AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-19, 19:37   Link #21
acidflower

As much as I hate Ichigo x Rukia, I think its more likely to happen.

to debbiechan:
Spoiler for rahxephon:
Old 2005-12-19, 19:41   Link #22
Rupugus

could you imagine Ichigo and orihime eventually having kids?

those children would have the IQ of Toast.

yet another reason Ichigo+Rukia makes sense.
Old 2005-12-19, 19:50   Link #23
Rhys
Interweb crawler

Then Toast must be quite intelligent because both Ichigo and Orihime are among the top students in their school.
Old 2005-12-19, 20:00   Link #24
Rupugus

"My future self"
I rest my case.

and Ichigo studies, because he has nothing else to do. doesn't make him smart.

also, didya happen to notice the rest of the students in the school?

The #1 student in a class could only score a 50% on the tests and still be #1 if everyone else scores lower.

also, most importantly:

'twas a bad Joke, those are my specialty.

besides, toast IS very intelligent. Everyday toast plots against you... BeWaRe
Old 2005-12-19, 23:06   Link #25
Suzumebachi

Send a message via AIM to Suzumebachi Send a message via MSN to Suzumebachi Send a message via Yahoo to Suzumebachi
Ichigo and Rukia?! Are you kidding me!?! It is most unlikely. I can definitely see Ichigo and Orihime though. Well...on Orihime's part she and Ichigo have chemistry. I can only see Ichigo and Rukia as really close friends. For example,

On a rooftop:

Rukia: You shouldn't have risked your life to save me.

Ichigo: [Puts his arm around her] Shut up! You know you wanted me to save you.

Rukia: [starts crying] While I was in my cell, you were all I could think about (but she still has a small thing for Renji).

okay maybe that's not how Ichigo x Rukia scenario would go but you get the idea. Rukia leaves and Orihime enters and starts off with a "We finally beat the bad guy" conversation then Ichigo says it's time for a new begining and they both kiss...THE END!!!

Okay someone take the floor...
Old 2005-12-20, 00:13   Link #26
ShuiMei

I have my post regarding this subject from the original discussion (I think?) anyway, here it is:

Quote:
I'm not trying to undermind Ichigo and Orihime's relationship, I think he genuinely cares about her, but pretty much on the same level he cares about his other friends, he hasn't really shown or done anything that has marked Orihime as special, she may require more attention and protection because she's not as strong as everyone else, but other than that Ichigo has never really treated her differently [outside the relationship as friends].

While Ichigo claimed that he and Orihime were close prior to Rukia, you can't deny the fact that Rukia coming into Ichigo's life has not made the two closer, were it not for Rukia, Orihime and Ichigo would not be as close as they are now, it's just one of the realities of the series, Rukia changed Ichigo's life- even Orihime has acknowledged that. Ichigo's relationship with Rukia is the very basis of the series, and I'm not implying anything romantic, I just mean the fundamental relationship in Bleach is the relationship between Ichigo and Rukia: no Rukia, no Bleach. Their connection is at the core of the series, and in that lies the problem with pairing up Ichigo with anyone other than Rukia. No matter who Ichigo is paired up with, be it Orihime, Tatsuki, whomever may come in and out of his life, they will have to deal with the fact that no matter what, Ichigo will always have a strong connection with Rukia, and the same applies with Rukia, she will always have a strong connection with Ichigo, it goes both ways. Any potential partners will have to deal with or overcome that obstacle, not saying it can't be done, but it can't be changed and it will be difficult, and that is the problem that Orihime must/has face(d).

It's unfortunate for Orihime's character who admires Ichigo so much, but their relationship is so one-sided. She understands his thoughts, his feelings, his actions and his behaviour, and it's obvious that in Orihime's life, Ichigo is that 'one special person,' but would we ever be able to say that about Ichigo? Furthemore, while Orihime understand Ichigo, she can't put that understanding into action, into supporting Ichigo when he needs it. Again, would Ichigo ever be able to understand Orihime the same way she understands him, or would he ever be able to match her affections? I'm not talking about returning her affections, I mean would he ever be able to feel for her as much as she feels for him? Seems pretty doubtful.

With Rukia, and I'm not talking about romantic, I mean in his platonic relationship with Rukia, Ichigo understands her as much as she understands him, they care about each other the same way- there's mutual understanding and mutual affection. They know how to deal with each other's flaws and their weaknesses, and how to deal with each other in both good and bad situations. It's a balanced relationship of equals, they mutually respect and care for each other, albeit in their own way, but no one stands above the other. Ichigo may be more powerful than Rukia, and while he does protect her, she can still yell and kick and punch him into submission. While she worries over him when he protects her, and he protects her because she's always worrying about him and not worrying about herself- it doesn't really change the dynamic of their relationship.

