Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2011-03-21, 23:19   Link #21
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilithium View Post
He won't be able to elaborate! His initial reply to this thread is hardly even a sentence. But let's face it, the US wanted to stay out of this conflict. But Europe is Europe, and their oil supply was being threatened so they whined to us to help. It's funny because the Taliban & Saddam Hussein were far worse than Gaddafi has been his entire career as a dictator, and we got crapped on by the world for invading their respective countries.

Now they ask us for help. What the fuck? I hate having friends.
I do remember he is one of our few posters from the Mideast, who have a better understanding of the emotional demographic on the ground there. I would be interesting to know what he is actually thinking and argue from that point instead of just condemning him just like that.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 23:21   Link #22
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Your thoughts on the US' air raid upon Libyan soil.

Good or bad? Uncalled for or, "It's about damn time?"
more like... why can't western europe do it on their own?

i know it's not in their interest to see that country become like somalia and lose their hi-quality oil (really... libya crude oil is really hi-quality!).... but COME ON! It's time for them to scale back their very generous social welfare stuff just a little bit and man up by increasing their military spending to US levels so they don't have to rely on US every friggin time!
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 23:23   Link #23
Autumn Demon
~

Another major US military intervention without Congressional approval.
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 23:26   Link #24
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post

i know it's not in their interest to see that country become like somalia and lose their hi-quality oil (really... libya crude oil is really hi-quality!).... but COME ON! It's time for them to scale back their very generous social welfare stuff just a little bit and increase their military spending to US levels so they don't have to rely on US every friggin time!
Most of Europe's countries are land-locked, so they do not have to build up expeditionary forces like the US (other than Britain, but their SAS and RMC will suffice) to do long range fast insertion and FIFO.

And besides, most of their politicians don't have the balls like US to do something out of imagination. Like Grenada.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-03-21, 23:26   Link #25
Lilithium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I do remember he is one of our few posters from the Mideast, who have a better understanding of the emotional demographic on the ground there. I would be interesting to know what he is actually thinking and argue from that point instead of just condemning him just like that.
I hope his post doesn't resemble this one from another forum I post on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saudi Arabian Man
The UN gave AlGaddafi the time to kill the people in Benghazi and Israel sent Mercenaries and weapons to Gaddafi to stop the revolution and kill the people.
The only solution is Arabic-Islamic soldiers and air-force to finish Gaddafi off.
the UN is a trick.
Lilithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 23:27   Link #26
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post

i know it's not in their interest to see that country become like somalia and lose their hi-quality oil (really... libya crude oil is really hi-quality!).... but COME ON! It's time for them to scale back their very generous social welfare stuff just a little bit and man up by increasing their military spending to US levels so they don't have to rely on US every friggin time!
Would be nice wouldn't it? But we can't expect that within a few months, so it's now or never.

Although, I'm pretty sure they don't need us anyways.
They have an air force too right?!
Old 2011-03-21, 23:30   Link #27
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Actually I'd welcome an Arab League air strike and ground force doing just that to Libya. Have them clean up their own for a change instead of waving at the Europeans and Americans to do it and then turning on the Westerners after everything starts to save face in the greater Islamic World.
Old 2011-03-21, 23:31   Link #28
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Demon View Post
Another major US military intervention without Congressional approval.
This. I don't care what jsutification there is for the war. Unless we are in immediate threat and need to take immediate action, congress needs to actually declare war. Oh yeah, this hasn't been war since Nixon .
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 23:31   Link #29
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Would be nice wouldn't it? But we can't expect that within a few months, so it's now or never.

Although, I'm pretty sure they don't need us anyways.
They have an air force too right?!
Only a bunch of Eurofighter Typhoons with 1990s and early 2000s avionics. Heck they don't even have the high-altitude precision stealth bombers to do surgical strikes on enemy AA and radar installations - they have to rely on Special Forces which cannot communicate with command until they finished their task and are ready for extraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
This. I don't care what jsutification there is for the war. Unless we are in immediate threat and need to take immediate action, congress needs to actually declare war. Oh yeah, this hasn't been war since Nixon .
The threat is $150/bbl oil.

Spare a thought about those who drive! *sarcastic*

P.S Since you are on you should come in and play some SC2.

Old 2011-03-21, 23:32   Link #30
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Only a bunch of Eurofighter Typhoons with 1990s and early 2000s avionics. Heck they don't even have the high-altitude precision stealth bombers to do surgical strikes on enemy AA and radar installations - they have to rely on Special Forces which cannot communicate with command until they finished their task and are ready for extraction.

Jesus. Never mind then. They need us, at least for a speedy campaign.
Old 2011-03-21, 23:34   Link #31
Lilithium
Banned

I am so in favor of the Arab League and Europe dealing with Libya on their own. It's pretty enraging that we were condemned throughout the world for our actions in Iraq & Afghanistan and now this! Europe has to deal with Libya for the sake of their oil supply, and all of a sudden invasion of a sovereign state is okay with them!

European war mongering bastards. Feels so good to say that....LOL!
Old 2011-03-21, 23:37   Link #32
flying ^

Quote:

yeah!

and i don't WANT my daily driven tuned iVTEC honda accord to run on 87 and 89 octane!
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 23:41   Link #33
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
The french are using the Rafale insted of the Eurofighter (probably not better, maybe worse than the Eurofighter). We canadian send 6 CF-18; I guess than mister Harper send thoses as a means to build arguments in favor for his ( controversal) decission of remplacing the CF-18 by the F-35 much more than helping the libyans.
Old 2011-03-21, 23:44   Link #34
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
The french are using the Rafale insted of the Eurofighter (probably not better, maybe worse than the Eurofighter). We canadian send 6 CF-18; I guess than mister Harper send thoses as a means to build arguments in favor for his ( controversal) decission of remplacing the CF-18 by the F-35 much more than helping the libyans.
Makes one wonder if saving the Libyans is a cover for everyones true interests.
Old 2011-03-21, 23:44   Link #35
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:

P.S Since you are on you should come in and play some SC2.
Sure. But let congress decide that. I'm just tired of the gross overstepping of power by the president.

I may be on later tonight.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 23:45   Link #36
Lilithium
Banned

Quote:
Makes one wonder if saving the Libyans is a cover for everyones true interests.
Of course it is, Asuras. Do you think we live in a decent and sane world?
Old 2011-03-21, 23:47   Link #37
Asuras
Dictadere~!

How many people here aren't Realists?
Old 2011-03-21, 23:50   Link #38
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
How many people here aren't Realists?
It real question isn't about Realism but how much our opinion influence the perception.
Old 2011-03-21, 23:51   Link #39
Asuras
Dictadere~!

You lost me there.

Jesus. I feel like I can't contend with you guys.
Old 2011-03-22, 00:00   Link #40
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Congress gave approval for the Iraq War of 2003. Or at least they provided approval for use of armed forces against Iraq to the President "as he determines to be necessary and appropriate".

Congress has not declared a war since 1941. The Korean War was not a declared war either if you want to get down to it from the point of view of America declaring war on somebody. We've more or less handed that task over to the United Nations.

In addition to this, Nixon did not start the war in Vietnam. It was started long before he got into office. He ended the Vietnam War. Kennedy got us unto that war for the most part, and Johnson get the ball rolling into high gear in 1965.