Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2011-07-14, 18:49   Link #21
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
Regardless, the difference is that the bomber was lost in fog, so it had dumped its fuel and was travelling very slowly. It's not at all comparable to the 9/11 impacts.
I never said it was comparable to the 911 attacks. I simply pointed out that the aircraft stated in two previous posts was not the aircraft that actually hit the Empire State Building.
Old 2011-07-14, 19:01   Link #22
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
I know, very surprising. Untrained pilots manage to efficiently hit three relatively small objects (Pentagon being very close to the ground) without problem, when prior they had failed to efficiently learn how to fly a plane and left one in the middle of an operational runway. I guess they really are special snowflakes.
JC, flying a plane is actually pretty damn easy. It's landing the damn thing safely that's difficult and ussually what requires all the training.

And I can't quite fathom how exactly you think managing to fly into a 400+ meter tall skyscraper is a particularly impressive feat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It's the Pentagon part that's interesting.
What about it is particularly interesting? The fact that there weren't any remains of the plane? Well that isn't remotely surprising at all.

I turns out Concrete>>>Planes
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 19:21   Link #23
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I never said it was comparable to the 911 attacks. I simply pointed out that the aircraft stated in two previous posts was not the aircraft that actually hit the Empire State Building.
And I wasn't attacking you. I was presenting a fact and using your post as context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
The fact that there weren't any remains of the plane?
Spoiler for plane remains:
Old 2011-07-14, 20:04   Link #24
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I couldn't help but think about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saHs6J0OXVI

Sorry, but that's the first thing that came across my mind. Also, it really doesn't take a conspiracy theory to tell me the government has no regard for human life anyways.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 21:21   Link #25
Sumeragi
Banned

I was discussing the rather clean damages, not the plane itself. I sort of expected at least a bigger hole, combined with some damages done by the turbofans flying through the building.

Conspiracy? Nope. But scientifically interesting? Yes.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 21:49   Link #26
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

9/11 itself wasn't the most damaging part of the fiasco. The wars that came: Now, those are the biggest suckers the US government created.

Financially and in body count, the wars did far more than 9/11. This overreaction is what really gets fellows LOLing in their hideouts.
Old 2011-07-14, 22:44   Link #27
GundamFan0083

Quote:
If it's not an "inside job", then US made some stupid decisions and were completely incompetent.
Keep in mind you're talking about the same government that just sold thousands of machine guns to Mexican Drug Cartels to "try and catch them."

So yeah, they're that incompetent.

If by "9/11 was an inside job" you mean the government under the Clinton administration was too busy chasing a bunch of red-neck ya-hoos playing GI Joe in the back woods of Montana to notice a real terrorist threat, then it was an inside job.

If you mean that a bunch of "Black Ops" types coated the Twin-Towers with thermite-jel....THEN NO...not unless there is some really good evidence would I be willing to believe that.

Our government is close enough to a police state already.
We don't need to make up reichstag fires to help them along with the totalitarian Evil Empire image they're shooting for.
Old 2011-07-14, 23:35   Link #28
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Loose change and other documentaries about 9/11 dont hold a candle against this one. The difference is like night and day. All the information presented is actually verifiable and sourced.
The documentary spends very little time talking about the planes. Instead it sheds light on stuff that no one else bothered to talk about, such as the involvement of foreign nations like pakistan and south the arabia, who aparently had very strong ties to the highjackers themselves. It talks in detail about the islraely govenment planting more than 10 spyies in the US who apparently were also tailing the terroists.
The video also talks about in fighting among the pentagon and the white house offials and thier whissle blowers whom, some of them, turn out dead.
There also indepth discussion about anti-terrorist organizations who had already spotted the highjackers and most of thier plot months or years before the events.
To top it all off, there also mention of a terroist who deserted alquaeda and became an informer to the US.
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 00:05   Link #29
GundamFan0083

I'll watch it when I get the time Sugetsu.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 2011-07-15, 00:13   Link #30
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Looking forward to your analysis
Old 2011-07-15, 00:18   Link #31
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Loose change and other documentaries about 9/11 dont hold a candle against this one. The difference is like night and day. All the information presented is actually verifiable and sourced.
The documentary spends very little time talking about the planes. Instead it sheds light on stuff that no one else bothered to talk about, such as the involvement of foreign nations like pakistan and south the arabia, who aparently had very strong ties to the highjackers themselves. It talks in detail about the islraely govenment planting more than 10 spyies in the US who apparently were also tailing the terroists.
The video also talks about in fighting among the pentagon and the white house offials and thier whissle blowers whom, some of them, turn out dead.
There also indepth discussion about anti-terrorist organizations who had already spotted the highjackers and most of thier plot months or years before the events.
To top it all off, there also mention of a terroist who deserted alquaeda and became an informer to the US.
1) Most of the hijackers are of Saudi origins. This is a well-known fact and has been acknowledged.