As I've said before in another thread, Orihime's gentle nature would never be able to express to Ichigo in a long-heartfelt speech what Rukia's harshness could express to him in a few sentences and a kick to the face.

In a potential relationship, Orihime will always be the one giving and giving and Ichigo, while I'm sure he would like to give, I don't think he has the capacity to give as much as she can, it's an imbalanced relationship where they're not equals.
To add on to that, Orihime cannot and is not grouped along with Tatsuki and Rukia as 'one of the guys,' simply because she is not 'one of the guys." Orihime is feminine, she's a maternal figure, and Ichigo doesn't call Orihime a bitch simply because she isn't one. Orihime is a nice, kind, selfless girl- it doesn't make sense to treat her the same way he treats Rukia, who as we all know, acts in a certain way in public and does certain things just for the sake of pissing Ichigo off. They are two completely different people with different relationships with Ichigo.

Orihime would never do something just to annoy Ichigo, her 'bohahaha'ing was innocent and had no ill-intentions, Rukia, on the otherhand, consciously and purposely does things to piss Ichigo off- it's a part of their relationship, they both piss each other off, argue, come to a mutual understanding, and the cycle continues. In my opinion, it doesn't show any partiality towards Orihime on Ichigo's half, or anymore concern for her feelings over anyone else, if Ichigo treats Orihime nicer than any other character it may have to do with the fact that Orihime's character doesn't do anything to bother/piss Ichigo off whereas basically everyone else has, and with good reason, Orihime is totally dedicated/enamoured with him, she has no inclination to rub him the wrong way.

Personally, I think Orihime's relationship with Ichigo is one of the least dynamic- it's obvious that Rukia and Ichigo's relationship is at the core of the series, but even Ichigo's relationship with Chad has more depth than that of his and Orihime. They have a trust, a bond and complete confidence in eachother, honestly- what does Orihime have other than an intense-one-sided affection? Once again, I'm not trying to undermine their relationship, they are certainly good friends, but it's never struck me as anything special, unlike the "frienemy" game Ichigo has going on with Ishida, his rival-complex with Renji, the aforementioned mutual confidence between himself and Chad, and of course, the fundamental love/hate understanding he has with Rukia.
Old 2005-12-21, 00:09   Link #27
Sakurax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzumebachi
Ichigo and Rukia?! Are you kidding me!?! It is most unlikely. I can definitely see Ichigo and Orihime though. Well...on Orihime's part she and Ichigo have chemistry. I can only see Ichigo and Rukia as really close friends. For example,

On a rooftop:

Rukia: You shouldn't have risked your life to save me.

Ichigo: [Puts his arm around her] Shut up! You know you wanted me to save you.

Rukia: [starts crying] While I was in my cell, you were all I could think about (but she still has a small thing for Renji).

okay maybe that's not how Ichigo x Rukia scenario would go but you get the idea. Rukia leaves and Orihime enters and starts off with a "We finally beat the bad guy" conversation then Ichigo says it's time for a new begining and they both kiss...THE END!!!

Okay someone take the floor...

...okay, that is enough to give all IchixRuki fans a nightmare for LIFE. *shudders* TT___TT

Everybody is saying how Ichigo always treats Orihime nicer than he does his other female friends...but, well, maybe it's because he feels sorry for her and he doesnt know her very well. I mean, when Rukia asked him "Are you two close?" (or something to that effect), Ichigo just said "not really" and something about Orihime being his neighbour's best friend. That already shows that he doesnt know her very well. And honestly, everyone is always more polite, nice and civil to those they dont know very well. To those that they do know quite well, they'll yell, scream and shout all they like.

Besides, Ichigo has strong principles about being an 'older brother' PLUS he has lost a loved one too, maybe he emphathises with Orihime. I still say he sorta sees her like a little sister, someone that needs looking after because, well, really, Orihime has no one except for Tatsuki. I think all the 'nice' things Ichigo does for Orihime are basically things he'd do for any girl that he thinks can't look after herself. The reason he isnt so gentle to Tatsuki, Rukia or even his sisters is because they'd probably kick him and accuse him of underestimating them. --Okay, maybe except Yuzu.

