sure, that there are souls, that age (Rukia&Co.), so there has to be a difference.
Uh, uh, uh! You're forgetting something! There is one case where we know of someone who came to Soul Society on their own. Read my answer below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
Rukia and Hisana LOOK like natural sisters, plus we saw Rukia and Renji were shown in different ages in SS. I think we should at least keep an open mind about the whole souls having kids thing...
Actually, Rukia and Hisana really are blood related sisters! They were born on Earth as sisters and then died together in miserable poverty, apparently of starvation. They were then reborn into Soul Society where Hisana abandoned her sister to find a better life for herself. It is curious that they were reborn in the same place, but that is probably because they died in the same place at the same time.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-08-18, 03:12   Link #37
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

How is that? They showed up in Soul Society without parents, just like the parakeet boy. There was no birth.

Old 2006-08-18, 04:26   Link #38
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Actually, Rukia and Hisana really are blood related sisters! They were born on Earth as sisters and then died together in miserable poverty, apparently of starvation. They were then reborn into Soul Society where Hisana abandoned her sister to find a better life for herself. It is curious that they were reborn in the same place, but that is probably because they died in the same place at the same time.
Dammit, another important bit of info I missed Thanks for clearing that up.

(if you haven't guessed, I don't pay that much attention to detail)
Old 2006-08-18, 07:01   Link #39
hdx514
馬甲

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
How is that? They showed up in Soul Society without parents, just like the parakeet boy. There was no birth.
explain to me the existence of preternatural beings such as giants way taller and bigger than robert wadlow and komamura then.
Old 2006-08-18, 11:17   Link #40
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

So if there's no soul creation in the form of births, there'd be a decreasing stream of individuals in SS and the human world, just being recycled, or going to heaven/hell somehow, not to mention getting Hollowfied + destroyed by Quincys.

Logically, wouldn't there be something that creates souls somehow to keep the population steady? You know, like giving birth to them...