2) In-fighting between US government agencies is again, very well-known. Maybe, this time, it got out of hand. But, when the FBI and CIA are well-known to be at loggerheads, and the three arms of the military are not exactly best pals, in-fighting is not unusual.

3) Again, it is very well known that Israel spies on the US, despite the US being arguably their biggest patron.
Old 2011-07-15, 00:30   Link #32
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The military and the White House did not get along during the Clinton administration. The whole draft dodging thing annoyed the military types to no end.
The Bush administration had been in office for less than 9 months when this attack happened. Post-9/11, the Military got along just fine with the Bush administration from what I can tell.
I am under the impression that they don't care for the Obama administration.
Old 2011-07-15, 01:32   Link #33
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Yes, those are well known facts, but what is not well known is that all those agencies and nations had advanced knowledge of the attacks before they happened. The film is very effective in supporting these claims. There is also big talks about Pakistan's and Israels support of the 9/11 attacks both of whom covered by the mass media but quickly forgotten.

This film isn't a joke. It took 5 years to make because there was some heavy research being done.
Old 2011-07-15, 01:43   Link #34
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Yes, those are well known facts, but what is not well known is that all those agencies and nations had advanced knowledge of the attacks before they happened. The film is very effective in supporting these claims. There is also big talks about Pakistan's and Israels support of the 9/11 attacks both of whom covered by the mass media but quickly forgotten.

This film isn't a joke. It took 5 years to make because there was some heavy research being done.
I'm not saying that the film is a joke. I'm saying that what came after 9/11 was a bigger joke. If the film's hypothesis is correct, then it is even sadder to know that the US screwed itself after being played for a fool by other nations where historically, it was the other way round.
Old 2011-07-15, 02:50   Link #35
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
I know, very surprising. Untrained pilots manage to efficiently hit three relatively small objects (Pentagon being very close to the ground) without problem, when prior they had failed to efficiently learn how to fly a plane and left one in the middle of an operational runway. I guess they really are special snowflakes.
Like Roger Rambo said, it's not the flying, but the landing that's difficult, and those pilots weren't properly trained to land the planes. They knew how to fly, but they never intended to land them to begin with.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 02:55   Link #36
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
So, this "documentary" doesn't actually tell us anything we didn't already know. It just sensationalizes known or suspected events? Sounds about right.

It's not that surprising Israel was spying on us. We spy on our allies, why shouldn't they spy on us? Keep your friends close and your enemies closer and all that. It was also pretty general knowledge not too many years after the attack that the intelligence community knew something was going to happen and dropped the ball. We knew that already, too. So where are these mind-blowing revelations? This stuff really isn't news.

Edit: I'll probably be in the minority saying this, but 9/11 wasn't really that big of a deal. Sure, it was horrible and a lot of people died, but from a military perspective, it was a gnat bite. This was a pathetic enemy lashing out at us in the only way it can, and the damage was minor.

Trust me, if Al'Qaeda would have done some real damage, like, say, nuked half of NYC, body counts in the millions, we wouldn't have just "invaded" Afghanistan and poked around mountain hidey-holes for their boss. We would have reduced the entire country to nothing but a sheet of radioactive glass. These terrorists are not an operational threat, and if it ever came to a real fight, we would crush them like bugs, which is why the continued Republican obsession with FIGHTIN' TERRRRISM is hilariously transparent. They are not even remotely a match for us on a bad day; the Greedy Old Party are just using TERRRRISTS as an excuse to pump taxpayer dollars into the military-industrial complex.

I don't believe the US government is competent enough to orchestrate something like 9/11, to fake it and leave absolutely no evidence of fakery. I do believe they're willing to use it as an excuse to take the money that ought to be put towards things that help America. Things like healthcare, space development, alternative energy and higher education, things that actively help America become a more awesome nation. I believe they use the threat of TERRRRRISM as an excuse to fill their pockets with our money.

And now they're shouting doom and gloom over the impending "default," to scare us even further into voting to put more of the country's money in their pockets. It's all nonsense. I cannot understand how this mass pathological avarice has swept through our nation's leaders, movers and shakers, but they're so sick with greed it's almost unreal.

Last edited by synaesthetic; 2011-07-15 at 03:07.
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 02:58   Link #37
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
So, this "documentary" doesn't actually tell us anything we didn't already know. It just sensationalizes known or suspected events?