Besides, he can't treat Orihime like a guy...because, unlike Tatsuki and Rukia, she doesnt have that kick-ass, I'll-beat-your-head-in-if-you-piss-me-off kind of attitude. Ichigo is a little slow, but even he can see that Orihime isn't a girl you can yell, glare and curse at without reducing her to tears.

Although...this is JUST MY OPINION. *hides from possible bashing*
I'm just posting for the sake of conversation. >__<"
Old 2005-12-21, 00:18   Link #28
ShuiMei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurax
...okay, that is enough to give all IchixRuki fans a nightmare for LIFE. *shudders* TT___TT
Pretty much, but it would never go like that unless Ichigo/Rukia had been on the receiving end of a fatal blow to the head, especially Ichigo, I simply can't imagine him being THAT kind of affectionate with anyone just as I hope to never hear the phrase "I love you" escape his mouth.
Old 2005-12-21, 04:22   Link #29
Paranoisy

Send a message via ICQ to Paranoisy Send a message via MSN to Paranoisy
Thats an easy one.
Ichigo/Rukia is more possible than an Devil and God would have a child xD Impossible. Orihime is for the f***ing Quincy xD
I think there are more female charaters in Soul Society. Have a try on Matsumuto
Old 2005-12-21, 14:11   Link #30
notme
団長

For Ichigo acting nice to Orihime, I think it is more than merely reciprocation...

He brings her tea when she is healing Jidanbou, and thinks that she should rest. Doesn't this show that he was thinking about her? Doesn't it show that he cares for more than merely Inoue's safety? Acting polite to her is one thing, but Ichigo goes out of his way for her in this instance.

When going to SS, Inoue was also the only one Ichigo was not worried whether she would be of benefit...

Spoiler for Ichigo's thoughts on his companions.:

Also, if Ichigo thought of Inoue as someone who only needed protection, why did he not try to desuade her from going to SS, or even think that she was not ready/able to go? The only thing Ichigo asked her about going to SS is "Are you sure?"

After Ichigo's fight with Byakuya Ichigo asks Inoue, and Inoue only, if she was injured. Some people take this as Ichigo only being worried about Inoue because she was the weakest, but I do not think that is the case. Wouldn't that be looking down on Inoue? Ichigo has never looked down on Inoue. Not once. I don't see why he would start now. IMO, it is merely another instance of Ichigo showing a tender concern for Inoue's well being.

Well, that is my opinion.
Old 2005-12-21, 15:07   Link #31
Desti-Fate
Now available in pink

It's really impossible to guess who Ichigo will pick.
My guess is that the series will end before any real love interest emerges, and at most it'll end with a kiss.
At any rate Orihime strikes me as being Ishida's girl if anyone's...
Old 2005-12-21, 15:27   Link #32
Haru

Send a message via AIM to Haru
The way i have seen most of the affection in the story until now has been mostly that sibling type of "i love you in a way i dont want to see you die" way. Renji x rukia is the closest thing to a real relationship there is.
Old 2005-12-21, 15:32   Link #33
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Hmm, Rukia seems to be interested in Renji as much as Ichigo in Orihime....I mean nothing at all
Hell, what common points do Orihime and Ichigo have ? Nothing. Remember, Orihime in eps 60 I think, telling the others that Rukia brought Ichigo something important (don't recall the exact words).

Even herself is aware of that, besides Ishida seems also to have a crush on the booby chick...

So in the end :
Ichigo/Rukia
Ishida/Orihime

And renji....fuck you Oh wait, Byakuya needs some love now, go to him, jerk.
Old 2005-12-21, 19:02   Link #34
debbiechan
Ishida Zealot

I really hate the thought of Renji being left all my his lonesome if things do go down IchiRuki and IshiHime, but he'll always have us fangurls...

and Byakuya!
Old 2005-12-21, 23:54   Link #35
Suzumebachi

Send a message via AIM to Suzumebachi Send a message via MSN to Suzumebachi Send a message via Yahoo to Suzumebachi
I still think that Renji and Rukia have a thing or two going...^^
Old 2005-12-22, 00:36   Link #36
NaNash|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoisy
Thats an easy one.
Ichigo/Rukia is more possible than an Devil and God would have a child xD Impossible. Orihime is for the f***ing Quincy xD
I think there are more female charaters in Soul Society. Have a try on Matsumuto
hmmm, I think Matsumoto Ragiku is Gin's exclusively
Old 2005-12-22, 03:10   Link #37
Rellek

Location: San Diego, California and its bloody expensive here. -.-
Wink

I normally don't get into subjects such ass this, but in this case I will make an exception. One note, forgive my spelling, I have a terrible memory when it comes to characters names. So, just be glad I can remember these few.