Sounds about right.

It's not that surprising Israel was spying on us. We spy on our allies, why shouldn't they spy on us? Keep your friends close and your enemies closer and all that.

It was also pretty general knowledge not too many years after the attack that the intelligence community knew something was going to happen and dropped the ball. We knew that already, too.

So where are these mind-blowing revelations? This stuff really isn't news.
Perhaps you will find out after you watch the documentary instead of assuming things

The documentary is about: "Core of Corruption is a documentary film series which details a comprehensive investigation into clandestine intelligence operations and conspiracies. The project is surfacing exclusive whistleblowers, insiders and critical evidence for the very first time."

Edit: By the way, i was saving this comment for when people started discussing the film but I think I need to say it: The documentary doesn't point fingers directly at the US, instead it gives so much information that you are left with the impression that the US definitely knew what was going to happen but chose not to act on it or even participated. More than this I cannot say because I don't want to spoil fun and heated discussion that I am sure will ensue after people start posting their opinions on the film.

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2011-07-15 at 03:20.
Old 2011-07-15, 03:13   Link #38
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I watched a few minutes of it, which was as much of it as I could stand before I could physically feel myself getting stupider.

I've had it up to HERE with sensationalism. The media needs to fucking knock it off. I know, I know, scaring the crap out of people makes them very easy to manipulate. Which is exactly what this "documentary" does. It presents a bunch of easily-inferred things in a vewy scawy manner... and makes people afraid. Uncertain. Worried. STRESSED THE HELL OUT.

Personally, I'm sick and tired of this shit. I've had my fill, I'm done and no longer afraid. I'm not worried anymore. I'm pissed off. I barely even read the news anymore. Every story is just another attempt to scare me, to control me with fear.

I take everything that isn't attached to a peer-reviewed scientific journal with an entire lakebed full of salt grains.

I'd bet we'd all have ten goddamned years added to our lifespans if this sensationalism would just GTFO.
Old 2011-07-15, 03:35   Link #39
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

But why just stick to the first few minutes only? you can't judge a book by its cover. The documentary is far from stupid.

This film doesn't attempt to scare you. It only presents many different reports while trying to make sense of all that happened. In the end it won't claim that it was the US government that killed its own people and that we should bring it down like many conspiracy movies love to do. You are left wondering how involved were the US, Pakistan, South the Arabia and Israel in the attacks.
Old 2011-07-15, 03:44   Link #40
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
So, this "documentary" doesn't actually tell us anything we didn't already know. It just sensationalizes known or suspected events? Sounds about right.

It's not that surprising Israel was spying on us. We spy on our allies, why shouldn't they spy on us? Keep your friends close and your enemies closer and all that. It was also pretty general knowledge not too many years after the attack that the intelligence community knew something was going to happen and dropped the ball. We knew that already, too. So where are these mind-blowing revelations? This stuff really isn't news.

Edit: I'll probably be in the minority saying this, but 9/11 wasn't really that big of a deal. Sure, it was horrible and a lot of people died, but from a military perspective, it was a gnat bite. This was a pathetic enemy lashing out at us in the only way it can, and the damage was minor.

Trust me, if Al'Qaeda would have done some real damage, like, say, nuked half of NYC, body counts in the millions, we wouldn't have just "invaded" Afghanistan and poked around mountain hidey-holes for their boss. We would have reduced the entire country to nothing but a sheet of radioactive glass. These terrorists are not an operational threat, and if it ever came to a real fight, we would crush them like bugs, which is why the continued Republican obsession with FIGHTIN' TERRRRISM is hilariously transparent. They are not even remotely a match for us on a bad day; the Greedy Old Party are just using TERRRRISTS as an excuse to pump taxpayer dollars into the military-industrial complex.

I don't believe the US government is competent enough to orchestrate something like 9/11, to fake it and leave absolutely no evidence of fakery. I do believe they're willing to use it as an excuse to take the money that ought to be put towards things that help America. Things like healthcare, space development, alternative energy and higher education, things that actively help America become a more awesome nation. I believe they use the threat of TERRRRRISM as an excuse to fill their pockets with our money.

And now they're shouting doom and gloom over the impending "default," to scare us even further into voting to put more of the country's money in their pockets. It's all nonsense. I cannot understand how this mass pathological avarice has swept through our nation's leaders, movers and shakers, but they're so sick with greed it's almost unreal.
The only thing about the default is that the world has never seen it before. So, we really don't know what it'll be like. But, come August, we may get to find out. And no, you are not in the minority with your 9/11 view.

On the money issue, those TSR body scanners: LOL.