Rujia + Renji
Reasoning: Childhood friends, always cared for eachother, and with the distancing put between those two once they became shimigame. This normally cuases the seperated to think of eachother on another scale as thier freindship starts to diminish.

Ichigo + Oriheme
Reasoning: Point blank, Ori is the only girl Ichigo admits to exist of whcich actually treats like a woman. He is curtious and caring for her, and Ori is the same to Ichigo. Also, Ichigo is still a teenager with a LOT of innosence, so an attraction to Ori based on her personality shows. As he does not admit to her obvious features, while others who meet her do, even that pink haired chick. O.o

Ishida + Konjiki Ashogi Jizou's Lieutenant (Still wondering how I rememebered this guy's name)
Reasoning: While she is in fact artificial in every aspect. They have already formed a respect and concern about eachother's well being. Other than that, thier fates are entwined due to Jizou's intrest in this Quincy. And it seems to be the perfect set from my stand point.

My two cents and now off to bed.
Old 2005-12-22, 03:41   Link #38
Mousuke

I don't deny that Ichigo is nice to Orihime, but I think some people are looking into it a little too deeply ^_^

Despite his somewhat tough and aloof aura, Ichigo is a very caring person (to the extent that his name means "one who protects"). Not only does he care for his family (he's rather protective of his sisters in particular) but he's also possessive of his friends. He even cares about complete strangers (ex. Before he befriended Chado, he beat up those guys who attacked him). In the early episodes, he admits to Rukia that he wants to protect people from Hollows, including those he doesn't know. Basically, Ichigo is an all-around nice guy who doesn't like to see anyone get hurt if he could prevent it. He wants to be there to tackle others' pain before it even happens.

When taking this into consideration, it's not so unusual that Ichigo should be so nice to Orihime. It's only common curtesy to say hello to someone in passing or offer to walk an injured girl home or hand her a cup of tea if she's been working hard. The reason so many people take this out of proportion is that we haven't seen Ichigo interact with many girls, and so we think "Whoa, he's nice to Orihime = item."

The other girls we see Ichigo interact with are (mainly) Rukia, Tatsuki, and Yoruichi. All three are go-getter, no-nonsense, in-your-face types of girls, and so he has a tendency to reciprocate the feeling. It's not uncommon for him to playfully yell and bicker with Rukia, but it's also not uncommon for him to show her his kind and caring nature. (I mean, he let her live in her closet and snuck her food. If that doesn't demonstrate his selflessness, I don't know what does.)

The reason Ichigo may seem "nicer" to Orihime is because they don't bicker and fight. But you need to remember that Orihime is not an arguer. (Have we seen her fight with anybody?) She's a sweet, simple, easy to get along with girl and doesn't give Ichigo any openings for argument like Rukia, Tatsuki, and Yoruichi do. Orihime has a different personality so he treats her differently.

As for my position, I've already said that I adore Ichigo/Rukia. I also see hints of this in the anime. They've had several moments (that, like anything else, could be arguable as friendship). It's clear that Rukia strongly cares for Ichigo (she's shed tears for him, the only person I remember her crying over apart from Kaien) and he seems to bring out something in her that other characters--including Renji-kun--don't. I think Ichigo and Rukia have a chemistry--not huge and obvious, being a shounen anime--but it's there in the background.

If Ichigo were to be paired with somebody, it would probably be Rukia. Think about it. The show pretty much exists because of Rukia. She's the leading lady and has a very close friendship with our leading man. But in the end, Ichigo/Rukia would be more dynamic to watch onscreen than Ichigo/Orihime. Ichigo/Orihime is a cute idea and all, but I think watching it would be dull and anticlimatic. They get along too well and Orihime doesn't have any binding ties to the spirit world like Rukia does (Orihime has her fairies, but it's not like she's bound to Soul Society in any way). If Ichigo and Orihime got together, it would just be a sweet idea to be blandly forgotten over time. If Ichigo and Rukia got together, it would be a Romeo and Juliet sort of relationship, and in the end people like to watch drama, not something easily coasting along.

Ichigo/Rukia lives.
Old 2005-12-22, 04:14   Link #39
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

I personally like an Ichigo x Orihime pairing over any other...
Old 2005-12-22, 04:42   Link #40
Mousuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack
I personally like an Ichigo x Orihime pairing over any other...
Would you care to tell us why?
Closed Thread